High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    does anybody noticed, that ox guard will jump to friendly targets and not to only party or raid members?
    When I run around on the Isle of Thunder doing my dailies, I'll throw my statue down while fighting all the rares and it'll guard other people nearby. Kinda cool.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

well, kinda bad if you want to test a weak aura raid wide guard tracker and 3 raid members are standing right next to you but the guard buff jumps on targets afk at the mailbox...
    13/13

Monk

So im kinda behind the legendary questline (18 secrets atm), and i was looking at the 5.4 cape enchantment thingies. So am i supposed to get the weird agility "tanking cape" with dodge and mastery, when i get to that part, or can i put the tanking enchantment on the agility dps cloak, that has better stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    So im kinda behind the legendary questline (18 secrets atm), and i was looking at the 5.4 cape enchantment thingies. So am i supposed to get the weird agility "tanking cape" with dodge and mastery, when i get to that part, or can i put the tanking enchantment on the agility dps cloak, that has better stats?
    We don't know yet. Wait for further PTR builds.

I would wait until we really know. but here is the deal. the tank enchant is THAT powerful i would recommend to get it for all of the raid comp. and i THINK blizz will avoid that, so the cloak enchants maybe get some restrictions…
    13/13

Monk

I'm taking 'dps one'. Dmg shouldn't be that high in 10 man that it would matter.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    I would wait until we really know. but here is the deal. the tank enchant is THAT powerful i would recommend to get it for all of the raid comp. and i THINK blizz will avoid that, so the cloak enchants maybe get some restrictions…
    An excellent point. I could easily see an entire raid taking the cloak, then ignoring the boss' one-shot enrage mechanic and getting the kill on a boss. Or some other raid wiping ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I'm taking 'dps one'. Dmg shouldn't be that high in 10 man that it would matter.
    Yeah, but if the cloak doesn't scale with AP then the extra damage is kinda trivial for us. Whereas being able to survive a killing blow once per minute is pretty crazy. I've seen a fair few tank deaths stop an otherwise good attempt, so minimising those would be super useful.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2013-07-02 at 12:43 PM.

It might be useful, though I prefer dps stats to dodge cloak. We shall see when it's confirmed. In worst case I'll buy new one.

Dodge isn't that bad. Also, we're not really going to need much haste beyond what we naturally get on our gear, so honestly in 5.4 I can see us preferring dodge over haste.

The main issue with dodge is that crit gives us dodge AND extra DPS, while dodge is just that. Since the tanking cloak has crit anyway, you're not choosing between dodge and crit, so it's fine.

Despite being as much of a proponent of getting more "DPSey" armor and stuff compared to more traditional tanking items as I am, it's extremely hard to ignore a free 1 minute PASSIVE personal cooldown.

Really with these two cloaks all of the stats are useful to us, to varying degrees. I think the thing we should be looking at is the proc and how useful that is to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't die enough to justify it, 99 times out of 100 the attempt was lost prior to a tank death, and in those 1/100 moments, it was always due to some form of bad play from one/some/all of the members of the raid including myself.

Why do people think the dps proc will not scale with AP? Your weapon damage is calculated from attack power and the dps (or damage range) on a weapon equipped. Look at a rogue's sinister strike "An instant strike that causes X damage in addition to 145% of your normal weapon damage." That normal weapon damage is what is calculated on your character sheet which factors in AP. It is not the weapon damage range you see on the weapon itself.

So again, think of it as proccing free white attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Dodge isn't that bad. Also, we're not really going to need much haste beyond what we naturally get on our gear, so honestly in 5.4 I can see us preferring dodge over haste.

The main issue with dodge is that crit gives us dodge AND extra DPS, while dodge is just that. Since the tanking cloak has crit anyway, you're not choosing between dodge and crit, so it's fine.
    I disagree. We are losing 4p Purifier, so haste values will go up again because we are going to be hit harder, requiring more purifies, requiring more chi, etc etc etc.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I disagree. We are losing 4p Purifier, so haste values will go up again because we are going to be hit harder, requiring more purifies, requiring more chi, etc etc etc.
    Yeah but do you think that the desire for haste will outweigh the sheer amount we are bound to get with the ilvl increase?

I think that was the point Kisho was going for... that we're just going to have a crapton of it and getting dodge on our cloak instead of the haste would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Yeah but do you think that the desire for haste will outweigh the sheer amount we are bound to get with the ilvl increase?

I think that was the point Kisho was going for... that we're just going to have a crapton of it and getting dodge on our cloak instead of the haste would be fine.
    Yup, exactly. I gained about 2k mastery going from T14 to T15, without trying for it. If we see a similar gain in Haste, then I'd probably be around 5-6k haste, which should be enough after losing 4 piece T16. Also, it's only one item slot; the rest can get as much haste as you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    Why do people think the dps proc will not scale with AP? Your weapon damage is calculated from attack power and the dps (or damage range) on a weapon equipped. Look at a rogue's sinister strike "An instant strike that causes X damage in addition to 145% of your normal weapon damage." That normal weapon damage is what is calculated on your character sheet which factors in AP. It is not the weapon damage range you see on the weapon itself.

I haven't tested it and the text I read didn't confirm AP scaling, so I'm waiting to see.

I'm still thinking if it scales with AP dps cloak for sure, if it doesn't then the 900 dodge & tank proc > 900 haste & small dps increase.

Partly because the tooltip doesn't mention it, and partly because Blizzard have said they don't like tanks doing so much damage. To then give us a legendary proc that scales with Vengeance would be kind of contradictory.

Of course, it might still scale with AP. If it does, then yeah, it'll be awesome and we should use it. The tank enchant is still super nice though, so y'know. Decide on a per boss basis.

I haven't tested it and the text I read didn't confirm AP scaling, so I'm waiting to see.

I'm still thinking if it scales with AP dps cloak for sure, if it doesn't then the 900 dodge & tank proc > 900 haste & small dps increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Partly because the tooltip doesn't mention it, and partly because Blizzard have said they don't like tanks doing so much damage. To then give us a legendary proc that scales with Vengeance would be kind of contradictory.

Of course, it might still scale with AP. If it does, then yeah, it'll be awesome and we should use it. The tank enchant is still super nice though, so y'know. Decide on a per boss basis.
    I can't think of a single attack based on weapon damage that didn't scale with AP. It would be pitiful proc for melee if that was the case, not just for tanks.

If they don't want us to do so much damage, it will come in the form of a vengeance nerf (like 10% of health someone around here tossed out).

**EDIT**
    Granted I can't think of a "proc" doing weapon damage, so this could be a first. Also, if Blizzard want to shaft tanks with the dps part of the legendary, they just adjust the RPPM of the cloak to be stupid low for tanks.

**EDIT #2**
    The only thing I can find that would resemble this is Windfury, and Sword Specialization from TBC and Vanilla. Both of those abilities scale with the weapon damage on the weapon itself AND your AP.
    Last edited by Dimzum; 2013-07-02 at 08:54 PM.

I can't think of a single attack based on weapon damage that didn't scale with AP. It would be pitiful proc for melee if that was the case, not just for tanks.

If they don't want us to do so much damage, it will come in the form of a vengeance nerf (like 10% of health someone around here tossed out).

**EDIT**
    Granted I can't think of a "proc" doing weapon damage, so this could be a first. Also, if Blizzard want to shaft tanks with the dps part of the legendary, they just adjust the RPPM of the cloak to be stupid low for tanks.

**EDIT #2**
    The only thing I can find that would resemble this is Windfury, and Sword Specialization from TBC and Vanilla. Both of those abilities scale with the weapon damage on the weapon itself AND your AP.
    I'm probably being paranoid. That's really just my reason that could make the dps cloak no good for tanking. It's probably going to scale with AP and be like another extra meta gem, AKA meta gem and cloak = 20% of our dps.

4000 posts, my has this come a long way since MoP.

Also, it'll be too retarded for blizzard to not give the Xuen Legendary AP scaling, not only for tanks, but for melee as well. If it comes down to it, they have other ways to deter out tanks from taking it.

Still, there really is absolutely no point in discussing the Legendary procs right now. The numbers haven't been adjusted, th eRPPM hasn't been announced, we're just assuming too many variables.
    Last edited by Zonex; 2013-07-03 at 07:27 AM. Reason: derp