Page 4 of 289 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    During a heroic run, I saw some powa alert on my brewmaster. It looked like a bit like Crimson scourge ( Screen ) but yellow -obviously, like it's beer. I thought it was to say that I had moderate stagger, but I couldn't reproduce it.

Any idea ?

idk... only thing ive seen is the green dragons (in mistweaver spec)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    idk... only thing ive seen is the green dragons (in mistweaver spec)
    Well in Mistweaver spec I can tell you that it shows you have a instant-Surging Mist available (due to Teaching of the Monsastery - TP) but for BM I couldn't fire out why. :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh that must be it. I'll try.
    Edit : Mmmh nope that doesn't proc from random mobs taking me under 35%
    Last edited by Yorgl; 2012-06-08 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    JUST FIGURED IT OUT !
    I pretty sure it procs from Heavy stagger. Didn't have the time to screen , though :-/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Maybe because of PvP ? I don't know.
    But lame change indeed.
    lol in pvp you only have to kill the statue. If the skill hadn't any CD it was a reasonable change, coz now you have a 'reward' for killing the statue.

@OP: Dunno if you have been testing parry vs dodge vs agility, but I did a little testing and I found that I ended with more avoidance stacking parry and mastery gems.
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2012-06-12 at 12:49 PM.

JUST FIGURED IT OUT !
    I pretty sure it procs from Heavy stagger. Didn't have the time to screen , though :-/
    You would think it wouldn't be the color of ale, then. How strange.

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    lol in pvp you only have to kill the statue. If the skill hadn't any CD it was a reasonable change, coz now you have a 'reward' for killing the statue.

@OP: Dunno if you have been testing parry vs dodge vs agility, but I did a little testing and I found that I ended with more avoidance stacking parry and mastery gems.
    I have not been testing optimal stats as of yet, mainly since I wanted to wait till late beta to do such. Thanks for the information though, I'll be sure to take it into account when I do my own tests, see if it matches up with what I find.

Hey

Based on your experience so far, what tendencies do you have regarding flagcarrier preferences in rbg and a first comparison between Monk and warrior as the preferred fc in the end of this xpac. Thx for your info

in detail, as i think, monk mastery is the only one directly useful against caster damage but i cannot evaluate the mobility of monks under pressure, eg slowed with rogue sitting on you

I play rbg on 2100 rating, i am not a very skilled player, so 2100 is more or less the upper limit i am able to achieve, so in your opinion, would a reroll from warrior to monk be recommendable?
    Last edited by Schamane; 2012-06-14 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to cast the statue in a macro ? (Obviously for a provoke macro)

I'd like to do something like :
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@pet]Provoke
    but obviously [@pet] doesn't work. Any idea how the statue is considered ?

mop.wowhead[.]com/spell=115315

maybe that helps,
    please any consideration to my question

Is there a way to cast the statue in a macro ? (Obviously for a provoke macro)

I'd like to do something like :
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@pet]Provoke
    but obviously [@pet] doesn't work. Any idea how the statue is considered ?
    I'll do some tests when I next log on

EDIT: Okay I've done a couple ones... @statue, @guardian, @minion. None of them work. It's possible it isn't able to be macroed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Schamane View Post
    mop.wowhead[.]com/spell=115315

maybe that helps,
    please any consideration to my question
    I'm afraid I do not really PvP, and as the brewmaster's a tank spec, I was not intending this guide to focus that much (if any) on rated battleground tactics, so I never did any research or testing on the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks anyway for trying mate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schamane View Post
    Hey

Based on your experience so far, what tendencies do you have regarding flagcarrier preferences in rbg and a first comparison between Monk and warrior as the preferred fc in the end of this xpac. Thx for your info

in detail, as i think, monk mastery is the only one directly useful against caster damage but i cannot evaluate the mobility of monks under pressure, eg slowed with rogue sitting on you

I play rbg on 2100 rating, i am not a very skilled player, so 2100 is more or less the upper limit i am able to achieve, so in your opinion, would a reroll from warrior to monk be recommendable?
    I haven't tested much in pvp yet, but Dragon kick (windwalker) is awesome to get you out of trouble, a brewmaster may be able to force his way out, but I think the windwalker has better mobility

/cast [target=Black Ox Statue,help,exists][mod:shift]Provoke;[nomod]Provoke
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2012-06-16 at 09:45 AM.

Ok....so....Blizzard said they want us to choose between 2 handed or one handed...I have been tanking heroics and stuff, and I find both sides to be equal when it comes to threat and what not, but for the life of me I can't see how stat wise anyone would choose one handed. since blizzard has decided to make 2 one handed weapons have less total stats then a 2 handed. Unless they make secondary stats more important then Agility and Stam, 2 handed will always be better.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Ok....so....Blizzard said they want us to choose between 2 handed or one handed...I have been tanking heroics and stuff, and I find both sides to be equal when it comes to threat and what not, but for the life of me I can't see how stat wise anyone would choose one handed. since blizzard has decided to make 2 one handed weapons have less total stats then a 2 handed. Unless they make secondary stats more important then Agility and Stam, 2 handed will always be better.
    did you account for weapon enchants and energy generation (via recoil)?

It makes things a bit more complicated compared to just weapon stats.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    did you account for weapon enchants and energy generation (via recoil)?

It makes things a bit more complicated compared to just weapon stats.
    Yeah I did, the enchants will be great if they don't icd each other when one procs. But you know how blizzard is.

I hope they stay equal to each other. I loved Frost Tanking in Wrath cause of dual wielding, one of the things that is making me roll a monk.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Just checkin!

And yeah, I agree. I like the choice... though I will probably be doing 2h for nostalgia purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, not sure about the Brew changes in the latest build :S

Mastery is going to be a pretty weak stat for us.. ~0.2% per point shifted to the DoT, seems kinda low, considering we have 30%(?) baseline, and then 20% from shuffle, that's already 50% can you REALLY see anyone bothering with Mastery, considering your need ~5 point for a SINGLE % swap? Not to forget it doesn't increase parry anymore either, although we DO get a further 5% from Swift Reflexes.

Our stance got a... change 1/2 health and energy bonus, but increased DR

Shuffle got a nerf, what was Brew avoidance before compared to now?

Gift of the Ox got a buff to it's heal, AP scaling ftw.

Sanctuary of the Ox also got a buff, seems I was right before, with both the damage required, and the shield scaling with our AP (and thus our Vengeance) we'll be getting smalled, but more regular sheilds in 5mans, and more spaced out, but much larger shields in raids, which is probably a good way to make the shields useful in both situations, without being OP/UP in either.

Then we have the new Elusive brew.. which I like.. ALOT , seems like a cool mechanic, and will make the crit we're bound to get on our gear a bit better(I'm guessing our prio will be something along the lines of Parry>Dodge>Crit>Mastery>Haste, unless Haste increases regen by enough to put it slightly over Mastery). So every crit give ~2 charges, based on attackspeed (hopefully with no ICD) and 15 stacks turns into 15 seconds of 30% dodge... seems like a pretty cool idea to me, makes our mitigation a even more interesting, which afterall was their aim this Expac .

Overall I'm a little...concerned, but cautiously optimistic. It looks like we pretty much have the full toolkit now (although we still don't have a 50% DR cd, only tanks without one iirc), it's just a case of tweaking the numbers till we're balanced.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    So i tanked a few heroics yesterday and one thing I noticed was the fact that the Elusive Brew stacks have only a 30 sec. duration which imho is far too low. By only using autoattack on a 85 dummy (you gain Elusive Brew stacks through autohit crits) i never had more than 6 stacks (maximum 15) of Elusive Brew.

In the heroics i could never use it when i wanted or needed it because the stacks i had were already expired. I see Elusive Brew as the Brewmaster's counterpart of Tigereye Brew or Mana Tea of which both stacks have a 2 min. duration while Elusive Brew stacks only have 30 sec.