Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Looking at that pretty much sealed the deal on SWTOR for me. I had slim hopes that the Legacy features could save a big deal of the game, but all I see that I would actually care about is the speed increases and the "use mount at level 10".

I dont care about the relation feature at all (but im sure its great for others), and lowering the cooldown on the fleet pass by UP TO 3 HOURS, making it "only" a 15 hour cooldown is, in my mind, taking the piss.

Cosmetic changes are fun and all, but for me, this game isnt going to be saved by just adding some "pretty makeup"

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that companion unlocks are going to stack. It seems like you could go way overboard with it, and once they're geared companions are pretty OP for clearing solo content anyway.

In terms of credit costs... yes earning money is easy, and spending it is easy. The problem is you're not removing credits from the economy when you buy stuff on the GTN (other than the small amount from tax), and thats the place most people "spend" money. People can create as much as 200k per day, out of thin air, just by doing dailies at 50, and unless you're doing progression content and needing to repair constantly, or sending out companions over and over for missions, you're not going to destroy anywhere near that much. Bioware is right, the game does need money sinks, and at the moment it seems that there are a few people with tons of money, who might spend 5 mil on an easy-access neutral GTN (hell I probably would, prices on imp side of my server are soooo much better).

Hell, if enough people buy the neutral GTN, it may even fix the economies for lopsided faction servers like mine.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So, credit sinks as a reward for levelling a billion alts.

I suppose that's one way to increase your "content" make it endgame mandatory to have an alt of everything
    This doesn't even make sense. You have no idea how legacy works, do you?
    I would explain it, but I know you'll never even read this.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    TLDR:
    Making Credits in this game IS easy. Spending them is also really really easy. Not spending them is a little harder, thus actually coming out with a gain isn't going to be so easy for everyone.
    Making credits is easy in this game, but I have absolutely nothing to spend them on other than repsecs at this point. I don't farm mats, or create stuff to sell on the GTN, and don't bother with daily quests anymore. I raid 3 nights a week and pvp all the others, and still my credit balance just slowly creeps up, even though I'm spending in excess of 100k credits a week on respecs. Once they put a multi-spec system in the game there will honestly be nothing for me to spend credits on. So yeah a credit sink like the Legacy system is needed in this game.

You guys have really gone of the rails some here. Someone already posted where George said that nothing would require Legacy Level AND credits... it's one or the other.

For example say that you want to unlock super special skill of awesomeness. You look at it's tooltip and it says "Requiers Legacy level 10, 40 bazillion credits". In this case you reach legacy level 10 and it is unlocked or you pay 40bazillion credits. It's not both. Some things will only be unlockable with legacy level though. Honest, it really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Looking at that pretty much sealed the deal on SWTOR for me. I had slim hopes that the Legacy features could save a big deal of the game, but all I see that I would actually care about is the speed increases and the "use mount at level 10".

I dont care about the relation feature at all (but im sure its great for others), and lowering the cooldown on the fleet pass by UP TO 3 HOURS, making it "only" a 15 hour cooldown is, in my mind, taking the piss.

Cosmetic changes are fun and all, but for me, this game isnt going to be saved by just adding some "pretty makeup"
    firstly, it reduces it to 12 hours--the amount per talent is cumulative (1hr + 2hr + 3hr = 6hr).

secondly, while the true bulk and "use" of the legacy is comin in 1.3, there are many fun and worthwhile additions that will be totally enjoyable. legacy skills chiefly among that.

lastly, unless you've played the beta, no one can really say whether it will be bad or good. just gonna have to dive in for that.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So, credit sinks as a reward for levelling a billion alts.

I suppose that's one way to increase your "content" make it endgame mandatory to have an alt of everything
    Nothing is mandatory here. You don't have a Bioware employee holding you in a basement cell, with only a bucket and a laptop to your name, yelling from above you "It levels its legacy system or else it gets the hose again!!!

SOOOOOO............................................

yea this is REALLY hurting me right now since i want to delete ALL my alts on my server

ALLLL 7 of them so that I can really make some use of this system GOD i hate you SOOOOOO much BW cuz as i get to log on RIGHT NOW i know some of my toons will no longer be there lol

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    SOOOOOO............................................

yea this is REALLY hurting me right now since i want to delete ALL my alts on my server

ALLLL 7 of them so that I can really make some use of this system GOD i hate you SOOOOOO much BW cuz as i get to log on RIGHT NOW i know some of my toons will no longer be there lol
    I'm pretty sure that the only reason to delete any of your alts would be if you wanted to make them different races. Everything else should be able to be used by existing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You guys have really gone of the rails some here. Someone already posted where George said that nothing would require Legacy Level AND credits... it's one or the other.

For example say that you want to unlock super special skill of awesomeness. You look at it's tooltip and it says "Requiers Legacy level 10, 40 bazillion credits". In this case you reach legacy level 10 and it is unlocked or you pay 40bazillion credits. It's not both. Some things will only be unlockable with legacy level though. Honest, it really is that simple.
    Well as I keep saying, if it was one or the other it would be laid out like the other tooltips.

Just watch the video. Ignore what Georg said for a minute (things can, and do change),

There are some tooltips that list Unlock Requirements and Purchase Requirements - they're listed seperately. So if it says Purchase Requirements: Level 25 Legacy, 5Million Credits, it means you need to be level 25 legacy and pay 5Million. Other things it says Unlock Requirements: Requires Level 50, Requires Chiss, Purchase Requirements: Level 8 Legacy, 1.5Million Credits, which means it's either get a L50 Chiss char, or be over Legacy Level 8 AND spend 1.5Million. Do you see what I'm saying? When there are different ways of getting it, it lists them seperately, but there are some that are listed only as Purchase requirements.

It could be that you only need to meet one of those requirements, but then, that also doesn't make sense in some of the other cases, like the race unlocks because it lists race and level seperately, so if you only had to meet one requirement, simply having a single level 50 would unlock all the races, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case.

So when you see Purchase Requirements:
    5,000,000 Credits
    Requires Legacy Level 25

It really means you need to blow 5Million AND be Legacy Level 25. Which yes, is exactly NOT what Georg said, but just look at the tooltips, that's what it says, does that mean they're incomplete? Just those few? Maybe, possibly, but that's what it looks like by comparing the exact details of ones that list both Unlock and Purchase Requirements vs the ones that only List Unlock OR Purchase requirements.

Raeli, I get what you are saying... they have it set-up pretty badly. The point I was making was that the tooltip doesn't say and either. So until someone posts a video showing that they achieved the legacy requirement but the ability is still not active, I see no reason to believe George misled us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have 5 50s and a 36 and a 11 I didnt make a smuggler since I wanted to play a sith pureblood one but I wish they had told me about the system sooner or I wouldn't of made 2 of my characters humans. Feels like a waste getting repeat races to 50, guess if I didn't want to farm creds I could make a Chiss smug that wouldn't be to bad.

I'm not trying to be awkward here, but now it seems like you're saying two conflicting things.

First you say you don't have to pay 5 Million, you just get the legacy level, next you say You must still purchase something after getting to the appropriate legacy level.

The latter seems more likely, I'm just trying to be clear here, since you stated this, I just want to be clear if that was a mistake or if I'm actually missing something here.
    Because I did some research, looked things up some more, and corrected my previous statement.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    Valor unlocks appear to require BOTH a Legacy Level and Valor Rank, with NO purchase price to get them sooner
    Valor unlocks is reach the valor level OR legacy level and credits. I got the valor unlocks on pts and still haven't earned my legacy yet.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Aside from the game not needing to be "saved," the legacy isn't the only thing being added in 1.2, and we already knew it would be mostly fun stuff and cosmetic chanes, and QoL. Nothing was ever said to be other wise.

The thing in this patch that is "saving" it in some people's eyes would be all the meat of the patch, Ops, FPs, WZ, RWZs, etc etc etc...

So I just got disconnected from the PTS and relogged onto it, to find finally my legacy was working. Well, it's not really, I had to redo my legacy, and it's started again at level one, but here are some screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/79FWP.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/IoJCw.jpg

It seems to pretty much confirm my last speculation, if you want to get the Rocket Boost, you're going to have to blow some money.

On another note, I am loving the performance increase. Also, by the way, the camera zooming in/out works much better now, it doesn't just zoom in or out a huge amount, it zooms in exactly the amount you scroll.

thats pretty espensive stuff, I hope they lower repair costs, otherwise I'll never be able to afford anything

Well...yeah, at those prices, I think I'll pass. I mean, sure, I can make 200k a day doing dailies if I want, but...even if I spend 25 days doing dailies and make the 5 mil credits, do I wanna turn around and spend them all on a neutral GTN? No, I really don't.

So I just got disconnected from the PTS and relogged onto it, to find finally my legacy was working. Well, it's not really, I had to redo my legacy, and it's started again at level one, but here are some screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/79FWP.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/IoJCw.jpg

It seems to pretty much confirm my last speculation, if you want to get the Rocket Boost, you're going to have to blow some money.
    All those really show is that you don't have the legacy level for those but do have the creds. Not that you have to have the level and the creds.

On another note, I am loving the performance increase. Also, by the way, the camera zooming in/out works much better now, it doesn't just zoom in or out a huge amount, it zooms in exactly the amount you scroll.
    oh thank zombie jesus. this is a small, albeit necessary, quality of life change that i've been wanting for a while. a quick drag on my mouse wheel and and im suddenly looking down from space--this has been fixed, this will be my face---->
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Thanks for the video.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=366046
    http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?ar...system-preview

For ship unlocks and convenience items, it both legacy level and credits.

Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).
    Emphasis mine.