Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The stats are mostly fine, to be honest. The only stats on our tier pieces that are kinda bad are dodge and mastery: the rest are quite useful in one way or another. And hell, mastery has its uses for some boss fights.

So yeah, the shoulders are the piece you shouldn't use. There're shoulders from Shek'zeer which are far better itemised as well (crit/haste).
    LOL, bonus rolled the shoulders last night on Heroic, but still need tier legs/chest for 4 piece. 20% extra Guard is amazing.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    LOL, bonus rolled the shoulders last night on Heroic, but still need tier legs/chest for 4 piece. 20% extra Guard is amazing.
    I don't even have my 2P yet, I hate you all =( Clearing all 16 bosses each week plus LFR + Sha and only have gloves..... Bad enough when a token finally drops I'll have to roll for it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I don't even have my 2P yet, I hate you all =( Clearing all 16 bosses each week plus LFR + Sha and only have gloves..... Bad enough when a token finally drops I'll have to roll for it.
    Yea. I hate my gear right now stat-wise, but it is all that drops so forced to take it until probably I farm it for 5 more months and possibly get my full complete optimal gear setup the week before the new tier comes out.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far as I'm concerned higher iLevel is always good even if it isn't well itemized. The extra Agil/Stam should make it worth it and heck we get a little boost to our pitiful armor.

Outside of your bracers I don't see what you have to complain about =P I don't really count trinkets they are fickle creatures, I remember how long my DK used Mirror of Broken Images for a long time vs magic fights. Got legs from H Stone Guard and a marginal upgrade to my cloak but outside of that haven't seen a drop since before Thanksgiving....

I don't see the next tier coming out any time soon and I think the % of guilds through heroic HoF/Terrace is still very small. Hopefully I'm most of the way through it before they drop any nerfs though now that I have a good group.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me, ilvl doesn't matter as much as what secondary stats the item has. I will use a 276 cloak with crit/haste over a 296 cloak with hit/mastery all day long.

I've worked hard to get gear that doesn't have mastery on it and valor upgrading the pieces I have instead of getting some of the 296 stuff from HoF. Most of that junk is horribly itemized for us.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll assume your 4 key is broken So you'd pass up 503 Protector legs in this scenario? http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=90518

Had the 489 legs until last night so figured it was a good example
    [/URL]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao, yes..meant 476/496. Sorry, feeling a little under the weather today and this cold medicine has me out of it.

Yes, I would pass those leggings to my bear co-tank and keep my 489 legs. Using Valor Upgrading, when finished, the Stoneflesh Leggings will be ilvl 497 and give me optimal stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    Yes, I would pass those leggings to my bear co-tank and keep my 489 legs.
    Boot your bear and get a plate tank. Since that is the case I can understand passing to someone for better itemized gear, but in general I would advise others to take the highest iLevel they can get. Maybe others disagree.

We only have one STR user in our group so DK has been swimming in loot the last few weeks.... I know they wanted a pally or something but they are stuck with me =P
    [/URL]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, yeah our only plate user is a frost dk and she's been very lucky. Because my co-tank is a bear, I've been debating leveling my blood dk so there wouldn't be any competition for tanking gear. We've already had one squabble over the 496 boots that drop from the first boss in HoF. I told him I'd stay away from his mastery gear if he stayed away from my haste gear.

I'm still trying to get my guild to drop one of our tanks to DPS to take over for my Spriest and let me tank. In ilvl464 I know I can give us a ton more dps and a better tank quite frankly. Problem is we'd be going from 3 priests to 3 monks. Someday I'll convince them...
    Last edited by Ahsakura; 2012-12-14 at 10:33 PM.

I've read this (and other) threads from start to finish. I have to admit that I am a little confused about stat allocations. I feel like I may have more than enough haste and should probably start putting some into crit.

I'd like some input if you guys don't mind.

Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zengate/simple

Here is a link to a WoL kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2975&e=3322

Also, at what haste rating do you begin to consider switching from PS to ascension? I understand that much of this depends on playstyle but I'd like some input.

Thanks.

Well, I changed Jab Talent to Ascension, wich I think it's better. My survivability grew as I had more haste and could generate more chi. I went to exp cap and I think im better than before. Anyone went to exp cap and feel it's better than less exp/more haste and crit?

Quote Originally Posted by gatecrasher View Post
    Also, at what haste rating do you begin to consider switching from PS to ascension? I understand that much of this depends on playstyle but I'd like some input.

Thanks.
    About to start a raid, but basically when you're fine with your chi generation for your progression (as in you don't feel starved due to needing to PB too much and can still keep your shuffle up at a solid level), then you can switch to crit. Ascension vs PS is kinda dependent on if your haste on your gear can get you enough PB's for a fight, or if you need to supplement it with the extra chi you get from PS.

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    Well, I changed Jab Talent to Ascension, wich I think it's better. My survivability grew as I had more haste and could generate more chi. I went to exp cap and I think im better than before. Anyone went to exp cap and feel it's better than less exp/more haste and crit?
    You don't generate more chi. You simply generate more energy to use chi-consuming abilities more frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gatecrasher View Post
    I've read this (and other) threads from start to finish. I have to admit that I am a little confused about stat allocations. I feel like I may have more than enough haste and should probably start putting some into crit.

I'd like some input if you guys don't mind.

Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zengate/simple

Here is a link to a WoL kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2975&e=3322

Thanks.
    You do have quite a bit of haste. The only way to answer your question is to pose one back at you; do you have enough chi to have shuffle up, guard on cd, and PB when you want to? There is no hard and fast number b/c it depends on your playstyle, your healers, and the individual boss you are fighting. If you find yourself spending chi on BoF and lvl30 talents then you probably have too much haste and could afford to shift some into crit.

PS is going to give you more chi until 9k+ haste than Asc would. You wouldn't really want that much chi however...as was discussed previously. What Asc does is give you some quality of life things and more chi in a short term window in case shit starts moving fan-ward. Your rotation also feels 'smoother' with Asc. It's sort of your own opinion though if a few more chi over a fight is worth the trade. There is no right or wrong answer.

Edit: Damn Mad beat me to it.

Just curious, about to have a brewmaster to 90, would the tank or the agi DMC trinklet be any good to start out with?

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Just curious, about to have a brewmaster to 90, would the tank or the agi DMC trinklet be any good to start out with?
    Arguably, the Agility DMF trinket is BiS till Heroic Terror in the Mists. It procs twice as much as Terror and the gains from Normal and RF Terror are negligible to DMF Agi trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    Arguably, the Agility DMF trinket is BiS till Heroic Terror in the Mists. It procs twice as much as Terror and the gains from Normal and RF Terror are negligible to DMF Agi trinket.
    Alright tyvm, just the answer i was looking for

What are the thoughts on the Dominance agility/crit (on use) trinket (can't remember the name)?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of on use trinkets, especially for Brewmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    Not a fan of on use trinkets, especially for Brewmaster.
    Its weird how when presented with a scenario two people see complete opposites as answers.

See, I think on use is better for monk, considering we don't have many CDs and our biggest issue is bursts or special circumstances.

Granted, I don't know that crit on use is good idea, that's why I'm asking about that trinket, but I like on use in general.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown