10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    ah yeah i need to fix that on the gems. but im shooting for the hard exp cap but im sure i can put it elsewhere.
    I'm assuming you mean hardcap on exp, b/c the hardcap on hit is 27% against raid bosses if I'm not mistaken. The only thing that hit beyond 7.5 affects is white attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    The spreadsheet he is using doesn't assume 100% is optimum.
    Mostly thinking of the more intense fights like Wind Lord solo tanked and Empress where I wouldn't want less haste than I have now which is > 6200. On other fights it's probably more than needed but I'd rather have to much haste/chi than be short and I don't plan to change my haste on a fight by fight basis (maybe others do but I'm lazy).

I'm not a big fan of the spreadsheet for those reasons as it over complicates things. Since it isn't going to also tell you when those PB's and Chi Waves should be used (does it calc how often you hit Moderate+ stagger or something?). Just focus on what ever haste keeps Shuffle/Guard up while actively tanking, PB at least Moderate+ stagger usually, and maybe a little extra for L30 talents.

As you said this all changes per fight so why burn your brain out trying to optimize each one, you should optimize for the hardest.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-12-13 at 11:33 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Mostly thinking of the more intense fights like Wind Lord solo tanked and Empress where I wouldn't want less haste than I have now which is > 6200. On other fights it's probably more than needed but I'd rather have to much haste/chi than be short and I don't plan to change my haste on a fight by fight basis (maybe others do but I'm lazy).

I'm not a big fan of the spreadsheet for those reasons as it over complicates things. Since it isn't going to also tell you when those PB's and Chi Waves should be used (does it calc how often you hit Moderate+ stagger or something?). Just focus on what ever haste keeps Shuffle/Guard up while actively tanking, PB at least Moderate+ stagger usually, and maybe a little extra for L30 talents.

As you said this all changes per fight so why burn your brain out trying to optimize each one, you should optimize for the hardest.
    I have not yet tanked those fights on anything but LFR so far. I was just looking at my numbers...I have 1800 haste with Asc...but about 9k crit. I'm sitting at 13.18 regen....but just shy of 31% crit unbuffed. I've been relegated to 'back up tank' in our 10 man since I'm apparently too good as heals.

Mostly thinking of the more intense fights like Wind Lord solo tanked and Empress
    It's not often that you'll single tank those two fights on 25m, or even 25H, considering the adds/boss hit considerably harder.

I have some questions (Sorry being lazy):

- Should I go for 15% exp?
    - At what point should I stop prioritize haste?

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    I have some questions (Sorry being lazy):

- Should I go for 15% exp?
    - At what point should I stop prioritize haste?
    Both points are based on personal preference. If you're at 7.5% and you still don't like seeing those parries, get more expertise if you can afford it.

Same with haste, to an extent. When you see your shuffle buff get to a pretty high uptime and you feel you're good with your purifying brews (as in you don't need them anymore), then you can stop putting points into haste.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Both points are based on personal preference. If you're at 7.5% and you still don't like seeing those parries, get more expertise if you can afford it.

Same with haste, to an extent. When you see your shuffle buff get to a pretty high uptime and you feel you're good with your purifying brews (as in you don't need them anymore), then you can stop putting points into haste.
    I did Will of the Emperor and I think I was taking too much spike damages and sometimes I just can't hold shuffle up with so much stagger going on...
    Can you help me?
    Last edited by XingoJenkins; 2012-12-14 at 02:46 AM.

I did Will of the Emperor and I think I was taking too much spike damages and sometimes I just can't hold shuffle up with so much stagger going on...
    Can you help me?
    Are you continuing to build shuffle whilst dodging his combo?

Yes. The try that we killed them I used dodge time to build shuffle, but after that I used to get hit really hard and saw death many times.

Which are the optimal tier pieces to use? Looking at it, the only thing that looks good on them is the bonuses. The stats themselves look poor.

Yes. The try that we killed them I used dodge time to build shuffle, but after that I used to get hit really hard and saw death many times.
    Will hits hard, so try to use Elusive Brew, Guard, Dampen Harm, Fort Brew as needed during damage phases.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/goldrinn/Jurandyr/simple

I don't have log, sorry.
    With your gear level that fight will be pretty hard for you but by no means impossible. Make sure you get the best out of your gear so get a belt buckle, leg enchant and upgrade all your gems to blue quality. Change weapon enchant to Windsong (if you can't afford Dancing) and change your bracer enchant to agility.
    As you are indicating you have a problem with keeping shuffle up try to get some more Haste while maintaining hit/exp 7,5%.

cheers,
    Xarmon
    Last edited by mmoc3d17ca3db8; 2012-12-14 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Which are the optimal tier pieces to use? Looking at it, the only thing that looks good on them is the bonuses. The stats themselves look poor.
    The stats are mostly fine, to be honest. The only stats on our tier pieces that are kinda bad are dodge and mastery: the rest are quite useful in one way or another. And hell, mastery has its uses for some boss fights.

So yeah, the shoulders are the piece you shouldn't use. There're shoulders from Shek'zeer which are far better itemised as well (crit/haste).

Deleted
    thanks guys!
    yesterday i tried out the haste/crit build and it worked fine. also cleared spirit kings & elegon hc with it. tanked sha nhc without dropping below 30 % health.

with how much energyreg and critrating did you did it?
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    It's not often that you'll single tank those two fights on 25m, or even 25H, considering the adds/boss hit considerably harder.
    So gear different, I raid 10m and you didn't specify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    So yeah, the shoulders are the piece you shouldn't use. There're shoulders from Shek'zeer which are far better itemised as well (crit/haste).
    WW tier shoulders are very well itemized for us
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Did some testing with a agi oriented gemming style and exp hard cap. Results were really good in terms of dps output.

I'm currently wondering if I should go for a 2H or DW (always considering dps). 2H got you better stats but DW with dual agi proc can surely be devastating. Weapon dps seems quite important considering our first damage source is white melee.

I'm confused !

WW tier shoulders are very well itemized for us
    Very true! I just feel a bit weird about using a different spec's tier loot. Doesn't feel right somehow! But no, if you don't have this illogical restriction, then the WW tier shoulders work very well for us indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by NeitherDoI View Post
    Did some testing with a agi oriented gemming style and exp hard cap. Results were really good in terms of dps output.

I'm currently wondering if I should go for a 2H or DW (always considering dps). 2H got you better stats but DW with dual agi proc can surely be devastating. Weapon dps seems quite important considering our first damage source is white melee.

I'm confused !
    Whichever is higher ilevel. If you have a set of weapons with the same ilevel, the ones with better stats. If the stats are mostly equal, personal preference.

There's pros and cons to both, so yeah just go with what you prefer.