Deleted
    Hi all,

My BrM is now just below the DW crit cap (0.5% off raid buffed) and my trinket proc takes me over this, I run with more than enough haste currently (8100 i could lower it but I don't need the crit). Damage intake doesn't seem to be an issue and I run with 5400 mastery for 10N SoO. What would provide the biggest boost for dps, crit beyond the white crit cap, more haste or agi?

I'm assuming you're expertise hard capped as well? If you don't want mastery because you don't need more damage and you're crit capped (going beyond has 0 benefit for you hence why its a *cap*) then agility would because its 2AP per point (and a smidge of crit but that's not really a thing for you) while haste at that point will probably just give you more auto attacks (very small increase really).

Honestly if you're crit capped and expertise hard capped, I don't see why you don't start dumping points into mastery. I personally stack mastery because I like being a self sustaining tank (10 - 33 stacks of screech on thok heroic w/o a healer or fort brew woooo). If you're stacking crit and hit a cap and have more than enough haste, you'd really probably benefit as a tank just taking mastery and making your healers' lives that much easier. Keep in mind, the attack power from agility doesn't scale with vengence like crit does so agility isn't that big a bump in dps anyway.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    I'm assuming you're expertise hard capped as well? If you don't want mastery because you don't need more damage and you're crit capped (going beyond has 0 benefit for you hence why its a *cap*) then agility would because its 2AP per point (and a smidge of crit but that's not really a thing for you) while haste at that point will probably just give you more auto attacks (very small increase really).
    Actually that's not 100% true. The crit white cap is a good amount lower than the hard cap due to glancing blows.

It would still benefit his damage output by bumping up the crit rate of his active abilities, though it would not give him anything in regard to self-preservation (save self-heal crits).

Ah yeah, I didn't even think of the hard cap for yellow hits. Most time people mention crit cap and they're speaking of white hits which affect our elusive brew generation as well as auto attack dps. Forgot about the self healing crits, which is terrible because I've had'em be like Lay on Hands with enough vengence lol. Good catch.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

So did my friend just fool me, or is the strenght trinket from Thok actually pretty good for us? I could see why it would be good, due to the haste,crit and mastery increase, but the str proc would be kinda wasted (if you dont count the little parry you get from it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    (if you dont count the little parry you get from it).
    The only thing we get from the proc is the AP in a 1:1 ratio (instead of 2:1 for agil). It's a good 2nd trinket imo though doubt I'd ever equip it even if we get extra our plate peeps don't need. After TED it's the only T16 trinket that really adds to our survival to any degree while still boosting DPS some.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

do i take shamans hc over siegcrafter wf trinket?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    My guess it will need to be tested to give you an absolute answer. I think alot of it will have to do with your stats and crit point. I do think haromms might win out though due to the stats and proc bbenefiing and the increase rppm of the trinket over the warforged.

But thats just opinion. Its definitely a tough question to answer without some good theorycrafting.

- - - Updated - - -

In an off point kind of question. Does anyone have any ways or ideas on how I can increase my BrM playskill outside raids? What exactly should I be focused and practicing as well?
    I have completed both endless waves to 49 and challenge modes gold. Im unsure of where to find a new skill challenge that I can pug or do solo outside raids.

Deleted
    Sort of a silly question, but is using both an option? I feel like there aren't many good trinkets this tier for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post

In an off point kind of question. Does anyone have any ways or ideas on how I can increase my BrM playskill outside raids? What exactly should I be focused and practicing as well?
    I have completed both endless waves to 49 and challenge modes gold. Im unsure of where to find a new skill challenge that I can pug or do solo outside raids.
    I think soloing old raids can be very fun and very rewarding, because you can only rely on yourself and often you have to find the perfect balance between surviving and maximizing your dps to not hit the beserk timer. I don't know what is soloable this tier by BrM monks though, so you'll need to look into this if you're interested. Stone Guards 10 could be soloed last patch (even on heroic), I assume that at least normal will be still be possible, although the vengeance changes are going to be heavily felt in that fight. I'm sure there are some other challenging encounters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    Sort of a silly question, but is using both an option? I feel like there aren't many good trinkets this tier for us.
    Some people like to use RoRo as one of their options. Personally, I use both HWF Haromm's and a NWF TED.

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    sorry no. we have 3 AGI DPS (2 of them are leather) in our 10 men group now and i cannot take them their candy away. i have to take stam stuff. yesterday i won siegcrafter wf trinket but i gave it away to our rogue. because he will use it on EVERY fight and when we do malkorok hc i will not take that trinket, so, it is for him. i'm really think switch to another tank class with not that much ppl on my gear. like warrior or pally.
    13/13

Monk

Hi all. I am pretty new in the game so i don't know caps stuff etc.
    When should i stop stacking crit? My armory is in the signature. Thanks in advance.

sorry no. we have 3 AGI DPS (2 of them are leather) in our 10 men group now and i cannot take them their candy away. i have to take stam stuff. yesterday i won siegcrafter wf trinket but i gave it away to our rogue. because he will use it on EVERY fight and when we do malkorok hc i will not take that trinket, so, it is for him. i'm really think switch to another tank class with not that much ppl on my gear. like warrior or pally.
    So far there is only one fight where I don't use Haromm/TED, and that's Malkorok. I use Vial/TED for the lower Fort brew CD. You're better off using ToT trinkets than using 2x stamina trinkets from Siege.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    So far there is only one fight where I don't use Haromm/TED, and that's Malkorok. I use Vial/TED for the lower Fort brew CD. You're better off using ToT trinkets than using 2x stamina trinkets from Siege.
    i have bloodlust talisman hc, rune tf and renataki hc.
    13/13

Monk

i have bloodlust talisman hc, rune tf and renataki hc.
    Hmm in that case I would use rune and haromm or siege. If not acess to those I would use rentanki and rune.

For dps rentanki heroic is almsot equal to haromm from what I have read.

I use siege and renataki until I can get a vial or haromm. But I do 25s.

i also have the vial wf and the 2nd boss heroic item. that with the ae reduce. i would love to use harom hc and the vial. but i dont know. i will stick to vial and the rune because i dont want to reforge my expertise back and forth
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Alethebeer View Post
    Hi all. I am pretty new in the game so i don't know caps stuff etc.
    When should i stop stacking crit? My armory is in the signature. Thanks in advance.
    Priority is basically hit/exp -> haste to taste -> mastery until you don't die -> crit. So if you find that you're dying, reforge some crit into mastery until it stops being a problem. Notable don't-die checks this tier are Malkorok, Thok, Garrosh, and maybe Paragons. Personally I'm running about 11k mastery right now as we work on 10N Garrosh, but YMMV.

Alternately, if you can get your raid leader to go for it, go full mastery and then abuse fight mechanics to get giant amounts of vengeance to make up for the lost crit. Solo-tank Blood Rage, things like that.

i see lesser and lesser people using 4set. if i do ignore 4set do i want to keep 2 set or not? got 3/5 atm but one of those slots can be replace with a 2/2 upgraded critt/mastery legs from ordos vs normal tier. using flex shoulders from jugger and head from immersus for now. still trying to get over to my monk more than my dk since well, monk is more fun

if ignoring 4 set what becomes "BiS" so to speak?

also if i want more critt while going for mastery do i use agi/mastery gem or expertise/mastery so i can forge more gear into critt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    i see lesser and lesser people using 4set. if i do ignore 4set do i want to keep 2 set or not? got 3/5 atm but one of those slots can be replace with a 2/2 upgraded critt/mastery legs from ordos vs normal tier. using flex shoulders from jugger and head from immersus for now. still trying to get over to my monk more than my dk since well, monk is more fun

if ignoring 4 set what becomes "BiS" so to speak?

also if i want more critt while going for mastery do i use agi/mastery gem or expertise/mastery so i can forge more gear into critt?
    4 set is situational in my opinion, but I don't really get a choice anyway seeing that even at 9/14HC I was only just able to get the 2 set this week. On a fight like Malkorok with high incoming raw physical damage the 4 set is amazing, especially when soloing blood rage.

If I had a choice between non tier pieces and tier pieces, I'd only trade set bonuses for warforged/hc/hc wf pieces of a greater ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    If I had a choice between non tier pieces and tier pieces, I'd only trade set bonuses for warforged/hc/hc wf pieces of a greater ilvl.
    Aka, since im mainly doing flex on alt runs/pugs(might do some normals soon if i can be arsed) i should just grab highest ilvl/best stats rather than 4set?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.