10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Gemming agility is a loss. While 1 point of agi is worth more than 1 point of haste/crit/whatever secondary stat you can think of, it is NOT worth more than 2 haste/crit. So gemming hybrid agi gems is actually losing you mitigation/survivability.
    If the socket is red, and the socket bonus is going to make up for the less primary stat on the hybrid gem, then you can gem agility if you don't want/need exp. I gem almost completely crit, with blue going hit/crit and red agil/crit as the socket bonuses made it worthwhile.

Let's try to teach people to think instead of just telling them what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    If the socket is red, and the socket bonus is going to make up for the less primary stat on the hybrid gem, then you can gem agility if you don't want/need exp. I gem almost completely crit, with blue going hit/crit and red agil/crit as the socket bonuses made it worthwhile.

Let's try to teach people to think instead of just telling them what to do.
    I understand going for valuable socket bonuses, so that wasn't really an issue for me.

I was just trying to get confirmation that ascension+crit build=crit gems for the most part.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by youlowgee View Post
    I understand going for valuable socket bonuses, so that wasn't really an issue for me.

I was just trying to get confirmation that ascension+crit build=crit gems for the most part.
    That depends. You need to maintain a certain level of haste, even with Ascension. The general consensus is to maintain a haste rating of 4536. This gives you a 14 energy per second regen. I've been playing around with that and feel that it's a little skimpy for my taste. I'm going to try 6k rating tonight and see how it goes.

Soo, long story short, gem however you need, to reach those levels, then reforge to crit.

www.wowreforge.com has proven invaluable for this type of split reforging. You can download and install the addon called, Reforgerade, and copy/paste the results from wowreforge straight into the addon and have it reforge your gear for you. Saves a little time.

**edit**

Just to add, the way you gem depends a lot on what your roles are in raids. For example, on fights where only one tank is needed, I switch over to WW spec. Using hybrid gems in cases like this work great.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    I've been playing around with that and feel that it's a little skimpy for my taste. I'm going to try 6k rating tonight and see how it goes.
    I've been running 6200 haste + Ascension since 5.1 dropped and pretty happy with it. Single tank fights (mostly Wind Lord) it can feel a little skimpy on Chi still but doing normal Terrace last night was fine. Only thing I have to remember is trying to keep a little energy pooled for EH timing, I think with Power Strikes I had more of a tendency to pool a little more energy so I could make sure and use Jab soon as the ICD was up.

Ascension puts me in the habit of focusing on keeping energy drained a lot more as you can do 3x Jab's and/or Keg Smash on a bar of 80 energy and you'll nearly be full again by the time you burn off a few BoK's worth of Chi.

For 6200 haste with my gear I found I could leave my gems completely alone and just forged Haste/Mastery -> Crit while doing normal hit/expertise cap optimization.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of regen can you get with 6200 haste rating? Is that the 15 energy per second cap?
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ~14.50 ER @ 6200 Haste. Mostly an arbitrary number that resulted from my just changing my reforges but not having time to grab new gems and I've sort of just ran with it. I'd consider pushing it up to 15 ER but I'm enjoying the extra Crit more (was beautiful on Sha).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Elusive Brew changed?

It appears as though when I do a critical strike, I gain 3 stacks of Elusive Brew at once, instead of just one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Was Elusive Brew changed?

It appears as though when I do a critical strike, I gain 3 stacks of Elusive Brew at once, instead of just one at a time.
    Did you switch to a 2h?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Did you switch to a 2h?
    Yeah. I used to have the Kegs.

Had no idea.....

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah. I used to have the Kegs.

Had no idea.....
    Then all is normal, 2h's will generate a static 3 stacks per proc.

yesterday i went into the raid with the exp soft cap.....never again. i missed so much. in one situation i refreshed my shuffle, put on my guard, got a heavy stagger, throw a keg *missed* fuck!

can i miss jab too with the exp soft cap?
    13/13

Monk

Yes. All abilities will have a 7.5% chance to be parried if you are only at 7.5% expertise.

The only difference is that a loss of a jab is relatively minor in comparison to the loss of a keg smash. It's only 8 energy and a GCD if memory serves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I solo tanked Wind Lord with a pure Haste build. Basically my healers and myself rotated cooldowns on me when I didn't have Guard up because I was regularly putting up 700k+ guards on myself on cd. I did use the Ox trinket for that fight for an additional buffer of health, and dodge.
    Thanks for the answer, Gynshon.

Yes. All abilities will have a 7.5% chance to be parried if you are only at 7.5% expertise.

The only difference is that a loss of a jab is relatively minor in comparison to the loss of a keg smash. It's only 8 energy and a GCD if memory serves.
    thank you, and back to 15% again
    Last edited by siccora; 2012-12-06 at 08:25 AM.
    13/13

Monk

Then all is normal, 2h's will generate a static 3 stacks per proc.
    Are you certain about this? I updated a few pieces of gear today and while running some 5-mans I was sometimes getting 2 stacks instead of 3 (about half and half if I had to guess). I would see stacks of 2, 4, 11, 14, etc. Before I upgraded some pieces I am certain I only saw 3, 6, 9 etc. I've read from many places that you always get 3 stacks from a 2her and I can't figure out what's wrong.

1 stack from 1 handers
    2 stacks from staffs
    3 stacks from polearms

Basically it's dependent on weapon speed. See these two items:

Ghostheart: http://www.wowhead.com/item=81247
    Snowdrift's Bladed Staff: http://www.wowhead.com/item=81108

Ghostheart, a Polearm, is 3.6 speed. It's slow, so gives 3 stacks.
    Snowdrift's Bladed Staff, a Staff (duh ;D), is 3.2 speed. We'll call it medium speed, so gives 2 stacks.
    One handed weapons generally speaking are 2.6 speed, so we call it fast, so gives 1 stack.

Oh ok thanks! That makes sense.

I went from Ghostheart (3.6) to the scribe epic staff (3.3). Since it's kinda in between it's giving me 2 stacks sometimes and 3 stacks other times. I wish that was made more clear on the tooltip.

Deleted
    I have one question.
    My raid leader tell me to go on mastery/stamina for progress HC msv, or i just stay on exp/hit/haste/crit ? He says it's a lot better stamina + mastery for progress. But if i go to stamina + mastery , the boss will hit me every time cause the stacks won't going so high. I don't use stamina trinket.
    Name: Boonez (Sylvanas)

Depends on the boss. Some do prefer a higher stam/mastery set up, either because the main source of damage can't be avoided (heroic stone guard, bleeds), or they hit ridiculously hard that a bad avoidance streak will kill you, so you take stam/mastery to smooth it out even though you're actually taking more damage overall (will of the emperor, blade lord ta'yak, shek'zeer's adds).

So yeah, don't use stam/mastery for every boss, but do create a stam/mastery set for those specific bosses where it's worth it. For example, using stam/mastery on Feng would be pointless and actually detrimental, since that's a heavy raid damage fight. As such you want to do more DPS to the boss for more Guards on the raid, which a stam/mastery gearset won't help with much.

But yeah, my advice is to create two gear sets and swap when necessary.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Larrabee. If you don't mind, I'd like your opinion as you stated you did all T14HM in haste gear.

I use that as well but for some fights I switched to stam/mastery trinket, and even had a hit/exp (~2300) > haste (~14 en/s) > mastery for some fight (for example I used that for our first Will heroic tries). But in haste gear against Mel'jarak heroic I got litterally murdered. :-/

Obviously I was doing something wrong. I thought it was my lack of mastery reforging but according to what you said, i might not be the problem.
    Eventhough there ALWAYS room for improvment, I think I managed my rotation pretty well : keeping Shuffle up as much as possible (as it's a multitarget tanking I try to aim 100%), purifying as soon as it gets above 15k per tick (thanks to Sunnier's weak aura ♥), and using wisely my CDs especially Guard while on high Vengeance.
    How did you manage this fight ? (Did you solo tank it ?)

Thanks (and sorry for my english which is not perfect).

I used the DM:C stamina trinket sometimes because my gear was pretty far behind everyone else in the beginning. I ended up passing everything to our rogue for dps check encounters.

We have always played bladelord with 2 tanks. Me picking up 2 battle-menders + 2 trappers and after the trappers die I'll take the boss or both battlemasters, depending on if I will end up taking bladelord himself anyway due to the amount of vengeance I have. In other words; If my threat on bladelord is really close to the other tank ill just taunt him, if he's far ahead I'll just take the blademasters instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    1 stack from 1 handers
    2 stacks from staffs
    3 stacks from polearms

Basically it's dependent on weapon speed. See these two items:

Ghostheart: http://www.wowhead.com/item=81247
    Snowdrift's Bladed Staff: http://www.wowhead.com/item=81108

Ghostheart, a Polearm, is 3.6 speed. It's slow, so gives 3 stacks.
    Snowdrift's Bladed Staff, a Staff (duh ;D), is 3.2 speed. We'll call it medium speed, so gives 2 stacks.
    One handed weapons generally speaking are 2.6 speed, so we call it fast, so gives 1 stack.
    I can add that the Terrace weapon (Gao-Rei) with 3,3 speed gives 3 stacks.

Does anyone have a WORKING addon for Power strikes? I need an addon that has a timer on when I will recieve the buff. Every single addon I have tried seems to bug in the beginning of encounters but I have the buff, use jab and get power strikes again after a few seconds.

I am pretty noobish at TMW - if anyone has working configuration for that I'd be pleased if you could post
    Last edited by mmoc15cdbb3260; 2012-12-06 at 12:36 PM.