Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Cleared Meg with the regular haste/crit build + 7.5% expertise with no problem (i502 at the time), only took us 3 attempts. Glyph Guard, spec Diffuse Magic, Save Fort Brew and Zen Sphere for flame head. Since 25m hit harder I usually run with some stam enchants/flasks/trinket that put me at 630k HP.

From my personal experience the only fight that might warrant a stam/mastery so far is Durumu. He hits pretty hard and you have to take 4-5 stacks of the healing debuff negating what you can do with EH/L30 so better to prevent the damage in the first place and clear stagger frequently.
    There is not a single fight in 10man normal where you need to focus on stam/mastery. I would venture to say the same for 25 man. You can stam flask, food all you want, that is fine, but gemming/reforging for mastery is not going to make or break you. Even in heroics this tier. When you get 2 piece, it will be even more of a joke to go mastery.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Have any brewmasters tanked Oondasta yet? He really rips tanks to bits. I glyphed guard, went with Dampen Harm to hopefully reduce two of the Frill Blasts along with a guard and also a Fortifying Brew and a guard for others. Zen med seemed to work well. However you mess up your cooldown rotation it's a one shot on tanks. It was a very messy kill with the boss being moved down the graveyard so we could get people back into the fight quickly. Tank damage seems overboard imo and the strat at the end was to just throw tanks at him until he died.

I'll probably use some stamina trinkets next time. Has anyone has any success with cooldown rotations on this boss?
    Last edited by Keeyla; 2013-03-09 at 10:29 PM.

Deleted
    Only had couple of goes on horridon, but was wondering something. On the 3rd door the mortal strike adds, does grabble weapon or ring of peace work to disarm them? I think stuns only work on the unlimited add-spawns. Can Xuen take 1 of them or do the taunts from him not work on those?

Yea derpette, most sorts of CC work on them. Grapple Wep the big guys are their dmg is almost negated. RoP does the same.. Remember casters this Expac have their spell dmg dependent on their wep dmg, so disarm them and the spells will hit for very little too.

Also, as awesome as RoP is, you can use it on your co tank if you arent tanking the adds yourself. (Works great if you have a DK Gorefiend's grip the add tank, and you RoP right after, and someone capacitor totem's it after that. Anyway jst some fun.

@Keeyler, if you're looking to solo tank it, you rly dont want to glyph guard, the thing hits like a menace physically. The frill blasts from what ive seen come every 30 seconds. You can Rotate Diffuse Magic -> Zen med -> avoid ala transcendence -> Diffuse Magic -> FB + External -> transcendence -> Diffuse Magic -> Zen Med -> etc. From when i saw it, Guard 9even unglyphed) absorbed frill dmg so.. you have that, with the metric ton of vengeance you get and t14 4set, your guards should absorb most if not all of it. It rly isn't too dangerous, its his physical dmg thats scary. Also, you can just run outta the way of the 3rd Frill blast, if you want.

Externals include Pain Supp, Life cocoon, Surv instincts (symbio), hand of Sac, hand of purity (yes it works) ironbark

This is all ofc if you want to tank the Frill blasts, they can be avoided if youre fast. You can also probs solo tank the guy, crush affects armor, and the maximum extra dmg we'll be taking (as BrMs) after a few hits is about 28%. Plus, Crush is easy cuz of Stagger + guard (its on a 30 sec CD)
    Last edited by Zonex; 2013-03-09 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Only had couple of goes on horridon, but was wondering something. On the 3rd door the mortal strike adds, does grabble weapon or ring of peace work to disarm them? I think stuns only work on the unlimited add-spawns. Can Xuen take 1 of them or do the taunts from him not work on those?
    I honestly did not even notice a mortal strike debuff. We had a paladin tank any myself, told paladin to solo tank horridon until the last phase clearing debuffs with bubble/hand of protection rotation.

I didn't take Xuen, I used rushing jade wind for higher aoe dps overall. Did have some issued picking up every single mob as soon as it spawned because the raid was so spread out things would just run after ranged because they dropped their loads all over adds as soon as they spawned.

I did take ring of peace, but the fight went so quickly, I honestly could not tell you if it had an impact.

I also took healing elixirs for the fight because I was not tanking Horridon until the last minute of the fight or so, trash doesn't hit hard enough to trigger dampen harm. Zen Sphere detonations were nice HPS boosts if you do get low, Not sure if you're taking this or not, I'd highly recommend it, as it has shown itself to be the best skill of the tier, performance wise.

I was really frustrated with the fact that Clash did not work on like 75% of the enemies in the arena, it really was a crapshoot which were immune and which it worked on. It made picking up the ones that ran to ranged immediately that much more difficult, as my raid fails at any kind of misdirections.

Deleted
    Cool, thanks for the tips, disarms ftw! We don't have a paladin tank so I take door 1 and 3. On 1 stuff isn't as hectic or hard to get aggro on everything, and on door 3 only 3 of the adds are actually tankeable (the others all fixate random players) so I'll stick with Xuen for some extra burst for those doors. Gonna test out healing sphere, thanks for the tip, should work well with triple puncture. For that reason probably best to stick with dampen harm as well. Gonna ignore clash as you said. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    @Keeyler, if you're looking to solo tank it, you rly dont want to glyph guard, the thing hits like a menace physically. The frill blasts from what ive seen come every 30 seconds. You can Rotate Diffuse Magic -> Zen med -> avoid ala transcendence -> Diffuse Magic -> FB + External -> transcendence -> Diffuse Magic -> Zen Med -> etc. From when i saw it, Guard 9even unglyphed) absorbed frill dmg so.. you have that, with the metric ton of vengeance you get and t14 4set, your guards should absorb most if not all of it. It rly isn't too dangerous, its his physical dmg thats scary. Also, you can just run outta the way of the 3rd Frill blast, if you want.

Externals include Pain Supp, Life cocoon, Surv instincts (symbio), hand of Sac, hand of purity (yes it works) ironbark

This is all ofc if you want to tank the Frill blasts, they can be avoided if youre fast. You can also probs solo tank the guy, crush affects armor, and the maximum extra dmg we'll be taking (as BrMs) after a few hits is about 28%. Plus, Crush is easy cuz of Stagger + guard (its on a 30 sec CD)
    Outside of Frill he didn't seem to hit too hard physically especially with the amount of healers you'll generally have. I would still glyph guard because in a 40 man raid the only thing you're gonna die to is Frill and the more damage you can mitigate the better. Especially when using Fortifying Brew and expecting an external which you won't always get.

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    I honestly did not even notice a mortal strike debuff. We had a paladin tank any myself, told paladin to solo tank horridon until the last phase clearing debuffs with bubble/hand of protection rotation.

I didn't take Xuen, I used rushing jade wind for higher aoe dps overall. Did have some issued picking up every single mob as soon as it spawned because the raid was so spread out things would just run after ranged because they dropped their loads all over adds as soon as they spawned.

I did take ring of peace, but the fight went so quickly, I honestly could not tell you if it had an impact.

I also took healing elixirs for the fight because I was not tanking Horridon until the last minute of the fight or so, trash doesn't hit hard enough to trigger dampen harm. Zen Sphere detonations were nice HPS boosts if you do get low, Not sure if you're taking this or not, I'd highly recommend it, as it has shown itself to be the best skill of the tier, performance wise.

I was really frustrated with the fact that Clash did not work on like 75% of the enemies in the arena, it really was a crapshoot which were immune and which it worked on. It made picking up the ones that ran to ranged immediately that much more difficult, as my raid fails at any kind of misdirections.
    Clash is a joke. I don't even have it as a keybind or on my bars because it doesn't work on so much stuff, it just isn't worth it.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

I am new to this forum. Can anyone tell me haste and crit cap? Mine is at 1764 haste rating. Crit at 29%.
    I still have not raided as Velen is not that competitive compared to other server. expertise at 11.24%. It seems general consensus is that expertise cap is not necessary. So that leaves us to focusing on haste vs crit.
    Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeyla View Post
    Outside of Frill he didn't seem to hit too hard physically especially with the amount of healers you'll generally have. I would still glyph guard because in a 40 man raid the only thing you're gonna die to is Frill and the more damage you can mitigate the better. Especially when using Fortifying Brew and expecting an external which you won't always get.
    I'm only going by the dungeon journal here, but isn't Frill Blast something that can be avoided? Or is it an instant cast thing? The wording in the journal seems to suggest you could be standing right under him, then duck behind him while casting Frill Blast.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brucemighty View Post
    I am new to this forum. Can anyone tell me haste and crit cap? Mine is at 1764 haste rating. Crit at 29%.
    I still have not raided as Velen is not that competitive compared to other server. expertise at 11.24%. It seems general consensus is that expertise cap is not necessary. So that leaves us to focusing on haste vs crit.
    Am I missing something?
    You do indeed want to be stacking haste and crit. Expertise and hit, while nice, aren't necessary, and mastery is just not required beyond progression content.

That said, there's no hard caps for either of them. Or well, technically there is for crit, but you'll never hit it so it's irrelevant. For haste, the 'cap' is essentially a point where you feel you don't need any more of it. This amount changes per person, and is dependent on Shuffle uptime: do you have enough haste so you can keep Shuffle up 100% while Purifying as much as you need to? If yes, you have enough haste, go stack crit.

Deleted
    Had a go at Oondasta last night before the 160 people there crashed the World Server. Tanking him is fine --- in fact he barely tickles --- until the Frill Blast. I could survive one with FB up, another with Dampen Harm, then Zen; I didn't get any heals beside my Zen Sphere and Expel Harm though, so I died because of that.

btw... my server is quite...noobie. We had every level 90 we could find on the isle - there were like 10 left in total in the cities. So it was just a big zerg, with some numpty pulling before each group was ready every damn time. Did get him to 9% before we crashed though.

Going back to Horridon tonight - any last minute tips? For me tanking, and for the group generally as I got Raid Leader at last minute before 5.2 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucemighty View Post
    Am I missing something?
    We go for a tonne of haste to ensure we have enough energy to maintain 100% uptime on Shuffle and hopefully use Guard off of every cooldown. Crit gives you Elusive Brew stacks, and the more of those you can get the better. Missing is annoying, but not going to get you killed as quick as being resource-drained. Everyone has different levels of haste depending on what they fing comfortable and it is affected by whether you opt for Power Strikes or Ascension as well - myself, I have 5500~ haste at the moment, with 7.5% hit/exp and 5000 crit - mastery down to 1500.
    Last edited by mmocd88858e1a5; 2013-03-10 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Had a go at Oondasta last night before the 160 people there crashed the World Server. Tanking him is fine --- in fact he barely tickles --- until the Frill Blast. I could survive one with FB up, another with Dampen Harm, then Zen; I didn't get any heals beside my Zen Sphere and Expel Harm though, so I died because of that.

btw... my server is quite...noobie. We had every level 90 we could find on the isle - there were like 10 left in total in the cities. So it was just a big zerg, with some numpty pulling before each group was ready every damn time. Did get him to 9% before we crashed though.

Going back to Horridon tonight - any last minute tips? For me tanking, and for the group generally as I got Raid Leader at last minute before 5.2 hit.

We go for a tonne of haste to ensure we have enough energy to maintain 100% uptime on Shuffle and hopefully use Guard off of every cooldown. Crit gives you Elusive Brew stacks, and the more of those you can get the better. Missing is annoying, but not going to get you killed as quick as being resource-drained. Everyone has different levels of haste depending on what they fing comfortable and it is affected by whether you opt for Power Strikes or Ascension as well - myself, I have 5500~ haste at the moment, with 7.5% hit/exp and 5000 crit - mastery down to 1500.
    REMEMBER your detox on gate 2&3, it's so op as tank to help the healers with dispel, and remember to move your statue if the range doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post

Going back to Horridon tonight - any last minute tips? For me tanking, and for the group generally as I got Raid Leader at last minute .
    As a brewmaster make sure to detox alot during second and third gate, use xuen to tank one of the bigger adds. Make sure to tank thw boss abit out from the doors so the raid got room to move. Also dont forget grapple weapon and ring of peace.

As a raid leader during te second gate leave interrupters on the two venom priest even when the dinomancer spawn and only take the dinomancer to 50 so it drops the the orb then finish of the priests. Use hero on the third gate and pot+cd to kill the big ones, use army aswell if you got it.
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    Been away from monk tanking for awhile (had a long break and stuff) so i assume some of the values had changed a bit, read through some of the comment but just wanna clear up some stuff before I start tanking etc

Hit and expertise caps = Obviously the hit cap but expertise... I always liked going to the hard cap for the extra dps and the knowledge that when you press your moves you know you'll have the chi but has it changed so that you do more dps with it refroged into crit or haste and having your expertise at the soft cap? My question really is.. is it still a personal preference or is it not really worth it anymore?

Haste / crit = I have read that haste is now down to preference, will most likely go to around 4.5k then I should be going into crit correct?

DW/ 2h = Is it still exactly the same and down to preference (the way EB is gained) or has something changed?

Last but not least a question about a trinket, currently have Hawkmaster's Talon and Relic of Xuen, recently got Terror in the Mists from LFR, Im thinking I should replace my Relic of Xuen with it?

Deleted
    How big of an upgrade would you drop the T14 4-set bonus for? Obviously the T15 set-bonuses are very good, but would you drop it for a straight up ilvl upgrade without T15 bonuses?

Right now I could get a combined 23 ilvl upgrade by changing 2 T14 pieces. OTOH 20% guard on myself and the raid is very good. Assuming that's not big enough of an upgrade, at what upgrade level would it be enough? I'm doing 10-man, so T15 tier tokens may not be available very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Been away from monk tanking for awhile (had a long break and stuff) so i assume some of the values had changed a bit, read through some of the comment but just wanna clear up some stuff before I start tanking etc
    'kay.

Hit and expertise caps = Obviously the hit cap but expertise... I always liked going to the hard cap for the extra dps and the knowledge that when you press your moves you know you'll have the chi but has it changed so that you do more dps with it refroged into crit or haste and having your expertise at the soft cap? My question really is.. is it still a personal preference or is it not really worth it anymore?
    Nothing's really changed mathmatically, but the general consensus is use as little as you feel comfortable with using so as to put those points into more powerful stats.

Haste / crit = I have read that haste is now down to preference, will most likely go to around 4.5k then I should be going into crit correct?
    Mhm.

DW/ 2h = Is it still exactly the same and down to preference (the way EB is gained) or has something changed?
    DW is slightly better but either is viable. Taking a look at the weapons in this tier I think DW's going to be BiS again.

Last but not least a question about a trinket, currently have Hawkmaster's Talon and Relic of Xuen, recently got Terror in the Mists from LFR, Im thinking I should replace my Relic of Xuen with it?
    Hawkmaster's the worst of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    How big of an upgrade would you drop the T14 4-set bonus for? Obviously the T15 set-bonuses are very good, but would you drop it for a straight up ilvl upgrade without T15 bonuses?

Right now I could get a combined 23 ilvl upgrade by changing 2 T14 pieces. OTOH 20% guard on myself and the raid is very good. Assuming that's not big enough of an upgrade, at what upgrade level would it be enough? I'm doing 10-man, so T15 tier tokens may not be available very quickly.
    You'd have to do a lot of math to figure out exactly what the difference would be without going into the field and testing it. I don't have the ability to do such, so that's really my advice.

I know that in previous tiers for most specs it was generally a good idea to wait until you could have two two-piece sets, but with the ilvl differences in Mists of Pandaria that might change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    'kay.

Nothing's really changed mathmatically, but the general consensus is use as little as you feel comfortable with using so as to put those points into more powerful stats.

Mhm.

DW is slightly better but either is viable. Taking a look at the weapons in this tier I think DW's going to be BiS again.

Hawkmaster's the worst of the three.

You'd have to do a lot of math to figure out exactly what the difference would be without going into the field and testing it. I don't have the ability to do such, so that's really my advice.

I know that in previous tiers for most specs it was generally a good idea to wait until you could have two two-piece sets, but with the ilvl differences in Mists of Pandaria that might change.
    Thank you for answering my questions kind sir

Oh Brewmaster how i have missed thee

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    There is not a single fight in 10man normal where you need to focus on stam/mastery. I would venture to say the same for 25 man. You can stam flask, food all you want, that is fine, but gemming/reforging for mastery is not going to make or break you. Even in heroics this tier. When you get 2 piece, it will be even more of a joke to go mastery.
    It's a shame because mastery stacking could be interesting? There was some person who was toying around (and posted the numbers on the Brewmaster tank thread on the battle.net forums) with the Rune of Re-Origination with mastery being the highest stat for the proc usage and it seemed different and/or interesting enough to look into.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    From my personal experience the only fight that might warrant a stam/mastery so far is Durumu. He hits pretty hard and you have to take 4-5 stacks of the healing debuff negating what you can do with EH/L30 so better to prevent the damage in the first place and clear stagger frequently.
    we killed dumuru tonight, i solo tanked it with my haste/crit stuff (except for 1 trinket (the stamina shadopan one) + stam flask) and got 1st rank on wol

Deleted
    Got the Shado-pan trinket today after dinging friendly from one of the summon quests; amazingly good, even for the hit it gave me. Allowing me to run 6k on Haste/Crit with Hit and Exp at 2550 at ilvl 494. Anyway, back at Horridon I found tanking much easier once I started purifying after every Triple Puncture and running glyphed Guard with Zen Sphere up all the time; got my damage taken down to between 34-38k DPS, inline with the other tank AND was pumping out a solid 95k DPS of my own. Saving Xuen for after a switch so he can go vengeance filled and furious on the next troll tribe was very effective.

Edit: Oh yeah, and 10k HPS on my part too
    Last edited by mmocd88858e1a5; 2013-03-11 at 11:16 AM.