Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Paladin] Mists of Pandaria Glyphs

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    General
    • Glyph of Blessed Life
      While Seal of Insight is active, you have a 50% chance to gain a charge of Holy Power whenever you take direct damage or are affected by a Stun, Fear or Immobilize effect.

This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 sec.
    • Glyph of Blinding Light
      Your Blinding Light now knocks down targets for 3 sec instead of Blinding them.
    • Glyph of Avenging Wrath
      While Avenging Wrath is active, you are healed for 0% of your maximum health every 4 sec.
    • Glyph of Divine Protection
      Reduces the magical damage reduction of your Divine Protection to 20% but adds 20% physical damage reduction.
    • Glyph of Divinity
      Increases the cooldown of your Lay on Hands by 0 min but causes it to give you 10% of your maximum mana.
    • Glyph of Divinity
      When you use Lay on Hands, you also gain 120000% of your maximum mana.
    • Glyph of Double Jeopardy
      Judging a target increases the damage of your next Judgment by 20%, but only if used on a different second target.
    • Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous
      The physical damage reduction caused by Hammer of the Righteous now lasts 50% longer.
    • Glyph of Immediate Truth
      Increases the instant damage done by Seal of Truth by 20%, but decreases the damage done by Censure by 50%.
    • Glyph of Protector of the Innocent
      When you use Word of Glory to heal another target, it also heals you for 20% of the amount.
    • Glyph of Rebuke
      Increases the cooldown by 5 sec and lockout by 2 sec of Rebuke.
    • Glyph of the Ascetic Crusader
      Reduces the mana cost of your Crusader Strike and Judgment by 100%.
    • Glyph of Turn Evil
      Reduces the casting time of your Turn Evil spell by 100%, but increases the cooldown by 8 sec.
    • Glyph of Word of Glory
      Increases your damage by 3% per Holy Power spent after you cast Word of Glory. Lasts 6 sec.
    • Glyph of the Battle Healer
      Using melee attacks while using Seal of Insight heals a nearby injured friendly target, excluding the Paladin, within X yards for X percent of damage dealt.
    • Glyph of Flash of Light
      When you Flash of Light a target, it increases your next heal done to that target within 7 sec by 10%

Holy
    Retribution
    • Glyph of Divine Storm
      Your Divine Storm also heals you for 1% of your maximum health.
    • Glyph of Mass Exorcism
      Reduces the range of Exorcism to melee range, but causes damage to all enemies within ?? yards of the primary target.
    • Glyph of Exorcism
      You take 10% less damage for 10 sec after using Exorcism.
    • Glyph of Inquisition
      Reduces the damage bonus of Inquisition by 10% but increases its duration by 100%.

Protection
    Minor Glyphs

It's still very early beta but it looks pretty interesting so far. Some of the glyphs are the same as they are on live but a lot of them are new and interesting!

Let me know if I missed something!

Updated 3/5-12
    Last edited by Migari; 2012-05-08 at 09:35 PM.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    seulgi <3333333333333333333

Field Marshal
    Kudos +10 Thank you for this

Damn someone beat me. Submitted my thread, and see yours the same time as mine.

Fortunately, you're a mod, and can delete mine. :P
    Kaisen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Hmmm. Glyph of Inq currently only increases duration by 100%... so at 3 HP its 1 min? I don't think that's long enough to warrant a 10% dmg reduction of Inq. But we'll have to wait to see numbers to see if it is; or if I get into beta and try it myself!

I LOVE some of the aesthetic glyphs (Mounted King, Fire from the Heavens). Oh! and Battle Heals WILL be mine!!!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Awesome, thanks for the post.

It seems we know have to fit a HoR in tanking rotations every 10 secs, heh... :P

Good work on the list, some interesting new stuff!

This needs to be changed ASAP;

Glyph of Cleansing - Your Cleanse will remove one movement impairing effect if cast on yourself.

It needs to be ALL. If cleanse is going to have an 8 second cooldown, the glyph needs to remove ALL. If it doesn't the glyph is either worthless, or just adding RNG back into the game (which if im not mistaken is what they wanted to remove when changing the dispel mechanics).

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Fortunately, you're a mod, and can delete mine. :P
    I actually don't have any powers in this forum.

OT: I'm so glad they're bringing back the Seal of Blood animation!
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    seulgi <3333333333333333333

You missed Glyph of Falling Avenger, one of my favourites. :P

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/115931-g...ng-avenger-nyi

Your Seal of Truth now uses the Seal of Blood visual.

I'm a bit confused. Just the icon or the blood spewing outta the character?

The DPS glyphs are... Well, will have to try them out! I love the customization ones though.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

ewwwwwwww alot of these glyphs are gross doubled edged swords that aren't worth the penalty.

What is denounce and can I use it as ret?

Some of these glyphs feel like they would be almost mandatory....like word of glory inc damage by 10%, so Ret who doesn't heal will still have to throw out a heal every 20 sec to get this buff, then spam their highest dmg spells after for most effect. Seems like a big change in rotation, might need some adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Some of these glyphs feel like they would be almost mandatory....like word of glory inc damage by 10%, so Ret who doesn't heal will still have to throw out a heal every 20 sec to get this buff, then spam their highest dmg spells after for most effect. Seems like a big change in rotation, might need some adjustment.
    Maybe, I could see using WoG before you pop wings and it's hammertime since you will gain overcap HP while spamming.

there was one i read a few days back cant remember the name
    Preaty much it allows your judgements to display a sword or an axe (depends what weapon you got equiped) instead of always a hammer... preaty neat imo

Glyph of Consecration - You can now target Consecration anywhere within 25 yards.

Glyph of Focused Wrath - Holy Wrath only affects one target.

Glyph of Holy Shock - Decreases the healing of Holy Shock by 50% but increases its damage by 100%.

could it be...

could we see the return of the *shockadin* ?

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    "Glyph of Falling Avenger" would have been ridiculously good utility if it was not for the fact that it's tied to "Avenging Wrath". Unless they rework the spell somewhat or add the effect to some other spell, it is going to be a bit underwhelming. A shame, since I would pick such a glyph in an instant since I will do rated BGs.

Still, I like a lot of what I see. Needs work, but we're finally getting there.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    Glyph of Consecration - You can now target Consecration anywhere within 25 yards.

Glyph of Focused Wrath - Holy Wrath only affects one target.

Glyph of Holy Shock - Decreases the healing of Holy Shock by 50% but increases its damage by 100%.

could it be...

could we see the return of the *shockadin* ?
    Yeah, it seems like it is the case. All Paladins that day rejoiced and celebrated. =D
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-03-22 at 10:44 AM.

Glyph of Righteous Retreat (NYI) During Divine Shield, you can invoke your Hearthstone 50% faster.

Bubble Hearth makes its triumphant return!

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valala View Post
    Glyph of Righteous Retreat (NYI) During Divine Shield, you can invoke your Hearthstone 50% faster.

Bubble Hearth makes its triumphant return!
    Ah, Bubble Hearth, how I have missed thee. =')

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Hmmm. Glyph of Inq currently only increases duration by 100%... so at 3 HP its 1 min? I don't think that's long enough to warrant a 10% dmg reduction of Inq. But we'll have to wait to see numbers to see if it is; or if I get into beta and try it myself!

I LOVE some of the aesthetic glyphs (Mounted King, Fire from the Heavens). Oh! and Battle Heals WILL be mine!!!
    glyphs are no longer meant to be complete DPS gains. for example, this is a glyph that was EXPLICITLY mentioned as an example of the glyph design they want to add. remember, there are no more prime glyphs, so all glyphs now change abilities in such a way that it's nearly always situational or cosmetic.

in the case of inq glyph, this glyph makes you do less theoretical damage with optimal play, but it's not intended to be used for optimal play. it's more intended for people like me, who suck at managing inquisition and frequently don't notice that they have let it fall off. If you cannot maintain 66% uptime on inquisition without the glyph, it's actually a DPS gain. the good players that can keep up inquisition well enough shouldn't use it, but the somewhat lesser gods have an advantage from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    it's only for 6 seconds, not 20 like the current selfless healer talent. it's VERY much a DPS loss.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    ewwwwwwww alot of these glyphs are gross doubled edged swords that aren't worth the penalty.
    You know that exactly what i was thinking, so many "but" on damage dealing glyphs, and looking at other classes it doesnt seem to be the same for them. Gotta hope those change for release

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com