Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got H Megera down tonight! Heroic Thunderforged shoulders for me woot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Got H Megera down tonight! Heroic Thunderforged shoulders for me woot.
    So? Message?
    13/13

Monk

I have a kinda mean question...

But I'm honestly curious.

Why would you be a WW main when BrM do so much damage?

My OS is WW, and every time I DPS I'm just kinda sitting there going "Why am I not tanking this is a waste of everyone's time" - Mind you I'm still in the top half of the pack, competitive with our better dps (they're still beating me most of the time but not by much) but I just can't help but feel like I'm doing more for the raid by tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Why would you be a WW main when BrM do so much damage?
    You don't like tanking and/or you have 2 excellent tanks already, so go DPS instead? Yeah, Brewmasters are very high DPS, but assuming you're not abusing vengeance then a WW will always beat a Brewmaster in single target damage.

I do feel as though more needs to be done to boost WW utility, but then we get into the topic of Windwalkers, and this is the BrM thread. So for the Brewmaster side of things... If you have a solo tank fight, then it's probably better for the other tank to switch to their DPS spec rather than you. Assuming DPS is the issue, and the other tank doesn't have some amazing ability that is required for the fight. Brewmaster's have more utility than Windwalkers, and other tanks generally keep their utility while in their offspec, while Brewmasters lose a big part of theirs (ox statue).

Deleted
    Yeah so, any tips für Lei Shen 10 Heroic? Got Animus last night and will work on Lei Shen on Monday... Saw a frew 10 man vids and it seems that the transisions are the problems, am i right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    You can just taunt Suen when she first appears and she'll move right to you. Then, everytime she spawns she'll be in this position. It's actually great opporunity for damage dealers to cleave aswell.
    hah worked great moved myself up to # 30 on that fight (normal but whatever).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    hah worked great moved myself up to # 30 on that fight (normal but whatever).
    Don't let the haters hate.

We did our 25m transition and I'm happy as a clam to be demolishing a new set of rankings.

CG on your new rankings

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You don't like tanking and/or you have 2 excellent tanks already, so go DPS instead? Yeah, Brewmasters are very high DPS, but assuming you're not abusing vengeance then a WW will always beat a Brewmaster in single target damage.

I do feel as though more needs to be done to boost WW utility, but then we get into the topic of Windwalkers, and this is the BrM thread. So for the Brewmaster side of things... If you have a solo tank fight, then it's probably better for the other tank to switch to their DPS spec rather than you. Assuming DPS is the issue, and the other tank doesn't have some amazing ability that is required for the fight. Brewmaster's have more utility than Windwalkers, and other tanks generally keep their utility while in their offspec, while Brewmasters lose a big part of theirs (ox statue).

Yea... I know, mostly just thinking out loud.

The point you brought up about utility is a large part.

Part of my reason for feeling that way is it's not about how much DPS a WW does, it's about how much DPS a BrM does compared to other tanks.

If a tank does 50k, and a good DPS does 100k, and my BrM is doing 100k, and the other tank's offspecs do 75k...

You're either looking at 5 DPS in 10m, doing 500k dps, with two tanks doign 50k, for a total of 600k dps, or 4 dps doing 100k, 1 tank OS doing 75k, one BrM doing 100k, and one tank doing 50k, for a total of 625k dps. Basically even if a tank offspec does less DPS than my WW spec, it's still a net gain to have me tank.

It's frustrating, because I like DPS'ing, but I feel like it's a poor use of my toon atm.

It's frustrating, because I like DPS'ing, but I feel like it's a poor use of my toon atm.
    I have to agree with this. I loved to switch to WW during 5.0 and 5.1 raids. I was viable and was always in the top 5 on dps(was in a 25man at that time). The gear was identical too. Now I have a Crit/Haste only set for tanking and not many mastery pieces for WW. In fact I pass all mastery agi gear to our rogue. Just last night I passed an i541 hit/mastery neck off H Mag to him. I felt sick, but it was the right thing to do bc I'm over hit cap and have little use for mastery in 10man H. I also don't have RoR trinket, so this makes playing WW problematic for me.
    So we have had our War gear for his 2nd spec - Fury. So I've been passing all the tier tokens to him as well to gear up faster. I just can't justify playing WW, when everytime I switch to it my Dmg/dps is sooo much lower than if I had just stayed BrM on that fight. It's very starnge bc in previous xpacs this would never have even been a question. You would always have to play your dps spec with dps gear to do more damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Genoqt View Post
    Yeah so, any tips für Lei Shen 10 Heroic? Got Animus last night and will work on Lei Shen on Monday... Saw a frew 10 man vids and it seems that the transisions are the problems, am i right?
    Here you go:

- It will take quite a few pulls to down him. Weeks later after the 1st 10m kills and everyone is in better gear, it still takes a lot of pulls to get it all down for progressing guilds.
    - Assign tank roles and stick to them. There really should be one main tank and its whoever does the most dmg with the vengeance. It isn't easy for tanks to swallow their pride like that because everyone wants to see big numbers, but you will get farther in the long run.
    - Soak a Decapitate with Zen Med. Like literally up in his face, but do not be tanking the boss at the time. Have a Paladin salv you once you get your 270k vengeance.
    - You can solo a platform. Place healing spheres down to heal yourself after bouncing bolt soaks.
    - Helm of command? No problem, use Tiger's Lust and roll to deal with command and bouncing bolts.
    - If vids interest you, check out ours at our website: http://www.nightmare-asylum.com Choose the Multimedia/Kill Videos sections and choose Lei Shen

The Balls of Lightning are priority to kill in final phase, so when your raid group gets there consistently and you find your dps lacking, switch over to RJW for additional burst damage.

I don't really want to lay out everything because part of the fun is learning the encounter, but if you have more questions, just ask.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    I have to agree with this. I loved to switch to WW during 5.0 and 5.1 raids. I was viable and was always in the top 5 on dps(was in a 25man at that time). The gear was identical too. Now I have a Crit/Haste only set for tanking and not many mastery pieces for WW. In fact I pass all mastery agi gear to our rogue. Just last night I passed an i541 hit/mastery neck off H Mag to him. I felt sick, but it was the right thing to do bc I'm over hit cap and have little use for mastery in 10man H. I also don't have RoR trinket, so this makes playing WW problematic for me.
    So we have had our War gear for his 2nd spec - Fury. So I've been passing all the tier tokens to him as well to gear up faster. I just can't justify playing WW, when everytime I switch to it my Dmg/dps is sooo much lower than if I had just stayed BrM on that fight. It's very starnge bc in previous xpacs this would never have even been a question. You would always have to play your dps spec with dps gear to do more damage...
    The rogue gear = monk gear so chances are he is over hit as well. The brooch is BIS for us, so don't just pass on stuff because you look at the initial stats. Do your homework.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Here you go:

The rogue gear = monk gear so chances are he is over hit as well. The brooch is BIS for us, so don't just pass on stuff because you look at the initial stats. Do your homework.
    Yes I know it's BIS for us too, but he will use it for a while until I see the next one and/or drop some more hit gear. TBH I might prefer the H Talisman of Living Poison off Horridon as well.
    I just looked at his stats. Weird he is actually under hit and exp caps. He is a good player who ranks every week like I do, so I'm sure he has his reasons: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Scirx/advanced
    Both of us at same ilvl and I can't get rid of all my hit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hjedi/advanced

Deleted
    Kay perfekt Gynshon its more then enough! i thought about a few things u mentioned such as the zen med stuff.

and ur absolutely right the fun of learning a boss is to get the tricks out and progress him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    - Soak a Decapitate with Zen Med. Like literally up in his face, but do not be tanking the boss at the time. Have a Paladin salv you once you get your 270k vengeance.
    All BrM should be doing this even in N, no reason to avoid it the standard way. On normal (don't know if timing changes on heroic) if you do the pulling the first Decapitate happens transitioning to the next pillar so I just Zen Med and tag along if he is moving with the glyph and then pop Xuen after I get my free vengeance payday.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I have a question about Decapitate soaking, actually; we don't have any paladins in our raid at all. Without a threat drop, that Vengeance pile is going to tear aggro off my other tank pretty fast. Should I be glyphing Retreat, or just tank him with the debuff anyway, or what? This is on 10N.

Your vengeance will drop after successive hits, so just keep tanking and use a cooldown I guess. Kind of rare to not have a single paladin?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Yeah, I hear they're pretty popular, but we just don't have any active in guild this expansion, and recruitment hasn't turned up much. No warlocks either, so half the raid's fighting for Protector tokens while our priests have all the offspec tier they want. So it goes.

Just got heroic ji-kun in 10 man. Going to try horridon next. Does anyone have some tips and tricks for him as a BrM tank to help minimize the learning curve on this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbears View Post
    Just got heroic ji-kun in 10 man. Going to try horridon next. Does anyone have some tips and tricks for him as a BrM tank to help minimize the learning curve on this fight?
    Every door we can use RoP and Grapple weapon lowering damage tons. we can also pick up the orb that the dinomancers drop and break the channel by using SCK. We can also help dispel on doors 2 and 3, Overall Brewmasters bring a lot of utility on this boss

Thanks for the tips, I figure ill be spinning a lot so should I use rushing jadr over xuen? My other tank is a dk do well be using army on 3rd door. And that leaves me taking door 4 so ill be tanking the bears which seem to do redic dmg.

id use Xuen due to the fact it can and will purely tank a add by itself. and I personally tank all 4 doors with our Prot pally on boss and I use fort brew on door 2 and 4 which usually levels out the Bear dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    All BrM should be doing this even in N, no reason to avoid it the standard way. On normal (don't know if timing changes on heroic) if you do the pulling the first Decapitate happens transitioning to the next pillar so I just Zen Med and tag along if he is moving with the glyph and then pop Xuen after I get my free vengeance payday.

Don't know how you managed to conclude "all BrM should be doing this", except for a DPS PoV which is not a problem in NM.
    The other tank just wait in the next quadrant of the rotation for the first pillar when seeing "4 sec before Decapitate" and taunt it right when it occures while the first tank stay there for a while. The pillar is at 96 energy this way.

For the other, I Just move the boss during / after a thunderstruck but we switch tank after each Decapitate.