Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgement27 View Post
    Do you really still value expertise hard cap that much? I just don't see the point in it any more since the spread sheet was counting our bubbles as being able to crit. I actually feel like I gained more damage reduction by not hardcapping.
    The spreadsheet was over valuing it but it didn't change the fact that expertise hard cap wasn't the best way to go for mitigating the most damage if your picking up GotO.

Do you have any logs or anything to back this up? Because i've reforged out of the expertise cap before and didn't really like it if i'm honest. Plus its the biggest dps increase if you reach the hard cap, seeing as quite a few of the heroic fights have a tight enrage timers, plus i like ranking #1 on fights on WoL

But yeah honestly i'm having no problem with damage unless i forget to use my CD properly or just the fight hits really hard anyway in which case there's not a lot i can change seeing as my other tank is taking a lot of damage too. With the recent guard fix my healing on WoL has gone up quite a bit (was beating our blood DK) and when you manage things properly i'm usually the easiest tank to heal.

Is WoL not reporting the DMG taken correctly? Do we have to subtract Guard Absorb and Stagger to find out true melee dmg taken?
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Is WoL not reporting the DMG taken correctly? Do we have to subtract Guard Absorb and Stagger to find out true melee dmg taken?
    Not sure, but don't think we can actually find out the damage taken, as if you subtract all of the Stagger, you'd remove the ones we didn't purify as well.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    From what i've heard its broken atm. Doesent show staggered damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    From what i've heard its broken atm. Doesent show staggered damage.
    Actually it counts stagger, it just counts it as our damage done as well. lol!

There are a number of issues with WoL currently for Brewmasters.

Damage intake is incorrect and our damage output is incorrect.

Deleted
    just to comment on this ... I also switched to exp soft cap. Killed Feng hc without major problems with incoming dmg. As someone said: switch tanks at 2 stacks...

Imo i feel much saver with exp soft cap. I am fully gemmed on haste+haste elixir which pushes me at ~7300 haste. I'll propably go for 8000 haste and switch to crit.

Did you switch to a mastery/stam build for HC Feng Imba? And for the other tanks out there in Heroics atm, how are you guys holding up? are you guys still going with the norm hit/exp>haste>crit etc. I was almost tempted to go and re-forge and re-gem for mastery last night after having quite a few scares with HC Feng, but I didn't. I pretty positive we'll have him down tonight.

Deleted
    I'm still pushing through normal content, today most likely fighting Elegon.

Skada seems solid in tracking damage taken as it includes Stagger and seems pretty accurate.

What i've noticed raiding is that advancing through the fight I get more and more shuffle uptime; I ended up with 70++ seconds for the last king in Spirit Kings, and Guard shield was about 200k with 80%+ Vengeance; my question is if I should aim to handle Shuffle and Puryfing Brew dinamically; say, once in 60sec, once Guard is up again, spend most of Chi in Purifying Brew until Guard falls off, thus maximizing Guard's impact in pure boss dmg taken as Stagger acumulated previously may devour Guard.

I was tanking with a Death Knight and that model is still miles and miles away from ours, for the Stone Guards he was taking 2m more damage than me tanking always the charging pair, while I was solo tanking the other guardian, and his healing and shielding was insane.

Is understandable that each hit does less dmg as we monks have the lowest armor ever (I think I have less armor than a SPriest) and he's a plate armored tank, but the thing is he negates, heals through and absorbs a lot more damage than me. Maybe I'm not using PB as much as I should, but as WoL is bugged I can only compare numbers while ingame and I wanna know how do you guys feel about it.

Here's my armory btw: Tetsunohana - Dun Modr (EU) [armory offline, will add link later)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrancy View Post
    Did you switch to a mastery/stam build for HC Feng Imba? And for the other tanks out there in Heroics atm, how are you guys holding up? are you guys still going with the norm hit/exp>haste>crit etc. I was almost tempted to go and re-forge and re-gem for mastery last night after having quite a few scares with HC Feng, but I didn't. I pretty positive we'll have him down tonight.
    No i didnt. I went with mass haste. It serves me a lot better since I have a high energy regen and I am able to invest nearly every second 2 chi to chiwave (besides purifying when stagger reaches moderate). In fact chi wave is on place 2 of the healing received for me and the other tank, so it normally just bounces around between feng and us two tanks. I had about 30k HPS on the kill and I think this is much more valuable then 3 or 4% more dmg which i might stagger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrancy View Post
    hit/expertise to hard cap and then haste is fine for most of the heroic fights tbh. I had the same view as you, was all ready to go balls to the wall mastery for gara'jal but did him last night and it wasn't needed. As for Feng if your worried about taking loads of damage its usually from the dots and if your unlucky you could get a tick with a big melee which will hurt a lot, make sure you have Diffuse Magic and use it often espcially when your close to getting a 2nd stack or your late on switching and end up getting a 3rd.

I was the one with the spell steal thing and pretty much solo tanked the lighting fish phase because the other tank had to absorb the lighting fists so i could stun (he bugged about loads and didn't even cast it apart from once for the whole phase once) but i got up to 4 stacks and with CDs it wasn't that horrible. Manage your GotO well and pick them up and you shouldn't have a problem with this fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, after yesterdays raid we experienced some difficulties with Gara'Jal Heroic. The tanks aren't dying, but the problem is the Vodoo dolls. We run with a DK tank and me(brewmaster) and we used more healers than we should(6) due to trying to learn mechanics and getting totems and stuff put together. We still are running into issues with vodoo dolls dying which concerns me greatly. We havnt used BoP yet, but i hope that will solve some off the issues, but what if it isnt?

I wanted to run a standard gem/enchant setup(red=Exp, Yellow=Haste, blue=exp/stam, Haste/stam), but the guild said i had to little HP with this so i went with the stam gemming(red=exp/stam, yellow=haste/stam, Blue=stam) and ofc all the stam enchants. I think this might be a problem due to vodoo doll dmg, but i manage to keep my shuffle up(98%+) Using guard when i am tanking and PB when reaching moderate/high. So what are your experiences with Gara'Jal. I would love some input

When dual wielding on a Brewmaster, should I stack Windsong on both weapons, or Windsong/Colossus? Dancing steel is out of the picture right now, saving that for a 489.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    When dual wielding on a Brewmaster, should I stack Windsong on both weapons, or Windsong/Colossus? Dancing steel is out of the picture right now, saving that for a 489.
    Colossus is simming to be the worst enchant for us. Double windsong is what I would personally recommend.

That's what we needed, a nerf to Power Strikes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
    I was sad to see that change + Healing Elixirs on PTR, are they really to good in Blizz eyes currently?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I was sad to see that change + Healing Elixirs on PTR, are they really to good in Blizz eyes currently?
    Am I reading it wrong, because it doesn't seem like a nerf to me? I think its saying for about the same amount of duration as before we can generate one extra chi with ANY of our chi producers....or even maybe any attack....
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2012-10-18 at 05:40 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm just noticed the "next attack" verbage which is technically "any" attack by that language and could include white auto attacks or Tiger Palm even. This makes me think the patch note is accidentally vague and they will clarify that it's just a 2 sec nerf to how often Jab produces 2 Chi.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

It's poorly written but it appears they increased the cooldown from 20sec to 22sec...

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Colossus is simming to be the worst enchant for us. Double windsong is what I would personally recommend.
    really? o.O Maybe in better gear it isn't as great as windsong, but at 468 ilevel I was glad to have the multiple absorbs proc. Mind you, I will find out tonight how much easier things go with either the scribe staff + windsong or Horseman sword and blue heroic fist +double windsong. If my survivability suffers I'll have a colossus on backup.

Deleted
    The way it's worded implies that you no longer lose power strikes times if you don't jab right after the 20 seconds is over. It says "Every 22 seconds you gain power strikes." So if that's true, it's being changed to a buff that will refresh every 22 seconds regardless of when you use it. If you are always jabbing at exactly 20 seconds, it's a nerf. If you aren't perfect with your power strikes, then it's a positive change.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2012-10-18 at 06:06 PM.