Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I am a little weary on Haste as the main stat at the moment. (Besides Agility of course) before we gem any haste we have about 11 regen per second in Ox Stance no? So far I have gemmed haste geared for it and it is currently at 12.40 energy regen. Is it really worth the extra 3 Keg Smashes per minute? I have seen quite a few high end guild Brewmasters going for Cirt > haste and Agility gemming.

I would like some thoughts.
    3 extra keg smashes per 80 seconds equates to 18 more seconds of keg smash per 80 seconds, which isn't something to sneeze at. As well, you're forgetting that we also get more attacks per minute, and therefore, haste helps with elusive brew stacks as well.

In terms of gemming, agility is better than haste, but it's not twice as good. Gems with secondary stats have double the numbers of primary stat gems, so the haste gems are overall better for you.

Deleted
    A question. How do I implement this awesome looking things into my weakauras? I'm new to this kind of modifications in wow.

Just to add to Towelliees Haste question... i noticed that the more haste i have, the less procs of Elusive Brew i was actually getting from using a Staff.

I'm just wondering if Crit would actually take precedence over Haste as a Staff wielder, considering the 40% bonus that Brewmasters get from using a Staff, i couldnt see how that would be much of a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Just to add to Towelliees Haste question... i noticed that the more haste i have, the less procs of Elusive Brew i was actually getting from using a Staff.

I'm just wondering if Crit would actually take precedence over Haste as a Staff wielder, considering the 40% bonus that Brewmasters get from using a Staff, i couldnt see how that would be much of a difference?
    That shouldn't be happening unless you are sacrificing crit for haste, which you shouldn't be doing.

The stat weights don't really change depending on whether or not you are a dual wielder or two-hander brewmaster.

hmm.. Then again i didnt look at weapon speed, i just seemed to notice it with the same weapon when my last trinket procced, cause i was getting 2 charges sometimes 3, thats whilst i was levelling mind you.

But even then, it does seem that haste may have some sort of effect on the Elusive Brew stacking.

Edit: Just checked again i sometimes get 2 sometimes get 3 charges. And i have no haste trinkets currently. my haste is only 1340.

And the staff i have equipped is a 3.20 speed aswell
    Last edited by r3d3mpt10n; 2012-09-30 at 11:47 PM.

i just wanted to chime back in to all those leveling Monks (and the ones that help be cut my teeth leveling)

If you have any squishability and threat issues like I did...it all goes away with Spinning Crane Kick.

Now it's a DH -> KS -> Guard -> SCK and I couldn't get them off me if I wanted them to...

Little note, you spew a ton of health orbs during SCK so while doing it wiggle around a bit to collect them, I glyph it so I can wiggle around faster...you'll be able to get bigger pulls and your healer will start bitching like "Monks are OP...I don't even have to heal you"...which as a Tank I LOVE hearing.

Cheers!

Deleted
    I was looking at the glyph list and didn't see the Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere in it. I believe it is quite useful, as it ups the duration of all your Gift of the Ox orbs from 30 seconds to 3 minutes and 30 seconds, giving you the opportunity to save a lot of them up for when you need them, instead of them despawning after a measly 30 seconds.

Does that definately work though? i was questioning that earlier in the thread if i remember rightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    I was looking at the glyph list and didn't see the Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere in it. I believe it is quite useful, as it ups the duration of all your Gift of the Ox orbs from 30 seconds to 3 minutes and 30 seconds, giving you the opportunity to save a lot of them up for when you need them, instead of them despawning after a measly 30 seconds.
    I *think* I read somewhere (Icy Veins maybe?) that it was something that can come in handy when you're doing a lot of kiting but otherwise may not be worth it. I don't want to state that as fact, but I can see where that might be useful.

------

Also, as a lower level Brewmaster currently (level 30) what are some things I can focus on doing now in my tanking and as I continue to level that will improve my performance once I hit level 90? Are there certain spells and priorities I should really focus on hitting perfectly right now? I'm doing more than fine in these lower level dungeons but just want to be able to do everything possible once I have all my tools as my disposal.

Get into the habit of Tiger Punch to keep the 3 stacks up and BlackOut kicking to keep stagger going.

And obviously keeping Guard up.

Though (now only 76) my main goal is just SCK and pissing off DPS'ers on charts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Get into the habit of Tiger Punch to keep the 3 stacks up and BlackOut kicking to keep stagger going.

And obviously keeping Guard up.

Though (now only 76) my main goal is just SCK and pissing off DPS'ers on charts
    No worries, this will still be perfectly possible at level 90

120k+ dps with SCK is not a exception if you have enough mobs, highest i been sofar was 190k dps on the monkeys in brewery before the first boss

Only locks come close, the rest of the classes got nothing on me sofar when it comes down to mass aoe, just open with KS, BoF, SCK ftw

Deleted
    I honestly think Mastery and Sta is the way to go for Brewmasters after the hit and soft expertise cap. I reforged all my haste and crit off and still have no problem keeping shuffle up 100% and still have Chi for Guard and Zen Spheres.

I do understand that my dodge up-time from elusive brew would be lower but that just brings us back to the old mitigation vs avoidance discussion which, in the case of raid boss tanking, always favors mitigation. As monks we have the lowest base physical mitigation of all tanks so we heavily rely on Stagger to avoid spike damage.
    Spike damage is a tanks worst enemy and causes raid wipes, even if you get your avoidance up to 80% there will always be unlucky strings that kill tanks and wipe raids. If my mastery is not going to be sufficient to increase mitigation we will just go back to our warrior / paladin tanks.

cheers,
    Xarmon

Deleted
    I think mastery is left last because the increase per point of mastery is not as desirable as stacking haste and crit to improve active mitigation, because you lose haste and crit by maximizing mastery. Also, if you're going for mastery and stamina you're going to take a hell of a lot of damage. I don't even have 20k armor while Warriors have near 60k.

Also, I recently got my Dungeon Hero achiev. and I don't seem to have problems on bosses (except when carrying stupid dps doing 11 fucking k at lvl 90) but on mobs, specially regenerating shas on Shado-Pan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    I think mastery is left last because the increase per point of mastery is not as desirable as stacking haste and crit to improve active mitigation, because you lose haste and crit by maximizing mastery. Also, if you're going for mastery and stamina you're going to take a hell of a lot of damage. I don't even have 20k armor while Warriors have near 60k.

Also, I recently got my Dungeon Hero achiev. and I don't seem to have problems on bosses (except when carrying stupid dps doing 11 fucking k at lvl 90) but on mobs, specially regenerating shas on Shado-Pan.
    Worse trash so far is them regenerating sha's for sure.

Deleted
    Hey everyone, im searching for a "gear priority" list for the whole T14 content. Does someone have such a list to see for example what item is best, second best, ... ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Worse trash so far is them regenerating sha's for sure.
    Dogs before Weaponmaster in vaults. Only trash that i can remember that makes Stagger Yellow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldrez View Post
    Hey everyone, im searching for a "gear priority" list for the whole T14 content. Does someone have such a list to see for example what item is best, second best, ... ?
    First post, this thread.
    Last edited by mmoc1ff84cf90f; 2012-10-02 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    Dogs before Weaponmaster in vaults. Only trash that i can remember that makes Stagger Yellow for me.
    I can normally survive them without the healer needing 20k+ hps but yeah, we'll see what the trash is like in raids

Deleted
    Thank you for the quick answer Drarion, but following your advice for example the Iron Protector Talisman from Gekkan would be "item 1" (so the best one from heroics) which isn't true. I also think the raid-table "item 1" is definetly not the best available there.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldrez View Post
    Thank you for the quick answer Drarion, but following your advice for example the Iron Protector Talisman from Gekkan would be "item 1" (so the best one from heroics) which isn't true. I also think the raid-table "item 1" is definetly not the best available there.
    It's a gear list... there's never really such thing as a "gear priority" list, since it's completely relative to the player. Use this list and the items that you currently have equipped to figure out which items you want to try and go for first.

This is pretty much my build and gemming enchants for now for first night of raiding. Any thoughts improvements?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lieesan/simple

I could definitely be gimped once I have to switch out that engineering trinket Unbuff HP of 413 also seems low compared to my other tanks 475+
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet