Alright I will switch out the gems.

The trinkets dropped in the runs I was in and they were better than what I had. Shooting for Haromm and Ticking as my generic trinkets unless different ones are better for a fight like Malkorok.
    Last edited by Silentturtle; 2014-01-31 at 07:19 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentturtle View Post
    Alright I will switch out the gems.

The trinkets dropped in the runs I was in and they were better than what I had. Shooting for Haromm and Ticking as my generic trinkets unless different ones are better for a fight like Malkorok.
    For Malkorok you'll want Rooks and the trinket from Malk that reduces the CD of your Fortifying brew and Zen med. That trinket is only useful if you get two blood rages during Malkorok, if not then TED is your next best bet for surviving.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Morning,

Anyone have any general tips for Spoils 10 Heroic? Am curious of taking RJW due to being a bit more controlled on box opening and thinking Xuen would be better for boss damage. Running with Tiger's Lust, Chi Wave & Healing Elixirs. I think we've nearly got the kill just need to clear some people's tunnel vision - dropping mines is good, keeping them not so good.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keddy View Post
    Morning,

Anyone have any general tips for Spoils 10 Heroic? Am curious of taking RJW due to being a bit more controlled on box opening and thinking Xuen would be better for boss damage. Running with Tiger's Lust, Chi Wave & Healing Elixirs. I think we've nearly got the kill just need to clear some people's tunnel vision - dropping mines is good, keeping them not so good.

Thanks!
    I haven't found RJW useful at all as our strat has us opening both massives, all mediums and only 4 smalls so AoE is pretty non existant. Everything sits still long enough after opening the crate that you can get a SCK in for aggro, or kegsmash as it'll tend to be up for most of the times you want to open a box anyway.

If you're opening a lot of smalls (which I would advise against due to the amount of sparks it spawns) then yeah, RJW may end up being better. Having xuen up for each massive crate though is a noticeable gain.

Rest of your talents choices are the same as what I've found best to work on the fight.

I use RJW while doing a similar strategy to yours british. On mogu side you've got the statues spawning (there're two that spawn so with the boss that's 3) and I park the large bosses in the middle where the other side's sparks will drop in so that I can help cleave them down with RJW as well.

We also open mediums in pairs as well as grabbing the smalls that we need along the way. So on mogu side you get the anima golem and the spirit w/ phylactery jar for 3 targets and on mantid side you've got the windwield + the priest summoning adds as well.

For small boxes I usually open them as I'm doing mediums which gives more targets and consider that the mogu have the urn (which spawns extra mobs) and the dogs (which come 4 at a time) for extra cleave damage.

Even if you don't gain a chi from RJW because it only hits two targets vs three, you should still be capable of maintaining shuffle and use guard when appropriate to gain the extra damage. The extra damage helps clear the medium adds, large statues, smaller adds, and sparks more quickly while also adding to your raid guards because of the cleaving.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Hi, this is my monk http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...8%D0%BE/simple
    Can someone give me general advice about tanking adds on Garrosh 10N phase 1. I randomly get oneshotted by them, because they are often aggroed by rdds, and while I go to aggro them, 5-6 adds hit me from back, or 10 adds just slap me into face, even when I aggroed all of them and hold them near Garrosh(I don't aoe stun them).
    Right now I am on my way to get tanking metagem.
    Last edited by Anufis; 2014-02-01 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    You're missing 2% worth of hit, that won't help for EB generation, 10k haste is way to high, I'd reforge some of it into Mastery to boost your stagger damage. I would change to the tanking meta, do you have any logs we can look at? Do you have a Hunter or Rogue in your raid comp? Misdirect & Tricks will help you get the adds.

Generally dealing with adds, Keg Smash and RJW will grab your aggro, just make sure Elusive Brew is up, use Guard if needed, use Ring of Peace once they're all aggroed to you. I would however advise using Xuen, it will have more benefits over the course of the fight and with high vengeance will cleave the adds as good as RJW.
    Last edited by mmoc58103573bd; 2014-02-01 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Unless I severely misunderstand the combat table, lacking hit will not hamper EB generation under the crit cap. It will however be detrimental to both chi generation and dps.

Back to topic: Call out for an external CD or use fort brew if you're dying to tanking adds buffed with Hellscreams Warsong. Ring of Peace also works like a charm.
    Last edited by mmoc35b313c120; 2014-02-01 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    I use RJW while doing a similar strategy to yours british. On mogu side you've got the statues spawning (there're two that spawn so with the boss that's 3) and I park the large bosses in the middle where the other side's sparks will drop in so that I can help cleave them down with RJW as well.

We also open mediums in pairs as well as grabbing the smalls that we need along the way. So on mogu side you get the anima golem and the spirit w/ phylactery jar for 3 targets and on mantid side you've got the windwield + the priest summoning adds as well.

For small boxes I usually open them as I'm doing mediums which gives more targets and consider that the mogu have the urn (which spawns extra mobs) and the dogs (which come 4 at a time) for extra cleave damage.

Even if you don't gain a chi from RJW because it only hits two targets vs three, you should still be capable of maintaining shuffle and use guard when appropriate to gain the extra damage. The extra damage helps clear the medium adds, large statues, smaller adds, and sparks more quickly while also adding to your raid guards because of the cleaving.
    It could be a comp thing. My side on spoils always has a hunter, ele shaman and fury warrior so I've never had to actually worry about killing the statues as they just get cleaved down naturally through Kegsmash, Chain lightning and beast cleave. Then you throw in mistweaver buff or brewmaster buff (sometimes both ^.^) and I just felt like RJW was devalued as xuen gave enough "burst" on massive crates that I feel it's better.

Either is definitely viable, it just depends on where you need the damage. If your group is having trouble on massives, run xuen. If you're clearing massives fine, run whichever you feel like. Personally I just don't like running RJW in pretty much any situation as it just feels like unneeded padding wayyyy too often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Citti View Post
    Unless I severely misunderstand the combat table, lacking hit will not hamper EB generation under the crit cap. It will however be detrimental to both chi generation and dps.
    I may lack the understanding here too regarding the combat table, but if you're missing melee hits you're not critting and not getting EB stacks.

If your auto attacks don't hit, your auto attacks do not have the ability to generate Elusive Brew because you can't crit a miss.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    If your auto attacks don't hit, your auto attacks do not have the ability to generate Elusive Brew because you can't crit a miss.
    Someone correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure crits go on a two-roll system, meaning your crit is not affected by your misses unless you're crit capped. If you have 5% miss chance and 90% crit chance, you'll crit 90 out of 100 hits, you'll land 5 non crits and 5 misses. Increasing the miss chance to 10% you'll get 90 crits, no regular hits and 10 misses. (Yes the value is lower due to glancing blows and dw miss chance but its just an example)

It's only a problem if you're crit capped, which is only possible with dual wield, or during proccs with a 2h. And even if you're crit capped, 2% miss chance will have a very minor effect on EB regen (you'd never notice and i don't even think 100+logs could provide a significant difference due to the large amount of rng involved)
    Last edited by mmoc1b385c8656; 2014-02-02 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    Someone correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure crits go on a two-roll system, meaning your crit is not affected by your misses unless you're crit capped. If you have 5% miss chance and 90% crit chance, you'll crit 90 out of 100 hits, you'll land 5 non crits and 5 misses. Increasing the miss chance to 10% you'll get 90 crits, no regular hits and 10 misses. (Yes the value is lower due to glancing blows and dw miss chance but its just an example)
    You're describing a single-roll system, and that's exactly my understanding of how the combat table works. It'll go through misses, glancing blows, dodges and parries and crits, and everything that's not that will become a normal hit by default. If we forget about glancing blows, dodges and parries for a while, assume 0% hit and 50% crit, the combat table looks a bit like this (M's for misses, C's for crits, H's for hits):

MMMCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Adding hit rating will cause the misses (M) to disappear, and reappear at the end of the table as H's:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We see that the direct effect of hit rating is reducing miss% rather than adding hit%. The latter is a secondary effect to complete the table. Bottom line is, the amount of crits is 50% in both cases, so with a system like this, lacking hit below the crit cap shouldn't affect EB generation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Citti View Post
    You're describing a single-roll system, and that's exactly my understanding of how the combat table works
    [...]
    lacking hit below the crit cap shouldn't affect EB generation.
    Ok good, just got the name wrong then =) but i'm pretty sure we're on the right track that missing attacks won't decrease the value of critrating unless you're crit capping white hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    Ok good, just got the name wrong then =) but i'm pretty sure we're on the right track that missing attacks won't decrease the value of critrating unless you're crit capping white hits.
    Correct. 0% hit and expertise would put you at around 35% or so to be crit capped for white attacks.

Not that you actually need more EB than what around 40% crit can provide anyways...

RJW is what I used for H Spoils for the same reasons Leblue stated. In addition I actually had threat issues when not using RJW, and channeling SCK is ... awkward on this fight. Don't like it. I definitely wanted a burst CD, but not enough to spec out of RJW, and I was happy doing 280k cleave dps.

I have a question about gemming for ww/bm shared gear. My monk is Rainbodash on the server Cenarius. In theory I want to have 9000 haste for WW and 5500 haste for BM, in addition to the different exp caps. What I've been doing so far is:
    WW:
    red: agi
    yellow: haste
    blue: haste/hit (if the socket bonus is worth it)

Shared and BM gear:
    red: exp/crit
    yellow: crit
    blue: crit/hit

Is there a better way to optimize my gear? Keep in mind that BM is my mainspec. My OS DPS is important, and I want to do it well, but it's not my highest priority.

Yesterday finally pugged normal garrosh. Next week it's time to try first H bosses. What do I need to know about heroic immerseus and protectors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Yesterday finally pugged normal garrosh. Next week it's time to try first H bosses. What do I need to know about heroic immerseus and protectors?
    Heroic Imm:

Main differences are: adds that spawn in p1 and the expanding pool in p2. Monks are great for picking up the adds in p1 using RJW, but be careful on the first 3 p1 phases, where you'll have 50/~40-42/~32-34 adds, they'll deal a lot of damage at those numbers. The new pool in p2 simply requires that 1 of your tanks hangs at the side of the pool for the entirety of p2 instead of running to deal with the black adds, as every tick of damage that the pool does to a player makes it shrink. I take advantage of healing spheres here at the very least to help out our healers on the blue adds as I do the pool duty.

Protectors:

Monks can still do the Embodied Anguish/He Softfoot duties on heroic as the armour debuff still means nothing to us. The Anguish has farrrr more health on heroic though so you shouldn't expect to tank it for the whole duration (the shadow damage increases rapidly). I pop Fort Brew, ask for externals and finish up with a Diffuse Magic before passing it to a DPS with immunities. This fight doesn't really change much from a He/Anguish/Misery tanking perspective though, apart from higher incoming damage. The only real changes are that the interruptable cast from the Gloom hurts a lot more, the adds in Rooks phase share health (makes it easier imo) and Suns adds also share health (rather than the two halves of adds being seperate health pools, once again, makes it easier imo). Rest of changes are only really for your healers to concern themselves with.

So we're finally starting Heroic Garrosh progression after a very messy first kill on Klaxxi (all 10 man btw) and the biggest issue I'm having right now is making it so the adds don't go all over creation. From what I understand they fixate a few seconds after they become active to a nearby target and then stick to them but I've been having issues where they'll run through me while I'm keg smashing/throwing beer/SCK and still fixate on a melee dps or sometimes even a ranged dps.

Any advice for helping get these mobs under control? We're tanking garrosh closer to his throne with the ranged dancing around with desecrated weapons on the throne and next to it. We're having my co-tank gorefiend's grasp the second wave onto me and then stunning them but they still seem to already have their fixate target and won't stick to me at all.