Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    It's still a benefit. If you don't like it, don't get it. For 5mil credits you get the benefit of being a hermit.[COLOR="red"]
    I find that highly debatable. If your boss at work says if you work 20 hours overtime then you'll get extra benefits, when end of the month rolls around and he says now he'll let you drive his Porsche, as long as you pay him to do so, would you consider that a "benefit"?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I find that highly debatable. If your boss at work says if you work 20 hours overtime then you'll get extra benefits, when end of the month rolls around and he says now he'll let you drive his Porsche, as long as you pay him to do so, would you consider that a "benefit"?
    Yes, you have the benefit of being able to buy rides in his Porsche which the other employees can't, even if they want to. It is undeniably a benefit, whether or not it's a very good one is another question.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I find that highly debatable. If your boss at work says if you work 20 hours overtime then you'll get extra benefits, when end of the month rolls around and he says now he'll let you drive his Porsche, as long as you pay him to do so, would you consider that a "benefit"?
    Except, in this case it's more "if you work your 20 hours you are supposed to work, I will let you drive my porshe if you pay me to do so." Not work extra. You're not unlocking levels by doing overtime, you're doing it by playing the game you're playing anyway. Amd as Lore Lord says, it's still a benefit.

    To put it in another work term, if you have a full time job with a company you may qualify for health benefits part timers do not get. You have to pay for the health insurance to get them, but it is still a benefit.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Not work extra. You're not unlocking levels by doing overtime, you're doing it by playing the game you're playing anyway.
    Except if you want to get it you have to do extra work to earn the 5 mil credits to get it. So yes, to get the so called "benefit" of the legacy, you're basically forced to work overtime. That wouldn't be considered a "benefit" at any job I've ever worked.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Except if you want to get it you have to do extra work to earn the 5 mil credits to get it. So yes, to get the so called "benefit" of the legacy, you're basically forced to work overtime. That wouldn't be considered a "benefit" at any job I've ever worked.
    No you don't. I'm sitting on 6mil credits right now, just doing the dailies. Not because I was doing them for money, but because I do them with other people when they hit 50 to help them get the mods. You make a lot of money without trying. The 5mil credits is what your paycheck from the job. You have to work harder to make a million dollars working, but you'd still have to pay for those health benefits.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    No you don't. I'm sitting on 6mil credits right now, just doing the dailies. Not because I was doing them for money, but because I do them with other people when they hit 50 to help them get the mods.
    I do NOT run dailies to help other people get mods. If you do, fine, but for me, that is WORKING OVERTIME, not "just playing the game normally". If I didn't go out and try to make money and just "played the game normally", I would be sitting at roughly 3 million, and THAT is assuming I never bothered with rank 2 or 3 speeders(I did), upgrade my ship(I did spend around 200k or so getting it all equipped in purples which I confess was not a necessity) or drop some creds on a purple and a cyan lightsaber crystal. So yeah, if I just "played the game normally", and didn't spend any creds on anything other than the most basic necessities(rank 1 speeder and skills) I'd be...halfway to being able to get one benefit.

    So as I said...not a benefit at any job I ever worked.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I do NOT run dailies to help other people get mods. If you do, fine, but for me, that is WORKING OVERTIME, not "just playing the game normally". If I didn't go out and try to make money and just "played the game normally", I would be sitting at roughly 3 million, and THAT is assuming I never bothered with rank 2 or 3 speeders(I did), upgrade my ship(I did spend around 200k or so getting it all equipped in purples which I confess was not a necessity) or drop some creds on a purple and a cyan lightsaber crystal. So yeah, if I just "played the game normally", and didn't spend any creds on anything other than the most basic necessities(rank 1 speeder and skills) I'd be...halfway to being able to get one benefit.

    So as I said...not a benefit at any job I ever worked.
    So, you don't do the things that make the money, then complain you don't have the money, then complain about the things that are there for people who do have the money.

    I do things that happen to make money. I bought my speeders, including the exchange bandit and a korrealis commander. I still have a lot of money. If you don't want to pay for benefits that are there to be a credit sink, then don't pay for them and don't have them. I and other people will.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    So, you don't do the things that make the money, then complain you don't have the money, then complain about the things that are there for people who do have the money.
    Backpeddal much? You said you can make the money just playing the game NORMALLY. Specifically going out and grinding for money is not "just playing the game normally" no matter how much you try to reword your argument. It also means BW's claim about how the Legacy system provides benefits is still false, as it provides credit sinks, not benefits. Benefits are something you get by doing what you do normally. Not something you get by doing what you do normally THEN going out and spending a ton of time grinding for them. The game already has credit sinks for the people who spend their time grinding money, Legacy was supposed to benefit those who just spend their time playing normally.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Backpeddal much? You said you can make the money just playing the game NORMALLY. Specifically going out and grinding for money is not "just playing the game normally" no matter how much you try to reword your argument. It also means BW's claim about how the Legacy system provides benefits is still false, as it provides credit sinks, not benefits. Benefits are something you get by doing what you do normally. Not something you get by doing what you do normally THEN going out and spending a ton of time grinding for them. The game already has credit sinks for the people who spend their time grinding money, Legacy was supposed to benefit those who just spend their time playing normally.
    I didn't try to backpedal, I didn't reword. I said I do dailies to help people, and therefor I make money. You said you don't do dailies, and therefor you don't make money. And a credit sink is a benefit. It's just one that takes a lot of credits.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I didn't try to backpedal, I didn't reword. I said I do dailies to help people, and therefor I make money. You said you don't do dailies, and therefor you don't make money. And a credit sink is a benefit. It's just one that takes a lot of credits.
    You said you do something outside the realm of what most people would consider "playing normally", AFTER saying you can easily make 5 mil just by "playing normally". It's like saying it's easy to get Rivendare's mount in WoW just by playing normally...as long as by "playing normally" you mean, constantly running lowbies through Strath.

    A credit sink is not a benefit, no matter how many times you claim otherwise. The credit sink may provide a benefit, but it is not, itself, a benefit. The legacy system is supposed to provide benefits, not credit sinks that may benefit you should you feel the need to grind them. It's like overtime. Overtime pays extra money. This extra money may be used to buy you something new, which is a benefit. The overtime itself, however, is not a benefit.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You said you do something outside the realm of what most people would consider "playing normally", AFTER saying you can easily make 5 mil just by "playing normally". It's like saying it's easy to get Rivendare's mount in WoW just by playing normally...as long as by "playing normally" you mean, constantly running lowbies through Strath.
    I'm sorry, I'm not a completely self-centered douche that wants things handed to me on a silver platter. I consider helping guildies to be the normal, and NOT helping them to be outside the normal. The fact that I have almost always played with guilds and guildies that also feel this way proves it is not abnormal.
    I'm sorry you don't feel that way, but I'm glad I don't play with you. Maybe it has something to do with people going for too long with the gimmegimmes.

    People complain they are bored at endgame, and don't play with other people. Endgame is fun because you play with other people, if you don't play with other people of course you will be bored. If I help people get to that endgame quicker then I feel good and I know I won't be sitting at endgame bored.

    And a credit sink is a benefit, or else people wouldn't be willing to sink their credits into it. And they never said the legacy would NOT provide credit sinks, indeed they did say that it WOULD have some credit sink options.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not a completely self-centered douche that wants things handed to me on a silver platter. I consider helping guildies to be the normal, and NOT helping them to be outside the normal. The fact that I have almost always played with guilds and guildies that also feel this way proves it is not abnormal.
    .
    When I am online(late at night), my guildies are PvPing, or leveling a new toon, or running FPs, or whatever else. I have not ONCE had one ask for help, or offer it when it comes to dailies(I have several toons in several guilds as well). I have not once seen a single person willing TO help with any dailies either, outside of the heroics. And I've also asked people in the world if they wanted to group when it was obvious we were both on the same quest, in order to make it go faster...every single time I was turned down. So it's sure as fuck not the norm anywhere I play. It's been the same way in every game I've ever played, too. Play how you like, but, for better or worse, doing something solely to "be helpful" is not the norm in MMOs. Want proof? Ask a question in chat, say, "Where is the talent reset guy located?"-for every person who actually answers the question, you'll get 3 people making a non-helpful smartass reply like "with your mom". And that's something that doesn't even require effort on the person's part...the level of helpfulness decreases the more effort is involved.

    "And a credit sink is a benefit, or else people wouldn't be willing to sink their credits into it."

    Did you not read what I posted? The credit sink may provide a benefit(and even then the benefit of some credit sinks is debatable...the 1.5 mil speeders do nothing the cheaper ones don't do as well, so it's only a benefit if you think they look better), but the credit sink itself is NOT a benefit. Working overtime provides a benefit(more money), but the overtime itself is not a benefit.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •