Quote Originally Posted by NRL1515 View Post
    I tried poking around the BM topics/forum to see if there was any consensus on this matter, but I couldn't find anything substantial.

Is there a legendary meta gem that is our 'Go to' gem? My understanding is that the capacitive one is nice, but doesn't improve our crit as much as it should (or as much as we'd like it to), and that the agile regular one is better. I took the damage reduction once last night (stuck with a 496 helm, /sadpanda) but I wonder if people are going to grab both and switch in and out depending on the fight. Is there anyone that could shed some light on this or provide some direction?

Thanks.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aster-Meta-Gem

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did a few LFRs with RoR equipped and I actually kinda like the trinket for tanking. Since I'm only doing 10H at least. You can def. tell when it procs because your haste just goes into the shitter, but it's still enough energy to keep shuffle up and all that. Not to mention it adds like 14k crit to my total to lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Did a few LFRs with RoR equipped and I actually kinda like the trinket for tanking. Since I'm only doing 10H at least. You can def. tell when it procs because your haste just goes into the shitter, but it's still enough energy to keep shuffle up and all that. Not to mention it adds like 14k crit to my total to lol.
    I can get behind the Crit approach for the RoR a lot more than the Mastery version. Having a pure mitigation related proc that you can't time seems like it would help smooth out your over all damage taken but you can't count on it for those timed event (Triple Punc, Talon Rake, etc) and when your not tanking all it's doing is gobbling up your DPS stats.

I guess in 25mH you could be looking to get every ounce of mitigation/damage smoothing as possible but just seems really clunky and inefficient in general.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    I have a pretty low ilvl and bad gear on my monk, but the moment when you reach 8k+ crit you really start noticing that DPS scaling. Was running a few guildies through HoF normal today and the increase in DPS was very noticeable.

I hope our scaling does get changed somewhat but not nerfed. Perhaps new abilities or how our current ones work for us to get a bigger substantial benefit from haste, because at the moment I don't see myself actively gearing for haste unless its passively through better gear.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I can get behind the Crit approach for the RoR a lot more than the Mastery version. Having a pure mitigation related proc that you can't time seems like it would help smooth out your over all damage taken but you can't count on it for those timed event (Triple Punc, Talon Rake, etc) and when your not tanking all it's doing is gobbling up your DPS stats.

I guess in 25mH you could be looking to get every ounce of mitigation/damage smoothing as possible but just seems really clunky and inefficient in general.
    I could see it for 25H yea, but I'm in 10H so it's not that much of an issue. It is nice seeing 25k crit though when it procs XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    I hope our scaling does get changed somewhat but not nerfed. Perhaps new abilities or how our current ones work for us to get a bigger substantial benefit from haste, because at the moment I don't see myself actively gearing for haste unless its passively through better gear.
    I don't really expect any major changes there why mess with something that is working when they still haven't got WW and MW quite right? Plus you factor in that the spread of Haste levels is all over the board if you look at all lvl 90 BrM's it's probably not something they will get solid numbers on. If anything maybe continue to try to make Mastery more appealing to the general audience.

Plus all spec's still suffer from a limited to know raid CD issue, always laugh when the Monk section from a comparebot parse says "Nothing to Report". If they want to bless me with crazy DPS in return I'm all for it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually got a 1H weapon last night, one finally dropped. Just need another one now to go DW finally.

I don't really expect any major changes there why mess with something that is working when they still haven't got WW and MW quite right? Plus you factor in that the spread of Haste levels is all over the board if you look at all lvl 90 BrM's it's probably not something they will get solid numbers on. If anything maybe continue to try to make Mastery more appealing to the general audience.

Plus all spec's still suffer from a limited to know raid CD issue, always laugh when the Monk section from a comparebot parse says "Nothing to Report". If they want to bless me with crazy DPS in return I'm all for it.
    What about Avert Harm?

But seriously, folks. Messing around on normal Megaera last night, I specced chi torpedo, celerity and chi burst to tank the fight. During every rampage, I was able to drop about 250k raid heals on the group, which is more healing than the 6 seconds of smoke bomb mitigates in damage and is available every cooldown. Of course, it's the only fight in the tier where that is a viable option.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qy...s=9752&e=10418

Had complaints about me getting wrecked on H Horridon. Trying to figure out why since my shuffle uptime is 98%, eb is 82%, etc. Guess it could of been a fuck up when kiting the dire horn, but I don't recall me getting one on the kill so I'm at a lost.

Guess it could just be my health pool and all. The healers did mention they were used to having 2 prot paladins instead of a monk and paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qy...s=9752&e=10418

Had complaints about me getting wrecked on H Horridon. Trying to figure out why since my shuffle uptime is 98%, eb is 82%, etc.
    Just as a correction the log you linked had 93% shuffle and 34% EB, don't forget EB is listed in the buffs section 2x. DH was only 4x on an 11min fight so that is low.

I assume your swapping at the doors on Horridon? We are currently working with our Bear taking Boss all P1 and I get the "pleasure" of clearing all 4 doors.
    [/URL]

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have a prot pally, so no, he's on boss full time. Still doesn't explain why they were thinking I was getted raped and all, well kinda does lol.

And forgot about EB being up there twice. And I believe most of the DH uses were when I was on the boss but I forget sometimes lol.

I assume your swapping at the doors on Horridon? We are currently working with our Bear taking Boss all P1 and I get the "pleasure" of clearing all 4 doors.
    (Looking at the kill...)

No, it listed him having taken 5 Triple Punctures, really speaking nothing hits hard enough to proc it (excluding horridon and war god) so as he didn't take the boss during the door transition, he wouldn't have really gotten much usage out of it.

Doesn't say that you got hurt by the direhorn.

You should probably go with DH @ 3rd triple puncture, Fortifying brew @ 4th, Zen meditiation @ 6th then tank swap.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was having issues with the 2nd triple puncture =/.

Novice question: I'm leveling a BM and on occasion I see my guard "light up", as if something is causing it to proc. I'm pretty sure its not the buff from Tiger Palm. Thanks in advance.

I swear there is nothing sweeter in this game than 1 shotting Lei Shen the next week after first kill, and 4 shot Ra-den.

Just had to get that out because those bosses are so meh with RNG and people can easily make 1 mistake and wipe.
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-05-02 at 04:44 AM.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Novice question: I'm leveling a BM and on occasion I see my guard "light up", as if something is causing it to proc. I'm pretty sure its not the buff from Tiger Palm. Thanks in advance.
    It's Power Guard. The button lights up to tell you you've buffed it, and it is indeed from Tiger Palm (just not the armor penetration buff). Unfortunately the lighting up is a relic from when we had to stack it up 3 times, and the lighting up was a useful thing to tell us it was at max stacks. Nowadays it's just kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I swear there is nothing sweeter in this game than 1 shotting Lei Shen the next week after first kill, and 4 shot Ra-den.

Just had to get that out because those bosses are so meh with RNG and people can easily make 1 mistake and wipe.
    As much as I respect you as a valuable member of the community and congrats on your kills. This post really doesn't belong here and sounds kinda gloaty. Anyway continue to provide me valuable informations so I may eat it.

What is more pleasant is to get the 541 Lei Shen 2H, Twin bracers and Ra-Den legs heh ? ;p

Weeks of NM clean and still no weapon, rings, 4th set piece, belt for me. Hate you !

10+ Year Old Account

Meanwhile, in my guild, we wiped on H Jin'rokh 20 times after we had already killed it because my guild is terrible at fights that involve any sort of hectic "dodging stuff" mechanic while we excel on fights that are non-rng coordination. Needless to say, Alysrazor in FL and Bladelord were both annoying fights in progression.

I feel bad for everyone else during the Storm phase because I just pop Zen Med and afk for 15 seconds.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

i just helped an old woman across the street. +5 light points...wait.....
    13/13

Monk