10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    We lust right off the bat, bring all the bosses to the center and go ham on them lol.

Anyways, for those who have gotten the brewmaster on spoils, if you get him in the first room, is it guaranteed to be in the next room or do you have to go up and onto the other side to get the next one?
    It's just all random, I sometimes get BRM/MW > WW/MW or WW/MW > WW/MW or WW/MW > BRM/MW etc etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    Are you sure you're keeping shuffle up? Keg-Smash into BoK should be your priority, then you can start focusing on AoE. Also, leg sweep is your friend here. If you pull a lot of packs (an extra patrol for example) there is no shame in using Fortifying Brew for trash.
    I don't even have time for BoK. I use Keg Smash, get aggro of 3 mobs out of the pack and instantly die. Bosses are going good but trash is just a pain. When I survive the Keg Smash I usually use Tiger Palm so I can Guard myself right away for Expel Harm (because I got a lot of DMG) followed by BoK or Chi Wave.

On our monday raid (4h) we will be hitting on Garrosh. I've read guides and watched few movies (fatboss, warcraft academy and few brewmaster pov). I haven't experienced this boss aside 2 hectic pulls last night when 3/4 of the raid was not mentally prepared for it. Since we have only 1 raid for him, I'd like to ask for tips if you have any.

My questions would be: what set of talents would you suggest here? (healing elixirs or dampen harm?) What build do you run? (like what meta did you use for this fight and how much mastery do you have). Also if you'd have any specific cd/skill usage and certain moment I'd really appreciate for the info (and pointing out what might be the most problematic in this fight).

We raid 10 man and our team consists of: breamaster (me), blood dk, holy pala, disco priest (should we ask her to go holy?), resto shammy, ele shammy, shadow priest, warlock, hunter, mage and 2 unholy dks. If you'd have any suggestion about whom to bring (and whether go for 2 or 3 healers as I've seen both strategies) I'd be grateful.

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    I don't even have time for BoK. I use Keg Smash, get aggro of 3 mobs out of the pack and instantly die. Bosses are going good but trash is just a pain. When I survive the Keg Smash I usually use Tiger Palm so I can Guard myself right away for Expel Harm (because I got a lot of DMG) followed by BoK or Chi Wave.
    the mobs are all slowed, keg smash, take a step back, black out kick, then worry about other stuff. Get shuffle up first.

look at your death log, it's probably going to say mind spike or lava burst are what's doing most of the damage that kills you. spear hand strike them, clash them, leg sweep them. they should be dead by then. if they're not, get people to actually attack the casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    On our monday raid (4h) we will be hitting on Garrosh. I've read guides and watched few movies (fatboss, warcraft academy and few brewmaster pov). I haven't experienced this boss aside 2 hectic pulls last night when 3/4 of the raid was not mentally prepared for it. Since we have only 1 raid for him, I'd like to ask for tips if you have any.

My questions would be: what set of talents would you suggest here? (healing elixirs or dampen harm?) What build do you run? (like what meta did you use for this fight and how much mastery do you have). Also if you'd have any specific cd/skill usage and certain moment I'd really appreciate for the info (and pointing out what might be the most problematic in this fight).

We raid 10 man and our team consists of: breamaster (me), blood dk, holy pala, disco priest (should we ask her to go holy?), resto shammy, ele shammy, shadow priest, warlock, hunter, mage and 2 unholy dks. If you'd have any suggestion about whom to bring (and whether go for 2 or 3 healers as I've seen both strategies) I'd be grateful.

Thanks a lot
    I run with RoP (can disarm adds in p1, and interrupt MCs in p2, but not p3)/Healing Elixirs/Rushing Jade Wind and on my kill last night, I had (unbuffed) ~11.6k crit, 8.1k mastery, and a lot more haste than I need at ~8.8k. One thing to note is I believe Guard gives a ton of threat when adds spawn on the empowered whirling, so be careful with threat there if you're splitting them up. And in p3, my guild does something where I tank initially up to around 5-6 stacks, then my warrior taunts. He soaks the whirling with CDs and then I start kiting the adds around while the dps burn the boss. This way positioning isn't too screwed for MCs and all the dps can focus Garrosh down.
    Last edited by Artaius; 2013-09-27 at 06:00 PM.

Kiting might be ftw. May I ask do you raid 10 or 25?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with kiting I'd prefer not to but I did it on our first kill in 25.

Yeah, I just kite them too. :-( 25.

I do it in 10man, where it'd probably be easier to kill them than 25 man, but hey makes it easier on the dps.

After quite a few wipes in p3 due to adds, we just ended up kiting them in 25N. Much easier to kite them and burn the last 200m then to bother trying ot kill them separately.

Kiting the adds in the end was how we got our kill too. Killed him right before the second whirling corruption, but if we got it I'd just swing around and pick up anything that spawned and keep running a la tortos style. If you need a little help grabbing aggro just dip into a desecrated weapon and get to where your expel harm will get its full effect (doesn't take much you won't have a ton of vengence unless you're getting hit).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    After quite a few wipes in p3 due to adds, we just ended up kiting them in 25N. Much easier to kite them and burn the last 200m then to bother trying ot kill them separately.
    After trying a bunch of approaches we finally decided that I'll be dusting off the ol' flying kegs for this to unfortunately ran out of raid time so have to see how weekend goes.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    After trying a bunch of approaches we finally decided that I'll be dusting off the ol' flying kegs for this to unfortunately ran out of raid time so have to see how weekend goes.
    Yeah, luckily I managed to record the fight, so there's always a recorded history of one of our healers going "AIDS, I CAN'T HEAL YOU!!" "Yeah, I know, it's fine."

2 heal the fight, makes it MUCH easier. I prefer Dampen Harm. I used Tank Meta with DPS Cloak. Very low mastery. I'm pure crit, for me, it's the best/funnest build. Kill engineers and just AoE adds down. Iron Star is too much extra movement imo. Last phase, stack for MC, move out immediately for Desecrated kite adds, don't waste dps on them.

Our log of the kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ohxb3...s=9856&e=10486
    and my Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...6zled/advanced
    Hope I was some help!

Deleted
    Having Shuffle up is much more important than anything else. Tiger palm should be a very low priority, even the increase on guard. Start Keg Smash-->Leg Sweep-->BoK-->RJW/Jab/EH-->Tiger Palm-->etc. (just make sure to not waste chi on guard if that means shuffle drops). If you really wanted too you could also get Chi Brew for the extra Chi (insta-shuffle) and Elusive Brew.

15+ Year Old Account
    you need to find time for BoK, you mine as well just be a rogue tanking without shuffle up. KS into BoK should pretty much be the opener if your having this trouble, expel harm should be replacing jab as much as possible and probably be your 3rd gcd in this case, chi wave early and fort brew if you have to. in all honesty if you feel the need to cast guard without tiger palm at the very start of the pull it wont be the end of the world seeing as your dying while trying to get it up anyways.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Just dusted off my brewmaster after six months and am playing him again. Was looking for advice, I see a lot of people are going to hit/exp cap, then like 7k haste, then *all* crit from there. Is mastery or stam mixed in with crit viable? I thought it'd be a little bit more interesting to do something besides the crit stacking route, any tips are appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Just dusted off my brewmaster after six months and am playing him again. Was looking for advice, I see a lot of people are going to hit/exp cap, then like 7k haste, then *all* crit from there. Is mastery or stam mixed in with crit viable? I thought it'd be a little bit more interesting to do something besides the crit stacking route, any tips are appreciated, thanks!
    hit/exp are good to cap because white hits are your gift of the ox orbs and EB generation, and since you have to be in front of the boss you need the 15% cap for exp.
    Mastery is far superior to stam for EH with stagger unless you are doing a pure magic fight. Crit won't be your highest smoothing stat, but it helps gives you gift of the ox spheres and EB stacks which offset it not being quite as good as mastery and it increases your damage by a large amount to boot. For haste I run with 6k because that is what I am comfortable with but some people certainly run with lower amounts, just depends on your Chi needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im using 2 Heroic TOT trinkets and they seem pretty weak

What trinkets are you guys using Im pretty sure Harroms and Ticking are pretty good but what about the Crit on use (Garrosh) or the Cleave Trinket for multiple target bosses. Other than that most of the trinekts seem situational for fights where having a stam + AOE avoidance or CD reduction and stam would be helpful maybe?

For DPS -

RoRo + XX

If you are using Xuen, use Multistrike, if you use RJW, use Cleave trinket.

For Survivability

RoRo + XX

You will most likely use the CD reduc trinket if you want survival at all costs. Only in SOME fights will you end up using the AoE reduction ability. Malkorok for example is a good choice for it, however using the CD reduc lets you have your 3min CDs ready for each blood rage phase nonetheless, so it doesnt matter.

The best thing about this tier's gear is that, when doing heavy progression, DW is still quite a lot better than a 2h when it comes to damage. But the beauty is in the fact that it is actually a much better survivability weapon set as well. Pushing the crit cap to 79% hardly increases our survivability via EB. However, while using RoRo and DW, it is easily possible to throttle crit at manageable levels ( ~60% paperdoll) and dump the rest into mastery. This way, you retain full effectiveness of crit, whilst incrementally increasing the value of RoRo (because more mastery) and also increasing survivability via mastery.

Funny how neat and tidy this ended up being.