Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    So what T30 is everyone running now? I'm hearing Zen Sphere is supposed to be pretty solid?
    I would like to know this aswell, I currently use Chi Wave but willing to change for Zen Sphere if the heals are bigger/better compared to the later ToT bosses (only done 2/12, going further tonight!)

Deleted
    Im curious too. Wich healing tier is best after 5.2 for raid?
    I seriously consider Sphere

Killing Tortos yesterday, im in a full mastery build, with around 3.5k haste.

So far the only occasions where you should ask your plate fellow to tank are:

-> phase 3 adds in horridon
    -> Sandstorm adds on council
    -> Bats on Tortos (you do exceptional well on the boss, just let the plate guy take the bats)

Ill keep mastery build on progress, even if i dont like it so much, I'm less spiky and thats what matters. On the farm ones ill try the crit build to see how high the numbers go.

Edit: With this build ive around +13% stagger, 53% with shuffle which im able to keep all the time. Just guard its hard to use on cd with just 3.5k.
    Last edited by Ghorm; 2013-03-08 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    I would like to know this aswell, I currently use Chi Wave but willing to change for Zen Sphere if the heals are bigger/better compared to the later ToT bosses (only done 2/12, going further tonight!)
    I will be testing Zen Sphere tonight and will let you know. Chi Wave is now really weak IMHO, so going to give the sphere a shot and then decide.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I will be testing Zen Sphere tonight and will let you know. Chi Wave is now really weak IMHO, so going to give the sphere a shot and then decide.
    I've been running with Zen Sphere after I switched for Mag, the ticking heal to counter stagger + explosions when stacked worked well I felt. Also comes in handy for Quill's during Ji-Khun since you can cast it so the timer is ready to explode shortly after the ability is cast.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Anybody feeling a little low on HP on some of the end bosses on 25m? Bosses are hitting pretty hard, and there are several DoT abilities which hurt us a little more I think. I'm using a haste and crit build, but considering switching to mastery as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghorm View Post
    -> Bats on Tortos (you do exceptional well on the boss, just let the plate guy take the bats)
    Did the opposite last night in 25s. Sat our blood DK on Tortos while I rolled around picking up all the Vamp Bats with Dizzying Haze, kiting them in a big circle around the room the whole fight. Just had our DPS focus the boss and turtles, ignore the bats. Sometimes messy on bat pickup and lost a person or 2 to that, but otherwise it worked out. Vid of it from dps warr perspective w/ sweet super mario tunes at youtube.com/watch?v=3_ma7T4hL9k

BrM's are strong on Tortos no matter what you do.

Taning Tortos, we have the ability to EB every Snapping Bite, making as avoid a crap ton of damage, on top of the fact that you can DH 3 consecutive Bites and that Guard absorbs and entire bite as well, we are strong on Tortos to reduce Snapping Bite's burst to nothing.

On the bats, yes we have low hp so dipping below 350k may be a problem, however most of the time, if you have good healers for the short moment the bats will be alive they will focus heals on you a bit more so your health doesnt dip. The bats hit hardenough that your AoE skyrockets to about 600k dps. Bats are in most cases about Burst DPS, and BrMs bring the most burst aoe DPS in that situation. So it is a risk vs reward factor, the reward is pretty great if you can control the risk properly. One nice thing to do is to Leg sweep about 35% of the bats' health, so by the time the stun is over, most of them are dead (using it early means synchronized swings = bad).
    Last edited by Zonex; 2013-03-08 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestol View Post
    Im curious too. Wich healing tier is best after 5.2 for raid?
    I seriously consider Sphere
    I started testing Zen Sphere/Chi Wave after I noticed that something wasn't right. After browsing the logs, I realized that on a fair number of fights, chi wave simply wasn't bouncing the amount it should. Normally, each cast should result in 8 separate events (4 heals, 4 nukes), but depending on the fight, chi wave sometimes simply didn't bounce much. I checked Megaera (~1.5 bounces per cast), Ji-Kun (~2.5 bounces per cast), and Durumu (no bounces).

Due to Chi Wave being straight up broken (imo), Zen Sphere should probably be our level 30 talent until chi wave is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I started testing Zen Sphere/Chi Wave after I noticed that something wasn't right. After browsing the logs, I realized that on a fair number of fights, chi wave simply wasn't bouncing the amount it should. Normally, each cast should result in 8 separate events (4 heals, 4 nukes), but depending on the fight, chi wave sometimes simply didn't bounce much. I checked Megaera (~1.5 bounces per cast), Ji-Kun (~2.5 bounces per cast), and Durumu (no bounces).

Due to Chi Wave being straight up broken (imo), Zen Sphere should probably be our level 30 talent until chi wave is fixed.
    Ok, so then it wasn't just me then. I also saw very few bounces, and the healing was so subpar. I have switched over to Zen Sphere, and will test it thoroughly tonight.

Deleted
    Any tips or tricks on Horridon? We have some problems there at the moment and while part of the is due to lack of focus on the dps side another part is on me not being able to tank Horridon for too long before I fall over over.

Armory is here in case it's needed: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Quanji/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Any tips or tricks on Horridon? We have some problems there at the moment and while part of the is due to lack of focus on the dps side another part is on me not being able to tank Horridon for too long before I fall over over.

Armory is here in case it's needed: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Quanji/simple
    I died sometimes, rarely however. Just purifies often (often yellow / red) and especially before each puncture (roughly every 15/20 sec), timing it with a guard from the 4th puncture (starts to deal high damage from 4th). With high crit build and high uptime on EB, I take few to no damage in between punctures.
    I tank him until 7 puncture max.

Few things that might help :

- A hpal / other tank mate pal Hand of Protection you after the 4th puncture and you cancel aura it
    - Just switch at 4/5th puncture with the other tank by doing the following : AE taunt while targeting your statue and having the other tank on top of you, then he taunts Horridon and the switch is made during the door phase.

Good luck, tank damage has never been a problem with high crit build as far as I'm concerned, what brought us the kill of Horridon was lust during door n°3 and better positioning of adds by each tank according to their abilities.

After Wednesday on Megaera I went from a haste/crit build to a full mastery build. Mastery/Stam in Blue Sockets. Mastery in Yellow. Expertise/Mastery in my Red sockets. Yesterday on Megaera we went in and 1 shot it. Healers were much happier with me not being as spiking. Went to Power Strikes today and I'm going to try it over the weekend in some 5.0 raids. I'm very happy with the changes myself. I will probably change back when I get a few more pieces but I went from 488 to 507 in about a week gear wise. Mastery really helped me out at the lower levels.

Zen Sphere is the clear winner here. Tested it out tonight on a 9.5 min one shot fight on Twins:

2.5m healing, 94% uptime, 195 ticks at 9k per tick on average.
    1.3m healing done from the Detonate alone.

Very solid!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post

We tanked Horridon (25m) with a switch after every door. Just make sure to have stagger up, if the puncture damage drops you low, pop some CDs, but in general he shouldn't hurt too much during the Door-phase (but he can spike you down if you get unlucky with your dodges, so be ready to use healthstones or Expel Harm).

Once we did the fourth door, I tanked him until we killed the mini-boss-add (forgot his name), which we did using bloodlust. Afterwards, the other tank taunted (because Horridons damage gets pretty high and I already had 7-9 puncture stacks), and from then on we just rotated as soon as the stacks ran out, using personal and healer CDs as soon as we hit around 5ish stacks. But the end of the fight shouldn't take too long. Also note that Horridon is pretty easily kitable (didn't have to in our kill, but the try before was pretty messy and both tanks died at 12%, kitet until around 7-8%), so if you die and Horridon is already low, don't call it a wipe and try to stick in there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    I started tanking the boss on Tortos and kept getting agro on the bats as well and there was nothing my DK could do to take them off of me. It MIGHT be possible to solo tank it, but during the falling rocks things got really sketchy and I usually died after 1-2 cave in's. So we switch and he got to play ezmode boss tanking and in the end I was getting face rolled during the stun, to which I manage to find a pretty decent rotation to survive perfectly fine and rarely dipped below the HP mark.

Build 25-30 seconds of shuffle prior to the bats spawn and use Zen Sphere on yourself (at least thats what I've used after such weak healing from my chi wave) grab healing spheres and use EH (assuming you'll heal yourself) as the bats are spawning and I generally had agro over healers as they landed. If not I used SCK to gather them off the healers as they were hitting the ground (NOT KS!) and then drag them up towards the boss. I had to yell at our raid not to cc them or slow them otherwise it would take a while to get grouped up and in position (hence no KS slow). I generally had Good EB stacks to roll during that whole section and I would save my Leg Sweep for right before every raid stun. In the end we started killing them fast enough that they weren't up during the stuns so I switched to stunning them about 15 seconds before the raid stun then using Guard right as it falls.

In short for bats
    25s Shuffle
    Gather adds
    Elusive Brew
    KS -> Fire Breath
    SCK ETC
    Leg Sweep
    Guard
    Elusive Brew
    SCK ETC
    Dead
    or you just kite the adds and kill the boss in 3 minutes

so easy...

Can't rank if you kite the bats. Why not do the fight as intended? I didn't find the stun to be game changing, it is only 1 second. This fight is certainly 1 tank-able, but easier on healers for sure. In our gdkp we managed the first 5 bosses in 4 hours, I'm finding it really challenging to be able to clear the entire instance in 4 hours with all the trash, but who knows what the future holds.

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    Can't rank if you kite the bats. Why not do the fight as intended? I didn't find the stun to be game changing, it is only 1 second. This fight is certainly 1 tank-able, but easier on healers for sure. In our gdkp we managed the first 5 bosses in 4 hours, I'm finding it really challenging to be able to clear the entire instance in 4 hours with all the trash, but who knows what the future holds.
    Yea, the trash is more difficult than some of the bosses.

Deleted
    Are there any math about the new trinkets? dont know if the VP trinket is worth buying with this unhandy 105 seconds ICD....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    After Wednesday on Megaera I went from a haste/crit build to a full mastery build. Mastery/Stam in Blue Sockets. Mastery in Yellow. Expertise/Mastery in my Red sockets. Yesterday on Megaera we went in and 1 shot it. Healers were much happier with me not being as spiking.
    Cleared Meg with the regular haste/crit build + 7.5% expertise with no problem (i502 at the time), only took us 3 attempts. Glyph Guard, spec Diffuse Magic, Save Fort Brew and Zen Sphere for flame head. Since 25m hit harder I usually run with some stam enchants/flasks/trinket that put me at 630k HP.

From my personal experience the only fight that might warrant a stam/mastery so far is Durumu. He hits pretty hard and you have to take 4-5 stacks of the healing debuff negating what you can do with EH/L30 so better to prevent the damage in the first place and clear stagger frequently.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.