shift + 5 - chi wave
    R - dizzying haze
    shift + r - breath of fire
    F - potion

wheel up - taunt
    wheel down - purifying brew
    shift + wheel up - macro to use ox statue to AoE taunt
    shift + wheel down - guard

various mouse buttons: expel harm, zen meditation, ox statue, leg sweep, elusive brew, fortifying brew, avert harm, xuen, dampen harm (or diffuse magic), touch of death

Not sure what other keybinds I can effectively use. Hm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else sort their keybinds by use %? Example, I consider 1-5 prime reach territory so it's 1-KS, 2-Jab, 3-BoK, 4-TP, 5-EH. This remains the same for BrM and WW so I don't get confused.

FYI it's not in sequential order, 1 I find is harder to reach than others so I put short CD rotation abilities on it for all classes. From there it degrades to Shift 1-4 (PB, EB, SCK, DH) and Alt 1-3 (taunt, interrupt, L30). Anything beyond that I find a bit clumsy to reach mid combat so the "outliers" are stuff like 3min abilities or infrequently used. Also helps revent accidentally hitting them.

I just have the razer w/ 2 thumb buttons which gets Roll (or any other move power like blink) + Clash.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Anyone else sort their keybinds by use %? Example, I consider 1-5 prime reach territory so it's 1-KS, 2-Jab, 3-BoK, 4-TP, 5-EH. This remains the same for BrM and WW so I don't get confused.

FYI it's not in sequential order, 1 I find is harder to reach than others so I put short CD rotation abilities on it for all classes. From there it degrades to Shift 1-4 (PB, EB, SCK, DH) and Alt 1-3 (taunt, interrupt, L30). Anything beyond that I find a bit clumsy to reach mid combat so the "outliers" are stuff like 3min abilities or infrequently used. Also helps revent accidentally hitting them.
    This. I have a LOT of alts, so in order to keep consistent from going from one toon to another, I have:
    1 - Taunt
    2 - A main resource generating ability (Jab, Devastate, Crusader Strike)
    3 - A secondary/alternate resource/buff/debuff generating ability (Tiger palm, Hammer of Righteous)
    4 - AOE/mitigation ability (BoK, Cleave, divine storm)
    5 - Hard hitting/ranged ability (Keg Smash, Judgement, etc)

and then up to = with the lesser frequently used abilities. I use the regular WoW interface with all the action bars available, so I put all my CDs right above my most used abilities. I find it easier to reach keys 2-6, so I pack all my main abilities there. I have pretty good awareness and reflexes, plus since all my bars are as homogenized as possible between toons, I know about the general area of where the next ability that I want to use is going to be, and is a quick mouseclick away. I never really got used to 3rd party UIs or Shift/Alt/Ctrl + #ofAbility.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post

I just have the razer w/ 2 thumb buttons which gets Roll (or any other move power like blink) + Clash.
    I dont like shift or alt mod so i usually avoid them.
    thanks to having a Merc stealth keybord i have enough buttons around my movement keys to easy reach 1-11

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review..._stealth/7.jpg

Really that keybord is a godsend for me ^_^

My 2 button is always my interrupt across classes, and the 3-5 buttons are the main DPS rotation (as well as shift + numbers). Mouse buttons are utility, mitigation cooldowns, perhaps some mobility sorta stuff.

Yeah I do try to keep to a 'theme' for each area of buttons. Works quite nicely.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2013-01-26 at 11:22 AM.

1-Chi Wave
    2-Palm
    3-BoK
    4-Keg
    Q-P.Brew
    E-Breath of Fire
    R-Avent Harm
    F-Dizzying Haze
    C-Spear
    MouseWeelUp-Expel Harm
    MouseWeelDown-Jab
    G-Leg Sweep
    Shift1-Clash
    S2-Elusive Brew
    S3-Guard
    S4-Ox
    SE-SCK
    SR-CJL
    SF-Forti. Brew
    Num1-Grapple Weapon
    N2-Xuen
    N3-Disable
    Mouse5-Taunt
    SMouse5-Dampen Harm
    Mouse4-Roll
    Shift T-Gift of the Naaru

I have a Naga and my numpad keys are at my thump.

All the time i'm hitting the 2 and then MWD,MWU 3 or 4. MouseWeel Bindings are godlike.
    13/13

Monk

Z, Q, S, D : moves ofc
    A : jump
    E : target
    R: jab
    1 : FB
    2 : TB
    3 : BoK
    4 : Keg
    5 : Spear
    F : Breath Of Fire
    Space : taunt
    Ctrl + space : Death
    Shift + Space : Sweep leg
    Shift + F : Crush
    Tab : Dizzying Haze
    ² : Zen Med
    Shift + A : Dampen Harm
    Shift + E : Avert Harm
    Mouse 3 : Guard
    Mouse 4 : Roll
    Mouse 5 : Expel
    Mouse 6 : Chi Wave
    Mouse 7 : EB (spamming it while doing other things à 9 stacks)
    Mouse 9 : SCK
    Mouse 10 : Statue
    Mouse 11 : Xuen

Studied a lot this key design.
    Uses Corsair M90 mouse (perfect mouse ever seen) and BindPad addon to just assign key to "icon" and not "position" which allow for dual template for several characters customized at best.

We can really get away from the keybind posts now. They do nothing for discussion of the topic of Brewmaster Tanking.

Probably done enough now yes, but at the same time keybinds are a useful part of knowing how to tank. Maybe someone's gotten a better idea of how to set up their binds? Realised that there are more binds they could use to get abilities used on a more frequent basis? Wondering why someone prioritises a certain ability (judging by where they've bound it on their keyboard), etc.

And, y'know. There's only so many things to discuss in this particular thread. It's mostly people coming in to ask questions, we answer them, maybe discuss said questions/answers, etc. Why shut down this particular topic? Not like we're discussing much else in here anyways (until someone comes in to ask a question, as stated previously).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    We can really get away from the keybind posts now. They do nothing for discussion of the topic of Brewmaster Tanking.
    I picked up a few suggestions I might tweak it's not wasted space but yeah doesn't have to go on for 40 pages.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Keybindings are pretty personal things, and are etched into a muscle's memory. Changing stuff around takes time to relearn and then remaster. All this does is shows you ideas for what you could do if you start playing a new char, or have the patience to relearn keybindings.

There is no doubt, that some keybind setups are superior to others, it can be analyzed down to a science, but it ultimately depends on the person playing (hand size) and their equipment(keyboard and mouse).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Probably done enough now yes, but at the same time keybinds are a useful part of knowing how to tank. Maybe someone's gotten a better idea of how to set up their binds? Realised that there are more binds they could use to get abilities used on a more frequent basis? Wondering why someone prioritises a certain ability (judging by where they've bound it on their keyboard), etc.

And, y'know. There's only so many things to discuss in this particular thread. It's mostly people coming in to ask questions, we answer them, maybe discuss said questions/answers, etc. Why shut down this particular topic? Not like we're discussing much else in here anyways (until someone comes in to ask a question, as stated previously).
    Like me who wants to know why spme guide prioritize stamina and others agility enchnats. Though TBH i've been following your guide since day 1.

Anyone got some tips on heroic gara'jal? Im not sure if i should be using diffuse magic or dampen harm. Damage doesent seem too hard to control, aslong as i manage my cd:s properly. Im also running with tod glyph, guard glyph and fort glyph.

The majority of his damage is physical if I recall, so I'm not sure why you're running with glyphed Guard. I'd also not use the ToD glyph, since it ups the cooldown of the ability, which means you can't use it as much when banished... 3 chi isn't hard to generate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Like me who wants to know why spme guide prioritize stamina and others agility enchnats. Though TBH i've been following your guide since day 1.
    To boost effective health (EH) since the mastery to shuffle conversion ratio is so terrible Stam is the best way to do this. The problem is it takes away from points that could be improving your general mitigation/damage taken over all so it's only good if you need the larger health pool.

For 10m (normal and heroic) I didn't touch stam at all but I have been boosting my HP by ~100k working on 25m Heroic if anything just to make my healers feel better. You can easily do this with a trinket, swapping to stam LW enchants, and using stam instead of agil flask. I've never been a fan of gemming stam unless that is the way to go for everything (like WotlK). 240 stam instead of 320 haste/crit just isn't an appealing trade.

This can be fight dependent as well. On H Lei Shi I stack as much HP as I can since you basically are just there soaking up magic damage for the whole fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Anyone got some tips on heroic gara'jal? Im not sure if i should be using diffuse magic or dampen harm. Damage doesent seem too hard to control, aslong as i manage my cd:s properly. Im also running with tod glyph, guard glyph and fort glyph.
    I take DH for this and don't glyph Guard. Your goal on this fight is to take as little physical damage from his melee + shadowy attacks (which is shadow though). Wipes happen from the DPS/Healer voodoo dolls getting jibbed from a shadowy attack + string of follow up melee hits.

Use DH on CD while tanking and time it around shadowy attacks coming off CD. Save your EB stacks for the shadowy attacks since the damage can't be staggered. Also note that the voodoo's take stagger damage to so you may want to purify a bit more than normal.

I use Avert when the other tank has the boss to try and soak up some of the damage which won't get directed to the voodoo dolls.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-01-28 at 11:42 PM.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Technically it's my guide

But it's mainly due to a difference in ideas... some people think "What do other tanks do? Stamina's good for them? Okay." or "effective health is what's most important for tanks (which is true), so brewmasters should go for that."

Other people think that active mitigation, as it's the principal aspect of brewmasters, should be what is used, and that stamina, while it does benefit EH, it isn't as effective as people prop it up to be, hence, a focus on haste, crit, and agility.

My keybindings:

1 - Castsequence Macro. Everything is in it. I just spam one and it does everything for me including CD's, etc. Parse top world consistently.

On a serious note, if someone wants my keybindings, UI, macros or the like, just PM me. Will be happy to share.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Technically it's my guide

But it's mainly due to a difference in ideas... some people think "What do other tanks do? Stamina's good for them? Okay." or "effective health is what's most important for tanks (which is true), so brewmasters should go for that."

Other people think that active mitigation, as it's the principal aspect of brewmasters, should be what is used, and that stamina, while it does benefit EH, it isn't as effective as people prop it up to be, hence, a focus on haste, crit, and agility.
    Thanks kinda what i had been going with due to your guide and what I've heard from others. Plus it;s more my style LOL.

Though when people ask me i tend to tell em what you said less technical as well as add that it also seems to vary by style and such a new style for wow that really the answers aren't all there yet.

And for now Raiding isn't a big worry for me LOL. My aliance guild had me on bench for various reasons(never was a prime raider for em anyways so bench was a promotion) and now i'm trying to get a horde one going with no real luck. Just love brewmasters LOL.

So I was thinking about the Breath of Fire topic while I was raiding with my guild the other day. Someone brought up the point that they wish they could somehow incorporate BoF but right now there is no point because it doesn't give shuffle. And they couldn't just give shuffle to BoF because then there is not really any choice or it doesn't matter which you choose. But what if BoF give shuffle based on how many targets it hits or something like that? Like maybe 1 second of shuffle per target hit. So that on a single target pull you don't use it, but when it's like a huge AOE pack, BoF would be awesome! Just an idea I had. Feel free to begin tearing it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Further to Madgod's comment (and while I'm here, it's his guide, Sorrior! Credit where credit is due :P), with Touch of Death unglyphed you'll be able to use it for every Banishment. This gives you a lot more time to kill your Severers, and maybe even help out with killing the other adds in the spirit realm. Usually what happens in my raid is that the DPS nukes the 2 Severers they can see, and I go around AoEing the little adds. When the debuff is about to run out I Roll over to the red Severer and ToD it. Helps a lot with keeping raid damage down.

Otherwise... Always try to have some sort of cooldown up whilst tanking Gara'jal himself, and do as much self healing as possible so the healers can focus more on the Voodoo Doll'd targets. Pick up those Gift of the Ox orbs, Expel Harm on CD, etc. I also find that Dampen Harm doesn't proc much on this fight, so I would just use Healing Elixirs to further lessen the healing burden. That said, if DH does proc (and I just didn't notice, or had an avoidance streak, or whatever reason) then that would indeed be the best option.

Essentially, the aim of the game as a tank is to reduce the damage the raid takes as much as possible. Do this by effectively managing cooldowns and killing as many adds in the spirit realm as possible.