1. #2461
    Does the t15 2set bonus work if i cancel the elusive brew aura? For example, you have 15 stacks of it, you activate it and immediatly remove the buff, does it still count for 15secs of more staggered damage?

  2. #2462
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Does the t15 2set bonus work if i cancel the elusive brew aura? For example, you have 15 stacks of it, you activate it and immediatly remove the buff, does it still count for 15secs of more staggered damage?
    Why would you want to cancel it though?

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  3. #2463
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Why would you want to cancel it though?
    Well if a boss has some attack that you can stagger, but cant dodge, then you could cancel the aura and get the bonus stagger from it.

  4. #2464
    This is a great guide and since I'm relatively new to the game(I restarted recently after I quit just after the release of Cataclysm(I wasn't a very good player when I played then either :P) and completely new to the tanking genre aswell this helps me alot, thanks.

    ps.

    I have some questions about abbreviations tho.
    1. What does Staggered, or Staggering mean?
    2. What does DoT mean?
    3. What does reforging mean, and how does it work?
    4. In section 2, Expertise, You mentioned "pros" and "cons", what does those mean?
    5. What does DR rate mean?


    pss. In the terms professions, I am planning to first get inscription for enchants and the staff(to get my ilvl up quicker), Then get leatherworking for the enchants with skinning, and then finally keep skinning and get lvl 600 mining for the passive boosts (Mastery of Anatomy & Toughness). I know this is a lot of work but to me it seems like a good idea since I have the time to do it. I also have a friend that is lvl 600 enchanting that can get me all the enchants I need. (I also don't mind spending so much time on professions since I want to learn what they are like, but don't want to level another character to do so)
    Last edited by Weylo; 2013-02-24 at 06:20 AM.

  5. #2465
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Well if a boss has some attack that you can stagger, but cant dodge, then you could cancel the aura and get the bonus stagger from it.
    Except next tier doesn't have a boss like that. Only Lei Shei this tier is like that, every other boss I tested has attacks you can dodge/mitigate.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  6. #2466
    Quote Originally Posted by Weylo View Post
    This is a great guide and since I'm relatively new to the game(I restarted recently after I quit just after the release of Cataclysm(I wasn't a very good player when I played then either :P) and completely new to the tanking genre aswell this helps me alot, thanks.

    ps.

    I have some questions about abbreviations tho.
    1. What does Staggered, or Staggering mean?
    2. What does DoT mean?
    3. What does reforging mean, and how does it work?
    4. In section 2, Expertise, You mentioned "pros" and "cons", what does those mean?
    5. What does DR rate mean?


    pss. In the terms professions, I am planning to first get inscription for enchants and the staff(to get my ilvl up quicker), Then get leatherworking for the enchants with skinning, and then finally keep skinning and get lvl 600 mining for the passive boosts (Mastery of Anatomy & Toughness). I know this is a lot of work but to me it seems like a good idea since I have the time to do it. I also have a friend that is lvl 600 enchanting that can get me all the enchants I need.
    1) staggered or staggering means that a physical attack has been affected by stagger (which is explained in the guide.)
    2) Damage over Time.
    3) reforging is a process you can use with the etherals in your faction capital (talk to a guard in Stormwind / Orgrimmar / your Pandaria city) which allows you to change the secondary stats on an item to another secondary stat, as long as it is not already present on that item (so if you have a weapon with hit and expertise on it, you have the ability to reforge either the hit or expertise to crit, mastery, haste, or spirit)
    4) Pros and cons refer to the benefits and the problems associated with something.
    5) DR is short for diminishing returns. It refers to two things. For stats, it means that the more points you have in a stat (let's say, dodge), the more points you require to gain an additional percent of that stat (so it takes more dodge to get from 11% dodge to 12% dodge than it does to get from 10% dodge to 11% dodge). It also refers to abilties... the more you use an ability on an enemy, the less it affects them. This part isn't really relevant to PvE players. It's really there for PvP. For all intents and purposes, as far as brewmasters are concerned, when people talk about DR, they're talking about stat DR.

    As for your profession choices, do note you can only have two, so pick wisely. I'd recommend that you not pick a secondary one permanently if you do choose to level one as a way to supplement a primary profession. They really don't provide much benefit at endgame, especially with your farm being able to provide you plenty of mats.

  7. #2467
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    1) staggered or staggering means that a physical attack has been affected by stagger (which is explained in the guide.)
    2) Damage over Time.
    3) reforging is a process you can use with the etherals in your faction capital (talk to a guard in Stormwind / Orgrimmar / your Pandaria city) which allows you to change the secondary stats on an item to another secondary stat, as long as it is not already present on that item (so if you have a weapon with hit and expertise on it, you have the ability to reforge either the hit or expertise to crit, mastery, haste, or spirit)
    4) Pros and cons refer to the benefits and the problems associated with something.
    5) DR is short for diminishing returns. It refers to two things. For stats, it means that the more points you have in a stat (let's say, dodge), the more points you require to gain an additional percent of that stat (so it takes more dodge to get from 11% dodge to 12% dodge than it does to get from 10% dodge to 11% dodge). It also refers to abilties... the more you use an ability on an enemy, the less it affects them. This part isn't really relevant to PvE players. It's really there for PvP. For all intents and purposes, as far as brewmasters are concerned, when people talk about DR, they're talking about stat DR.

    As for your profession choices, do note you can only have two, so pick wisely. I'd recommend that you not pick a secondary one permanently if you do choose to level one as a way to supplement a primary profession. They really don't provide much benefit at endgame, especially with your farm being able to provide you plenty of mats.

    Thanks for the quick response, and I would like to say that your guide is really good and I think it helped a huge amount of people, thanks for taking the time to make it

  8. #2468
    Quote Originally Posted by Weylo View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, and I would like to say that your guide is really good and I think it helped a huge amount of people, thanks for taking the time to make it
    My pleasure, and thank you for the kind words!

  9. #2469
    Does andybody here know how many 1-tank-bossfights do we have in the new tier in 10m?

  10. #2470
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Does andybody here know how many 1-tank-bossfights do we have in the new tier in 10m?
    depends on how many paladins you have in your raidsetup. A few bosses where the only reason for "tank swap" is BoP'able, which is redonkulous, so on ptr testing our paladin tank solo tanked a few bosses that I probably would not be able to solo tank. (something i sincerely hope they change).
    Dont remember which bosses of the top of my head however.

  11. #2471
    Pandaren Monk Sunnydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lamp?
    Posts
    1,836
    its prob bad place to ask this but i need some BRM weakauras help. i wanna track my CHI with a NUMBER and not bars/dots etc, anyone got a thread for it?

  12. #2472
    Yes there is a thread for it, if you just type it into search. I'd do it for you, but I feel you should get practice, so you don't have to post before searching again.

  13. #2473
    Pandaren Monk Sunnydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lamp?
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Yes there is a thread for it, if you just type it into search. I'd do it for you, but I feel you should get practice, so you don't have to post before searching again.
    did you get any cool sunglasses in your being awesome package?... sarcasm if you didn't notice.

    and FYI. the THREAD im asking for, isnt a MMO thread, its the code FOR the string to weak auras. and since i searched before for this specific n couldnt find, i decided to ask, so get off that high horse and know what you are talking about before trying to look cool..
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-02-24 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typos

  14. #2474
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Yes there is a thread for it, if you just type it into search. I'd do it for you, but I feel you should get practice, so you don't have to post before searching again.
    This type of passive aggressive nonsense really isn't appropriate. We're here to help people with questions, not mock them for daring to lack knowledge.

    Kittycovox, I'm not sure if that exists (or if it does, nobody has made it known to me). The closest thing I can think of is the general Brewmaster weak auras on Sunnier's website: http://sunniersartofwar.com/brewmaster-weak-auras/

    It's a start, at least. Their weak auras for Chi aren't what you need though. Best thing to do is experiment with Weak Auras and see if you can figure something out, unfortunately.

  15. #2475
    Pandaren Monk Sunnydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lamp?
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    This type of passive aggressive nonsense really isn't appropriate. We're here to help people with questions, not mock them for daring to lack knowledge.
    atleast he can understand the actual question if he's gonna act like that

    anyways yeah ive checked that website, now im not super familiar with WA yet (still in learning process) so i dont know how much i can change and where from a already done string. ive tried some of those he have put up there but could barerly change anything on them:s

  16. #2476
    Mechagnome Chuupag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    677
    Kitty it may just take some playing with weakauras to get comfortable with it. If you take one of those chi auras and tweak it you could come up with what you are looking for. I'm not able to get ingame and fiddle with it myself right now, but if you copy that aura into 5, make each one visible only when it's numerical condition is met, and then change each icon to a number, you would have it. If anyone else can play with that before I can that would be cool too.

  17. #2477
    Hello all,

    First of all, thanks to Madgod for making this thread, it is a really nice compilation about Bm monk mechanics and gameplay.

    I would like to put out a question for you all, regarding BM max dps build (without having to gem full agi), so:

    - 7.5/7.5 Full haste build
    - 7.5/7.5 full crit build
    - 7.5/15 haste
    - 7.5/15 crit
    - Any mix of the others.

    Thanks in advance for your opinions.

  18. #2478
    Max DPS would probably be 7.5% hit, 15% exp, and then going for crit. It helps that this would also be a decent gearing strategy in 5.2, once you get 4 piece T15. Or well, the expertise is still not needed, but you can probably spare the stat points in T15 gear.

  19. #2479
    Erm took me a few seconds to search for this.. You mentioned searching before posting so i guess it has merit. Please search more thoroughly next time.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ter-Weak-Auras

  20. #2480
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    *snip* Chi in numbers *snip*

    Pastebin link.

    It shows at 50point font, in the minty green color for monks, shown only in combat while player=monk.


    You can change the size/color/placement from the dynamic group settings because it will apply to all children auras. But do not change the Display Text because that will also apply to all the children auras and this is where each chi point holds the number for display. If for some reason you want to change the number values, you would have to go into each child aura and change the text there.

    Each child aura is designed to trigger for each point of chi =1, =2, =3, =4, =5. Going to 5 allows for Ascension but the aura should function just fine for Power Strikes.

    Cheers
    Last edited by krykiett; 2013-02-24 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •