Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post

I also believe you may be misreading the proc however, at this point it only adds together your secondary stats that aren't your highest. So say you have 7000 crit, 5000 haste and 1500 mastery. When the trinket procs, you -5000 haste -1500 mastery and +6500 CRIT, which in this case would still be worth nearly 10% crit.

Never mind, I re-read what you wrote, you're fine. But I'm also not sure it counts mastery buff, if it does that would be pretty baller.
    That is wrong you would get 13000 crit since you now get 200% of the combined secondary stats

Also a few interesting tidbits about the meta gem selection. The Dps meta, capacitive primal diamond, has changed from using spell crit to melee crit. SO, you're looking at 15 PPM At 5 stacks, fires Lightning Strike, which deals [280 + 75% AP] Nature damage. So lined up right with a lowball vengeance stack of only 100k and critting 50% of the time, you're looking at nearly a 6000 dps increase from simply using a metagem.

As for trinket pairing, I intend to use renatakis soul charm and rune of reorigination with a crit heavy build.

Im not gonna comment that posts above because...well, I know when I dont know a thing, but that meta gem looks, tasty XD

Now, I started making progress with Madgod tips, changed the glyphs, got some enchants, the one of the bracer is 1k and 500 gold in AH, so...dodge for now D=

My real question is, there is a haste...cap?Like, I saw many theory posts and such, but I normaly trust more people who tested for real, that would help me alot in the gem stuff, because Im kinda ''ok...I can put these haste ones...but arent that crit better too? Hum..."

That would help the reforge too, looking i already have to reforge alot of my mastery into haste or crit

about my...3% more Hit, well, Im reforging right now, tryng to make some sense in the build XD
    Last edited by Eijy; 2013-02-21 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eijy View Post
    My real question is, there is a haste...cap?Like, I saw many theory posts and such, but I normaly trust more people who tested for real, that would help me alot in the gem stuff, because Im kinda ''ok...I can put these haste ones...but arent that crit better too? Hum..."
    Haste caps are above anything else personal, and also affected by the content you're doing on. On wind lord for example you'll want more than for example garajal. I run with roughly 6k but for a decent amount of fights I could easily get away with less. Just try it out for yourself, and get enough till you're comfortable.

Has anyone tested a lot on the PTR yet? Was wondering how many 1-tank fights there are. Just got 502 fist from garajal and was wondering if it was a good idea to upgrade it (going to valor cap before 5.2 otherwise anyway), although it's not too big a boost for brewmaster, it's by far best upgrade for when I go dps.

I have only 3k 500 D= dear lord derpette, but oh well, I cant put a 7.5 hit and exp rate, my reforge jumps all of them to at least 7.90% geeez, but I will try to get my haste more up and then work out crit, thanks for the help Derpette

Also a few interesting tidbits about the meta gem selection. The Dps meta, capacitive primal diamond, has changed from using spell crit to melee crit. SO, you're looking at 15 PPM At 5 stacks, fires Lightning Strike, which deals [280 + 75% AP] Nature damage. So lined up right with a lowball vengeance stack of only 100k and critting 50% of the time, you're looking at nearly a 6000 dps increase from simply using a metagem.

As for trinket pairing, I intend to use renatakis soul charm and rune of reorigination with a crit heavy build.
    As a BrM mainspec and having done the fights on PTR, the Tanking meta will be handy. 20% reduction in physical damage taken is pretty decent considering that most of those fights are physical in nature.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

As Gynshon says, the tanking meta is pretty tasty. I'm not sure if we can ignore it in favour of more DPS. I'm sure there'll be some fights where more DPS is the better option, but for those I'd imagine having a second helm would be the best thing to do.

There isn't really any sort of cap, per se, but there is a point where you don't really need more haste. This point is essentially when you're able to keep Shuffle up 100% of the time whilst using PB and the T30 healing talents as often as you personally like. As such, any sort of 'cap' is entirely personal and up to your own preferences and playstyle.

Some like low haste (like 2-3k). Some like high haste (9k+). Some go for a healthy balance (around 5-6k). Try them out, see how they work for you. As you can see in my armory I've gone for the middle option and it works well for me. YMMV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    As Gynshon says, the tanking meta is pretty tasty. I'm not sure if we can ignore it in favour of more DPS. I'm sure there'll be some fights where more DPS is the better option, but for those I'd imagine having a second helm would be the best thing to do.
    Obviously if DPS matters for the fight and tank survival is not an issue I would agree but sounds like the bosses are hitting pretty beefy on PTR and for once Blizz didn't take the approach of giving out some under-tuned absorb shield and actually gave a DR proc, so I have the feeling it would be the go-to meta of choice during progression.

Would be interesting if someone wanted to sim out the DPS differences between the viable meta's.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Any time you get 200% of something, there's probably going to be a way to abuse it for some degen dps gains. I'd personally be OK with the way this trinket functions as it stands after the fix.
    Yeah, I can't see it lasting in its current form. The WWs are already looking at re-originating to mastery and getting like +150% damage from tiger eye brew. Won't be long for the youtube videos to show up if it goes live this way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    1) Okay, fair enough. Just, you know, you asked for an audit, and it was the first thing I saw :P

2) I would say so yeah, at least in terms of min-maxing. You can check the gemming section of this guide for the priority if you go that direction. More health doesn't really hurt, but it's really not that necessary. Even in heroic modes at most you'll just want a trinket, flasks, and food. Gemming and enchanting for stamina isn't really that necessary.

3) I typically roll with Glyph of Zen Meditation, Glyph of Breath of Fire (it works like an interrupt, kinda, on trash... no real use on bosses though), and Glyph of Fortifying Brew. I'll switch out BoF's glyph for Guard's on magic-heavy fights. You could probably use SCK's glyph here instead of BoF's, but really I find both to not provide too much of a benefit during encounters.
    Ok, put the gems, ok ok, I admit im holding on in the stamina ones, dont take that away from me so fast D= seeing my HP going lower lower are making me like ''omg'' because I was a dk tank for some years, but...yeah, reforged alot of mastery into haste and crit, some other thing I may be missing?

Im going to take the stamina haste gems out, after doing some raids, seeing if Im ok or not

And I forgot to tell Madgod, Im pretty ok with my haste, but seeing other good monk armorys I decided to up a little.

Btw, really thanks for all the help

Ok, put the gems, ok ok, I admit im holding on in the stamina ones, dont take that away from me so fast D= seeing my HP going lower lower are making me like ''omg'' because I was a dk tank for some years, but...yeah, reforged alot of mastery into haste and crit, some other thing I may be missing?

Im going to take the stamina haste gems out, after doing some raids, seeing if Im ok or not

And I forgot to tell Madgod, Im pretty ok with my haste, but seeing other good monk armorys I decided to up a little.

Btw, really thanks for all the help
    My previous experiences as a tank were as a protection paladin. Back in ICC, we didn't even use the tank shoulder enchant. We used the PvP one because it had stamina. Trust me when I say "stamina's only good if you're not doing well, and even then, practice will usually overcome that."

Having a couple's fine, if they match the socket.

But yeah everything seems okay at least as far as I can tell. Good luck!

As other said 20% dmg reduction procc seems to be too good to pass for dps

Lf audit i guess, currently progressing through heroic msv but feel my Hp pool is abit to low, doing quite high dmg so is there any way i can sac some dps for migitation/eh?

esp on feng hc add phase i tend to get hit for insane amount of dmg.. but might just be how the cookie crumbles on that fight?

anyways here's a link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rolla/advanced

Edit: buffed during raids im at 525k, 560-70 ish during combat "resto shaman",
    using agi flask, agi food, got stam trinkets for fights like lei shi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Lf audit i guess, currently progressing through heroic msv but feel my Hp pool is abit to low, doing quite high dmg so is there any way i can sac some dps for migitation/eh?

esp on feng hc add phase i tend to get hit for insane amount of dmg.. but might just be how the cookie crumbles on that fight?

anyways here's a link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rolla/advanced

Edit: buffed during raids im at 525k, 560-70 ish during combat "resto shaman",
    using agi flask, agi food, got stam trinkets for fights like lei shi
    Found your problem!

((In seriousness, logs of fights where you die would be useful to tell what you may have been doing wrong. I survived H Feng in less gear so I don't think it's necessarily the problem, and I can't tell if you're doing anything wrong with your gear setup, at least... you're .15% over hit cap, but that's really it.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I missing something why is the damage higher during Feng's shield phase? Maybe your healers are just getting distracted and not giving you as much love during that period?

I basically either continue to focus on tanking the boss if I have him or run over and spin my way to SCK dps victory when the adds pop up.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

sadly we don't have logs, no idea why guild doesnt want em, but we're rather social raiding so might be why, ppl dont wanna go to deep into numbers, ruining the fun i guess(??).

dont know if helps without logs but i have shuffle up every second im tanking, EB i can pull back to back most often, guard on cd/// saving a few seconds depending on if i know im gonna need it,

i tanked a total of 58sec lower than our other tank but i took about 5mil more dmg, wich feels odd to me, its not that i dont survive, its that i have to puch my healers limit abit more than needed during this ecounter for example.

also

Found your problem!
    I lol'd

Am I missing something why is the damage higher during Feng's shield phase? Maybe your healers are just getting distracted and not giving you as much love during that period?
    hmm could be. but the fact that our other tank isnt dipping anywhere near the dipps i do makes me wonder if its from my side.

I basically either continue to focus on tanking the boss if I have him or run over and spin my way to SCK dps victory when the adds pop up.
    pretty much the same, glyphing fire aswell, for that extra help
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-02-22 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm could be. but the fact that our other tank isnt dipping anywhere near the dipps i do makes me wonder if its from my side.
    You really should get some logs and at least upload them privately to review. The only thing I can say would be Shuffle is dropping and poor Guard useage otherwise we are at no disadvantage on that fight and the shield phases should actually be some of the lowest damage periods of the fight.

So you either have a hole in your play style or your healers don't like you =P
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Found your problem!

((In seriousness, logs of fights where you die would be useful to tell what you may have been doing wrong. I survived H Feng in less gear so I don't think it's necessarily the problem, and I can't tell if you're doing anything wrong with your gear setup, at least... you're .15% over hit cap, but that's really it.))
    Pointing out someone is .15% over the hit mark isn't something that can be easily addressed without falling under said hit mark. If their goal is to reach the hit mark, then chances are they will always be over in some way. Once this tier I was at 7.50% exactly, and once this tier I was at 15.00% expertise exactly when I was testing a full expertise build out. It is rare, as you will invariably be either over or under.

Kittycovox - The one thing to look at is if you are tanking the boss and taking extra stacks of the debuff during that time because your other tank is too focused on the shadow adds. That will have a dramatic impact when first starting out on that fight.

sadly we don't have logs, no idea why guild doesnt want em, but we're rather social raiding so might be why, ppl dont wanna go to deep into numbers, ruining the fun i guess(??).

dont know if helps without logs but i have shuffle up every second im tanking, EB i can pull back to back most often, guard on cd/// saving a few seconds depending on if i know im gonna need it,

i tanked a total of 58sec lower than our other tank but i took about 5mil more dmg, wich feels odd to me, its not that i dont survive, its that i have to puch my healers limit abit more than needed during this ecounter for example.
    It's pretty easy to set up an account, so I'd recommend doing that... I actually never used logs myself until I joined my latest guild, funnily enough.

My only question is are you rotating externals? I'd recommend keeping up some cooldowns during your time tanking to minimize that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Pointing out someone is .15% over the hit mark isn't something that can be easily addressed without falling under said hit mark. If their goal is to reach the hit mark, then chances are they will always be over in some way. Once this tier I was at 7.50% exactly, and once this tier I was at 15.00% expertise exactly when I was testing a full expertise build out. It is rare, as you will invariably be either over or under.
    Well obviously, but .15's a good chunk of points, relatively speaking. If it was less than .1 then I wouldn't have mentioned something, but there's definitely ways to smooth out some of that.

Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't really change hit, but in this case Neffrolla, you can. Do the following reforges:

Head - Leave as is
    Neck - Mastery to Hit
    Shoulder - Expertise to Crit
    Back - Mastery to Crit
    Chest - No reforge
    Bracer - Leave as is
    Gloves - Leave as is
    Waist - Hit to Crit
    Legs - Leave as is
    Boots - Crit to Hit
    Windreaver ring - Hit to Haste
    Anji's Keepsake - Haste to Crit
    Trinkets - As is
    Wpn - As is

This gives you:

Hit - 2552, Exp - 2571, Haste - 4502, Crit - 5538.

This is what I would recommend and as you get better gear, change as needed.