High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    maybe my dps is ridiculous high and my DK buddy can't just out-aggro me? jin'rokh hc when i'm in the water i'm just pushing so hard, he gets in trouble. any why would i reduce my amount of damage when i just drop my aggro? i can push my dps as far as it gets when i'm not careing about aggro.
    Oh no, it's not just you.
    I pull agro if I as much as look hard on the boss, I tried with the glyph, and standing still doing nothing for 10 sec (kinda the same thing tho)
    And I constantly pull agro of our druid.
    One kegsmash will instantly pull agro from the other tank, let alone if I dear to enter the water, heh.

Just right click the vengeance buff off and give your other tank a few seconds to attack the boss. Worked fine for me in t14. (My co tank was a druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Just right click the vengeance buff off and give your other tank a few seconds to attack the boss. Worked fine for me in t14. (My co tank was a druid)
    This nets you nothing except smaller heals smaller bubbles and probably less DPS.

Edit: Ok I'm kinda lying, you could buffer extra shuffle uptime if you were free to use all your globals... it still feels like a really meh solution though.
    Last edited by Trendy-Ideology; 2013-04-12 at 12:24 AM.

I'd rather have the less dps, than the boss attacking me after a tank switch.

So am I reading the patch notes wrong on the front page? What's all this about all specs having Rising Sun Kick? Or does this mean when/if a Windwalker switches to the other stances they still have RSK doing the same thing?

I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    So am I reading the patch notes wrong on the front page? What's all this about all specs having Rising Sun Kick? Or does this mean when/if a Windwalker switches to the other stances they still have RSK doing the same thing?

I'm confused.
    I remember times when Keg Smash did something similar. I doubt it means anything for the brewmaster spec.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    I'd rather have the less dps, than the boss attacking me after a tank switch.
    I'd rather have a co-tank that could hold threat and luckily I do. We both at the minimum have to hold off for 1 global and that's it. Especially in a 10m where tank dps can matter a bit more than 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I'd rather have a co-tank that could hold threat and luckily I do. We both at the minimum have to hold off for 1 global and that's it. Especially in a 10m where tank dps can matter a bit more than 25m.
    Pretty much this.

DPS matters. Heals matter. Bubbles matter.

My point, which I may not have articulated very well so hear me out here, is that if you drop veng, sure you can hit whatever buttons you want, but all you gain is shuffle uptime which you should be fine on anyway, if you don't drop it, you just press less buttons, do as much or more damage, have bigger heals, bigger personal bubbles, and bigger raid bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    The tank meta procs like crazy from initial tests. I was told, and not confirmed, but was told that tanks using the DPS metas will rarely proc because the PPM changes per spec. I am not sure if this is correct or not, but either way, if your main role is tanking, I suggest taking the meta. You just gave yourself a proccable Glyphed Divine Protection basically.
    Well, I wouldn't say that it's a 100% "reliable" fight to check it out on but, this is my WoL report on the tank meta on Horridon heroic 10. Our tactic makes me pick up all of the adds on the doors, and tank Horridon while running between gates (Pally HoPs himself during this time). I take a couple of stacks until War God jumps down, and pick up War God. Obviously switching on last phase (until we die).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=5724&e=6436

Fortitude 23 procs 265.1 seconds 37.2 % uptime

Considering that I wasn't always being hit, a 40-50% uptime (assuming you have something hitting you) seems pretty awesome thus far. So, 20% reduced physical damage for potentially half of the duration that you're tanking makes it a pretty awesome meta.

- From the Procs and Duration; it seems that it can proc while it's already up (which can be unfortunate if it clips a lot of the time). - 23 procs * 15 seconds = 345 seconds, whereas that reads it as 265 seconds.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-04-12 at 02:42 AM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say that it's a 100% "reliable" fight to check it out on but, this is my WoL report on the tank meta on Horridon heroic 10. Our tactic makes me pick up all of the adds on the doors, and tank Horridon while running between gates (Pally HoPs himself during this time). I take a couple of stacks until War God jumps down, and pick up War God. Obviously switching on last phase (until we die).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=5724&e=6436

Fortitude 23 procs 265.1 seconds 37.2 % uptime

Considering that I wasn't always being hit, a 40-50% uptime (assuming you have something hitting you) seems pretty awesome thus far. So, 20% reduced physical damage for potentially half of the duration that you're tanking makes it a pretty awesome meta.

- From the Procs and Duration; it seems that it can proc while it's already up (which can be unfortunate if it clips a lot of the time). - 23 procs * 15 seconds = 345 seconds, whereas that reads it as 265 seconds.
    I am seeing far worse results on Heroic Dark Animus. This is over 27 attempts some short, some long, some close to kills. The RNG is really whacked. Some fights I had close to 50% over 4 mins, and others was 15% over 4 mins. I had a 16% uptime on a 5min attempt.

Fortitude 141 1742.5 16.2 %
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-04-12 at 05:18 AM.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

In comparison, here's a full log of 8 LFR bosses with the capacitance meta equipped (forgot to turn combat logging on for Jin'rokh, but I checked recount and capacitance was ~9.3% of my total damage): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9eucif12bl6aytyb/

I checked various single target fights like Megaera, Primordius, and Jin'rokh and the meta is consistently worth ~10% of my overall damage. It obliterates the agile primal meta to smithereens, and will easily add 20-30k to the raid dps when/if I equip it. The value seems to go down if it's an aoe fight (makes sense, you do more aoe damage and it procs the same number of times) but it still beats the snot out of the usual agi meta.

Honestly, if the above results of ~30% uptime on the buff turns out to be correct, it's a pretty big dilemma over which to equip even for heavy damage fights, and is an absolute no-brainer to use on fights that don't stress tank damage like Megaera and Twins.

Yea, like I said. Some fights it was nice, other fights I never saw it proc and was like WTF. 16% over 5 mins is really low and this is a constant dmg fight. The bad part is from my understanding it only procs on hit/absorb and there are no class modifiers so guardian druids and monks will suffer when we dodge I think.

Hi,

Sorry for (probably) an obvious question and answer but my Brewmaster is approaching lvl 90 now (I should get him there over the weekend) and I'm just planning ahead slightly in terms of gear to get ASAP.

I was wondering - is there any difference between tanking with a 2 handed weapon (like a staff) or with 2x1 handed weapons? Or is it just purely what you think looks better and what luck you happen to have to get the loot in the first place? Should you have a different rotation for one or the other? I know DK tanking with 2x1 handed weapons doesn't work anymore - but is it good for monks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Hi,

Sorry for (probably) an obvious question and answer but my Brewmaster is approaching lvl 90 now (I should get him there over the weekend) and I'm just planning ahead slightly in terms of gear to get ASAP.

I was wondering - is there any difference between tanking with a 2 handed weapon (like a staff) or with 2x1 handed weapons? Or is it just purely what you think looks better and what luck you happen to have to get the loot in the first place? Should you have a different rotation for one or the other? I know DK tanking with 2x1 handed weapons doesn't work anymore - but is it good for monks?
    Stats are a bit different (amount of stamina, agility, weapon enchants and secondaries) but both are viable. And no you won't need to do anything differently. The only difference in playstyle is probably that elusive brew stacks generate "smoother" when dual-wielding, while when you have a staff/polearm, you will get them in slightly bigger chunks (and with low gear that means you can get unlucky from time to time I suppose). In general just go what the loot tables offer you, and if you do have a choice, pick the highest ilvl, and if they are the same, pick the best secondaries I suppose.

I see that it costs 5x Primal Diamond to buy more legendary metas. Sounds like I might want to be swapping quite a bit if it really adds 20k-30k dps. Time to stock up on Primal Diamonds.
    Barleyclaw - Axis - Dark Iron US

Deleted
    Was contemplating what to use my 3rd coin on but twins seems a good option now that I wouldn't mind a spare helm to swap meta-gems.

Edit: ima cry if I get random bracers with 800+ hit on tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Was contemplating what to use my 3rd coin on but twins seems a good option now that I wouldn't mind a spare helm to swap meta-gems.

Edit: ima cry if I get random bracers with 800+ hit on tho.
    Would you rather have dodge/mastery? or dodge/parry?

I'd be happy with anything that's Hit Haste Exp Crit.

You'll eventually be able to sidegrade off most of your hit, I would imagine. I'm currently @ 520 ilvl and having no issues with too much hit even with a few hit gems.

So here's a sick irony for you.

WW head is as far as I'm concerned my BrM BiS ... but if I'd used it for BrM it'd've given me 4pc.

And because of coins giving me tons of tier I already have, I now have 3pc for both specs.

It really depends on how much haste you like to have. I've been wondering about a BiS list for the crit build for a while now, and pre-thunderforged/Ra-den, I've been thinking it's the gloves off Primordius, due to the extra socket bonus, but I've probably completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    It really depends on how much haste you like to have. I've been wondering about a BiS list for the crit build for a while now, and pre-thunderforged/Ra-den, I've been thinking it's the gloves off Primordius, due to the extra socket bonus, but I've probably completely wrong.
    Lightning-Eye Hood plus 4pc tier is BIS.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Lightning-Eye Hood plus 4pc tier is BIS.
    How so? I imagined the crit/master from tier would be better than haste/mastery, and then crit/mastery/2 socket gloves over haste/exp/1 socket tier, reforging the mastery on both pieces?