10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    It may be lazy for it's also really effective. Why make the fight harder on yourself if you don't need to?
    I'd say a 5-10 second taunt swap is much easier on all players involved than a 15 second stun, considering it is probably the least demanding tank swap in the entire instance, but to each their own.

507 ilvl and my gear is full of blue gem sockets, holy fuck. I cant even take less hit chance.
    What I should go on this sockets to solve my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    507 ilvl and my gear is full of blue gem sockets, holy fuck. I cant even take less hit chance.
    What I should go on this sockets to solve my problem?
    Either skip the socket bonus and go full crit gem or if it's a bonus worth getting go crit/stam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Either skip the socket bonus and go full crit gem or if it's a bonus worth getting go crit/stam.
    Today i dropped some crit itens and kept them. Had been using mastery/haste, should i focus errrrrrrything in crit? Im a 10man player, and want to know even with the recommendation, mastery is a bad status for 10m palyers?
    Last edited by Aminance; 2013-05-31 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    Today i dropped some crit itens and kept them. Had been using mastery/haste, should i focus errrrrrrything in crit? Im a 10man player, and want to know even with the recommendation, mastery is a bad status for 10m palyers?
    Mastery is for reducing physical burst damage, and generally speaking you won't get bursted down by physical damage in 10 mans. Or rather, there won't be any unpredictable burst damage. If it's predictable you can just have a Guard ready for it.

Horridon Heroic

An important factor in tanking 25H horridon (applies to 10H as well) is that the casts will put horridon's swing timer on hold. Particularly referring to the Double Strike he casts. After Jalak is killed this is very critical to pay attention to. If he times his double strikes correctly he will come out of the double strike and immediately do a Triple Puncture and a melee swing. This can (and usually is) what kills you.

To survive this (and indeed last phase of the fight in general) a few things can be done. Assuming you are using 2 tanks and not solo tanking:
    1. Spend the first part of the fight (boss/door adds) building up shuffle duration. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't cast PB, just that you should not strive to maintain low shuffle time remaining and allow it to grow.
    2. Make sure that you reset your stacks at least before beginning the phase with jalak. Personally I tank the adds on door 2 and 4 so that I can take horridon for the remainder of the fight.
    3. Be prepared for the fact that the second jalak dies you will be hit very hard. My current build is a crit build so I simply ensure that i have both staggering (2pc) and elusive brew up as jalak dies so that I will either avoid or blunt the first attack.
    4. Use a minor CD (at least EB) after each double strike to help avoid getting gibbed. Guard should be enough on its own, EB enough when coupled with staggering (2pc). As the fight goes on and your stacks get higher start throwing stronger CDs.
    5. Watch the timers. Dire Call and a melee swing is just as threatening as puncture and a swing. be prepared
    6. Dump the shuffle uptime (while not allowing it to fall obviously) during this phase on purifying brew.

All the advice i can give. With two tanks u have a backup in case you do die towards the end but it can be done. 3 weeks or so ago I reached 13 stacks before we got horridon down. If you are still struggling, Mastery has good potential on this fight, though given a high skill level crit builds will easily outperform any mastery build here.

Best of luck!

Last night we had quite a few tries on hc iron qon. We shall probably down him on monday but if you'd have any suggestions, here is the link to out logs http://worldoflogs.com/reports/y6xvslgyww5qjiat/ and this being the longest try: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/y6xvs...=12602&e=13128

Thanks in advance.

I took a quick glance - at work still =O.

Biggest thing I would suggest would be to kill roshak (fire dude) first in the last phase. Damren is frustrating as hell but is the lowest priority because enrage shouldnt be a problem. Roshak does lots of damage (check the deaths overview lots of them include his damage).

After dropping Roshak, dam'ren should fall soon afterwards (will be low because of cleave as he has the lowest health of the three), followed by quez. Don't stack up until after all of the lightning is off the raid or you will die to raid dmg. Have people use strong personals during the smashes until they can stack. Tranqs and other healing output spells are good while the raid is forced to be spread, as is demo rally. Save smoke bombs and other clump reduction spells untill after the stack.

One note on avert harm for the final couple fist smashes. I have been able to avert in 25h without dying during a fist smash, but gotta start topped off and have 3 chi to spend. Avert followed instanly by zen med for the channel or until it seems like to much then use /cancelaura zen med /cast guard and pb to save urself. Use a similar building shuffle strategy that I mentioned for horridon above and dump your chi on PB during the very last phase as the bosses stacks get higher.

Good luck!

we killed him for the first time last night on the first attempt for the night. the one thing i did differently was gear windwalker-ish and used my LFR RoR (mastery proc). It did proc at a peak of 2-3 dogs there - dropped my dps a bit, but probably helped a lot. although it was also the first time we went 3 healers. the pally died before the last BoP though so impale stacked up a fair bit at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello I have a little problem. I'm trying to solo tank Megera 10H and was getting to around 6th head with no failure and then dieing. Sometimes it was because I had to many green stacks and Im sad to say sometimes it was about me not having a CD. Was really trying to follow this rotation... Found it on a pally tanking site and subbed in my own CDs. Please tell me if this would work for the whole fight. My raid leader and officers think when I die its because Im not playing right and they may be the case sometimes but others I just feel monks should not 1 tank this at all. We kill heads pretty normally and my cooldown rotation looks like

PainSup
    Guard (with agi pot procs and vengence up)
    Diffuse magic
    Shieldwall + Guard
    Zen Med
    Guard + Symbios CD
    Painsup
    Diffuse
    Guard
    Shield wall (fort Brew)
    Zen Med
    Guard
    Pain sup
    guard and anything else as this is the last one

Few questions should we try our 2nd tank coming back tomorrow. Should I go for bit more haste not finding crit stacks to good and having more haste for spamming EH. And is this CD rotation good, was worried about JUST guards in some places so any tips for changing it would be great
    Last edited by Dirtdogs; 2013-06-01 at 05:43 AM. Reason: added more information

Kill order being what?

I am not familiar with 10H but on 25H we never kill the green head, forcing me to save my strongest CDs for the last green head (shield wall). Pretty different fight on 25 man though, not sure it would be doable solo.

The experience I have says take magic guard and diffuse. A few things can help out though. With magic guard and diffuse my rotation looks like:

guard
    diffuse
    guard
    X
    guard
    diffuse
    guard
    X
    and repeating.

Diffuse is obviously strong enough on its own for any breath
    Shieldwall is generally strong enough on its own coupled with some good self healing
    Zen Med is strong enough on its own
    Painsup is fairly weak, but should do the job with good self healing
    symbiosis is also fairly weak but should do the job with good self healing

The important thing here is "good self healing"

With high vengeance the gotox orbs you spawn are a life saver from ticks of the breath. Another little trick is dropping some healing spheres to move into during the breath (the heal for more than even expel sometimes).

helpful? dunno much about 10 man
    Last edited by eirote; 2013-06-01 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eirote View Post
    Kill order being what?

I am not familiar with 10H but on 25H we never kill the green head, forcing me to save my strongest CDs for the last green head (shield wall). Pretty different fight on 25 man though, not sure it would be doable solo.
    B>R>P>B>R>P>last one being Blue
    So yes we never kill green and Hero on the last rampage
    Try to line up green stacks to reset.

In that cast another trick I can give is to adjust the order so that u have your strongest magic CDs at the end for the last breath with fire. The ticks are a major killer there. Purple is also a major killer so healers need to put some time into you with the reduced healing recieved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was trying to line diffuse up for the big hitters Ill look about moving it around a bit =D. I was finding a problem with how green when it was further away would go off at diffrent time than the red or purple did and the diffuse could fall off when the green just started. Was trying to delay it for being used on both and that helped a bit.

We have not solo tanked it, so this is just theory and speculation but here is my take on it.

Guard is up for every other breath, so it should always be used either every odd, or every even. The real key to solo tanking it is to make sure you kill the head just before you get the next breath, so your stacks have a chance to fall off before tanking again. If the stacks refresh, you are in for a world of hurt.

Personally I would use guard on every even. 2,4,6,8,10,etc. Easy to keep track of and at the beginning for 1st breath there is nothing else going on so healing isn't an issue. It also allows for a solid guard due to vengeance build up where rampage will let it fall down to minimal values. With that setup, if your DPS are good, you shouldn't be getting 3rd breaths ever, and this will cover you during the tough parts. Out of a fiery where stacks are ticking and incoming next breath dmg where you will have a major: Diffuse, Fort, Pain Sup, etc.
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-06-01 at 06:20 AM.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we never have a 3rd breath, ill start using guards more on CD I was trying to rotate them every other in my rotation unless saving it for a big one.
    Most part was dieing to fire where all I had was a Zen Med then guard so will rotate them around because Zen med isn't the best with the minimal stacks it has and guard breaks easy on super high damage. When I made rotation only got to watching a video and topic about pally doing it and tried plugging in things that didn't work on few specific heads.

Me and a few of my guildies finished up all the challenge modes on gold a while ago and are wanting to get back into them. This time around I'll be tanking and I chose to use my monk. I've tanked all of t14 and some of t15 (I used him for my guilds second group for a while), so I've got an idea on how to tank as a Brewmaster. What I'm trying to get at is, how should my reforge look like, and possible any tips for tanking challenge modes. Any help is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceb0xhero View Post
    Me and a few of my guildies finished up all the challenge modes on gold a while ago and are wanting to get back into them. This time around I'll be tanking and I chose to use my monk. I've tanked all of t14 and some of t15 (I used him for my guilds second group for a while), so I've got an idea on how to tank as a Brewmaster. What I'm trying to get at is, how should my reforge look like, and possible any tips for tanking challenge modes. Any help is much appreciated.
    I just used my regular raiding gear. Didn't change a thing. In other words: hit/exp caps, enough haste, everything else into crit. Did the job.

As for specific tips:

1. Don't be afraid to roll away and start kiting using Dizzying Haze. Some pulls need that, and Monks can get bursted down more easily than other tank classes.

2. Use your Ox Statue on every pull. All trash, every boss. Your healer will thank you for it.

3. I personally used a stam flask/stam food to give me a bit of a cushion against burst damage. There were times when I went to VERY low HP, but was able to be healed up afterward. I'd like to think the extra HP from my stam food/flask saved my life, so I'd recommend those to you too.

4. Co-ordinate stuns. Leg Sweep is pro.

5. Summoning Xuen to off-tank a mob can really help.

Beyond that, just make sure you know the instances and how you're going to proceed through them. But then, as you got gold on a different char before, I'd say you already know them. Good luck; Brewmaster Monks are super good for challenge modes.

New monk tank question: In group pulls (dungeons etc) do you guys ALWAYS keep up blackout kick on AOE/ trash pulls? Why I ask is that while leveling, i could get away with letting shuffle fall off so I could sneak in a beath of fire, and would put back up shuffle next time my chi was up. Can i get away with this while pulling groups in dungeons or should I always keep up shuffle and depend on other non chi-consuming AOE attacks?

Thanks.

Shuffle is what makes monk tanks so good. Ignoring that, even on trash pulls is asking for trouble and gimping yourself as a player and class.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.