Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of utility for Spectral Guise, I feel a bit like I did on my Shaman with Earthquake...

It's just a bit like "...is that it?"

My Priest will be shelved until my Druid, DK, Shaman and Paladin are leveled, it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Edit: Also I think people are failing to realize that this spell combined with one of our fancy new AOE spells could potentially throw the enemy's plan into complete disarray. There is nothing I hate more then a mage popping mirror image and then blink. It confuses the shit out of me.
    What fancy new AoE Spells? The only fancy new AoE spell is void tendrils, which is limited to 8 yards around you.

And if you used void tendrils, the targets affected are already unable to attack you (and they have to kill the tendril first). That's practically the same effect Spectral Guise offers.

I've said before, this spell coupled with our new fade or speed increasing abilities is going to change the way a shadow priest plays
    The new speed abilities are useless if you do not have a way to remove snares, and the only snare removel is Phantasm, which cannot be used together with the speed increase abilities. You'll never use the movespeed abilities, because the new phantasm is just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Best case PVE scenario: this spell gives you a clone that three hits off your back of any size.
    This will be a major difference for enrage timers, where bosses run around oneshotting tanks and threeshotting priests. Quite frankly, that makes priests rather OP in close DPS race situations.
    Let's say the boss is after you, does activating Spectral Guise make the boss switch targets, or does it continue hitting your clone? When your clone does die, does the boss chase you next, or go back to threat meters? I'm wondering about encounters like Chimaeron phase 2 where 3 extra hits can be a big deal. Of course it's still a situational ability rather than something with constant practical use, kinda like Leap of Faith in PvE - nice panic button, but people shouldn't rely on being pulled.

Prod: This is indeed the question

I would assume you regain your aggro after your clone is dead, otherwise this spell is completely invalidating Fade.
    But that's my assumption. Until we get to a point where someone can try this out on the beta server, we won't know for sure.

Must admit I still cross my fingers that the entire spell will be swapped with something else, and the current spectral guise will just be merged with Fade.

edit: someone removed their post, so I removed the answer to it.
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-03-26 at 12:58 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

seems pretty awesome for pvp!
    can't wait to see those 2 "coming soon" talents