Then yeah, you're pretty much doing it fine.

just got 13/14H tonight and going to be working on garrosh till WoD, now i have been look for a while now but i can't seem to find anything about it (i could be overlooking something)
    on garrosh what talents are best to use overall on the fight?
    and if i end up kiting the iron star phase4 (pretty sure i would be) is roll -tigers lust- roll enough ?momentum maybe?

any tips would be really appreciated

T1 Talents: Take your pick and which you might find more useful. If you're taking Chi Torpedo for extra movement juice then obviously take Celerity. I take Tiger's Lust personally.

T2 Talents: I take Chi Burst because with roughly 300 ~ 400k Vengence Chi Burst + Keg Smash basically insta breaks mind controls.

T3 talents: Pick what you usually use

T4 Talents: Depends on how you're doing your stun rotation for Jade Temple Phase. If you're the first aoe stun/interrupt you want Leg Sweep for the max length stun. If you're the second or not in it, I reccomend charging Ox wave because its convenient when you're kiting to give you some space with the adds.

T5 Talents: Take Diffuse Magic. Use it to soak Annihilates in Jade Temple phase as well as WC or what not. No reason to take the other two.

T6 Talents: If you need more roll juice, take Chi Torpedo. RJW is good for exactly one phase of the fight so don't take it (because its the easier part of the fight anyway). Xuen is decent if you don't need the extra roll distance for kiting and then you can do silly things like 3 man a pack in the Jade Serpent intermission with vengeance and maybe a pot. If you use it then, it'll be up just before you push Garrosh (if you're able to skip the Terrace phase) or it'll be coming up before the Terrace intermission.

For kiting it will honestly be your preference and what you have available to you. I can get away with just tiger's lust but I also have warlocks ready to shadowfury the adds (really important when you take leg sweep). Its really rounding corners when kiting adds or the Iron Star that are really dangerous so Tiger's Lust is great there.

Make sure your group knows the positioning of Garrosh in P4 and you know the route to go to make sure the Iron Star nails him. Remember if you're a second late you can just tank the add(s) that pop as long as there's not a bunch. If you're a second early you wipe.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    T5 Talents: Take Diffuse Magic. Use it to soak Annihilates in Jade Temple phase as well as WC or what not. No reason to take the other two.
    Diffuse Magic only helps prevent 2 slams of annihilate. If you use Fort Brew+Dampen Harm, you can soak 3. You can then follow those 3 up with a super guard which should last 2-3 slams as well.

So, between Zen med (3), FB+DH (3) and FB+Guard (2) that's at least 8 slams you can soak through. You can also use your cloak to soak a slam, and then call out for cooldowns if you really need to. I don't think I've ever seen past 9 slams though.

Although, if you are soaking slams, you should be taking Xuen 100%. Syncing Xuen up with your 700k vengeance period is a HUGE amount of dmg that will be lost by not using it. You can then use it again at the beginning of phase 4 when you have 300k+ vengeance. I can't speak for 10m, but in 25 you shouldn't ever take chi torpedo. You're better off taking tiger's lust, charging ox wave, and using those two intelligently with roll and dk grips/druid vortex/lock stuns.

I don't kite the Iron stars, because we 2 tank the fight. I guess I could kite in p4, but we already have a rogue/druid who knows it better than I.

edit: I do take the "move with zen med" glyph, and could probably swap out one of my healing sphere glyphs for glyph of guard (which I use every whirl in p2). Guard glyph would let you soak a little bit more annihilate dmg too actually.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2014-09-18 at 05:21 PM.

I always do 1 - 3 Zen Med, 4 - 5 Diffuse Magic, 6 - 7 Fort Brew + Guard, 7 - 9 Vigilance w/ Avert Harm at 8. If we get 10 because we're on point then cloak will usually soak it or I'll still have a few seconds of Fort Brew and Vigilance to take it. I've found having DM for WC and EWC just to be nice little buffers as well.

Oh yeah glyphs you want Zen Med and then you can take guard if you want the extra magic damage soak otherwise Fortuitous spheres and Enduring Healing spheres. I usually leave guard unglyphed personally because I didn't need the extra magic absorb. I did however glyph it for when I was solo tanking H10 because the debuff damage was the most threatening thing to me after about 9 stacks.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

You actually use AH in that phase? Ooph. AH in certain situations scares the hell out of me. I do use it, but mostly as another magical cd.

I'm not close enough to most of the raid for it to really matter. Plus, most of the raid isn't taken super high damage anyway since we're (surprisingly) actually decent at making sure everyone gets a buff. Even if I for some reason caught 10 people with avert harm its not anywhere near lethal anyway. Really isn't much else place to use it (although I do use it w/ diffuse magic when we get our one and only EWC to help mitigate some of the raid damage as I run with them to pick up adds).

Deleted
    If you're sitting at 10%+ mastery and Fort up you mostlikely will not die with Avert as you are staggering like 80% of the damage you receive through Avert. I have found my health not even dipping slightly when soaking annihilates with it in 25 man (Avert + Fort makes you invincible to non-melee damage imo).

My annihilate soaking:
    1 - Diffuse + Zen Med (Vengeance Bug, diffuse allows me to use the DD cloak) 2 - Diffuse is still up, 3-6 Fort Brew + Vigilance, 7-8 Fort still up + Avert (immediate purification after each hit), 9-10 2.5 mil Guard soakes 2 entierly unmitigated annihilates

And how much chi are you using purifying those hits that could go towards blackout kick?

Deleted
    two in total, one for each annihilate hit

Deleted
    Hello everyone,

I am not sure where to post this, but I thought here may be suitable. I am interested in starting to tank more frequently for our guild and had to opportunity to tank Klaxxi heroic on Wednesday. I was wondering if someone could go through the log for me and see if there is anything major I need to work on.

Unfortunately I cannot post links so below is instructions to get to the post.
    Logs:
    Warcraftlogs -> Quelm EU-Nagrand -> 24/09

Armoury:
    Selffaw EU-Nagrand

The 6.0 guide is live!

For those of you who still want to use the 5.4 guide, I've created a google doc for it linked here

I DID make significant headway with this during the dead of the night so if you guys see any missing info or any outdated stuff or anything that needs to be clarified or corrected, please don't hesitate to let me know.

have haste values changed from 5.4 - 6.0 ?

Not sure if I missed a few things but on the guide #10.5 it says Dizzying Haze costs 20 Energy is this not now free?

Other thing is #13.1 You have put Avert Harm and not Expel Harm
    Otherwise looking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie83 View Post
    Not sure if I missed a few things but on the guide #10.5 it says Dizzying Haze costs 20 Energy is this not now free?

Dizzying Haze is only free with the leveling perk you get from 92-100. At level 90-91 it still has a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazx View Post
    have haste values changed from 5.4 - 6.0 ?
    The value of haste? I don't really think so, it's still kinda poor and it still serves its use. If anything, without our 10% additional Er/s modifier from our stance, it's less powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie83 View Post

Ahp. Alright, fixing now. Thank you, sir!

Good update to the guide, though I was hoping for a new thread for it so as not to make people think the other 287 pages are useful discussion.

Some minor changes:
    -Ox orb color is stated as green. It is now gold
    -Spelling on link to Healing Elixirs
    -Soul dance stagger amount is listed as 130% of normal stagger, not 30%
    -Expel harm glyph only provides its benefit if you are at 35% health or less.
    -Glyph of Fortuitous Spheres has been omitted: Falling below 25% automatically summons a healing sphere near you at no cost. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 30 seconds.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    Good update to the guide, though I was hoping for a new thread for it so as not to make people think the other 287 pages are useful discussion.

Some minor changes:
    -Ox orb color is stated as green. It is now gold
    -Spelling on link to Healing Elixirs
    -Soul dance stagger amount is listed as 130% of normal stagger, not 30%
    -Expel harm glyph only provides its benefit if you are at 35% health or less.
    -Glyph of Fortuitous Spheres has been omitted: Falling below 25% automatically summons a healing sphere near you at no cost. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 30 seconds.

Keep up the good work!
    Yeah actually I think I will just make a new thread. That's a good idea.

Everything else is noted and will be fixed, thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    Dizzying Haze is only free with the leveling perk you get from 92-100. At level 90-91 it still has a cost.
    No, they built the perk in when the rolled in a lot of "boring" perks.

http://wod.wowhead.com/spells=-14.10.268

The only perks that have to be earned anymore are Transcendence, Guard, BoF (to work without the debuff), and Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    No, they built the perk in when the rolled in a lot of "boring" perks.
    I get that, but as of a week ago it was still the perk I gained at level 92 while leveling for the final time. But yes, it should be free according to wowhead's tooltip information.