Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Depends on your alt-itis. I'm LW + BS and the static rewards are great (not having to buy leg enchants!) but not having time to level a second character enough I miss not being able to fuel either profession myself.
    OR the wrists enchants which requires a rep grind. Don't forget that.

Personally, I'm inscription and blacksmithing because I don't have either of those at max on alts.

Well, my "main" is a 90 Priest with Herb/Alch and I have a Druid I'm going to finish leveling one of these days (Resto). Such a dilemma...

Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    This is a bit different and much lower level than has been discussed, but as I'm approaching 90 here I'm trying to decide what professions to go with. I'm 100% sure I'm going Alchemy but not sure on the second. The guide says Blacksmithing is 2nd best but I'm torn between that, engineering, and leatherworking.

Any input on professions from those that have been raiding and such?
    I've been loving the BS/JC combo on my Brewmaster monk. Very versatile, and the 2 serpent's eye gems fit perfectly into the 2 BS sockets on bracers/gloves.

Means you can socket secondary stats too, which is generally better than stacking pure stats in gem slots as a tank. Alchemy is strictly speaking better though: more armor = yum.

But hey, you asked for our experiences with professions and there's mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish they would add a tank-appropriate cloak embroidery for tailoring. I intially chose to be a Tailor/Enchanter because i was intending to be strictly a mistweaver but now that i am also a BM i am reluctant to give up a profession i invested so much time and money in.

but swordguard embroidery is useless for tanks. We ought to have an agility/strength proc instead of an AP proc. or at least some sort of mastery/armor/dodge/shield embroidery option.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 11:05 AM ----------

also, speaking of enchantments.

i am dual wielder at the moment, should i use Dancing Steelx2 or Dancing Steel+River's song or Dancing Steel+Collossus or Dancing Steel + Windsong or what?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-11-15 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well AP isn't totally useless as it effects things like Guard but it's waaaaay down on the totem pole of valuable stats.

Dancing Steel 2x or Windsong 2x if you want a cheaper option. Think it will cost me like 10k on my server and that buying the matt's and having a guildy enchant them if I want Dancing Steel.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    that why i asked, DSx2 is a little outside of my comfortable price range right now. I kind of like Windsong in general, i was think DS+WS would be ok.

I'm LW/Alch. Its incredible. With the LW, I can easily swap out leg and wrist enchants on the fly. But then when you combine the stat increase from the panda racial and an elixir you can swing a given stat by a significant amount also on the fly.

It hurt to give up engineering though.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Edited for not seeing it in the guide. Nothing to see here!
    Last edited by Ahsakura; 2012-11-16 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Does WoL still not accurately record brewmasters damage done and damage taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Weethor View Post
    Does WoL still not accurately record brewmasters damage done and damage taken?
    Nope. It doesn't take into account Purifying Brew either which is also "self-healing" in my eyes. If I have a 200k stagger and purify it, that should be 200k healing. None of that is ever recorded in logs to my understanding so will never show on WoL.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Nope. It doesn't take into account Purifying Brew either which is also "self-healing" in my eyes. If I have a 200k stagger and purify it, that should be 200k healing. None of that is ever recorded in logs to my understanding so will never show on WoL.
    It's similar to how dispelling a magic dot doesn't count as healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerio View Post
    It's similar to how dispelling a magic dot doesn't count as healing.
    They should at least count it as blocked damage or even absorbed, would be nice if it showed up so you could see how effective you are at clearing it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Purified Stagger WILL show up on WoL. I'm pretty sure it is classified as absorbed. It doesn't show up as healing done, but if you look at damage taken by spell, and look at how much stagger was absorbed, I am pretty sure that is purified stagger. Not positive.

Just wondering if I should take the trinket from Elegon, or use the Shado-Pan rep one? I have the rep one right now and Relic of Xuen, curious if the Bottle of Infinite stars would be better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamadenhu View Post
    Purified Stagger WILL show up on WoL. I'm pretty sure it is classified as absorbed. It doesn't show up as healing done, but if you look at damage taken by spell, and look at how much stagger was absorbed, I am pretty sure that is purified stagger. Not positive.
    i think the absorbed stagger dmg is the dmg that is absorbed from PW:S from a priest and similiar abilities

10+ Year Old Account
    does Dampen Harm reduce only physical attacks or any attacks (spell damage included)?

Doesent say anything about being only physical attacks, so it probably affects both spell and physical damage. Im not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by wowhead
    Apply Aura: Absorb Damage (Arcane, Fire, Frost, Holy, Nature, Physical, Shadow)
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=122278/dampen-harm

So i would say...yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zucchellij View Post
    Just wondering if I should take the trinket from Elegon, or use the Shado-Pan rep one? I have the rep one right now and Relic of Xuen, curious if the Bottle of Infinite stars would be better for me.
    I'm in the same boat as you. However i've not got my hands on the Elegon trinket yet and wondering if Bottled stars + shado-pan would be better then any of the previous two in combination with DMF trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by zucchellij View Post
    If you want EH with bursts of better self healing and avoidance, get the trinket off of Elegon. If you want constant better self healing and avoidance with bursts of energy regeneration, use the Shado-Pan trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. However i've not got my hands on the Elegon trinket yet and wondering if Bottled stars + shado-pan would be better then any of the previous two in combination with DMF trinket.
    The Xuen trinket is better than both of them, unless you're going for EH, in which case the Elegon trinket is better. However, I'd never replace my Xuen with Bottled Stars. The DMF relic's just too powerful. If anything, I'd switch it out for the Niuzao one.