Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    OP, what do you think of the DMC this xpac? I have crafted both the Ox and the Tiger(Agi) decks for myself. I know there will be better trinkets from raiding, but should I be using the Ox deck at all? Or sell it?
    I would say it's up to you. That's a lot of dodge on a pretty short cooldown, but it doesn't offer anything passive. It could be useful to you on certain encounters. Personally I'd prefer something with more passive stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I seem to hit every Keg Smash if you take away one jab from the end of macro
    I actually broke these up after spending more time with the spec, mostly due to KS and Power Strikes CD's lining up weird.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I actually broke these up after spending more time with the spec, mostly due to KS and Power Strikes CD's lining up weird.
    So basically you have them separate now? If so t seems like best way to go. I wish there was a way to macro BOK/Guard so you can have them up second you have 2 chi
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    So basically you have them separate now? If so t seems like best way to go. I wish there was a way to macro BOK/Guard so you can have them up second you have 2 chi
    Yeah, as much as I love saving room on my main hotkeys it just needs to be that way.

You can macro Guard into anything you want so long as it is the first power used in the macro because it isn't in the GCD, if you "should" can be debated but works just fine for leveling/5man content. BoK needs to be a dedicated hotkey.

I'm 1-KS/Guard, 2-Jab/Guard, 3-BoK, 4-Tiger Palm, 5-Expel Harm/Guard for doing 5 mans. Shift1-Purifying Brew, Shift2-Elusive Brew/Ox Statue.

Probably thinkg "wtf EB+Ox Statue?". I found it an amusing way to make use of the hotkey without conflicting with anything. Unless you have stacks carrying over from the previous fight (rare for me at least) you can hit this to quickly activate the target recticle and drop the statue when you want. During the fight when your using EB the recticle gets canceled the second you use any other ability on the GCD. Considering we are basically GCD locked you'll never even notice during combat.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-10-05 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Removed Guard from TP.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

You mentioned adding Guard to all macros...and I just wanted to see if anyone else still uses the /startattack macro to all their abilities?

I do...more or less automatically now but I was wondering if it's still needed

Yeah, as much as I love saving room on my main hotkeys it just needs to be that way.

You can macro Guard into anything you want so long as it is the first power used in the macro because it isn't in the GCD, if you "should" can be debated but works just fine for leveling/5man content. BoK needs to be a dedicated hotkey.

I'm 1-KS/Guard, 2-Jab/Guard, 3-BoK, 4-Tiger Palm/Guard, 5-Expel Harm/Guard for doing 5 mans. Shift1-Purifying Brew, Shift2-Elusive Brew/Ox Statue.

Probably thinkg "wtf EB+Ox Statue?". I found it an amusing way to make use of the hotkey without conflicting with anything. Unless you have stacks carrying over from the previous fight (rare for me at least) you can hit this to quickly activate the target recticle and drop the statue when you want. During the fight when your using EB the recticle gets canceled the second you use any other ability on the GCD. Considering we are basically GCD locked you'll never even notice during combat.
    Am I missing something? Don't you guys wait till you reach 3 stacks(15% stronger Guard)? If you macro it in then you can have anywhere from 0-3 stacks of Guard at any one point. You can't guarantee getting the strongest Guard. Let me know

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I missing something? Don't you guys wait till you reach 3 stacks(15% stronger Guard)? If you macro it in then you can have anywhere from 0-3 stacks of Guard at any one point. You can't guarantee getting the strongest Guard. Let me know
    Derp I don't have TP+Guard macro'd just got carried away when trying to remember my setup. I just have Guard tied to the Chi generating abilities, that way if you have 2 Chi it gets used and if you generate the missing Chi you can just hit the same button again (KS/EH especially since they will be on CD anyways) and it will burn the Chi on Guard. As I said works well for 5 mans where you are usually chain pulling so only the 1st Guard is < 3 stacks which is OK with me.

I don't have /startattack in anything. Any of our main abilities will initiate auto atk and Tiger Palm is free cast so you are never deadlocked out of a GCD due to lack of resources.
    [/URL]

I'm 1-KS/Guard, 2-Jab/Guard, 3-BoK, 4-Tiger Palm, 5-Expel Harm/Guard for doing 5 mans. Shift1-Purifying Brew, Shift2-Elusive Brew/Ox Statue.

Would have never thought to have all my macros that generate chi include Guard. Brilliant. Gonna set it up like this once I log on.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

I do have TP and Guard Macroed together... however, the only time you get the shield without 15% increase is on the first Guard you do. It generally builds up as you fight naturally... since you'll be using TP to keep up your armor reduction.

Deleted
    I hope you guys won't call me a noob now but I would not macro Guard to anything. If you need it, use it. There is no such thing as forgetting to use it. In case you have it macro you might not be able to forget it and use it a bit faster but it will also be harder to use it absolutely appropriately in certain fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwndabear View Post
    I hope you guys won't call me a noob now but I would not macro Guard to anything. If you need it, use it. There is no such thing as forgetting to use it. In case you have it macro you might not be able to forget it and use it a bit faster but it will also be harder to use it absolutely appropriately in certain fights.
    I agree with you 100%.

Setup up Weakauras or powerauras and track stuff or even just look at your spells to see when its off CD.. i pretty much hit guard whenever it was off CD with no problems or atleast had it saved for when i knew i was going to take a lot of damage (when the add explodes on elegon etc).

Please explain to me the reason for macro'ing guard to all spells apart from you being lazy/ horrible at tracking your own spells

Deleted
    100% agree !

I do not have anything macroed to anything else. I find it better to have each ability shown on my bars rather than bind two or more abilities to a single key. I prefer having the ability to PRECISELY use each ability. My uptime, even without WeakAuras, is excellent, and I don't feel macros would help with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i am a big fan of [mod] macros
    like:

/cast [mod] Guard; Blackout Kick

Are any of the Valor Point pieces considered BiS before heroic drops? Looking to spend points, dont know if there is a for sure item, or if its just a wait and see what you get out of the first few weeks of raiding and fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I do not have anything macroed to anything else. I find it better to have each ability shown on my bars rather than bind two or more abilities to a single key. I prefer having the ability to PRECISELY use each ability. My uptime, even without WeakAuras, is excellent, and I don't feel macros would help with that.
    I agree with this 100%, and it to add to it I feel that it makes me learn the class in a "I can do this with my eyes closed way".

Deleted
    Im pretty sure a lot of you guys realized already but I wanted to point out that in Challenge modes the Expertise Hard Cap will be lost due to the item scaling. I use expertise Buff food to make up for it.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure a lot of you guys realized already but I wanted to point out that in Challenge modes the Expertise Hard Cap will be lost due to the item scaling. I use expertise Buff food to make up for it.
    Nope, im almost 100% sure that they said they would keep hit and expertise the same in challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Nope, im almost 100% sure that they said they would keep hit and expertise the same in challenge modes.
    If its not working like that, it's probably a bug.

A question with CMs, want to hear your thoughts...

You really think Expertise Hardcap is still good there?
    Most of the time you have trash, sometimes you have bosses, but tbh trash is harder than the bosses most of the time.
    Its really rare that your KS get parried at trash, so you dont need 15% Exp for that. If you SCK, you get most of the time enough orbs, I dont think 15% is needed there too.
    Maybe just go with passive mitigation?

Look at it this way:
    The pull of trash is quite harsh thx to our reliance on AM, and in CMs you speedrun (or at least should), so its not that rare to arrive 1-2s before your healer on the next pack.

Just a few thoughts which make me believe going for the 15% is maybe not the best idea in CMs :/