hey all, i was just curios if people could help me (Pandabéar) in my gameplay.

here are some logs of last week: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/79JWkgPT4wHMpym6
    i was hoping for feedback on my up times on all most all the fights but mainly heroic Norushen as it was our first night trying and killing it, feedback on garrosh would be cool as well since i feel like i could play better there.
    any feed back good or bad is welcomed.

~Thanks~

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazx View Post
    hey all, i was just curios if people could help me (Pandabéar) in my gameplay.

here are some logs of last week: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/79JWkgPT4wHMpym6
    i was hoping for feedback on my up times on all most all the fights but mainly heroic Norushen as it was our first night trying and killing it, feedback on garrosh would be cool as well since i feel like i could play better there.
    any feed back good or bad is welcomed.
    What problems do you think need fixing? I'm not seeing an uptime problem and you dont' seem to be dying at all. Your early death on your first Norushen attempt appears to be because you didn't get any heals for +4s and only 1 direct heal in +7s before your death. It appears you were down to 1 healer at that time for some reason, other healer was probably down in other realm, so you may want to make sure you're aware of that and pop an extra CD for that time.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    What problems do you think need fixing? I'm not seeing an uptime problem and you dont' seem to be dying at all. Your early death on your first Norushen attempt appears to be because you didn't get any heals for +4s and only 1 direct heal in +7s before your death. It appears you were down to 1 healer at that time for some reason, other healer was probably down in other realm, so you may want to make sure you're aware of that and pop an extra CD for that time.

i just suck at reading logs and wasn't too sure if my up times were correct anyway because i haven't really read up on things for a fair while (i should have done today really)

yeah i think i misjudge what damage would be coming in, ill remember from now on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Just a quick glance at his logs, over all your attempts his shuffle uptime is 44% but the Grace of Air uptime is 84%. You can look at the GoA buff as his uptime throughout the fight since its up 100% of the time you're alive. His Elusive Brew uptime is 88% which means that your shaman died when he was alive. If you look at his highest uptime buff (EB @ 88%) as his active time then his Shuffle is up 50% of his active time.

I'm not sure how he's made it to H Garrosh with only keeping this up 50% of the time as that should have reared its ugly head much earlier.

Even his Tiger Power uptime is 73% which means he's prioritizing that over keeping shuffle up.

This is poor play and I'm shocked its just coming out now at H Garrosh.
    What kind of uptimes then should be ? Everything at 100% or ?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    As close to 100% as possible. If Shuffle isn't up he's effectively a WW monk with more threat and less defensive CDs.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Uptime% is actually a pretty bad metric for Heroic Garrosh, particularly if you're tanking the boss through P1 and he only really starts his job in Phase 2. There's really no reason to push EB if you're not actively tanking anything, and shuffle uptime while you're focusing entirely on AoE may be greatly reduced.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=115307
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=115308
    Looking here, it seems his uptime is a lot better on things near the end of the fight, which is probably your phase 2. Shuffle could be a bit better (ideally, when you're actively tanking, it should be a smooth line, whereas he has some gaps - usually if you're not tanking but plan to be soon, you want to be building up your shuffle timer, so falling off while your time on target is 100% should not really happen0 -- but that's probably not strictly what's killing him. EB, it seems like he's hitting it while he's actually tanking the boss and then just letting it build up when he's not, which makes sense.

His usage of Chi Wave and Expel Harm are a bit spotty, that may be something to look at. Self-healing is huge when so much of the damage you're taking is from non-physical. I can't comment on his gear since he seems to be in WW gear at the moment, but if he's just getting destroyed, he could look at increasing his mastery, or running slightly higher haste (up to 6-7k) to give him more room for purifying and emergency Expel Harm use.

Only other thing I see is he seems to be using Jab a bit much. In general, Jab should only be used to avoid capping energy. It may seem as though spamming it is a good idea, but you end up with better chi generation if you prioritize having 40 chi for keg smash as soon as it comes off CD, and your survivability is better if you try to keep close to 40 most of the time so you can always be ready to Expel Harm whenever you fall below 35%.

Last night we killed Thok a lot quicker then expected. We did few pull on blackfuse hc but not with great success. My main problem is extreme dmg from debuff stacks and too high health of shredders. Would you guys have any tips for this encounter? Even though I love tanking too bad this fight can't be solo tanked as ww monk is nice for belt. Anyway, all tips would be more then welcome.

Our team:

Prot paladin
    Brewmaster (me)

Disco/shadow priest
    Resto/ele shammy

Boomkin/resto druid
    Ele shammy
    Hunter
    Shadow priest
    2 mages
    Warlock

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Last night we killed Thok a lot quicker then expected. We did few pull on blackfuse hc but not with great success. My main problem is extreme dmg from debuff stacks and too high health of shredders. Would you guys have any tips for this encounter? Even though I love tanking too bad this fight can't be solo tanked as ww monk is nice for belt. Anyway, all tips would be more then welcome.

Our team:

Prot paladin
    Brewmaster (me)

Disco/shadow priest
    Resto/ele shammy

Boomkin/resto druid
    Ele shammy
    Hunter
    Shadow priest
    2 mages
    Warlock
    May be a dumb question but are you tanking the shredder in a sawblade? Are there any other DPS designated to help when shredders are active?

I don't know if this works for prot paladins, but we just have our warrior kill most shredders by himself, and I only kill one (with 7 stacks xD). I would assume wings would carry a paladin through the first shredder where they only have 3 stacks, but they should be fine from there as long as people are dropping sawblades in a good location.

As for living the stacks from the boss.

Other tank takes 3
    1 - nuthin
    2 - guard
    Other tank takes 1
    3 - fort brew
    4 - guard (FB is still up)
    Other Tank take 1
    5 - Avert Harm
    6 - Guard + Sac (pain sup in your case)
    7 - Diffuse magic

Then you kill a shredder, stacks reset and off you go. I think a prot paladin is able to handle the shredders they get with this, just might not be able to keep them on the boss, never done it without a warrior not not sure on that really.

Are there any other DPS designated to help when shredders are active?
    Why would you have DPS attack shredders? Tanks gotta handle that.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2014-04-24 at 08:53 AM.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I should get some feedback while I'm in this thread!

Currently don't have any logs as I've just gotten to a semi reasonable gear level for transitioning into normals and have yet to get my cloak, such a pain on alts (I'm gonna run some logs in flex this week to get an idea of where I stand with uptimes). Optimization wise, does my toon look decent up to this point?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rmeleon/simple

Thanks for any input.

I was trying to kill him alone without the help of others while getting "help" from siegecrafter skills. But I believe that I will get to the point where they'll start going down. What worries me more are the hits I'm getting from blackfuse.

I was trying to kill him alone without the help of others while getting "help" from siegecrafter skills. But I believe that I will get to the point where they'll start going down. What worries me more are the hits I'm getting from blackfuse.
    If you use that CD rotation I posted you should be fine as long as you are topped off going into the hits. Although remember tank cloak can soak one too. It gets sketch past 6 stacks for cloak though, low health pool and all.

Thanks for the tips. I'll gladly use them. Do you have any suggestions regarding gear/talents?

Our team:

Prot paladin
    Brewmaster (me)

Disco/shadow priest
    Resto/ele shammy

Boomkin/resto druid
    Ele shammy
    Hunter
    Shadow priest
    2 mages
    Warlock
    Your prot paladin (my main class) should "main tank" Blackfuse. Simply put paladins are much better at killing shredders than monks; sometimes when DPS jump the gun and pickup my first electrostatic, I can still kill the shredder right after DFA with 2 stacks. My co-tank is a DK who has trouble killing adds (worst class for it obviously) so I do most of the heavy lifting:

3 stacks, kill add
    4 stacks, kill add
    5 stacks, kill add
    DK kills add at 7 stacks, I hand of sac him before he gets the 7th
    5 stacks, kill add
    6 stacks, kill add
    DK kills add at 5 stacks
    Boss dead

If you're not letting the paladin do most of the work then your raid group's doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    If you're not letting the paladin do most of the work then your raid group's doing it wrong.
    Pretty much this. But if you guys are handling mines (which imo you should) remember to slow them and AoE them. You will be a huge contributer to their damage. Also clash actually works here!

We did few pull on blackfuse hc but not with great success. My main problem is extreme dmg from debuff stacks and too high health of shredders.
    Getting to grips with the Shredder is the second most important function on this fight, behind the Belt. Get this wrong, and it's a wipe simply because stacks will reset at the wrong time, and you'll be unable to handle them all.

The most important thing to note is your understanding of Death from Above, you need to know how far you can be, and when you can move in as quickly as possible. Death from Above (The Debuff) only lasts ~5 seconds, and during that time, the Shredder must die.

There are three things you can note that'll help you get back into the add A.S.A.P., and do optimal damage, but i'll also post a quick guide on what adds, stacks and where they should be:

1) Practice in LFR / Flex the safe distance you can be from the Shredder without being knocked up into the air. Knowing where you can be can give you that extra second, and the kill. Being knocked up is likely a fail on the DPS check, and results in a wipe.

2) The Death from Above debuff, and your ability to move in and kill it starts the second it lands, not when the AoE Electrical Pulse (Overload) occurs. Many tanks wait that extra second thinking that signifies it's knock up ability, which is false. As soon as it is on the ground, you should move in and kill it.

3) Save a Roll for getting back to the add, not to get away. If you're getting away too late, that's just poor gameplay, but you should roll into the add to get that extra second of DPS. Save Tiger Lust (if you use it) for getting back to the boss A.S.A.P., as the Tank Swap is very important.

Here is a run down, Shredder by Shredder, Debuff by Debuff of what you should do.

Note; Have your Brewmaster start the encounter for this method, although you could easily swap positions, just adjust accordingly.

1) Take the boss to the position, and build up three stacks of the debuff, at the time the third is applied, you'll get the Shredder #1.

2) Don't taunt the shredder just yet, attack it to build aggro (While moving), and roll into position, then taunt, causing the Shredder to move faster, breaking the Healing Beam sooner.

3) Position the add on the Sawblade that should have been placed in the center of the room. Pop your Potion / Xuen now, as they'll last the full duration and will help with overall Shredder damage.

4) Kill the shredder, and return to the boss immediately, taunting him and gaining four stacks. The other tank at this point should only have 2, if he has 3, yours will fall off and you'll wipe.

5) Soon after getting the fourth stack, the other Tank should taunt, to start building their stacks up, at this time, Shredder #2 will spawn.

6) Keep Shredder #2 on the boss, with both Tanks attacking it. You'll have 4 Stacks, and the other Tank will have 3, which is more then enough to out-DPS the Healing Beam. Have the Melee (and yourself) simply move out once the Shredder takes off for Death from Above.

7) Both Tanks should focus the add A.S.A.P., and kill it.

8) Allow your other Tank to get to 5 stacks, and taunt the boss. The other tank at this point should take the add (Shredder #3) out of the Healing beam and kill it quickly as he'll have 5 stacks, leaving you free to focus on any Empowered Mines, as they're more important then Boss Damage.

9) Return to the start positions, and return to Step 2, the only difference here is you'll have 4 stacks (Rather than 3), and also have the Magnets Firing. This Extra 1 stack makes a huge difference in your performance while being pulled around, but save Xuen for this add as well.

Thanks a lot. Sadly my ISP had maintenance yesterday but I'll try to put all suggestions into action on Monday

Brewmaster Monk Tanking Guide Updated 5.4.7 (Rev 7)

Based on multiple simulations, personal experience and feedback from multiple top ranked Brewmaster Monks, I have finally got down to collaborating an in-depth guide in to the optimal way to tank as a Brewmaster Monk. Please be aware that this section covers single target AND multiple target tanking.

Step 1:

This concludes the Brewmaster tanking guide, please leave feedback below.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-25 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Step 1:
    I did chuckle, but there is a tad more to Brewmasters then Keg Smash, that's like saying there is nothing more to Elemental Shamans (As a Random Example) then Chain Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I did chuckle, but there is a tad more to Brewmasters then Keg Smash, that's like saying there is nothing more to Elemental Shamans (As a Random Example) then Chain Lightning.
    But there isn't anything more than Chain Lightning ^^