we killed garrosh yesterday and i did that "add brew kite". very very easy. i think you can just "tank" the adds without even running around. i don't think they hit that hard.

phase 1, for me, is the hardest phase. our problem was that we wanted to tank the adds over the boss and just nuke them. since our dk had so much vengeance he pulled the aggro from those add , with garrosh hitting him, there was a chance, that he get stomped. so we swapped anytime he got aggro from the mobs. i took garrosh and he kited the adds to the firewheel. vice versa.
    13/13

Monk

Thanks for the suggestions One last question (before our raid tonight) I hope - which cloak did you use on your progression/kill? Tanking for unlucky situations or dps for shortening the encounter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    Im using 2 Heroic TOT trinkets and they seem pretty weak

What trinkets are you guys using Im pretty sure Harroms and Ticking are pretty good but what about the Crit on use (Garrosh) or the Cleave Trinket for multiple target bosses. Other than that most of the trinekts seem situational for fights where having a stam + AOE avoidance or CD reduction and stam would be helpful maybe?
    There was a pretty good discussion about the new over at EJ: http://elitistjerks.com/f99/t131791-...9_25_13_a/p34/

RoRo is obviously a strong contender, both for DPS and survivability depending on the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    The best thing about this tier's gear is that, when doing heavy progression, DW is still quite a lot better than a 2h when it comes to damage. But the beauty is in the fact that it is actually a much better survivability weapon set as well. Pushing the crit cap to 79% hardly increases our survivability via EB. However, while using RoRo and DW, it is easily possible to throttle crit at manageable levels ( ~60% paperdoll) and dump the rest into mastery. This way, you retain full effectiveness of crit, whilst incrementally increasing the value of RoRo (because more mastery) and also increasing survivability via mastery.

Funny how neat and tidy this ended up being.
    I agree that pushing to 79% 2H crit cap does not increase our survivability too much in the majority of fights, but why would you say that the RoRo Mastery+1 build benefits more from DW than 2H? Also, I looked at the best geared monk right now and reaching 60% crit while having more mastery will be a bit of a stretch while still progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions One last question (before our raid tonight) I hope - which cloak did you use on your progression/kill? Tanking for unlucky situations or dps for shortening the encounter?
    I used tank cloak for our first kill, switched to dps for second.

Would Rop be useful for interrupting on 3rd phase?

I used the dps cloak, mostly because any issues that would be the cause of me dying would be in phase 1 with all the adds up. And with that many adds up, the cloak proc is very very bad. If you honestly can't survive the hits in p2/p3, then you're doing something wrong on Garrosh. The only difficult time was when we just come out of sha phase and I need to move him, I'll just pop 15 stack of EB and a guard. Should have sufficient shuffle from the annihilate phase to not have to worry about that right away.

I don't reclal RoP working in p3 for us. I also don't think we had any melee get MC'd on our kill, so it could have been that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would Rop be useful for interrupting on 3rd phase?
    I was trying it out but our Melee DPS were complaining they remained disarmed after MC was broken so switched to Leg Sweep.
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    phase 1, for me, is the hardest phase. our problem was that we wanted to tank the adds over the boss and just nuke them.
    I've been picking up the P1 adds and burning them down myself with some keg tossing to pick up the new spawns. For the Iron Star we just put my Ox Statue in the path of the back one and DK Gorefiend Grasp's them right as the star is coming by or Druid tank typhoon's them so pretty much zero kiting.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-09-30 at 02:49 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

After reading so much (here, videos, etc) I'm kinda confused so forgive my silly question. When 3rd phase starts I tank Garrosh untill first adds appear and then I kite these (and remaining ones) for the reminder of the fight? Won't our other tank got eaten by garrosh in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I was trying it out but our Melee DPS were complaining they remained disarmed after MC was broken so switched to Leg Sweep.

I've been picking up the P1 adds and burning them down myself with some keg tossing to pick up the new spawns. For the Iron Star we just put my Ox Statue in the path of the back one and DK Gorefiend Grasp's them right as the star is coming by or Druid tank typhoon's them so pretty much zero kiting.
    Apparently disarms and silences are lasting double time on the MC's on that fight. It's rather dumb, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue honestly, so they can't cast/attack for a few seconds :P

If you put your statue in the middle of the path from where one side of the adds spawn, you can taunt your statue to aoe taunt those adds to you. It's better than throwing kegs because they actually get the 50% movement increase instead of the slowing debuff. Anything that helps get the adds to you faster so they can be cleaved down.

- - - Updated - - -

After reading so much (here, videos, etc) I'm kinda confused so forgive my silly question. When 3rd phase starts I tank Garrosh untill first adds appear and then I kite these (and remaining ones) for the reminder of the fight? Won't our other tank got eaten by garrosh in the process?
    If your dps is good, he'll be sub 20% when the adds spawn. If you really need to make it last to the second add spawn you can start cycling cooldowns on that tank. I know we didn't even make it to the second add spawn when we did it. He actually had 180m hp left when he started casting the first whirl. Just get the raid in a position where they can lust and nuke the boss super hard when he's casting the transformation. Just after the transformation goes out he's going to throw the axe, so be prepared to have the raid move just outside of it and keep nuking.

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post

I agree that pushing to 79% 2H crit cap does not increase our survivability too much in the majority of fights, but why would you say that the RoRo Mastery+1 build benefits more from DW than 2H? Also, I looked at the best geared monk right now and reaching 60% crit while having more mastery will be a bit of a stretch while still progressing.
    Hmm i never mentioned going RoRo Mastery + 1. I mean for general purposes its a better survivability increase. There are seldom few fights where you have to go mastery heavy. I've tanked Thok Hc10 with full crit RoRo t15 4set gear. All im saying is that, for people that balance mastery to acceptable levels, whilst keeping crit high; they now have the choice of getting crit up to 60% first (it has its full value there) and then dumping the rest into mastery, so the spread ends up being like 17k crit, 11k mastery. Of course if you do want to go mastery + 1, its a similar situation, your crit will be well below the crit softcap, so no crit will have been wasted.

Overall, a DW set is better than a 2h because its just more dps given the same stats, and usually more likeable as a playstyle. This just advocates that to a further degree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Hmm i never mentioned going RoRo Mastery + 1. I mean for general purposes its a better survivability increase. There are seldom few fights where you have to go mastery heavy. I've tanked Thok Hc10 with full crit RoRo t15 4set gear. All im saying is that, for people that balance mastery to acceptable levels, whilst keeping crit high; they now have the choice of getting crit up to 60% first (it has its full value there) and then dumping the rest into mastery, so the spread ends up being like 17k crit, 11k mastery. Of course if you do want to go mastery + 1, its a similar situation, your crit will be well below the crit softcap, so no crit will have been wasted.

Overall, a DW set is better than a 2h because its just more dps given the same stats, and usually more likeable as a playstyle. This just advocates that to a further degree.
    I assumed that you were still referring to your survivability build of RoRo + XX, the RoRo obviously being mastery proc (as any crit RoRo proc will bring you way over the crit cap and even for 2H will generate EB stacks faster than you can consume them).

I fully agree with DW being more fun as a playstyle, I'm just arguing that the fact that we now can easily hit the DW crit soft cap and dump some stats into mastery does not make DW more effective over 2H. Essentially what I mean is that if you don't intend to go over 60% crit the advantages and disadvantages of DW and 2H are exactly the same as the last patch and you probably should not sacrifice (too many) ilvls to DW if you have a high ilvl 2H.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I don't reclal RoP working in p3 for us. I also don't think we had any melee get MC'd on our kill, so it could have been that.
    Ring of peace does indeed work on the mindcontrolled players. In fact its probably 1 of the best silences for that since its up for every single one, moveable and has a fairly decent radius. Only problem with it seems to be, I constantly get yelled at since after the mc is broken, ring of peace seems to cause them to get silenced or disarmed for a few seconds more. Bah oh well, it works well and if you have a comp with lots of stuns like mine, leg sweep becomes pretty useless because of dr

Aren't they also not stunnable in p3? Yet another reason to not use Leg Sweep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weakauras question:

I recently adapted the Stagger aura from this website, http://sunniersartofwar.com/brewmast...auras/#stagger and it works fine for what it is, and I noticed how this aura shows the percent value of my stagger DoT as a numerical value...

but i was wondering if someone could explain to me, if possible, how to make the aura show show this percentage value as a progress-bar that mimics a brewmaster's default stagger bar as shown under our health/energy/chi displays in the character frame. Instead of a numerical percent value i think a progress-bar would be better visual feedback for me personally.

alternatively if anyone has a fresh aura or addon that in-and-of-itself that displays stagger as a progress-bar.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Aren't they also not stunnable in p3? Yet another reason to not use Leg Sweep.
    Just tried rop on p3 on garrosh as we didnt get it down the other night. Didnt seem to work

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adds in p3 are stunnable. I've stunned them myself. But my head is hurting right now so I may not be thinking of the right adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Adds in p3 are stunnable. I've stunned them myself. But my head is hurting right now so I may not be thinking of the right adds.
    Was talking about the MC'd people, not the spawned adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok wise elders of monky ways ^^
    I need help... with garrosh fight (10m normal) i have problem with surviving...mostly adds in 1st phase...

Our raid was:
    2 tanks me and pally tank
    2 healers Shammy restro and holy palla
    6 dps (2 locks 1 hunter 1 pally 1 rogue 1 shadow priest)

Pally tank takes garrosh and TRIES (tahts a key word) to take some adds but mostly i finish up having all adds on me (even if ge gets one pack on him i easlytake off his agro when i join him with my pack or start dpsing them down)

We use the Iron thingy mechanism to kill adds and then a problem comes with sec wave of adds i get them both and they simply eate me i see my stager goes to red in 1 sec even under cooldown (lets say guard or damen charm) some elusive brew (i try to use it on 10) and with shuffle up (thats where my problem begins imo because its kinda hard for me to keep it up). simply my stager goes red and i i dont achhe chi to use purrifing brew in 1 or 2 sec im dead healers say im unhealable there)

Ill add i tried to switch with pally so ill take boss and he takes adds but even if i dont use my flykick (i switched to Xuen then to make single target not aoe samage) i still took his agro off adds easly.

Thing is if we get to phase two its easy fo rme to survive (didnt try 3rd phase jet we didnt do taht well sadly).

My armory is here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eness/advanced
    Yes i know i have cute nick.

Please help :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glutek View Post
    Ok wise elders of monky ways ^^
    I need help... with garrosh fight (10m normal) i have problem with surviving...mostly adds in 1st phase...

Our raid was:
    2 tanks me and pally tank
    2 healers Shammy restro and holy palla
    6 dps (2 locks 1 hunter 1 pally 1 rogue 1 shadow priest)

Pally tank takes garrosh and TRIES (tahts a key word) to take some adds but mostly i finish up having all adds on me (even if ge gets one pack on him i easlytake off his agro when i join him with my pack or start dpsing them down)

We use the Iron thingy mechanism to kill adds and then a problem comes with sec wave of adds i get them both and they simply eate me i see my stager goes to red in 1 sec even under cooldown (lets say guard or damen charm) some elusive brew (i try to use it on 10) and with shuffle up (thats where my problem begins imo because its kinda hard for me to keep it up). simply my stager goes red and i i dont achhe chi to use purrifing brew in 1 or 2 sec im dead healers say im unhealable there)

Ill add i tried to switch with pally so ill take boss and he takes adds but even if i dont use my flykick (i switched to Xuen then to make single target not aoe samage) i still took his agro off adds easly.

Thing is if we get to phase two its easy fo rme to survive (didnt try 3rd phase jet we didnt do taht well sadly).

My armory is here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eness/advanced
    Yes i know i have cute nick.

Please help :/
    Ok, here are just some random thoughts on top of my head:

Are you sure you're not getting gimped during crit RoRo proc? (I honestly think this is the most likely cause)

You are not expertise capped, is that intentional?

Start tanking Garrosh then have your co-tank taunt him when adds spawn. Due to the way the new vengeance works you'll get much more vengeance from him (single target) than all the adds combined. Which means bigger heals and bigger guards. I would periodically taunt him back especially during add downtime to keep my vengeance high.

Don't be afraid to blow cooldowns, especially for the warsong thing. You won't need them for the intermission phase.

Make sure you don't waste any EB stacks. EB is a huge cooldown when tanking multiple adds, don't be afraid to use it just at 3-4 stacks unless you are specifically saving it for a warsong.

You'll probably get a huge amount of GotO orbs, don't let them go to waste.

I suggest the tanking cloak, DPS on adds on phase one is not hugely important assuming you are taking advantage of iron stars and knockbacks and unless you are playing perfectly it can help a lot throughout the fight.

You'll probably feel the need to compulsively purify every red stagger. Don't fall for that trap, only purify very high staggers (100+ % of your total health) and when you are sure you won't let shuffle drop/won't need a guard in the next second.

The simplest way to increase your Survivability would be to either drop RoRo for another trinket so you're not vulnerable when it procs OR put Mastery above Crit so you're nearly invulnerable (instead of vulnerable) during RoRo procs. However, this probably shouldn't really be necessary.

I find it strange that it's impossible for your Prot Pally to keep a couple adds off you with the significant Vengeance Garrosh gives. We were having our Brewmaster periodically taunt Garrosh for Vengeance to ensure he could keep the adds off our Prot Warrior. However, you can switch to the Tank cloak to reduce your AoE threat and protect yourself from gibs.

Having trouble with Shuffle uptime and not having Chi available for Purify (or Guard) likely means you're overusing Spinning Crane Kick (or Jab) and pushing back Keg Smash. On top of a CD, Elusive Brew, and Shuffle pooling some energy for Expel Harm in preparation for Warsongs should also protect you. If you can't keep yourself up with a few Expel Harms either you really are dying too fast for your healers to react or your healers are taking naps.

Of course, without logs it's hard to know what is or isn't happening to cause you to explode.