10+ Year Old Account
    I was looking at the loot tables will have to see them a bit more before 5.4 hits live but the 4pc is probably needed as it can be a big heal from hitting purify and our stagger levels will be very high in heroic.

If I remember right the 4pc heals for an amount of current stagger so its seems pretty meh for some times like farming if you can get good warforged gear way later on in the tier that has better stats as your BiS

Only thing really bugging me about the loot tables is all the hit/expertise on gear. There is a lot of variety for different slots so it will probably be possible to avoid excess hit, but in a 10 man it gets really annoying when you get a lot of drops with hit rating. /rant

I'm still going to stack Crit for 10 man up to 76% at least (Crit cap for autoattacks with 2 hander afaik). I'll have both cloaks and probably two helms to swap metagems as needed. I'd imagine 10 man normals will do very little that will kill a tank and that's probably all I'll see for the first few weeks.

There's a lot less accuracy stats on 5.4 gear than what we have now. As a matter of fact, I think most people will be reforging and gemming for exp/hit to reach their caps with Orgrimmar gear.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, looking at my Brewmaster kit for 5.4, ill be gemming/reforging for a bunch of exp/hit as the gear has next to none.

My current loot list is here. It's probably not perfect, and trinkets may be problematic. Plus from the looks of it, 4p mightn't be worth it for 10m raiding.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing

Edit: Gearing for crit as I raid 10man
    Vale Minibars, Long live Felbars

So, is there some unspoken rule to have a haste rating of 4500? I've always thought you went haste until "comfortable"..?

It is and many ppl are fine with that number. i'm not and i go with 5600 something.
    13/13

Monk

I'm sitting at 3054 and I feel like I have more than enough energy regen...Idk I might go up to 4500 or higher, but running with ascension I feel fine. Then again I haven't been able to raid normals since I've been deployed so that could change in a month when I get back and start raiding regularly.

-Fixed a bug that caused the damage of some abilities for Brewmasters with Vengeance to scale incorrectly.

Has anyone found out how much dps lost will it be?

Deleted
    Double Tyrannical 1H or 2H Tyrannical?

Which is better for Brewmaster tanking?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Genai/simple

General critique is welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally have always liked DW better if given the choice between equal iLevel weapons, so if all are i489 that would be my suggestion.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Going for our first normal Lei Shen kill this week in 10 man.
    Any tips/pointers (glyphs, talents, etc). I figured I'd grab RJW, Chi Burst and Diffuse Magic. Wasn't sure about glyph'ing guard or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    Going for our first normal Lei Shen kill this week in 10 man.
    Any tips/pointers (glyphs, talents, etc). I figured I'd grab RJW, Chi Burst and Diffuse Magic. Wasn't sure about glyph'ing guard or not.
    Glyph guard, for sure. SO much magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Glyph guard, for sure. SO much magic damage.
    You are kidding right? Do not glyph guard. You don't even really need RjW if you have decent AoE in the group for 10m. Just make sure you position boss and yourself correctly for fusion slashes to prevent flying off the platform. It will be embarassing.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    You are kidding right? Do not glyph guard. You don't even really need RjW if you have decent AoE in the group for 10m. Just make sure you position boss and yourself correctly for fusion slashes to prevent flying off the platform. It will be embarassing.
    Yeah i have to agree with this i never felt the need to glyph guard or even grab diffuse magic for this fight.. Like Gynshon said make sure to position correctly for fusion slash, as well as make sure to trade off for decapitate properly. (As you get better gear and get more kills of this under your belt, this wont be as big of a deal)

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    -Fixed a bug that caused the damage of some abilities for Brewmasters with Vengeance to scale incorrectly.

Has anyone found out how much dps lost will it be?
    Rebalanced weapon damage vs vengeance. Multiply weapon dps by ~200. If you have more vengeance than that, dps loss (up to about 12% at max vengeance), if you have less than that, dps gain. For most brewmasters in most situations, it's a dps gain.

I'd imagine 10 man normals will do very little that will kill a tank and that's probably all I'll see for the first few weeks.
    I've managed to die in just about every fight between LFR and Flex, for what it's worth, multiple times occasionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Just make sure you position boss and yourself correctly for fusion slashes to prevent flying off the platform. It will be embarassing.
    Shhhh every tank needs a chance to derp off the ledge at least once during progression =P
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I've managed to die in just about every fight between LFR and Flex, for what it's worth, multiple times occasionally.
    What was the root cause of those deaths though? Was it something you could have prevented via different gearing or use of CD's?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Shhhh every tank needs a chance to derp off the ledge at least once during progression =P
    Never had that on lei shen I think. Did it on our first durumu kill normal tho (sub 5%) as tank.

What was the root cause of those deaths though? Was it something you could have prevented via different gearing or use of CD's?
    Sometimes derps, sometimes it was a wipe anyway, but most of the time it was just through relentless damage. Granted, the tuning isn't done, our ilvls were cut by a few dozen, and I have no boss mods, so it's not a completely fair comparison - yet, stuff is still pretty dangerous. I wouldn't underestimate the deadliness of the SoO bosses, at least not the first few weeks. Mastery gearing probably would've prevented about half of those deaths, correct cds the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Mastery gearing probably would've prevented about half of those deaths, correct cds the other.
    Did you do 10m as well as 25m testing? I'm sure the 25m testing at what like i520? was fairly brutal on tanks but curious if the damage ramps down enough in 10m for that not to be the case.

Since I'm doing 25m I'll be going in with at least enough mastery to proc RoRo (Tried it on H Lei Shen and was happy with the results) unless I can see it's obvious I could get by with more crit. Expecting to take 2-3 weeks to clear normal since we don't PTR practice and only raid 9-10 hours a week, so not like I'll be seeing heroics week two like some here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Never had that on lei shen I think. Did it on our first durumu kill normal tho (sub 5%) as tank.
    I've rolled off getting a bit over eager on pillar transitions but my co-tank has been fusion'd off twice which of course I tease him frequently about. Clearing P3 stacks for BrM is super easy at least.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-08-20 at 06:34 PM.
    [/URL]

What it's worth is totally subjective and dependent upon your situation, personal skill, healers' skill etc. If you're surviving fine, crit is more useful for progression, if you're dying, mastery will help keep you alive better.

Do keep in mind that human psychology essentially forces us to think we survive significantly more often than we actually do, and that most deaths were silly mistakes or otherwise preventable with the right cd that we're sure to press next time. Trust logs and only logs

Edit: Huh, the post I was replying to got deleted. Oh well.

Did you do 10m as well as 25m testing? I'm sure the 25m testing at what like i520? was fairly brutal on tanks but curious if the damage ramps down enough in 10m for that not to be the case.
    Nope, I "work" during Pacific times, so I'm never on for the fun testing, just the scraps they throw to us casuals during the weekends.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-08-20 at 06:47 PM.