Got the Lei Shi trinket on my first kill of her last night.

That huge crit proc is doing wonders for my EB uptime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The Xuen trinket is better than both of them, unless you're going for EH, in which case the Elegon trinket is better. However, I'd never replace my Xuen with Bottled Stars. The DMF relic's just too powerful. If anything, I'd switch it out for the Niuzao one.
    Thanks for the response, but i should of been a lot more specific (A 4am shift kinda skewed my question). When i meant the shado-pan one I was talking about the Hawkmaster's Talon + Xuen or Xuen + Bottled Stars.

Deleted
    A comment to the enchant discussion on the last page. I tested 2x dancing steel last ID in order to compare it with 1xwindsong 1xdancing steel.

Here is a log from will of the emperor with 2x dancing steel :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10425&e=10831 (uptime 45%)

Here is a log with 1x windsong and 1 x dancing steel from the same encounter one week earlier:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15432&e=15896 (uptime 51%)

So as you can see: for the dual wielding brewmasters out there : 2 x dancing steel is useless !

1x dancing steel + 1x windsong is the way to go.

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    Thanks for the response, but i should of been a lot more specific (A 4am shift kinda skewed my question). When i meant the shado-pan one I was talking about the Hawkmaster's Talon + Xuen or Xuen + Bottled Stars.
    I already answered that in the same post :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    -Snip-
    I'd like to see some more examples of the same comparison. A sample size of (1) is not statistically significant you could have just gotten lucky/unlucky with various procs and since they have a PPM component now the fact that the 2nd fight was 1 minute longer than the 1st log muddies the waters even more.

In other words, you haven't really proved anything yet.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    I already answered that in the same post :P
    Thanks. Not gonna make an excuse up for being tired, I'm just being totally retarded and didn't read it properly. Thanks again.

Deleted
    i would like to see something like a trinket list, like a ranking, i know that for tank trinkets there is no easy "that is the best for all and every situation" trinket list, but something that we could take to look after when we can get a new trinket.
    I am running with darkmoon agi + shado pan trinket, and it is possible that i can get a trinket from elegon hc or normalmode terrace.. and don't rly know what trinket to go for to replace the shado pan one (i hate you goddamn haste use effect!!)

what i wonder, can the bottle of infinite stars "drop" for a BrM with bonus roll?

Personally, I'm going for the Terrace trinket. I'd prefer a crit proc to an agi proc. Plus, EH is at an okay point for me, for now. That doesn't mean I won't go for the Elegon trinket either... but it's lower on my personal list o' prioritahs.

And I dunno... probably. I know the proper tank one is, so watch out. You might be better just waiting for it to drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    A comment to the enchant discussion on the last page. I tested 2x dancing steel last ID in order to compare it with 1xwindsong 1xdancing steel.

Here is a log from will of the emperor with 2x dancing steel :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10425&e=10831 (uptime 45%)

Here is a log with 1x windsong and 1 x dancing steel from the same encounter one week earlier:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15432&e=15896 (uptime 51%)

So as you can see: for the dual wielding brewmasters out there : 2 x dancing steel is useless !

1x dancing steel + 1x windsong is the way to go.

cheers,
    So you linked two logs, one was nearly a full minuite longer (the one with the higher uptime) than the other, your not expertise so you could just be unlucky that pull and as SurrealNight one guy posting logs for one fight that he did literally proves nothing.

Also im pretty sure Dancing Steel would have to have a horrible proc chance for it to be worth going dancing steel/ windsong due to Dancing Steel giving agi and windsong only giving mastery, crit or haste.

Plus the two logs you posted pretty much show how RNG the proc chance can be when your not expertise hard capped.

Deleted
    Personally, I'm going for the Terrace trinket. I'd prefer a crit proc to an agi proc. Plus, EH is at an okay point for me, for now. That doesn't mean I won't go for the Elegon trinket either... but it's lower on my personal list o' prioritahs.

And I dunno... probably. I know the proper tank one is, so watch out. You might be better just waiting for it to drop.
    well, after rethinking my post, i see that i should have known the trinket thing..

does switching to ww get you the chance of an bottle? :X because i realy want that elegon mount too, so i think i will use 1 coin on him no matter what drops. And if i do this i would prefer to have a chance to get the bottle..

edit: my brain is realy slow today.. just googled it, the loot is based on the spec that the person is in at the time of the roll.
    Last edited by mmoc5e8562902b; 2012-11-21 at 02:16 AM.

So just one question. Would it be a sign of too low eh, if lfr wind lord hits you for about 25% of you hp with one swing, while having shuffle up? I got absolutely cremed when i tried to tank it. I was keeping suffle uptime high, purifying when my stagger got moderate - high and using expel harm on cd too.

I know armory means little when discussing brm tanking, but here it is anyway. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sslee/advanced

Deleted
    you could just look at other logs from the same day and find the same result ... shouldnt be too hard ..

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 12:31 PM ----------

after looking through the logs you can sse the proc rates are between 30 and 50 % no matter if you have two DS or not. So it needs more testing but from a first glance i would say 2x DS is not worth it. Feel free to proove me wrong :P

Well i dont really use world of logs, since i've never had the need to do so. So i dont even know how to check logs for brewmasters for lfr wind lord today. So are you saying theres a bug or something for brewmasters? When i did it as a dps just seconds ago, i didnt see our druid + warrior tanks taking that much damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    edit: my brain is realy slow today.. just googled it, the loot is based on the spec that the person is in at the time of the roll.
    Right, if your after the bottle specifically (and mount) you'll want to switch to WW or you could end up getting the Vial of Dragon's Blood as BrM.

I've got a lot of logs using 2x Windsong and could go ahead and upgrade one of my weapons to Dancing steel and log some fights for a while. I'm not going expertise hard cap though so I'm not sure even that would tell anything.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Greetings, i just dinged 90 yesterday and did my first couple dungeons and got some new gear.
    Is there any recommendation for gemming? the guide goes over it pretty quick.

first try to get cap for hit and expertise. if you only go into dungeons, you don't need to go to the boss softcap. if you cannot reach that cap by reforging, you need to gem for it. after that go for haste, agi+haste, agi+stam, haste+stam.
    13/13

Monk

No, you don't need hit/exp caps. Just gem haste, does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    No, you don't need hit/exp caps. Just gem haste, does the job.
    I disagree. I know there has been thread after thread about this subject but completely ignoring hit/exp is just meh. A missed keg smash is horrid when you need guard up quickly. Who cares about total damage mitigated over the duration of the fight. In my opinion good tanking is about reacting to what's going on in the moment not so much over the course of the entire fight.

I currently reforge out of hit/exp a bit on Gara'jal hc and I do notice those missed KS.

Sure, you notice them on an individual basis, but over the entire fight the effect is inconsequential.

I recently stopped bothering to gear for the hit/exp caps, instead reforging out for more haste/crit. Sure, Keg Smash gets parried more. Did it make any difference to my tanking? Nope, not really, and I had a much higher Shuffle uptime than before. More EB procs too. Didn't take a noticeable hit to DPS either.

And as far as 'needing guard up quickly' goes... Plan for it. Watch your cooldown, make sure you have enough Chi for it beforehand. Simple enough.

We can't "prepare" for the randomness of healers getting incapacitated for whatever reason or randomness when a number of hits land on us in a short period. In my opinion not reaching at least soft cap is a bad move. Spreadsheets don't work for tanking. They may provide guidance to how you may prioritise stats but I would hazard a guess most top 10 tanks use their own judgement on how to reforge and gem based off class mechanic knowledge and what feels right for them and their healers.

I don't know how you have higher shuffle uptime. You sure you just haven't got better at monk tanking since you reforged? Show me one top 100 brewmaster ignoring hit/exp completely and I'll show you ten that don't ignore it and a number of them that actually go over softcap exp.

If you prefer this way of reforging and it works for your play style then so be it. I'm just not a fan of sending brewmasters coming here for guidance down an gearing route which isn't widely acknowledged by the community yet.