Isn't it better to get a 2nd stats before AGI. Like putting a pure Crit Gem into a prismatic stat? So isn't it better to have a profession that gives you 2nd stats? and the same with your race? like a pandaren gives you double agi (since you should take agi food). but if you take a draenei, you can reforge 1% hit into crit.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Isn't it better to get a 2nd stats before AGI. Like putting a pure Crit Gem into a prismatic stat? So isn't it better to have a profession that gives you 2nd stats? and the same with your race? like a pandaren gives you double agi (since you should take agi food). but if you take a draenei, you can reforge 1% hit into crit.
    It only applies to gems because secondary stat gems have double the budget of primary stat gems.

Point for point agility is still best in terms of overall benefit.

Deleted
    I was wondering, in 5.2 gear, would it be possible to get to 50% passive dodge+parry (via gems/reforge), in order to have 100%avoidance under elusive brew+shuffle?
    I doubt it would be really useful since it would probably require to sacrifice too much other stats to be worth it on most fights though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulbukh View Post
    I was wondering, in 5.2 gear, would it be possible to get to 50% passive dodge+parry (via gems/reforge), in order to have 100%avoidance under elusive brew+shuffle?
    I doubt it would be really useful since it would probably require to sacrifice too much other stats to be worth it on most fights though.
    Yeah, including crit which would bring down your uptime :/. At least in 5.2 I'm aiming first :

a) having enough haste to shuffle (already)
    b) having enough haste to pb according to each new level of mastery I'll have (till T15 maybe put more when I get to 520 ilvl plus)
    c) stack crit to get near 50% uptime (average 45% crit) => 50% avoidance / 50% at staggering for +12% => unbreakable !
    d) Exp or More EH through Stamina till 650k HP raid buff which is the limit for Mastery to become better as long as there aren't an heavy stamina boss

Since 5.2 is almost at our doorstep, would it be possible to have some kind of BiS list(s)? Now I know people gear differently so the only way this could work is by categorizing it, like 7.5/7.5 Crit, 7.5/15 Crit, 7.5/7.5 Haste, 7.5/15 Haste, and more if it's needed. Then people could try and mix and match accordingly to what they prefer. Then again this is only a suggestion and it would require some time to make them.

Also, I'll update the 5.2 Gear list on Friday with Oondasta and Ra-den drops so it's pretty much complete.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot... What do you think it's the best off-set for T15? I've been checking around and the WW Helm looks really appealing compared with the other pieces.
    Last edited by Archknight; 2013-02-28 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archknight View Post
    Since 5.2 is almost at our doorstep, would it be possible to have some kind of BiS list(s)? Now I know people gear differently so the only way this could work is by categorizing it, like 7.5/7.5 Crit, 7.5/15 Crit, 7.5/7.5 Haste, 7.5/15 Haste, and more if it's needed. Then people could try and mix and match accordingly to what they prefer. Then again this is only a suggestion and it would require some time to make them.

Also, I'll update the 5.2 Gear list on Friday with Oondasta and Ra-den drops so it's pretty much complete.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot... What do you think it's the best off-set for T15? I've been checking around and the WW Helm looks really appealing compared with the other pieces.
    I probably won't go that far unless there's enough items to pick from. Even then, reforging and gemming to get your personal points wouldn't be that difficult.

If I make two BiS sets it'll be an EH set and a mitigation set.

And as for best off-set item, It probably will be the helm, yes.

EDIT: ACTUALLY, not necessarily.

http://i.imgur.com/qAG3Zs3.png

I took a look at each set and did a full gemming, ignoring mastery and dodge bonuses in favor of pure crit. (the pattern is still similar if you take away all the gems, aside from any stam / agi leads that a set might have)

Looks like legs will be best for a mastery build and gloves are great for a crit build, with the helm being good for a build with lots of haste.

If I would have to pick one though it'd be gloves as the off-piece. It has a lot of crit, which is going to be nice this tier, as well as some base mastery for a bit extra EH, and an okay amount of expertise and hit, which we won't need too much of, especially when we add in the rest of the armor we're missing here.

Have anyone done some math to compair our 4 set bonus with windwalkers 2 set bonus. In terms of energy it might be better to use our 2 set and their 2 set bonus.
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    Have anyone done some math to compair our 4 set bonus with windwalkers 2 set bonus. In terms of energy it might be better to use our 2 set and their 2 set bonus.
    The problem with that would be a) our four set is awesome and b) we don't need more energy after a point, which should be fairly easy to get to with 5.2 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The problem with that would be a) our four set is awesome and b) we don't need more energy after a point, which should be fairly easy to get to with 5.2 gear.
    Well the 4pc is basically a free chi which could be replaced by enough energy from balls and additional jabs. In Theory.
    You could lower your haste in favor for crit to a point were you simply cant go below anymore and collect energy balls as needed. In Theory.

In praxis from what i read the energy balls dont procc enough to go with that kind of strat tho.
    And on any fight were you have to move around you would be utterly fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    *snip*
    Hrm, yea, I'm going for a more crit focused approach especially when I get the set bonuses, so I shall go for the gloves, thanks!

Anyway... This is probably a bit too late for the party but how easy is it going to be to get expertise hard cap? Is it "worth it" considering we probably won't need to sacrifice much compared to this tier (it's technically the same, but you get what I mean).

Also, would you recommend any trinket as soon as we set foot in ToT or is it not really a major thing at all?

And lastly, Bottle (HC) vs Relic vs Terror (N)? I'm currently using bottle and relic since I feel like I need the EH from it. Should I switch it Relic with Terror, stay as is or try Relic + Terror?

Preeeety sure base agi wins out against base mastery, for your trinkets.

As for the 5.2 ones, haven't really looked at 'em... but it appears to be slim pickin's.

Expertise hardcap's not hard to get to, per se, but I wouldn't advise going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    Bad idea. Our 4 set from testing Heroic 10m on PTR is pretty amazing. I tried it out on several fights where I would only purify when it procced, and very rarely did I want to Purify when it wasn't up. Maybe 1 out of 50 times as a guess. The proc was always available.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

How do you feel that stat priority is going to be for 5.2 gynshon based on what you've seen on the PTR? Strong tier for brm?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    How do you feel that stat priority is going to be for 5.2 gynshon based on what you've seen on the PTR? Strong tier for brm?
    In my own personal opinion, the stat priorities are close to what they are now for me. Haste at 4500-5k with or without 4pc, stack Crit through the roof. I haven't done the math, and am definitely not a math expert, but I am wondering what the break point will be to have a 60% active EB uptime, and I will shoot for that as much as possible.

I have tried both full expertise and full crit with 7.5% expertise on PTR and the 7.5% won out because of the EB uptimes. Alot of those fights have heavy physical damage, not as much as say Heroic Will in the non dance phase, but solid enough the EB will be a bonus. If they fix pathing, Gift procs will be nice as well, coupled with the free Chi Wave when needed. Not on cooldown though, cycle it when healing is needed and expel is on CD.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    In my own personal opinion, the stat priorities are close to what they are now for me. Haste at 4500-5k with or without 4pc, stack Crit through the roof. I haven't done the math, and am definitely not a math expert, but I am wondering what the break point will be to have a 60% active EB uptime, and I will shoot for that as much as possible.

I have tried both full expertise and full crit with 7.5% expertise on PTR and the 7.5% won out because of the EB uptimes. Alot of those fights have heavy physical damage, not as much as say Heroic Will in the non dance phase, but solid enough the EB will be a bonus. If they fix pathing, Gift procs will be nice as well, coupled with the free Chi Wave when needed. Not on cooldown though, cycle it when healing is needed and expel is on CD.
    It's roughly 45% crit to achieve that Gynshon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahalya View Post
    It's roughly 45% crit to achieve that Gynshon.
    This is misleading...b/c crit chance -> EB uptime is going to change depending on haste. Rough numbers I have laying around from awhile back says at 5% haste you need 44.4% going up to 15% haste you need 40.4%. Crit depression needs to be taken into account unless you have the crit buff in raid. This is also subject to RNG and fight mechanics which may reduce actual uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    This is misleading...b/c crit chance -> EB uptime is going to change depending on haste. Rough numbers I have laying around from awhile back says at 5% haste you need 44.4% going up to 15% haste you need 40.4%. Crit depression needs to be taken into account unless you have the crit buff in raid. This is also subject to RNG and fight mechanics which may reduce actual uptime.
    That's why I wrote "roughly" and I have about the same amount of haste gynshon has.
    Of course uptime is obviously RNG but RNG means nothing but "you can't achieve what you ask with 100% probability".

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like statements such as the one you made with no explanation, especially when it is a more complicated reason behind the numbers (ex: multiple variables). Better to give all the info and how you came up with a number rather than just a simple answer. That way other can double check your numbers and see if they make sense to them. My numbers are actually the ones I ran for Madgod way back when we did the podcast. So you can go check them out there if you so desire. *shameless plug achieved*

So how are we looking going in to 5.2?

I'm having to debate a class change to pick up some slack for people in my raid.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    So how are we looking going in to 5.2?

I'm having to debate a class change to pick up some slack for people in my raid.
    I haven't been on the PTR, but I have been keeping up with the notes as far as tanking goes, and I think we were in a good place for t14, and I think we'll continue to be in a good place for t15.

• We finally have something to help us out with stuns: Nimble Brew. HoF-like runs won't be nearly as infuriating.
    • Our tier bonuses look awesome - well, at least the 4 pc. (10% chance for free purifying brew off stagger dmg) Not quite sure how the 2 pc will factor into things quite yet.
    • The lvl 30 talents are now chi-free. Chi-wave is probably still the go-to talent, but depending on the situation, sphere and burst could probably be just as viable. No reason to not use these on CD it seems.

Overall, we scale pretty well with gear, we are still going to push out pretty good dps, and I think with more people getting into monks, we're on a very good path right now (except for our mistweaver brothers). We will still have a variety of tools with which to handle different situations. We are still extremely mobile, and can still adapt very quickly to a changing fight. I love my Brewmaster, and I look forward to 5.2.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.