Very cool. I probably won't see the fight until going back in late 5.4, but I love hearing about it.

I've never tanked with another Brewmaster so I'm wondering about raid Guards with two Brewmasters, can someone have a guard from each monk at the same time or would they overwrite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoranar View Post
    Agree with everything. I was the other BrM. The ability to soak every decap and the AOE damage on adds made up for the lack of raid CDs. Even undergeared (523), I felt the Monk performed very well.
    Have to say Lei Shen is a really fun fight though maybe I just like it cause BrM are so awesome in it, hopefully get to heroic version when it's still relevant. Since first Decap comes for me when we are moving him between pillar's I'm sure I get a few chuckles from the guild as the floating green panda ball floats behind him for a little bit.

I'm seeing more and more guilds realize how nice a GOOD BrM is to have in a raid as they are all running or looking for one to tank. Most of the top guilds on my server run with a Monk though think only 3-4 others have me beat in iLevel currently.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Hilariously easy fight as a BrM. The only dangerous parts is when the raid doesnt know not to stack too hard for ball lightnning and the nature dmg goes through the roof. Everything else is cake about it

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Very cool. I probably won't see the fight until going back in late 5.4, but I love hearing about it.

I've never tanked with another Brewmaster so I'm wondering about raid Guards with two Brewmasters, can someone have a guard from each monk at the same time or would they overwrite?
    They do stack. Our paladin healer (who had the least health), was consistently getting both of our guards.

How is a Brm able to soak each decap?

~2.5 million damage -> [60% stagger] -> 1 million damage -> [500k guard] -> 500k decapitate, somewhat unpredictable.
    ~2.5 million damage -> [60% stagger] -> 1 million damage -> [dampen harm] -> 500k decapitate, more reliable.
    ~2.5 million damage -> [20% redux - fort brew] -> 2 million damage -> [80% stagger] -> 400k decapitate, getting pretty weak.
    ~2.5 million damage -> [20% redux - fort brew] -> 2 million damage -> [92% stagger - cancelaura elusive brew] -> 160k decapitate, lolable, won't even proc dampen harm.

I went with option #4 as we just tank the boss with decapitate debuff active (100% more damage) to cheese vengeance so fort brew isn't wasted.

There are 3 decaps in phase 1. Paladin vengeance cheeses #1, I vengeance cheese #2, then I taunt and zen med #3 for another 300k vengeance cheese.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-04-27 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    Congrats Gynshon!

Happy to hear that some guilds double monked it, our class is getting more and more in a even more better tankposition!

With 5.3 when pallys battlehealer gets nerfed we will close up a litte more.

Öhhhm yeah, gratz on Ra-Den too! Stalked your Armory and have seen it! how long did u need to take him down?
    Last edited by mmoca26df18731; 2013-04-27 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoqt View Post
    Congrats Gynshon!

Happy to hear that some guilds double monked it, our class is getting more and more in a even more better tankposition!

With 5.3 when pallys battlehealer gets nerfed we will close up a litte more.

Öhhhm yeah, gratz on Ra-Den too! Stalked your Armory and have seen it! how long did u need to take him down?
    Thanks!!!

We did it in 20 total pulls, but the 1st 5 or so was figuring out specific placement versus real attempts. Then we had some dps issues for the next couple, then it was just working on cd rotation. Overall, it was pretty much of a letdown after the clusterf^&W of Lei Shen. But we set our goals as finishing US 1st 10m, and we did that, plus finished world 10th 10m, and 18th overall. Not too shabby.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Great job, hope we can get there in the next few weeks aswell... 3 to go till Lei Shen...

Ra-Den in the first reset of attempts, thats impressive. Glad you guys finished so strong - you earned it. Your assistance on these forums as well as in PMs is always appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    Ra-Den in the first reset of attempts, thats impressive. Glad you guys finished so strong - you earned it. Your assistance on these forums as well as in PMs is always appreciated!
    Thank you for the kind words sleepness. In all honesty, I don't really consider Ra-den impressive since there were two videos out with the basic strat already and the boss is underwhelming in the end. The damage at the end of the fight is pretty intense though on a Brewmaster in 10h where I was getting hit for 500k+ a melee swing every 1.5s with a 60% stagger without 2pc proc, and 72% with.

The tier was the 2nd best overall IMHO next to Ulduar, and while some fights I thought at the time were slightly overtuned, usually one week of gear overcame it with ease the following week so it was pretty well done until Ra-den.

I will probably write up a blog about each fight this tier, my impressions, tactics, tricks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post

I will probably write up a blog about each fight this tier, my impressions, tactics, tricks, etc.
    Please do

Deleted
    That would be great! A Blog about your progression through the tier would be very nice!

Deleted
    I love this guide, it's helped me get into Brewmaster but I've been reading other places and I'm completely confused about stat priority at the moment. I'm just starting out really, aiming for LFRs and then maybe more after. I'd love to read through 160 odd pages but it's a minefield Any pokes in the right direction for stats would be ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleh View Post
    I love this guide, it's helped me get into Brewmaster but I've been reading other places and I'm completely confused about stat priority at the moment. I'm just starting out really, aiming for LFRs and then maybe more after. I'd love to read through 160 odd pages but it's a minefield Any pokes in the right direction for stats would be ace.
    How important is it to you that your attacks aren't dodged/parried?

Decide that and then you can pick how much hit/expertise you want. Most people agree that you should get at least hit cap and some expertise. I prefer capping hit and hardcapping (15%) expertise.

For casual stuff like LFR or even 10 man heroics I think you should stack crit rating and gems and use agility enchants and meta gem.

The most important thing is to play well, keep shuffle up, purify when you need to and use elusive brew and other cooldowns intelligently. Practice a lot and find out what works best for you

Deleted
    Hey guys, with guard, should i be using it on CD or using it to mitigate large amounts of damage; Talon Rake or horidons thing for example?

thanks

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Hey guys, with guard, should i be using it on CD or using it to mitigate large amounts of damage; Talon Rake or horidons thing for example?

thanks

Doc
    All depends on the fight and how lazy you want/not want to be. Guard is great for those hard hitting moments like Talon Rake, Magaera breaths, etc etc. Otherwise it is also good for just standard melee swings during a time where your healers may be focusing on something else for a few seconds.

All depends on the fight and how lazy you want/not want to be. Guard is great for those hard hitting moments like Talon Rake, Magaera breaths, etc etc. Otherwise it is also good for just standard melee swings during a time where your healers may be focusing on something else for a few seconds.
    Just make sure to use it at appropriate times according to vengeance. Guarding on a tank swap may seem like a good idea to give your healers time to switch, but waiting a few swings for vengeance before guarding will double its effectiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a magician? Because that is one great illusion.
    CONFIRMED EXISTENCE!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emogu/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    CONFIRMED EXISTENCE!
    Pfft... Try running with 2x hunters and a feral druid in a 10 man - 4 agility users for rings/trinkets/etc , I usually pass on it all for the DPS as seem as their contribution is generally worth more, or at least 100% during a fight where some fights you're not always tanking something, so your damage output isn't going to be that high, and if it procs while you're not tanking it's a waste.

Not to mention that some items just don't drop ever.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-04-28 at 05:16 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|