Alternatively, since it takes the boss about 4 seconds to cast lightning whip/thunderstruck while the tank debuff only lasts 8 seconds, just run (roughly) a quadrant away from him and wait for him to catch up. Your stacks will drop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Alternatively, since it takes the boss about 4 seconds to cast lightning whip/thunderstruck while the tank debuff only lasts 8 seconds, just run (roughly) a quadrant away from him and wait for him to catch up. Your stacks will drop
    Hey it was the 1 time I had to solo tank it so far for that long =P Was hoping that BoP would just clear it and think it was the 2nd whip that I noticed I just needed 2 spare seconds get get it cleared. Will know for next time if that happens.

Oddly soon as we got rid of Bouncing Bolt first thing we one shot it with that strat.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Just an FYI my stam blues are because I was breaking hit cap so I replaced them with the next best for that slot, and mastery forging was a "better than nothing" trying to shed hit/exp/haste since I don't do the 15% exp cap. So my profile may look a little weird but it's not choices made cause I do 25m.

I did clear our first Lei Shen kill with a Stam flask + LW wrists but it wasn't really needed, just didn't want to have a wipe result from me barely dying in an "oh sh*t" scenario like getting 2-3 big adds to tank + boss or something stupid.

Actually was amazed how well BrM can hold up as we had one attempt where I had to take 30+ stacks in P3 several times (getting them bop'd off) as other tank died almost right away and only died after the raid was exploded anyways.

Oh and BoP doesn't clear your stacks but if you get it right at the end of lightning lash it will give you those last few seconds you need before /cancelaura to clear it.
    Interesting.

Let me know how things change for you as you start heroics. Our progression is pretty similar so I'm curious what your experiences with stam/mastery will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of tossing on a Stam flask and my LW enchants I don't plan to change how I'm currently gearing unless I see some EH related deaths that I feel would have been avoidable (I'm usually the near last to die or X event was going to kill me no matter what). So I'll let you know since we starting next week.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    That's the problem. It's normals. Not trying to be an elitist, but no one cares what you rank on normals because all the better players/guilds have since moved on to heroics. Yes, there are some good players not doing heroics yet, but they are in terrible guilds because this tier is how many weeks old? 7 weeks I think? That is a pretty long time to not have at least one heroic down.
    Our guild started t14 about 3 months late, had to pug members for most of the tier until we finally got a solid core right before ToT with only 4/16 heroics and an avg raid ilvl of roughly 494. We also only raid 6 hours a week, occasionally stretching for 7, and we only just got lei shen normal last week.

Thing is, the only bosses who gave us even a modicum of trouble were Tortos and Durumu, even Lei Shen went down like a loot pinata. Does that mean we're not good players or a good guild? We'll see how we go in heroics this week!

6 hours is awfully limiting for progression and learning. XD

Going to try iron qon 10 man heroic this sunday, we might try it with me solo tanking. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions regarding stats for this boss or is it the normal crit build that should so do the trick?
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Outside of tossing on a Stam flask and my LW enchants I don't plan to change how I'm currently gearing unless I see some EH related deaths that I feel would have been avoidable (I'm usually the near last to die or X event was going to kill me no matter what). So I'll let you know since we starting next week.
    Just got Jinrok on heroic last night.

It was ACTUALLY pretty much stupidly easy once people stopped getting hit by avoidable damage and standing in fire.

(You can say that about any fight.... but it's kinda true. Some people just can't do stuff right and then you don't kill bosses)

I also want to respond to the comment made on the prior page about how if you're not doing hardmodes 7 weeks in you're in a terrible guild.

Nine people. Eight people. Seven people. Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, or even just ONE person can stop you from getting even NORMAL mode kills. Let alone heroic mode kills. Especially in 10mans ... So if you write off a guild as terrible because of a few or even just one "bad" player... well, you're welcome to do that, but I think it's a rather ignorant way to look at it.

People aren't lining up to join guilds that aren't best-on-server or best-on-faction, so sometimes you've just got, what you've got. Having a weak link or a few doesn't make a guild bad.

Just an FYI my stam blues are because I was breaking hit cap so I replaced them with the next best for that slot, and mastery forging was a "better than nothing" trying to shed hit/exp/haste since I don't do the 15% exp cap. So my profile may look a little weird but it's not choices made cause I do 25m.

I did clear our first Lei Shen kill with a Stam flask + LW wrists but it wasn't really needed, just didn't want to have a wipe result from me barely dying in an "oh sh*t" scenario like getting 2-3 big adds to tank + boss or something stupid.

Actually was amazed how well BrM can hold up as we had one attempt where I had to take 30+ stacks in P3 several times (getting them bop'd off) as other tank died almost right away and only died after the raid was exploded anyways.

Oh and BoP doesn't clear your stacks but if you get it right at the end of lightning lash it will give you those last few seconds you need before /cancelaura to clear it.
    Yeah monks are really good on that fight. On our kill the other night we had 2 low dps in there that normally aren't, so we weren't able to push the 2nd transition in time, decided to take it into my own hands and pad the shit out of meters. Zen Men first decap/Fort Brew + DH 2nd, pushed transition before 3rd, then spam sat in p2/3 whenever I had a CD up. You shouldn't need to get any extra bonus stam outside of a flask/food until maybe Tortos if you're tanking bats, at least from what I've seen.

Ok..umm..I'm going to start raiding soon. How up to date is this guide? Cause it still says Deadly Reach is part of our talents.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Ok..umm..I'm going to start raiding soon. How up to date is this guide? Cause it still says Deadly Reach is part of our talents.
    It's fine in terms of the information you need.

Deadly Reach's replacement is a niche talent.

Deleted
    Can any give any advise? I get 517 ítem gear, but i cant get moré that 100k in boss unitarget.

I reforge 5k haste and the rest for critic.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gheisaa/simple

Get moré haste? Get moré critic?

Quote Originally Posted by Clubwar View Post
    Can any give any advise? I get 517 ítem gear, but i cant get moré that 100k in boss unitarget.

Half your gear has mastery. So those stats are totally going to waste. You have some gear reforged out of mastery and into other stats, and some stuff you're just leaving it reforged.

1) get rid of as much mastery as you can
    2) get rid of as much stam as you can (swap those /stam gems into /hit gems unless it puts you grossly over hitcap)
    3) post WoL so I can see what you're actually doing during fights.

Also I'm assuming you're talking about your BrM DPS... otherwise we're in the wrong thread and I'm looking at your wrong spec.

Any Brewmaster specific advice on the last 3 bosses of ToT normal? We finally downed Dark Animus last night once we all stopped making some silly mistakes with the setup at the beginning but we couldn't get any real pulls on Qon because our Warrior dc'd (computer/internet troubles we think) during trash before Qon.

I'm not terrible worried about any of the fights since I feel like I have a decent grasp of them based on the guides I've read and videos I've watched but if there's anything Brewmaster specific you guy could offer (Talents, Glyphs, things to look out for or make sure that I do) I would really appreciate it. I want to get done with Normals ASAP so we can start moving into Heroics.

Deleted

very simple : replace zen sphere with chi wave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    Any Brewmaster specific advice on the last 3 bosses of ToT normal?
    IQ: Basically the Feng of T15. Swap at two stacks, put particle density at least to "Good" as the P2 and P3 spear lines are stupid hard to see for some reason. Cycle through your CD's liberally you can work in Fort Brew once per dog + end burn. For such a long fight this is a suprising DPS check so make sure you are roaring/rolling/lusting off the ice lines debuff if hit and using Xuen near CD.

Consorts: Fun fight for BrM. I take out the 1st two Nightmares usually, cleave down with Xuen + Potion and retaunt then burn down 2nd like normal. You'll be kissing your roll button for the day phase since it's so easy to pull the boss to ice comets. Fire boss tank debuff hits the hardest try to have Guard or DH at least up for the 2nd stack.

Lei Shen: Can't remember if you do 10m or 25m so strats vary a lot. You can use Zen Med + FortBrew/DH combo's to soak decapitates for massive vengeance. Outside that have fun AoE'ing all the ball lightning adds and getting used to how all the abilities line up depending on the energy you take each set of pillars too.
    [/URL]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Half your gear has mastery. So those stats are totally going to waste. You have some gear reforged out of mastery and into other stats, and some stuff you're just leaving it reforged.

1) get rid of as much mastery as you can
    2) get rid of as much stam as you can (swap those /stam gems into /hit gems unless it puts you grossly over hitcap)
    3) post WoL so I can see what you're actually doing during fights.

Also I'm assuming you're talking about your BrM DPS... otherwise we're in the wrong thread and I'm looking at your wrong spec.
    I use Askmyrobot, and use cap haste 0.12 and 0.01, this is 5000 haste.

And 7 items that you see are my BIS, so i dont think that are bad items...

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    very simple : replace zen sphere with chi wave
    Thx men, i change too Xuen panther and Ascension for more chi

I use Askmyrobot, and use cap haste 0.12 and 0.01, this is 5000 haste.

And 7 items that you see are my BIS, so i dont think that are bad items...

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 08:14 PM ----------

Thx men, i change too Xuen panther and Ascension for more chi

You asked about getting more DPS.

There's nothing -wrong- with more haste, and it's more DPS.

Mastery is a deadweight stat for DPS.

If you want more DPS ditch the stats that are doing nothing for you even if it means taking some stats that you wanted less of. More haste isn't going to -hurt- you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    You asked about getting more DPS.

There's nothing -wrong- with more haste, and it's more DPS.

Mastery is a deadweight stat for DPS.

If you want more DPS ditch the stats that are doing nothing for you even if it means taking some stats that you wanted less of. More haste isn't going to -hurt- you.
    To be fair, reforging from 10,000 mastery to 10,000 haste will gain you somewhere in the range of 3% of your max dps. Maybe. In this dude's case, he -might- eke out something like 0.4% dps from reforging his mastery away. Haste is a pretty worthless dps stat (also pretty worthless overall imo).

In general, if a brewmaster is struggling with dps, it's not the gear's fault (although it contributes, slightly), but rather how they play. We need logs to determine if there is any improvement to be made.

Dat Advice
    Thank you tons! This is more or less what I'd thought but it's great to hear it. And I do 10man, I always forget to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    Thank you tons! This is more or less what I'd thought but it's great to hear it. And I do 10man, I always forget to mention.
    For Lei Shen, they say that Chi Burst is the way to go for all the adds. I'm currently *still* working on the kill but I finally switched to Zen Sphere. Which I guess is a nice compromise. Good luck.