10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm would be quite interesting to fool around with TP a bit, maybe remove the Arp for Brews, but put in something like

'Every time you cast Tiger Palm, it reduces all your current CD's by 1sec'

also making KS unparryable on that spreadsheet from a few pages back made ALL our problems go away, it's a very simple fix to a very major problem.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirion View Post
    For me it would even be ok if another Ability (say Tiger Palm) had a chance to reset the CD of Keg Smash because the lack of Chi at the moment forgives neither a flaw in the rotation nor a missed Keg Smash without leaving us without ANY mitigation for a few seconds.
    I still say they should make Chi Brew baseline the same way ERW is for all DK specs. Or at least have a Tiger's Fury mechanic that instantly gives us Energy.

... Or revert the stupid Stagger nerf and make the regen nerf be 20% energy. Yes, a girl CAN dream lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the KS issue, it's worth mentionning that developpers are, at least slightly, aware of the issue of not requiring a tank to hardcap expertise as they made Death Strike unparriable. I thought it was worth mentionning.

I dunno why they didn't even answer on the beta class balance analysis yet. I tried to asked GC by Twitter but it seems that answering stupid tweets about "oh gawd mop not released but there are pandas in OG herp derp" is higher priority.

Deleted
    I dont know if it is just me but...

When I see some of the top guilds in the world streaming, using a BM as tank, it seems like they are more than fine atm. Damage is amazing and it seems the surviveability is pretty equal to the other tank classes aswell.
    I havent had the opportunity to try BM in MoP raids yet, but my experiences from dungeons are, that were doing just fine here.

I know that I havent been doing alot of theorycrafting on this and I probably could have compared our numbers with some of the other classes aswell. But right now, I love my BM and I definietly think it will do as good as my warrior has in Cata I guess Blizzard will fix the problems if they see us being totally underpowered compared to the other tankchoices, when MoP lands.

What are your experiences from ingame and not only theory? Do you see yourself getting smashed or are you doing allright?
    OBS: I love all the theorycrafting, and all that has been said in this thread so far!!! Iam just wondering bout ingame experience

/Boombrew

Deleted
    Personally I am doing fine. My survivability is fine and my damage is great.

You will be a little starved for energy, though I can still get my Shuffle buff rolling past 12sec while guarding just fine. I am never really in a position where I'm frightful of dying, unless I receive no heals for a while.

I won't go into specifics about much unless you have a question about it, though just using your chi properly and PBing at good times will make tanking feel fine.

Does anyone have any experience tanking heroic raids on the beta? I know awhile back they said all tanks were getting smacked around a bit, how is it now?

Deleted
    Same as above. All Tanks are getting head butted in Heroic Raids, though nothing like some people seem the believe.
    There are a few bosses who are an exception; Feng, Sha of Anger, Elegon at some points, though they don't speak for the other bosses.

Deleted
    Hallelujah!

Brewmaster Monk
    It’s a bug that Keg Smash doesn’t refund energy when it misses. We’ll get that fixed.

It's not that big but it's something...
    So now we lose 1 Chi when KS misses as we can spend the energy to Jab right after.
    I'm still thinking that one of the nerfs, either Energy regen OR Stagger nerf should be redone, was just too much in my opinion.

Are they reading the feedback at all? Problem with Keg Smash missing is not the loss of energy but the fact that it triggers cooldown without giving us chi. Sure as hell hope that this takes exp parry cap away from being top priority, but why not just fix the ability by making it unparryable like Death Strike?

Deleted
    Because if DS got parried and the DK didn't get the heal, they will most likely die.
    If I get my KS parried, it's not the end of the world for me. I can still get hit and take it with Stagger.

Granted, you can argue that a DK would probably have a Blood Shield up if it got parried, but DS is a lot more important tot hem than KS is to us. They don't have two ways to generate their survivability resource like we do.

Are they reading the feedback at all? Problem with Keg Smash missing is not the loss of energy but the fact that it triggers cooldown without giving us chi. Sure as hell hope that this takes exp parry cap away from being top priority, but why not just fix the ability by making it unparryable like Death Strike?
    Energy isn't really a resource, not like Chi. Energy is a method of throttling the number of times you can do an attack. We're all familiar with a different version of the same thing: cooldowns. Warriors have short CDs. Monks have energy. The effect is essentially the same: you have to wait about 4 seconds before you can do the attack again.

You get the energy back, which means you can spend it on a jab. This means in reality you're losing approximately slightly less than 1 Chi (you get at least 1 back from a jab or expel harm, and a chance to get a second Chi from Power Strikes if you took it) the debuff, and the CD on Keg Smash. The CD only really matters for debuff. Jab is less efficient at generating Chi than Keg Smash, but overall, you're losing a lot less Chi with this bug fix than you would have without. The debuff should be ok once you get it up because it takes longer than the cooldown of KS (30 seconds, I believe?) for it to wear off.

Refunding the energy is sort of like refreshing the CD...except it also has its own CD...but that isn't completely true because you can use the energy to jab instead...ugh, all I'm saying is this bug fix does really help fix the problem (Energy = Chi, so we still get Chi, just not quite as much as we would have from KS, but that's the case with all tanks when they whiff their resource generators). If we didn't have the energy then we'd lose out on ALL the Chi and that's a much bigger deal.

Deleted
    Like this primer! since ill raf to 80 instantly i will use this to get started heheheeh

Deleted
    Will there be a way to move legendary gem from say raid finder weapon to normal to heroic version as we get them?
    No, but you can get more. Needed a solution for that, DW, dual spec etc.

You can get more gems by getting it from the npc or by doing the whole questline (collecting etc) again?
    Not the whole quest line. Consider the quest as unlocking the ability, almost like a rep reward.

So, that makes Duel Wielding Sha Touched Fists an awful lot more appealing.
    Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    just confirms for me that I'll be DWing the fists tbh, the double gem offsets the higher base stats of 2h (I think...) and looks much cooler.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Alsayyar View Post
    So, that makes Duel Wielding Sha Touched Fists an awful lot more appealing.
    Thoughts?
    The gems are unique equipped, meaning you can only have one, so no, it doesn't make dual wielding more lucrative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The gems are unique equipped, meaning you can only have one, so no, it doesn't make dual wielding more lucrative.
    'No, but you can get more. Needed a solution for that, DW, dual spec etc'

To me, that implies they will remove the Unique Equip restriction on the gems. If they do, DW will be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsayyar View Post
    'No, but you can get more. Needed a solution for that, DW, dual spec etc'

To me, that implies they will remove the Unique Equip restriction on the gems. If they do, DW will be the way to go.
    Then they should add a second slot to 2h. They wanted both to be equally viable.

And to be fair, it is twitter, he might have misspoke.

Deleted
    Adding a second socket to a 2H just to balance 2H would be a rather stupid idea. Then you need to add a second socket to every 2H that can use the Sha Touched Weapon. Other tiers have had single hand weapons have Gem Sockets over 2H having none, though true not to this degree.

We also have no idea if the procs that were mined out a while back are real and what ones the Fists will actually get over the pole. Might turn out the pole gets a better proc to compensate.

Either way, it hasn't needed to happen before, I don't see the point now.

How would it be stupid if it solves the balance issue of having two gems available for use instead of one? If an equation is equal (which it relatively was in this case) and you add something to one side, to make the equation equal again, you should either subtract what you added, or add the same thing to the other side.

Gem sockets are taken out of the stat budget, hence why they're still balanced, but this is going way beyond those normal circumstances.

And... err... what procs? I don't recall any procs for the weapons.

This class will bring the fun back to tanking!!