atm you cannot have both afaik.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Alright Madgod, a few additions, if you can call them that, bout the newly refurbished guide.

On the enchants section, for the cloak, just add in the possibility to put in 180 crit, as you only have 180 hit in there, at some pont we're swimming in so much hit, we rly dont want to enchant it when we can ench crit.

Also, for the Avert Harm, in the Spells section. You should put a little note down there, that it can work as a personal CD against magic damage. If you pop it before taking a magic damage strike, 20% of that will become staggered, and you can PB it off (effectively reducing the hit by 20%).

Other than that, looks complete. Maybe put in the link the BrM Weakauras thread at the bottom, most people who want to play BrM without becoming psychotic, need some form of buff tracking.
    Done, done, and it's already linked in the Addons section.

What the current situation on the legendary cloaks? Has it been figured out which one will benefit us more?

Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    What the current situation on the legendary cloaks? Has it been figured out which one will benefit us more?
    not entirely yet, we need more information on the DPS cloak.

Though one could assume that if you're doing challenging content where your death is more likely the tank cloak would be more appealing, wheras if you're just an LFR tank for example, the DPS cloak would probably be better.

Again though we still don't have all the pieces... it's still fairly early in the PTR cycle.

Deleted
    Hello Brewmasters

We're trying the Dark Animus Zerg tactic but unfortunately our BM Monk dies with 2 adds on him. We cast Cocoon on him and he pops his CD's but he gets almost 2 shot very quickly.

Looking for some advice.

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ueivxb4stts9wnr1/
    Dark Animus tries 1-8

Thanks!!

Looks like, from the first two tries at least, that he's not using cooldowns enough.

Second attempt he didn't even have shuffle on when he died.

EDIT: looking through this he doesn't seem to have any sort of cooldowns (personal or external) active when he dies.

Attempt 6: 0% shuffle uptime. Yeah that needs to be fixed.

On average he does have shuffle up (but it's low), he'll sometimes have elusive brew up at least once (it's not usually active when he dies), and he'll have 1 to 2 guards and 1 dampen harm. No other abilities active. I didn't see any externals other than Life Cocoon either, so that might be a part of it too.

You have one paladin who wasn't a tank. I would suggest getting them to use Sac on this guy. Would help a lot to mitigate the damage taken. Hell even get the tank to help out, maybe, if he's not taking too much damage.

Oh and if you read this before your next set of attempts, good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Looks like, from the first two tries at least, that he's not using cooldowns enough.

Second attempt he didn't even have shuffle on when he died.

EDIT: looking through this he doesn't seem to have any sort of cooldowns (personal or external) active when he dies.

Attempt 6: 0% shuffle uptime. Yeah that needs to be fixed.

On average he does have shuffle up (but it's low), he'll sometimes have elusive brew up at least once (it's not usually active when he dies), and he'll have 1 to 2 guards and 1 dampen harm. No other abilities active. I didn't see any externals other than Life Cocoon either, so that might be a part of it too.

You have one paladin who wasn't a tank. I would suggest getting them to use Sac on this guy. Would help a lot to mitigate the damage taken. Hell even get the tank to help out, maybe, if he's not taking too much damage.

Oh and if you read this before your next set of attempts, good luck!
    Many thanks for your assistance, will pass on your words of wisdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Also, for the Avert Harm, in the Spells section. You should put a little note down there, that it can work as a personal CD against magic damage. If you pop it before taking a magic damage strike, 20% of that will become staggered, and you can PB it off (effectively reducing the hit by 20%).
    Never considered that though I'm trying to think where exactly I would use that. H Meg maybe? Soaking Static Shock?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Anytime there isn't an effective time to use it as a raid cooldown would probably make it a personal cd type of thing (i.e. end of Ji-kun). BrM tanks will never get static shock but you can help someone soak it with that I spose.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Well from the PTR testing i did, siegecrafter seems to have some use for it. Korkron Dark Shaman weren't too bad either (either of them). You can also use it for Immerseus.

So far, it has quite a few uses in the next tier, but things are subject to change (/winkwink Korkron Dark Shaman) so you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    **EDIT**
    Granted I can't think of a "proc" doing weapon damage, so this could be a first. Also, if Blizzard want to shaft tanks with the dps part of the legendary, they just adjust the RPPM of the cloak to be stupid low for tanks.

**EDIT #2**
    The only thing I can find that would resemble this is Windfury, and Sword Specialization from TBC and Vanilla. Both of those abilities scale with the weapon damage on the weapon itself AND your AP.
    Thrash Blade, for example. But yeah, that's the same mechanism as Windfury and the old Sword Spec and Reckoning; they all cause your white swings to multi-hit. This new proc looks like it's not tied to the swing timer.

PTR notes:

"Brewmaster

Keg Smash now deals 18% less damage."

Looks like there was a Keg Smash change, just not the buff people assumed from datamining heh. Also no more Xuen taunting off tank spec players, which might hurt some soloing but is mostly a good thing for raids.

The datamined change was the 18% nerf, I thought that was pretty much common knowledge :X

I think the change is in relation to the 23% buff from before. So it's down to 5% buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    I think the change is in relation to the 23% buff from before. So it's down to 5% buff?
    No the 23% buff was only a buff cause they compared it to a outdated/wrong version of kegsmash...

It was a 18% nerf since the datamine (compared to live)

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    no more Xuen taunting off tank spec players, which might hurt some soloing but is mostly a good thing for raids.
    I hope the "no taunting" bit does not apply to the player who actually cast Xuen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    I hope the "no taunting" bit does not apply to the player who actually cast Xuen.
    I hope it does! Xuen taunting is a massive annoyance. Yes, him taunting can be useful in some situations, but overall if we have to go one way or the other I'd much prefer him to not taunt.

Of course, the ideal situation is to make this change then add a glyph that says 'Xuen will now taunt off of anyone, whilst in any spec', so Windwalkers and Mistweavers can get a useful tanking pet if they want to as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    The datamined change was the 18% nerf, I thought that was pretty much common knowledge :X
    That information didn't appear to make its way to these forums. If it was 'common knowledge', why didn't you share it with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    That information didn't appear to make its way to these forums. If it was 'common knowledge', why didn't you share it with us?
    Uh, my bad I guess...

I thought more people would be skeptical and test it out themselves.

Hooray for the Xuen change! 18% KS nerf is to be expected and I don't really have a problem with it. This and the taunt changes should help with the agro problem BrMs tend to have.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Hmm after doing Iron Juggernaut, i think im gonna enjoy the 4set. For heroic at least, his damage is easily handleable otherwise. With the mechanics as theyve been laid out on PTR, i can foresee the 4set being quite extraordinarily powerful. It basically makes PB an EH and I cant get enough of EH already. The obvious difference is EH gives chi and PB takes it, ill always use EB as a prio, but given the right circumstances (of which there will be many) 4set PB is gonna be fun to say the least.