Deleted
    I have experienced the same, and as far as I know and as I found it out, the only solution with our positioning (everyone is stacking at the boss except for 3 people, which are baiting the weapon) is to burn them down as quick as possible. They are immune to all kinds of taunts, the adds keep fixating back to whoever they want to and continue killing people.

Deleted
    So basically my guild needs a tank and i have been healing in my guild throu 9 heroics in 10man

So ... my role will be until we find another tank a brewmaster tonk

Been reading up abit on this forum and i was thinking if i can get some advice on gemming

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nglin/advanced

if i understand correctly the Crit build is the way to go for 10 mans ? ( Starting heroic again since my gear is decent ) only tanked ONCE ever since 90 in a raid and thats last week so im very new with the tanking experience

Should i follow askrobot or is there another gemming/reforging ways to go for 10 man

ps also as u can see i gained abit new gear thats why i havent gemmed some and not optimal with hit / expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    So we're finally starting Heroic Garrosh progression after a very messy first kill on Klaxxi (all 10 man btw) and the biggest issue I'm having right now is making it so the adds don't go all over creation. From what I understand they fixate a few seconds after they become active to a nearby target and then stick to them but I've been having issues where they'll run through me while I'm keg smashing/throwing beer/SCK and still fixate on a melee dps or sometimes even a ranged dps.

Any advice for helping get these mobs under control? We're tanking garrosh closer to his throne with the ranged dancing around with desecrated weapons on the throne and next to it. We're having my co-tank gorefiend's grasp the second wave onto me and then stunning them but they still seem to already have their fixate target and won't stick to me at all.
    First pack is not an issue, because they should die before garrosh manages to buff them.
    Second pack shouldn't be an issue if you have aoe deathgrip - stun gives you 5 seconds, then avert harm + chi wave and maybe personal CDs and after that you knockback them under an iron star.

As a feature, I noticed that disarm makes them switch to you pretty often. And even if they don't, their damage lowers dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowdash View Post
    I used Dampen Harm on the 3rd Flame Vent, which means you still have two charges for the mines. I use Fort Brew the same way. With a 558 ilevel, going against 10H Juggernaut, I'd go with Rook's and TED, and use Rook's on one of the Vents.

make sure you still have shuffle up while you're getting mines ....... If it's close you can hit one of them with BOK before you jump on it.
    Isn't Flame Vent magical damage?

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    Isn't Flame Vent magical damage?
    Yes. Dampen harm works on magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Yes. Dampen harm works on magic damage.
    Oh wow I'm a retard. For the longest time I thought Dampen Harm was physical only. DOH.

Oh wow I'm a retard. For the longest time I thought Dampen Harm was physical only. DOH.
    I think a lot of people thought that for awhile. The wording on the tooltip is kinda vague, and I know at least for myself I thought "why would they put two ability on the same talent tier that reduce magic damage? That doesn't make sense".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still finding people these days that think the way that you thought and that also were under the impression that unglyphed guard cannot absorb magic damage at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a warforged Ticking Ebon Detonator dropped last night and our enhance shammy allowed me to have it despite him winning the roll as he already had AoC and Haromms and Siege has been terrible for me for trinkets dropping. Am I correct in thinking that this is a better EH trinket than a flex Rook's assuming I'm not using the on-use for a cd? Or unless the spike damage is magic of course. My other trinkets are a normal Haromms and a flex Vial. I had been running the Haromms/Vial as my standard and switching to Vial/Rooks for certain fights. I feel like unless I need the 24 second Guard or 2:32ish Fort Brew I should be running Haromms/Ticking at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So a warforged Ticking Ebon Detonator dropped last night and our enhance shammy allowed me to have it despite him winning the roll as he already had AoC and Haromms and Siege has been terrible for me for trinkets dropping. Am I correct in thinking that this is a better EH trinket than a flex Rook's assuming I'm not using the on-use for a cd? Or unless the spike damage is magic of course. My other trinkets are a normal Haromms and a flex Vial. I had been running the Haromms/Vial as my standard and switching to Vial/Rooks for certain fights. I feel like unless I need the 24 second Guard or 2:32ish Fort Brew I should be running Haromms/Ticking at this point.
    IMO it should be Haromms/Ticking on every fight (unless you wanna use a RoRo for the big deeps), then swap the Haromms out for rooks on fights that you feel you need the on-use.

The static stats on TED is more valuable to me than the multistrike. Depends what you want I guess. And as for vial... I've never bothered to use it past like 2 pulls on malkorok. Trinket isn't worth it as BrM IMO.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2014-02-06 at 10:28 PM.

I like to use vial and TED since I've never seen a haromms drop =/, but I do enjoy the stam increase (and the slightly shorter cds is nice too) for our garrosh progression. Gives me more room to be bad and not go splat :P. First H siegecrafter kill H TED drops and I get it, yet no haromms :'(
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

hi im new to these forums and just needed some advice from some well progressed tanks. it wonk let me post my armory but my main is yvaan on sargeras.
    im trying to find the right balance between mastery and crit i dunno if im doin it right. it feels like my Elusive brew isn't up as much as i want but my mastery is OK i kinda want more what do u guys think? don't judge my guild i pug all my content cuz of work restrictions lol. thanx for ur time and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by yvaan View Post
    hi im new to these forums and just needed some advice from some well progressed tanks. it wonk let me post my armory but my main is yvaan on sargeras.
    im trying to find the right balance between mastery and crit i dunno if im doin it right. it feels like my Elusive brew isn't up as much as i want but my mastery is OK i kinda want more what do u guys think? don't judge my guild i pug all my content cuz of work restrictions lol. thanx for ur time and advice.
    Your gear is completely fine. In fact, you probably have more mastery than you actually need. You could tank through heroic Siegecrafter in that gear as long as you have a competent off tank and competent healers.

We managed to down Thok (10 normal) with me solo tanking (though need 4 healers because a couple are slacking). That first phase was a rush. Around 6-7 stacks of Panic I started to...panic, but it helped to get him to 24-26 stacks. Seems after we got through that phase, the rest of the fight was a cake walk. I reforged and regemmed to something like 20% mastery while buffed while maintaining 50% crit buffed (before trinket procs). I'll probably stay that way since we're now on Garrosh and we'll be working into heroics soon enough. Time to start reading up on those mechanics.

For Garrosh we're using the stacking method for phase 1. I've decided against RJW and rather put Xuen on Garrosh with all the vengeance from the adds. As well, I picked up Ring of Peace to help lessen the damage. I thought I read somewhere that leg sweep might not be the best since it will reset all the swing timers and I could have all adds hitting me at the same instance.

Deleted
    Just wanted to mention that this is an awesome guide, great work and really appriciated!

Hey guys. was wanting to get some feedback on my alt

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/F7P8gR4wNQWfprkG

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leroy/advanced

healers said I was kinda squishy

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    We managed to down Thok (10 normal) with me solo tanking (though need 4 healers because a couple are slacking). That first phase was a rush. Around 6-7 stacks of Panic I started to...panic, but it helped to get him to 24-26 stacks. Seems after we got through that phase, the rest of the fight was a cake walk. I reforged and regemmed to something like 20% mastery while buffed while maintaining 50% crit buffed (before trinket procs). I'll probably stay that way since we're now on Garrosh and we'll be working into heroics soon enough. Time to start reading up on those mechanics.

For Garrosh we're using the stacking method for phase 1. I've decided against RJW and rather put Xuen on Garrosh with all the vengeance from the adds. As well, I picked up Ring of Peace to help lessen the damage. I thought I read somewhere that leg sweep might not be the best since it will reset all the swing timers and I could have all adds hitting me at the same instance.
    I would keep leg sweep. Just make sure you have EB up when they come out of stun. Leg sweep is invaluable during MC phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    You can avoid the simultaneous hits after stun issue by repositioning slightly. Some of the adds will be in melee range immediately, and some will need to take a few steps to get in melee range of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    So we're finally starting Heroic Garrosh progression after a very messy first kill on Klaxxi (all 10 man btw) and the biggest issue I'm having right now is making it so the adds don't go all over creation. From what I understand they fixate a few seconds after they become active to a nearby target and then stick to them but I've been having issues where they'll run through me while I'm keg smashing/throwing beer/SCK and still fixate on a melee dps or sometimes even a ranged dps.

Any advice for helping get these mobs under control? We're tanking garrosh closer to his throne with the ranged dancing around with desecrated weapons on the throne and next to it. We're having my co-tank gorefiend's grasp the second wave onto me and then stunning them but they still seem to already have their fixate target and won't stick to me at all.
    As people said first set of adds wont be a problem as they die really fast, what i found better on the 2nd set of add is to actually shout for people not to aoe them and just focus the boss down, and what u gonna do is, if u have a dk and a druid, u dont use anything on them till u see their fixate target is getting really law and best to start with leg swep, after that also wait for them fixate again and when the fixate target is getting low a druid can push back , then they gonna fixate again but at this time the iron star will be rolling ,just put ur statue where its rolling and have the dk target ur statue and aoe grip them there.. boom

Hello Team brewmaster,

"long time" brewmaster, but I have been DPSing most of this tier, only playing 3rd tank on Shaman and Nazgrim. One of our Mts is Ill so I am helping with tanking Blackfuse HM.

Any tips?

I am thinking about glyphing guard to make sure its available for electrostatic discharge instead of being eaten by melee.. and its the only thing that can actually kill me.

How successful have you all been using Zen med to eat one? it casts at a decent speed, i could just hold my gcd for the cast and wait for it.

I equipped Vial to keep my cds shorter, before I break out the spreadsheet and workout timers, did you all need it?

Thanks in advance.