10+ Year Old Account
    if you JUST hit 90 you only need to be hit/exp capped to level 93 targets not the skull bosses since if you JUST his 90 you are probably not raid ready

i try to go for 5% hit and 9% exp for dungeon farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh I've found 6% for both is perfect, it puts you at total cap for hcs, and close enough to cap in raids that you dont get THAT many parry/dodges and you still have plenty of available stats for Haste/Crit.

tbh it's mostly personal preference.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    No, you don't need hit/exp caps. Just gem haste, does the job.
    Ask Mr Robot has a '5 man dungeon' setting which should put you around the proper stats/gems for that content. While it's high end viability can be debated it's still a good tool for a brand new 90 to get pointed in the right direction.

Raid stat weights take some tweaking on that site but you can find a lot of info in other threads about that when you get there. Right now the default raid weights put me at 7.51 hit/7.50 expertise perfectly so just depends on your gear levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i try to go for 5% hit and 9% exp for dungeon farming.
    Soft caps for both tiers (5 man vs raid) are fine, I personally wouldn't recommend this.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-11-22 at 04:46 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting with jade bandit's insignia and Xuen for my tank set and wondering if I should replace JBI with Stuff of nightmares LFR trinket (Mastery static with dodge proc) any input?

My Deviantart sig by Axa

10+ Year Old Account
    based on how bad the OTHER mastery/dodge trinket it... I'm gunna say no.

Assuming you mean Jade Bandit Figurine, I would say that and Xuen are both better than SoN, but that's just me, I'm sure some math types will be in here soon to give you REAL input.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    yes I meant figurine, my mind jumped to insignia ecause of that trinket from nax that was so badass but I never got on my dk >.<

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Alright a question. Can someone explain in a very easy way "stagger" and "purifying Brew". Cuz when i tank it sometimes lightup on my action bar. And i wonder if i should only use it then? Or shall i use it when i notice my stagger is just high? I did read the Guide here but diddnt really get a good answer on it.

Deleted
    It just comes down to what your circumstance is at the time. Personally i'll sit with my stagger at moderate and PB b4 a big hit comes in or i've got excess chi to spare. If it go's into the red it's and insta PB for me. It's a fantastic mechanic I think as it differs for each player imho. You'll know how good your healers are and if they can handle your constant dot. I do like to keep EH ready if i'm gonna have stagger up for a while so it's an insta PB when needed. It's just gonna be a case of trial and error till you get comfy with it

Quote Originally Posted by Weethor View Post
    It just comes down to what your circumstance is at the time. Personally i'll sit with my stagger at moderate and PB b4 a big hit comes in or i've got excess chi to spare. If it go's into the red it's and insta PB for me. It's a fantastic mechanic I think as it differs for each player imho. You'll know how good your healers are and if they can handle your constant dot. I do like to keep EH ready if i'm gonna have stagger up for a while so it's an insta PB when needed. It's just gonna be a case of trial and error till you get comfy with it
    Sorry but that did not help at all :S

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Sorry but that did not help at all :S
    Once stagger is up, you'll get an icon by where your debuffs normally show up. It has 3 states: a green, a yellow and a red. The rule of thumb is use Purify when its yellow or red.

In time, as you practice and get better with your toon and learn your healers tendencies, you might be able to push yellow longer without purifying because you want to save it for a big incoming hit...but like I said, just use PB when its yellow or red for now.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2012-11-24 at 10:43 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Anyone got any tips for bladelord normal? We downing it tonight pretty surely (last time we had a 12% wipe after 4 tries total on the boss). Not having any huge problems managing the damage, exept sometimes when i take an assault at 1 stack of debuff. Just want to make it as smooth as possible.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Anyone got any tips for bladelord normal? We downing it tonight pretty surely (last time we had a 12% wipe after 4 tries total on the boss). Not having any huge problems managing the damage, exept sometimes when i take an assault at 1 stack of debuff. Just want to make it as smooth as possible.

Thanks.
    A good timed guard or dampen harm is nice for the second strike. Since the timer of the strike is quite reliable its not to hard to time your cooldown.

Timing cooldowns is the best thing. Also ensuring you have Shuffle up, and 1 chi to immediately purify your stagger after being hit.

Also we can roll through the tornados (or at least, that's been my experience) so do that at the end of the run to avoid being annoyingly hit by tornados that spawn unexpectedly.

Perhaps quite a noobish question. Is there a reliable bis gear list for monk? (not sure if IcyVeins one is good to look at). My questions comes from the fact that I have Softfoot Silentwrap (489 chest) and I have a possibility to replace it with Chestguard of Nemesis which is 496 but has mastery which is not so great and I'm nto really sure if this will be an upgrade or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Perhaps quite a noobish question. Is there a reliable bis gear list for monk? (not sure if IcyVeins one is good to look at). My questions comes from the fact that I have Softfoot Silentwrap (489 chest) and I have a possibility to replace it with Chestguard of Nemesis which is 496 but has mastery which is not so great and I'm nto really sure if this will be an upgrade or not.
    Easy comparison, just check the differences.

Softfoot gains you 761 Exp 554 Hit
    Chestguard gains you 77 Agi 116 Stam 66 Armor 756 Mastery 691 Crit

They each have a blue socket. Softfoot's socket bonus is better, and it's a yellow socket vs a red.

Throw those into your stat weights of choice. Just using AMR stat weights the Softfoot wins without reforging, but take that mastery into haste and the Chestguard wins. I think the higher ilvl is almost always going to win out.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2012-11-26 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    I'm sitting with jade bandit's insignia and Xuen for my tank set and wondering if I should replace JBI with Stuff of nightmares LFR trinket (Mastery static with dodge proc) any input?
    If you face fights were a mastery set could make sense then use this...i guess...i have nightmare but i stick to shadopan and xuen because i have yet to face mechanics that would pressure me into mastery

Alright a question. Can someone explain in a very easy way "stagger" and "purifying Brew". Cuz when i tank it sometimes lightup on my action bar. And i wonder if i should only use it then? Or shall i use it when i notice my stagger is just high? I did read the Guide here but diddnt really get a good answer on it.
    Purifying only lightens up when you hit red stagger (if memory serves correctly) which means..YES USE IT!

edit: To be more specific...at best you find a way to track your stagger better then looking at the debuffs. Normally its good to use it when in yellow..green normally means healers hot can take care of it...red should never last long.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-11-26 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    I've been thinking about this a lot, but is it me or does brewmaster scale really well with gear? I only play it as my off-spec (480ish ilvl atm) and can already have 30-36% uptime on elusive brew on full uptime singletarget fights like spirit kings. Let's say we skip ahead a tier, and have a rag hc type of fight at end, and are around 515 ilvl or so. We also keep 2 pieces of t14 and have a ton more stats to play with, "soft-capping" our haste till comfortable, tons more agility (that gives dodge and crit) and a lot more crit as well. If the boss requires 2 tanks because of debuff (the most common tank swap, no?), wouldn't you be able to keep HUGE effective uptime on elusive brew, close to 100%? I'm talking about like 80-90% parry/dodge combined virtually all the time, depending on how quick taunts come ofcourse (something like spiritbinder wouldn't work I suppose).

Skip ahead another tier and maybe we'll have critcaps for 2tank fights, where we generate stacks quicker than we can consume, and reforging into dodge/parry till almost unhittable. Or am I overestimating the extra stats that will come on gear?

if stagger is red, the brew icon will blink because of the "HOLY SHIT PUSH ME OR YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!!!!"
    so if your are tanking hard hitting bosses like the emperor or the wind lord, keep 1 chi for the brew.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    I've been thinking about this a lot, but is it me or does brewmaster scale really well with gear? I only play it as my off-spec (480ish ilvl atm) and can already have 30-36% uptime on elusive brew on full uptime singletarget fights like spirit kings. Let's say we skip ahead a tier, and have a rag hc type of fight at end, and are around 515 ilvl or so. We also keep 2 pieces of t14 and have a ton more stats to play with, "soft-capping" our haste till comfortable, tons more agility (that gives dodge and crit) and a lot more crit as well. If the boss requires 2 tanks because of debuff (the most common tank swap, no?), wouldn't you be able to keep HUGE effective uptime on elusive brew, close to 100%? I'm talking about like 80-90% parry/dodge combined virtually all the time, depending on how quick taunts come ofcourse (something like spiritbinder wouldn't work I suppose).

Skip ahead another tier and maybe we'll have critcaps for 2tank fights, where we generate stacks quicker than we can consume, and reforging into dodge/parry till almost unhittable. Or am I overestimating the extra stats that will come on gear?
    We do scale pretty well, yeah. I doubt we'll hit 100% avoidance though. Diminishing returns and all that (and the fact that there's no native dodge/parry on the vast majority of our gear).

I'm currently hit/exp softcapped (7.5%/7.5%), haste soft capped (13.33 energy regen), and still have a decent amount of crit. That can only get better as I get into heroic gear, when I'm able to push a lot more into crit. We're still far away from 100% uptime on Elusive Brew, but I can see it being attainable before the expansion ends. Once we reach that point, well. Gearing for stamina/mastery? Will be interesting to consider, at any rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm currently hit/exp softcapped (7.5%/7.5%), haste soft capped (13.33 energy regen), and still have a decent amount of crit.
    I'm getting pretty close to the haste "soft cap" (think I'm at 13.13 regen) do you think that is a legit cap? Have you tried stacking haste beyond that? Don't think I've read anyone that has experimented with being at vs above that cap.

I plan to do the same thing and start stacking crit to improve EB stacks and I really love that ability. Hitting it before each Thrash on Sha and rarely watching my health budge was really satisfying.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.