Crit and expertise with a smidgen of haste. Honestly the best way to learn them is do them. You just want to use vengeance to kill fast. Offensive is your best defence here.

Ok, that makes sense. I did do a few of them with standard crit build that i use for normal raiding and they didn't go to bad, at this point my group is just looking to optimize wherever we can.

They will change the Leg. Meta Gem not to procc for Tanks in 5.4 but they will buff the Tank Meta.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    They will change the Leg. Meta Gem not to procc for Tanks in 5.4 but they will buff the Tank Meta.
    Incorrect. The Capacitive gem is not being altered. They are buffing the Indomitable, yes.

Oh, ok sorry. Looks like i will stuck with the DPS one

- - - Updated - - -

why is a brewmaster so op on dark animus on hc 10? because of xuen at the beginning and thats it?
    13/13

Monk

Hello everyone, I'm kinda a new tank with monks, so I need some guidance.

This is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uramune/simple

As you see I've been only getting gear but I'm really REALLY confused on what stats should I focus in, because I read a guide and it says full mastery, then I read another and it says full crit or full haste! it's really confusing, can you guys lend me a hand plz, What stats should a starting tanking player like me should focus on.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    stat priority is actually a question of the type of content you are running

Mastery is best when you are undergeared or running content that is very difficult for your gear (because mastery acts like effective health under the assumption that you don't have enough health to tank the content)

Crit overtakes mastery as your dirth of effective health become less of problem, in this case crit translates to greater elusive brew uptime, and is particularly recommended for 10-man raiding content.

Haste really scales best when you talent ascension, but to be honest ascension is a lazy-man's talent (which is precisely why i talent into Ascension, cause i am super lazy . . .)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-29 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    Ascension is superior to the alternaties 99% of the time.

Go full crit ham and reap the benefits of your 2set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep crit is OMG amazing it helps in so many ways

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Ascension is superior to the alternaties 99% of the time.
    Not really. Power Strikes is superior at all relevant levels of haste; Ascension only becomes better when you stack haste, but nobody does that in ToT (or rather, they shouldn't).

I still use Ascension though, not because it provides more Chi, but because it gives you 5 max chi and a smoother resource income. But strictly speaking, for pure chi gain Power Strikes is better.

Don't consider Chi Brew until 5.4.

Not really. 9k + haste is easily attainable in this tier of gear, even if you don't stack it. I stack crit and have everything else go into haste (7.
    5/15 caps) and im sitting at 16.5k crit and 8.5k haste, but thats because Ra-den wont drop the loot he's supposed to since 3 months ago.

Anyway, going into SoO, I will easily break into the 10k's whilst focusing on crit. So Ascension will become the best for "relevant" raiders, as opposed to the raiders who have ~550 ailvl now.

Latest patch notes: Fixed a bug that caused the damage of some abilities for Brewmasters with Vengeance to scale incorrectly.

Any idea what this is in reference to?

Deleted

why is a brewmaster so op on dark animus on hc 10? because of xuen at the beginning and thats it?
    you can also teleport out of every second anima ring

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    you can also teleport out of every second anima ring
    yep i figured that but sometimes i got BAD BAD timing. no teleport rdy, our meele wanted to put out 2 or 3 anima ring orbs but he had that debuff on him and he killed me. so i will try to save my teleport for that kind of situations
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Kitmajere View Post
    Latest patch notes: Fixed a bug that caused the damage of some abilities for Brewmasters with Vengeance to scale incorrectly.

Any idea what this is in reference to?
    I'm wondering this as well. Hoping it's not a "nerf".

yep i figured that but sometimes i got BAD BAD timing. no teleport rdy, our meele wanted to put out 2 or 3 anima ring orbs but he had that debuff on him and he killed me. so i will try to save my teleport for that kind of situations
    It also depends on if you do the Zerg strat or not. It relies on high dps from the tanks. I tank two adds and dark animus until the first ring then I soak a ring and pop curb to tank one add. After that I just soak rings myself. Opposite tank tanks 4 adds. Zerg strat just makes easier so you don't have to really plan anything. I normally am only close to dieing while getting into position after that I don't spike a whole lot. Our Zerg strat has us killing it at exactly 2 minutes last week

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    It also depends on if you do the Zerg strat or not. It relies on high dps from the tanks. I tank two adds and dark animus until the first ring then I soak a ring and pop curb to tank one add. After that I just soak rings myself. Opposite tank tanks 4 adds. Zerg strat just makes easier so you don't have to really plan anything. I normally am only close to dieing while getting into position after that I don't spike a whole lot. Our Zerg strat has us killing it at exactly 2 minutes last week
    Oh well, we tried it yesterday the first time and at pull i take one add with boss, xuen taking the other add. after maybe 30 seconds, our retri takes my add, running to a bigger add, kills is. i take the bigger add while he take the add xuen was tanking. after that i have animus and one bigger add. our dk now swappes adds with me. at the end he has 2 bigger adds while i'm tanking dark animus. BUT the zerg strat sounds awesome. you soak the ring, just walk through 1 bouble? no teleport at all? how many healers u bring?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I'm wondering this as well. Hoping it's not a "nerf".
    im kinda worried about this. i kind of feel like we are sliding backwards a bit. already going to end up with lowered damage and half as useful t15 2 pc from day 1 of 5.4 til we get some gear. im sure we will be fine once we get rolling, but still

im just kind of losing interest in current content i suppose. im probably worried about nothing....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrath View Post
    Greetings, i just came back to wow after leaving in start of MoP and because of that i now just started tanking heroics on my monk.
    Now doing LFG, obviously we got a ton of impatient DPS who just starts mass pulling and whining i am slow but thing is, i simply feel like i will melt with too many mobs.
    Are monks good for big aoe pulls and i am just scared? If so can i have some tips on how to deal with those.
    Note that i never played a tank spec so i am completely new to the whole concept :P
    If it is required I can't post my armory here cause i am too new but its Assirra at Defias Brotherhood.
    Quoting myself since it was on the last post of the page :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Not really. 9k + haste is easily attainable in this tier of gear, even if you don't stack it. I stack crit and have everything else go into haste (7.
    5/15 caps) and im sitting at 16.5k crit and 8.5k haste, but thats because Ra-den wont drop the loot he's supposed to since 3 months ago.

Anyway, going into SoO, I will easily break into the 10k's whilst focusing on crit. So Ascension will become the best for "relevant" raiders, as opposed to the raiders who have ~550 ailvl now.
    Why not put those stats in mastery instead? Would probably serve you far better, with the 4 piece bonus removing a chunk of why we need haste. Then in 5.4 you'll have the T16 4 set bonus, which will further improve mastery's value.

At any rate, the reason I say 'at relevant levels of haste' is because once you hit the level of haste required to make Ascension better than Power Strikes, you'll have so much Chi income that both talents become entirely unnecessary anyway. You have more Chi than you know what to do with, so just go with personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrath View Post
    Greetings, i just came back to wow after leaving in start of MoP and because of that i now just started tanking heroics on my monk.
    Now doing LFG, obviously we got a ton of impatient DPS who just starts mass pulling and whining i am slow but thing is, i simply feel like i will melt with too many mobs.
    Are monks good for big aoe pulls and i am just scared? If so can i have some tips on how to deal with those.
    Note that i never played a tank spec so i am completely new to the whole concept :P
    If it is required I can't post my armory here cause i am too new but its Assirra at Defias Brotherhood.
    When you're just gearing up, it's not good to mass pull. Monks can be fairly squishy in 450-463 gear; it's only when we get raid geared that we really start to shine.

At the end of the day, you're the one who decides how much you pull. If you don't feel comfortable mass pulling, then don't do it. That said, do give it a try, and make sure you use all your active mitigation (don't use Breath of Fire, even on AoE, f.ex.; use BoK instead to keep Shuffle up). You may be surprised at the results.