I've refreshed my Brewmaster guide with latest info from the patch (was working on it when it dropped, now I get to go back and fix the other two, yay).
In order to use your survivability abilities, you need Chi, and you need energy to generate Chi. Since the three primary energy-consuming moves cost 40 energy, your chi generation be a roughly 8 second cycle centered around KS and Jab/Expel Harm. Without taking talents into account, you’ll have 3 Chi to use every 8 seconds (with Power Strikes, 3.5ish).
For survivability, you’ll want to prioritize:
1. Elusive Brew, Guard, and Dampen Harm (if available) All else being equal, you’ll want to rotate through these. Good to follow Guard with an immediate Healing Sphere.
2. Blackout Kick to generate Staggers.
3. Purifying Brew to mitigate Stagger damage.
4. Healing Sphere yourself. Currently spammable, which is probably not intended.
5. Tiger Palm to boost the strength of Guard. (5% buff is a bit weak.)
Your oh #!$% button is Fortifying Brew or Avert Harm (but be careful with AH, that’s more of a see damage coming button). Meditation is also a possibility depending on enemy kitability/tauntability, as is playing around with Leer of the Ox. For AoE, Dizzying Haze/Breath of Fire.
Erp, just realized I need to check if you can still buff yourself with statue clicks, forgot to check that tonight.