About to solotank Thok 10hc tomorrow, anyone got any tips?

What talents?
    Crit or mastery build? (ilvl 575atm, with Haromm hc trinket and the hcwf stam trinket from protectors)

Honestly, biggest thing is use fortifying brew at about 20 stacks so that it lasts until the phase is pushed. The damage isn't too awful otherwise because of our mastery and you don't need to go out of your way to stack it as well. When you're tanking the first jailer make sure you disarm him just as he's about to enrage (enrages shortly after thok gains second stack of blood frenzy) so that you give your dispellers time to get rid of the enrage and you don't get gibbed with the debuff being stacked fairly high still.

Bats you'll want an external cooldown to help you tank them.

Frost phase make sure you have fortifying brew and maybe something else (barkskin, vigilance, pain sup) for when you get frozen.

Its not too bad, you'll just want to figure out when you want to pick up your orbs and when to guard for large shields as well as when to purify to abuse your 4 piece healing.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Aight thanks for the tips. Will see how it goes.

Btw a random question: Are they changing our T16 2p bonus, when the prepatch launches? Since the statue no longer guards other players, the bonus basicly stops working. Or are they just going to leave it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Aight thanks for the tips. Will see how it goes.

Btw a random question: Are they changing our T16 2p bonus, when the prepatch launches? Since the statue no longer guards other players, the bonus basicly stops working. Or are they just going to leave it?
    They'll change it. It will now reduce the cooldown of FB by 30seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    They'll change it. It will now reduce the cooldown of FB by 30seconds.
    I like that one a lot better. Good shit.

Also, is zen sphere the superior choice for Thok hc? I was going with chi wave at first, but decided to try sphere for lols, and jesus christ it healed me for so much. I basicly didn't take any dmg with my guards + zen sphere, before really high stacks.

Honestly I'm not a good person to ask, but chi wave runs the risk of not being used (because massive hitboxes) but I've been using Chi Burst out of laziness of late and its been fun watching the melee group get a nice heal/more damage on bats. That said Zen Sphere *probably* is best but you'll most likely wanna ask someone who isn't lazy at this point in the game >_>
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Just move into the hitbox (close to the center) and you're fine with Chi Wave hitting you immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienna View Post
    Just move into the hitbox (close to the center) and you're fine with Chi Wave hitting you immediately.
    But it still runs the risk of chi wave hitting other people, instead of me.