Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Well the "like water" in eiltest jerks sais 2h is better when you have equal ilvl
    There's classes where EJ is better. (Paladin, unless Theck isn't involved anymore?) And there's classes where MMOchamp is better. Monk is one of the ones where you're better off trusting MMOchamp.

Until the 17th they didn't even have a fucking proper BrM guide up to begin with. I'm sure the guide that's up NOW is fine and all, but I'll stick to here, where I know the people, I know the info, and I know what I'll hear and discuss will be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    There's classes where EJ is better. (Paladin, unless Theck isn't involved anymore?) And there's classes where MMOchamp is better. Monk is one of the ones where you're better off trusting MMOchamp.

Until the 17th they didn't even have a fucking proper BrM guide up to begin with. I'm sure the guide that's up NOW is fine and all, but I'll stick to here, where I know the people, I know the info, and I know what I'll hear and discuss will be solid.
    Just nitpicking here, but the EJ guide has much more information backed by analysis than this guide. The Madgod doesn't even mention the DW vs 2H issue in the first post. Most "solid discussions" here are buried beneath 170+ pages and not mentioned in the OP.

To answer the weapon question itself - the 528/483 combo will be better due to extra agility (provided that the 483 is the Claws of Shek'zeer with 500 agility gem). In general, with equal ilvl a 2H staff/polearm will be better for tanking than 2 one-handers. If the ilvl is not equal, go for whichever option gives you more stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    Just nitpicking here, but the EJ guide has much more information backed by analysis than this guide. The Madgod doesn't even mention the DW vs 2H issue in the first post. Most "solid discussions" here are buried beneath 170+ pages and not mentioned in the OP.
    Because I write my guide for the necessities. Dunno about you but IMO analysis isn't a guide, it's the framework for a guide. When I go to a guide I don't care about how they got the information, as long as it's legitimate. I go to a guide to say "Okay. What do I need to do for this spec? X, Y, Z, A, B,C. Okay. Got it." No point in showing how you came to those conclusions in a document which is already going to be a wall of text. That's why the thread's got 170 pages. The discussion ultimately gets funneled into the guide... which does actually happen, hence why section 16 is there.

Plus DW vs 2h isn't really that much of an issue.

Admittedly they're more up to date than I am, though not on core mechanics. Just some spells.

I shouldn't have even said anything but I think my point was missed entirely so lets just forget about the whole thing and stick to discussing the OPness of brewmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Because I write my guide for the necessities.
    And it does that well. I'm not attacking you in any way here, just pointing out some differences. I do, however, think that if a question comes up often enough on the forums (like the "which weapons to use?" question), it's probably worth giving some advice about it in the guide.

Other than that, let's do what Trendy said and leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    And it does that well. I'm not attacking you in any way here, just pointing out some differences. I do, however, think that if a question comes up often enough on the forums (like the "which weapons to use?" question), it's probably worth giving some advice about it in the guide.

Other than that, let's do what Trendy said and leave it.
    I originally left it out because "it doesn't matter" but I do agree, it's worth noting, I suppose.

God I need to update this sucker someday. Maybe tomorrow, after Jury Duty. Eugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after 2+ months on inconsistent raid group we are finally getting some pulls on Tortos 10N tomorrow. The two tanks are myself and a pally. Trying to figure out who should be tanking what on that fight. As far as I can tell Snapping Bite is avoidable and on a set timer...so I could most likely have EB up for every single one a la Garalon "Why did you take half as much damage as I did?" asked my pally co-tank, "EB timing" I replied. I think I could pick up the bats easier, but with their self healing if I get too low would that necessitate me switching out my Renataki's and Shado Pan VP for EH trinkets? He's getting sort of sick of the "monks are the best tank for anything" type of rhetoric so I don't want to step on his toes if I don't have to. Any thoughts or tips?

Deleted
    Statue Taunt + RJW + KS easily makes you the most suited for the bat-tanking. Plus with a Paladin in your raid he will pull so much threat that after a while the bats will always go for him when they spawn, making the job of picking them up really really easy. You really don't need to use stamina trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Any thoughts or tips?
    Try to solo tank it, with either of you tanking it.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    Statue Taunt + RJW + KS easily makes you the most suited for the bat-tanking. Plus with a Paladin in your raid he will pull so much threat that after a while the bats will always go for him when they spawn, making the job of picking them up really really easy. You really don't need to use stamina trinkets.
    This is what we ended up with.

Tortos tanking is easy. Anyone can do it. We may be very good for it but the bat tanking we are good for too. And for dpsing boss when no bats up.

Speaking of Tortos... am I the only person that didn't know there was a non-intuitive hidden keybind for literally flipping your camera, and controls along with it, turning it into a chase-cam?

Perfect for kiting... will have to try it when we get to heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Speaking of Tortos... am I the only person that didn't know there was a non-intuitive hidden keybind for literally flipping your camera, and controls along with it, turning it into a chase-cam?

Perfect for kiting... will have to try it when we get to heroic.
    Do tell. Will I just find in keybinds section?

We are currently on Horridon HC on 10m. We play it with a 2 healer setup Monk and Disc-Priest. We do tank swappes from door to door. And on door 3 i'm on the boss and get hammer-smashed all the way. It's not the orbs neither any adds. I think, our healers have too much to do and so there is no constant healing on me. btw. i find disc priest not that good for that fight, because the monk can cover up the raid heal. maybe we need a pally? but, since we want to play it that way, maybe i have to do something to help my mates. does anybody here have some advice for that fight? is it "better" to go full mastery here? in my sig there is the armory link.

ah and another question. sometimes, ppl just die in that fight. for example: i was on 60% hp, the boss charged a player and puff, i was down. nothing in skada nor recount. just a big "siccopow dies". is that a bug or someting we just not figured out? if it was the add, that would be in the recount (but as a tank i get the add at very last)
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    We are currently on Horridon HC on 10m. We play it with a 2 healer setup Monk and Disc-Priest. We do tank swappes from door to door. And on door 3 i'm on the boss and get hammer-smashed all the way. It's not the orbs neither any adds. I think, our healers have too much to do and so there is no constant healing on me. btw. i find disc priest not that good for that fight, because the monk can cover up the raid heal. maybe we need a pally? but, since we want to play it that way, maybe i have to do something to help my mates. does anybody here have some advice for that fight? is it "better" to go full mastery here? in my sig there is the armory link.

ah and another question. sometimes, ppl just die in that fight. for example: i was on 60% hp, the boss charged a player and puff, i was down. nothing in skada nor recount. just a big "siccopow dies". is that a bug or someting we just not figured out? if it was the add, that would be in the recount (but as a tank i get the add at very last)
    You should easily be able to run 3 healers assuming you have another one in the roster. I find the Disc Priest is particularly strong in the fight because of the damage buff on the boss.

The "insta-deaths" are definitely the dire-horn spirits. If someone dies and has one on them, they'll change to someone else. If that person died near you, the direhorn will pretty much just spawn on you and instantly kill you and nothing will be shown in death logs.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post

Is statue taunt enough to pull aggro from a Consecrate spamming pally tank on heroic Tortos? We're about to try that this week and I'm on bat kiting duty. ANy other tips? I can see how RJW is the best talent for level 90 tier, and maybe Charging Ox for level 60 so I don't have to be in melee to control adds that are still far away? Or is Leg Sweep still preferred? ...or should I just swallow my pride and make the pally solo tank it T_T

Any tips for this fight?

Also, for Heroic Megaera, I'm told to take Chi Burst and Chi Torpedo since we're 2 healing it. Any other tips here?

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Is statue taunt enough to pull aggro from a Consecrate spamming pally tank on heroic Tortos? We're about to try that this week and I'm on bat kiting duty. ANy other tips? I can see how RJW is the best talent for level 90 tier, and maybe Charging Ox for level 60 so I don't have to be in melee to control adds that are still far away? Or is Leg Sweep still preferred? ...or should I just swallow my pride and make the pally solo tank it T_T

Any tips for this fight?

Also, for Heroic Megaera, I'm told to take Chi Burst and Chi Torpedo since we're 2 healing it. Any other tips here?
    Charging Ox wave is the best choice for kite tanking. If the bats are in range to use leg sweep then it's already too late.

As far as pally agro goes, I'd be less worried about Consecrate and more worried about battle healer causing too much threat when the bats drop. If your raid is planning to kill the bats, then single tanking might be better since that gives your raid more DPS and you more stun capability to help the other tank survive. If you're planning to kite all the bats the whole fight, then you wouldn't solo tank it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    You should easily be able to run 3 healers assuming you have another one in the roster. I find the Disc Priest is particularly strong in the fight because of the damage buff on the boss.

The "insta-deaths" are definitely the dire-horn spirits. If someone dies and has one on them, they'll change to someone else. If that person died near you, the direhorn will pretty much just spawn on you and instantly kill you and nothing will be shown in death logs.
    thank you i will mention that in a few minutes
    13/13

Monk

Well, we finally managed to get Lei Shen down last night. Ended up killing Static Shock first and splitting 3/3/3/1 for the first intermission phase, with me soloing one quadrant and our other tank in a 3 with our ele shaman and the weakest healer.

We tried 3/3/2/2 originally but the non-tank 2 was just dying to static shock all the time. 4/4/1/1 was better but then they died to chain lightning, and with nobody around to Intervene on, our warrior tank was having a hard time catching bouncing balls once Heroic Leap was on CD.

Also I finally figured out why I wasn't getting as much Vengeance from Decapitate as I'd hoped; being right inside his hitbox is worth about 200k, but I had been standing at melee range and so was only getting 130k or so.

And yeah, timing is everything on moving him around. If you leave the 2nd tower too soon, he'll be in the middle of casting Thunderstruck when you need him to move to the 4th. Getting it right in that five second window between 80 and 90 energy is really critical.

Onwards to Jin'rokh HC!

Can any Brewmasters that have killed Heroic lei shen 10man give me a few tips? I noticed on Daught's kill video he ran chi burst + RJW but he is also 25man and I don't know how much of a difference that causes with extra lightnings etc.

With item upgrades coming back to the game, which pieces would you guys suggest upgrading first?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aelin/advanced

I am fairly new to Brewmaster, so I'm wondering if I should go weapons and trinkets first, as I am planning for my other classes? Or chest/head/legs pieces for higher stat gain? Tanking 10man only, if it changes anything (probably weapons then, for better dps output).
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman