10+ Year Old Account
    So here is a question. I'm looking at trying a mastery heavy build. Does anyone have any advice on any Prio changes? Or on which shado pan trinket to get?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urazaki/simple

This is my armory any help would be appreciated...

Also was away for awhile and my guild did a server transfer with some of us behind...Soooo yeah no normal raids for now.

Oh and am trying to farm the Coins for the legendary quests first phase....thus no gem in sha weapon...Also dancing steel is still waaay too expensive on my server...In short i'm tryinga mastery heavy build and looking for general advice. I am trying to follow enchant guides as best i can.

So if your guild transferred away and you're not doing normal raids, you're just doing LFR? Is that correct?

If so, what's your reasoning behind going with a mastery build? The damage in LFR is too trivial to make mastery worthwhile, imo. Personally I'd go with a crit build. Or find a raiding guild and then decide on a build based on whether they're doing 10 or 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconslicer View Post
    So if your guild transferred away and you're not doing normal raids, you're just doing LFR? Is that correct?

If so, what's your reasoning behind going with a mastery build? The damage in LFR is too trivial to make mastery worthwhile, imo. Personally I'd go with a crit build. Or find a raiding guild and then decide on a build based on whether they're doing 10 or 25.
    I'm doing LFR that's right but i have had WAAAY too many groups where bad pulls, my own mistakes(won't deny it) or healers..yeah trust me....I mean i;m keeping shuffle up using purifying brew from what i recall doing what i can to keep threat.

And yeah.....In short i'm trying some new things..A crit build is definitely a possibility.

As for my guild those of us who remain are rebuilding and making a branch on our original server.

In short working on improving.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    @SurrealNight: Catching up to your loot drops. Got the thunderforged kura-kura tonight. Then we worked on H Tortos lol.

So far the crit build is working nicely in 25H. But its just the earlier bosses for now. I just hate having to back off on tank swaps or I pull off 525il+ tanks =/ and I'm only 518il.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    @SurrealNight: Catching up to your loot drops. Got the thunderforged kura-kura tonight. Then we worked on H Tortos lol.

So far the crit build is working nicely in 25H. But its just the earlier bosses for now. I just hate having to back off on tank swaps or I pull off 525il+ tanks =/ and I'm only 518il.
    change stance or retreat. i sometimes put in the retreat glyph and got a cancelaura macro.
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    change stance or retreat. i sometimes put in the retreat glyph and got a cancelaura macro.
    That is really annoying though I use roll to me (why run there when you can roll) that I'd be constantly fiddling with it. I also forbid my hunters from MD'ing me unless it's adds or something that need picked up. Jin's swap occurs way before the extra agro drops.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    That is really annoying though I use roll to me (why run there when you can roll) that I'd be constantly fiddling with it. I also forbid my hunters from MD'ing me unless it's adds or something that need picked up. Jin's swap occurs way before the extra agro drops.
    I roll all the time like you to get places, or chi torpedo places when I'm bat kiting. And yea, I tell em not to MD to me, but I find this ironic this is the first time I've actually had this issue in the past few weeks in other guilds.

Changing to Tiger Stance to avoid pulling threat usually works fine. The exceptions are fights like Ji-Kun and Iron Qon where you have a nasty debuff that could destroy you in Tiger Stance.

We got Heroic Tortos last night! I hate bats! After some practice I usually would be fine, but particularly at the last 20% there were so many bats and rockfalls, and the new bat spawn timer coinciding with stomp... ugh -___-

We want to do Horridon next, but he's already dead this week and we have another night, so probably going to work on Iron Qon.

Deleted
    little question, Shekzeer offhand weapon mit double upgrade heroic vs Kura kura axe from twins... i think shekzeer + legendary+ double upgrade should be better or am i wrong?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    heroic fully upgraded shek'zeer should last you til heroic or even heroic thunderforged to replace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    heroic fully upgraded shek'zeer should last you til heroic or even heroic thunderforged to replace it.
    Stat weight wise the Claw still beats out a 541 Kura: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...46:42:35:31:27

I'd probably use Kura anyways but that +500 gem requires a huge iLevel boost to make it worth switching.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stat weight wise the Claw still beats out a 541 Kura: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...46:42:35:31:27

I'd probably use Kura anyways but that +500 gem requires a huge iLevel boost to make it worth switching.
    The weight scale is somewhat inaccurate, imo.

241 stamina + 494 secondary stats + 1000 offhand dps > 360 agility.

Heck, for me, the 494 secondaries alone beat the 360 agi. The 541 is more mitigation and more dps, both by a significant margin. I would accept the loss of 500 agi with any weapon that's 10 ilvls or higher.

Edit: Here's a comparison with better than default weights - looks like even normal TF is better.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...46:42:35:35:25
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-05-08 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    ty guys. gave it our paladin for LK solo or somewhat... bis should clearly be rnd loot agi shit or twins and animus weapons

Deleted
    we just did few hc bosses till now on 25men, wanted to share my thoughts :
    On Jin'rokh nothing special tbh , only problem would be pulling aggro from the other tank ,luckily i have a decent pala tank with me ,so aggro aint a problem.. thu retreat glyph isnt bad thing to use on this fight
    I found Horiddon way better putting a pala tank on the adds ,me on the boss the whole time , i can get up to 16 stack without a problem. BrM are really op for this fight. and i found that picking up the adds is way much easier for a pala than BrM, not that i failed on it ,it just felt bit easier on a pala tank.
    Tortos , we went with kitting the adds, we placed a rogue on the bats to keep on slowing and trying to trick all the new pats that come, i found out using Celerity , Chi burst, Charging Ox wave, Chi torpedo is a must.. new Bats are coming , 1 or 2 times chi Torpedo , target the new bats, Chi burst, throwing barrels and use Charging ox wave whenever the new ones are coming from infornt of me.
    Mageara, we actually got the last head to 7% then wiped, but we did it with 3 tanks ,me on the adds always , and i really found this way bit easy to handle the adds.

eu .battle.net/ wow/en/character/arathor/panboo/simple
    thats my link, some reforging arent perfectly right , as mostly i change bit of mastery into crit if i know the fight is on farm.

w w w.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-06rsw63wr64gcbme/sum/damageDone/
    logs from today.

Deleted
    Does anyone know why dps on twins is so of the charts? It really doesn't feel like they hit hard at all compared to some other bosses (primo, durumu, lei shen for example) yet my dps on them is mental (and looking at world of logs it's not just me).

Lulin is just an average 100k vengeance. The reason for the high numbers is suen. The ticking aoe sustains your vengeance for much longer at a higher lvl than normal melee attacks would. When you get fan of flames you spike in vengeance, that spike comes down VERY slowly because the aoe ticking is also affected by the debuff, hence tanks have unusually large vengeance on that encounter.

Good morning gents. Another beginner question here (I have watched vids, read articles, still need some clarification). With regards to the Monktimers addon. I dont understand the numbers on the stagger bar. there are two numbers separated by a slash. Does it signify (stacks) / (damage per stack) ? If so why do the stacks not tick down all the way to zero after combat? I had only one fight (training at the temple) with the addon and realized the stagger disappeared after 14/236 (thats an example not actual numbers displayed.

Thanks in advance. Trying to better understand the stagger mechanic and when to "cleanse" it before I hit 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Lulin is just an average 100k vengeance. The reason for the high numbers is suen. The ticking aoe sustains your vengeance for much longer at a higher lvl than normal melee attacks would. When you get fan of flames you spike in vengeance, that spike comes down VERY slowly because the aoe ticking is also affected by the debuff, hence tanks have unusually large vengeance on that encounter.
    You can actually get a lot of cleave damage in on that fight as well. First phase I take all three beast of nightmares for both the cleave damage and vengeance boost and Xuen absolutely wrecks the 1st one. Then if your lucky Suen will pop in close enough to pick up some KS damage. I think I've had a few fights where I had Lulin + Beast up and Suen appeared next to me to do that channel fire so I started doing SCK until she disapeared lol.

Overall it's a fun fight for us I think, know our other tank is jealous at how easy it is for me to roll over to the ice comets when they spawn.
    [/URL]

Then if your lucky Suen will pop in close enough to pick up some KS damage. I think I've had a few fights where I had Lulin + Beast up and Suen appeared next to me to do that channel fire so I started doing SCK until she disapeared lol.
    You can just taunt Suen when she first appears and she'll move right to you. Then, everytime she spawns she'll be in this position. It's actually great opporunity for damage dealers to cleave aswell.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    You can just taunt Suen when she first appears and she'll move right to you. Then, everytime she spawns she'll be in this position. It's actually great opporunity for damage dealers to cleave aswell.
    Good to know. I'll try that next lockout.

Regarding high BrM damage, I noticed that the stacking DoT from Beast of Nightmares was showing up in my log as damage I had done. I wonder if this isn't also affecting the overall dps numbers, especially because I take every beast.