10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    and to answer your question SurrealNight, i am @ 4498 haste, and i am at 13,98 ER.
    26.56% to 33.18% Crit by swapping to this scenario: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/a...a-f7c016793e4a

Expertise Hard Cap version: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/a...d-2108e229bac3

Will try that out tonight and see how it goes. I'm thinking the main difference I will see is less L30 talent usage but a big jump in EB stacks is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Or are you saying you are at those values with Ascension? In that case, won't we need a much higher haste value for Ascension to win out over Power Strikes?
    I assume that is with Ascension since that is the scenario he was responding too. I don't think he is claiming that level of haste is better than Power Strikes from a Chi standpoint, just that 14 ER is generating enough Chi for his needs with the benefit of increasing Crit by a large margin.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-11-29 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Added expertise hard cap.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I will ask the question again, because my in game character stat display shows my energy regen at 12.8 with a haste rating of 6969, or 62.96%. How are you getting these ER values? Or are you saying you are at those values with Ascension? In that case, won't we need a much higher haste value for Ascension to win out over Power Strikes?
    its with ascension, and i don't know, i'm testing it right now (single tank fight.. i got replaced by our rogue :'( ) but the elusive brew stacks you get are realy nice (gara'jal in his soft enrage was hitting like a little kitten) and it was no problem to keep shuffle up and use PB

Okey so what if i get both garja fist wep hc version? that would be better then the sha touched staff?

Deleted
    The problem I have with getting more crit is that most of the time my specials take the crit so my elusive brews are not stacking up. It's really annoying to sit at 3 stacks of elusive brew and see all the yellows crit. Also dampen harm seems bugged and gets eaten instantly by stagger.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Replace Searing Words.

Windsong.

You my main man. Release more of those youtube things :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Okey so what if i get both garja fist wep hc version? that would be better then the sha touched staff?
    500 Agi in gem form will make it win out. Just put some valor into it to bump its ilvl up and keep one of your Gara'jal weapons in the bank for when you get your Shek'zeer fist (which is better than the staff)

Quote Originally Posted by Theboot View Post
    The problem I have with getting more crit is that most of the time my specials take the crit so my elusive brews are not stacking up. It's really annoying to sit at 3 stacks of elusive brew and see all the yellows crit. Also dampen harm seems bugged and gets eaten instantly by stagger.
    Those are two separate things. White crits are on a completely different roll than yellow crits. You are suffering from what we professionals call "Bad RNG."

The DH bug DOES seem to be an issue that keeps popping up though... Bring it to Blizzard's attention, lets see if we can't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    You my main man. Release more of those youtube things :P
    Ha... I really need to, don't I? I need to do some math for the next one, but that shouldn't be SO hard. Hopefully. D:

Deleted
    I feel like the other tank had problems to keep aggro today, got the boss back 3 times or something like this today. even @ tsulong after i was resetting stacks. I was back on the boss, had 2-3 crits and the boss was hitting me again... but i think it is more a problem of not holding me back for some seconds..

Deleted
    I have a question regarding 4-set, not sure if it was mentioned in here but when I was looking it wasn't (apolagies if it is mentioned, then please just quote that or so)

What would be the one tier piece best to leave out? (my guess was on shoulders?)
    Last edited by mmocc4b2dc0cdc; 2012-11-29 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naylahice View Post
    What would be the one tier piece best to leave out?
    Shoulders because they have +Dodge. Empress or WW Tier shoulders are better itemized (Crit vs Haste).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Okay thanks just wanted to be sure

So I was wondering if anyone could take a quick glance over this: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7302&e=7847

Despite dodging all but 1 combo (got hit with a single stun) while my co-tank missed dodging 3 of them, I have a LOT more damage taken. Notably I think about 6mil is stagger damage, which seems a lot. Am I doing something wrong that's causing all this extra damage? I Purify everytime it goes red, but I generally leave it if it's yellow or below, in favour of BOK. I know my Shuffle on this fight is a little low, because I'm putting more effort into dodging the comboes when they proc (and also the add phase at the start will lower it), but I generally have a good uptime on it (you can see 98% on Stone Guards).

The more damage taken is a trend across all the fights, and I wondered if anyone can help with anything I MIGHT be doing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more damage taken is a trend across all the fights, and I wondered if anyone can help with anything I MIGHT be doing wrong.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Emperor/page2
    Go to details for your monk.
    Step 1: Go to "Damage by Spell". Under "Damage Taken", record total damage taken.
    Step 2: Add up the total amount absorbed.
    Step 3: Go to "Healing by Spell". Under "Healing taken", add up all the yellow numbers in the Hits - Total column.
    Step 4: Your real damage taken is: Total damage taken(from step 1) - Total absorbed(from step 2) + external absorbs(from step 3).
    Also, look at "Healing Taken" and you'll see you were in line with the other tank + factor in you account for 29% of that healing yourself. Because of how stagger is tracked we will always have a massive lead in "Damage Taken" on the surface.

Only few things you could probably improve on is using Expel Harm a bit more, only 11 uses over 9 minutes? Your Elusive Brew useage is always WAY too low, only 6 uses total. Should be popping it every time you are done dodging a combo at the least and using it close to off CD until the next combo. Oh, only 3 dampen harms too.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-11-29 at 11:19 PM.
    [/URL]

World of logs doesn't subtract the damage you take from stagger.

Ex:

Boss hits for 100 damage then dies immediately after. You take 40 damage and stagger 60 of it.
    Recount/skada shows you taking 100 damage total.
    World of logs says: you took 100 damage on the hit, then another 60 stagger damage for 160 damage total.

Boss hits for 100 damage then dies immediately after. You take 40 damage and purify it.
    Recount/skada shows you taking 40 damage total.
    World of logs says: you took 100 damage total.

---

You'll have to manually multiply the damage taken by "melee" by whatever percentage you don't stagger.

For example, on your will parse, assuming your master staggers 49% of incoming hits (my best estimate from your armory):
    You took 22 mil in melee so 22*.51 = 11.22 mil
    You then took 6 mil in stagger on top of it so 17.22 mil total.
    vs
    Your warrior who took 14 mil total.

The numbers look a lot more comparable that way.

Also, you can't expect to take as much damage as other tanks, that would mean brewmasters are ridiculously OP because a significant portion of their damage intake is through a dot, the easiest type of damage to heal.

Overall, just ignore the damage taken mechanic. It's more or less a useless metric.

So I was wondering if anyone could take a quick glance over this: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7302&e=7847

Despite dodging all but 1 combo (got hit with a single stun) while my co-tank missed dodging 3 of them, I have a LOT more damage taken. Notably I think about 6mil is stagger damage, which seems a lot. Am I doing something wrong that's causing all this extra damage? I Purify everytime it goes red, but I generally leave it if it's yellow or below, in favour of BOK. I know my Shuffle on this fight is a little low, because I'm putting more effort into dodging the comboes when they proc (and also the add phase at the start will lower it), but I generally have a good uptime on it (you can see 98% on Stone Guards).

I compared my kill this week to yours. We took the same damage, although my fight is 2 minutes longer so I was really taking less.

The biggest thing I see is stagger damage. You had 30% uptime on moderate stagger, I had 13.5%. I purified moderate stagger pretty quick (which felt often). I felt like I was pretty good at keeping my rotation going while dodging which gave me the chi to purify more often.

Other than that, I used expel harm more, as well as Elusive Brew.

Oh and our DK took about 2M less damage than me, and our healing was about the same. I do feel like I'm getting hammered in that fight...
    Last edited by Zaxus; 2012-11-29 at 11:40 PM.
    Barleyclaw - Axis - Dark Iron US

Quote Originally Posted by Morion View Post
    My point is : with Power Strikes, you can have your two first Jabs generating 2 Chi instead of one, which is, i repeat, a safer way to engage a fight. Keg Smash isn't in the equation.
    you're purposely removing keg smash to make your invalid point a valid one.

how is what i said not just as safe as what you said?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by youlowgee View Post
    you're purposely removing keg smash to make your invalid point a valid one.
    Oh dear you are a stubborn guy. Or one who, as a rule, never ever uses Jab more than once in the first 20 seconds of a fight (which remains a quite stubborn principle actually ^^).

Quote Originally Posted by Morion View Post
    Oh dear you are a stubborn guy. Or one who, as a rule, never ever uses Jab more than once in the first 20 seconds of a fight (which remains a quite stubborn principle actually ^^).
    It doesn't even matter. Basing your decision of which talent is better on the first five seconds of a fight when that fight can be anywhere from six to ten minutes long is hardly a good decision, and I wouldn't even consider it anything other than a quality of life factor, but it's hardly the main thing to think about and it's hardly very important.

I don't see how arguing semantics about something that's rather trivial in the first place forwards the conversation.

If I find the dk tank style daunting should I not even look at BrM?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    If I find the dk tank style daunting should I not even look at BrM?
    kiiiind of. It's definitely more engaging than the DK style, at least in my opinion, since you've got a lot more stuff to look over, but it's also a different style of active mitigation.

dk frost is like keeping debuffs on a target. use abilities on proccs and then use some stuff to dump runic power because you should no be capped.

so lets see what brewmaster is all about.
    u should keep buffs on you with spells that u can use after you use your energy. with thats spells you put debuffs on your target witch are really not that good to mention. but they will always be on that target because of your skills you use.

so lets compare it quite easy to other tanks: yep, dk is the closest one to a brewmaster but not really the same. the idea of spending some to use some to get some is the main topic both classes shares
    13/13

Monk