Deleted
    We are on farm since a month or two so basiclly the whole guild is BiS so its all about optimizing my monk for 5.4 atm

Just so you know Elva... this thread had that info

Section 16 is your friend. It's got most everything that is debated about brewmaster gearing and the like.

Thank you based GC

5.4 Patch notes update
    "Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger now has a pet control bar for Xuen, and the talent is no longer on global cooldown for all Monk specializations."

This is how it should be. Bummer it took this long, but better late than never.

i'm looking for advice.
    i can use my 4 set or i could use
    rockfall ribwraps(TF) 2/2 upgraded and Wallwalker Spaulders 2/2 upgraded.
    its hard to decide..

then there's trinks. im using TF bad juju and the hit VP one but i could use the Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire. to drop the hit. really at a lost any help would be really helpful.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9ar/simple

Deleted
    Is there some kind of rotation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GloriousBastard View Post
    Is there some kind of rotation?
    Read the front page. That or log in and play for 5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Read the front page. That or log in and play for 5 mins.
    Or both.

To answer your question though, Bastard, there is no rotation. Instead, there's a priority of abilities. This guide tells you what your abilities are, what they do, and when you should use them. All based off of just looking at tooltips, for the most part, actually

Brewmasters are fairly self-explanatory creatures. Take the time to learn what your buttons do and you'll be fine. I subscribe to the idea that figuring things out for yourself will make you a better player. I give you the ingredients, but you have to mix them and cook them to get your meal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I give you the ingredients, but you have to mix them and cook them to get your meal.
    Which means you're gonna burn yourself or the food a few times, but that's part of the learning curve.

Anyone here solo tanked heroic Durumu? I normally solo tank on normal mode and we have 1 ret paladin who BoPs me to drop the mortal strike debuff and the boss dies before we need another BoP. Would 1 ret with clemency be enough to solo tank?

I googled it and there's a thread where someone says 1 paladin isn't enough, not sure if they used clemency though.

edit:
    We have a Feral druid who could probably HotW tank it for a bit as well.

edit2:
    Did some math, looks like we should definitely kill the boss before the 3rd rotation gives me too many stacks so 1 pally with clemency will be enough. It is not enough if you have to make it to the 10 min enrage if I understand it properly, at which point our feral would need to HotW tank.
    Last edited by Ampere; 2013-07-15 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Anyone here solo tanked heroic Durumu? I normally solo tank on normal mode and we have 1 ret paladin who BoPs me to drop the mortal strike debuff and the boss dies before we need another BoP. Would 1 ret with clemency be enough to solo tank?

I googled it and there's a thread where someone says 1 paladin isn't enough, not sure if they used clemency though.

edit:
    We have a Feral druid who could probably HotW tank it for a bit as well.

edit2:
    Did some math, looks like we should definitely kill the boss before the 3rd rotation gives me too many stacks so 1 pally with clemency will be enough. It is not enough if you have to make it to the 10 min enrage if I understand it properly, at which point our feral would need to HotW tank.
    1 paladin will Clemency should suffice. Monks are really good on that fight, dampen harm is sick and guard is even better, effectively ignoring the hard stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    1 paladin will Clemency should suffice. Monks are really good on that fight, dampen harm is sick and guard is even better, effectively ignoring the hard stare.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Hopefully our Durumu attempts go well and we can hit Primordius this week. I'm still hopeful about clearing the tier before 5.4, it would be awesome.

Any general advice for either of those two is welcome. I know on Primordius we have to be careful taunting the add because of Provoke's speed boost, and on Durumu some people were warning of Keg Smashing adds because it would kill the player it came from or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Any general advice for either of those two is welcome. I know on Primordius we have to be careful taunting the add because of Provoke's speed boost, and on Durumu some people were warning of Keg Smashing adds because it would kill the player it came from or something.
    Yes you can KS the Wandering Eye's which can be quite painful to the fixated player if they have a lot on them. I don't think it ever resulted in any deaths but in 25m there is better healer coverage too so maybe that is why. I like to save Fort Brew for the end of the maze phase as he always seems to go nutz when he opens up with Hard Stare and starts melee'ing again.

FYI I had rolled away from a Force of Will right as Ice Walls came up and had to spend 2/3 of a beam phase standing in bad stuff. Between Guard and EH spam I managed to survive until the raid rotated around and took down the last wall lol. I don't think some of the DPS that struggle with the maze were thrilled seeing me just sitting there not dying.

For Primordius try to keep him tanked near center but by one of the two doors that makes it the least likely a blood will spawn by him. We also have a plate DPS that watches to intercept the blobs if positioning is bad and then I peel off him. Balancing DPS properly seems to be the key to this fight we made some adjustments to how many people were focusing the blood's and basically one shot it after killing Dumu. Getting the bloods down fast enough so the tanks have time to get mutated + focus on finding the next add spawn helped a lot.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

H Primordius on 10m was surprisingly simple, imo. We did wipe, but only 5 times before downing him. My cotank and myself would swap the boss every 2 oozes, past the first one. We marked all the places where the ooze would spawn and someone would call out it's location. Sometimes rng will completely hose you. It happened in those wipes we had.

Attempting H Council, Megara and Durumuu this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I had a LoL moment tonight. We're progressing on Dark Animus, 10th pulls of the night and everyone is dead except me. He's at like 14 mil left and I solo him for 56 seconds spamming EH, Chi Wave, BoK, and Guard, the whole time my pally co-tank saying over vent "I hate you so much". We killed him he next attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I had a LoL moment tonight. We're progressing on Dark Animus, 10th pulls of the night and everyone is dead except me. He's at like 14 mil left and I solo him for 56 seconds spamming EH, Chi Wave, BoK, and Guard, the whole time my pally co-tank saying over vent "I hate you so much". We killed him he next attempt.
    Yea the Pally tank with a 50% reduction, 40% reduction tied to Holy Power, Word of Glory heals, Divine Shield to clear stacks, etc complaining. That is rich!

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefist View Post
    H Primordius on 10m was surprisingly simple, imo. We did wipe, but only 5 times before downing him. My cotank and myself would swap the boss every 2 oozes, past the first one. We marked all the places where the ooze would spawn and someone would call out it's location. Sometimes rng will completely hose you. It happened in those wipes we had.

Attempting H Council, Megara and Durumuu this week.
    Could you give any insignt/tips regarding this fight? We *might* try him this week although I've heard opinions that monks are not too good for this one.

Does H Primordius 10man need to be kite, or just tank him near centre all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Does H Primordius 10man need to be kite, or just tank him near centre all the time?
    Kited. You bring him to center initially and have your team focus on an area then kite him him so most remain behind him. Monks do get trucked by him so use cooldowns liberally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Could you give any insignt/tips regarding this fight? We *might* try him this week although I've heard opinions that monks are not too good for this one.
    Why would BrM be at a disadvantage on this fight? Our AoE'ers had to fight hard to keep me below them in DPS done to the ice walls. If anything it seems like it sucks for DK's (again) since the debuf fights their core AM mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Kited. You bring him to center initially and have your team focus on an area then kite him him so most remain behind him. Monks do get trucked by him so use cooldowns liberally.
    I never had any issues with him in 25m (at least with my gear) but of course if he gets the melee DPS buff + decides to dot you it gets nasty but is all RNG. Towards the end and he has lots of mutation stacks it gets kind of hairy but all our wipes were from bloods touching boss through tank derp or rest of the raid not stacking/spreading properly and getting picked off.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Why would BrM be at a disadvantage on this fight? Our AoE'ers had to fight hard to keep me below them in DPS done to the ice walls. If anything it seems like it sucks for DK's (again) since the debuf fights their core AM mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

I never had any issues with him in 25m (at least with my gear) but of course if he gets the melee DPS buff + decides to dot you it gets nasty but is all RNG. Towards the end and he has lots of mutation stacks it gets kind of hairy but all our wipes were from bloods touching boss through tank derp or rest of the raid not stacking/spreading properly and getting picked off.
    You raid 25 man, in 10m the tanks are always getting the dot plus the dps buff. Like I said, we get trucked. It is RnG but it happens more times than not from recollection.