Page 40 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The new changes just make us not want to push SA. Mind flay kicks its ass in damage hands down now.Like the new twist of fate though. Don't like how bad they nerfed VT, seems a little overboard. I rolled shadow to deal damage with dots, not mind blast with some dots.

Edit - Shadow Word Death buff, inb4 one shotting all day
    Last edited by Karshda; 2012-04-25 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    Hmm am I wrong or do the new changes totaly kill of mastery now ( nerfed dots + no reason to cast SA doesn´t make sense at all )

Deleted
    What i hate the most about our futur, is that only our dot will be improved by mastery, Mind blast will only be affected by spell(and crit but meh), if you compare that to most of the mastery of the other classes, its an increase in all their damage. Fire mage for example, even if FB doesn't hit for harder with more mastery, the ignite it will generate will do more damage, so mastery does increase damage dealt by fireball. We don't even have anything close to that for our Mind blast, I wouldn't be surprised to actually see MB falling out of the rotation because of that. SA suffers the same problem.

The most bizare fact is blizzard politic to erase dots, or at the least the possibility of multidoting. I just dont get why they just didn't make every dot able to affect only one target... and balance every thing around that w/o having to throw every dot in the game in the bin( IS for boomkin, DP for us etc etc) And YET our mastery only affect dots....

Please blizzard be the tiniest bit logical in your decisions...Like what you did with mass dispel(decent mana & small cooldown). I hope there will be some rework on our mastery and Mindblast, I juste can't see it becoming some stupid press button every 6sec.... It would be so lackluster, nothing dynamic about it.

BTW is it for real the 2nd shadowfiend? do devs really care that little for us? as to give us the exact same cooldown but with a different name?...
    My post is sorta pessimistic but the way things are going we are doomed to be ret4.0.

With Vampiric Touch nerfed I'm a bit concerned about our passive healing as well, since it still returns the same portion of damage done as health. I always felt like the passive trickle of health was one of the defining traits of spriests, and it makes me a bit sad to see that somewhat gone.

Mindbender aka Shadowfiend as a talent is also utterly confounding, and I pray that it is merely placeholder. Taking a baseline ability and turning it into a talent is just...no.
    Last edited by glutSolidSphere; 2012-04-25 at 04:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tooltip for psyfiend SEEMS to have fixed the issue of DRing with fear. It now says "horror," but I hope that doesn't mean it now DR's with psychic horror.

I'm fine with the changes made to spectral guise as a talent (although it still needs MAJOR work in terms of how it works).

I'm "meh" about void shift being our 87 ability. I feel like it's a bit of a downer to have an ability like that be our "big spell" with a 6 minute cooldown slapped on it. I'd like something I could use readily.

I still want to see some aesthetic glyphs for shadow priests. Hell, I'm really jealous about the warriors charging with a trail of flame. Not to mention the amazing warlock ones.

I feel cheated with shadowfiend 2.0 being a talent, especially when it's up against Archangel and DI.

I hope that this isn't finished. It's starting to look like these are the talents and abilities they want to go live with. I really, really, really want more than two buttons to push when it comes to shadow orbs. Give us something else to do with them. Also fix Shadowy Apps, they're still embarrassing.
    Last edited by Venteus; 2012-04-25 at 04:56 AM.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by glutSolidSphere View Post
    With Vampiric Touch nerfed I'm a bit concerned about our passive healing as well, since it still returns the same portion of damage done as health. I always felt like the passive trickle of health was one of the defining traits of spriests, and it makes me a bit sad to see that somewhat gone.

Mindbender aka Shadowfiend as a talent is also utterly confounding, and I pray that it is merely placeholder. Taking a baseline ability and turning it into a talent is just...no.
    My hope is that they're planning on making Mindbender a swooped up Fiend in the next beta patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    I hope that this isn't finished. It's starting to look like these are the talents and abilities they want to go live with. I really, really, really want more than two buttons to push when it comes to shadow orbs. Give us something else to do with them. Also fix Shadowy Apps, they're still embarrassing.
    There is no way this is close to release. We still have tons of problems and having one button that does pitiful dmg in comparison to mind flay is ridiculous expecially when its our resource dump. I also didn't see any increase to SA dmg where all our other dmg got upped except VT. If they were looking to keep SA i think they would have at least increased the dmg. I feel they are more than likely looking at either a redesign on spells to use as a dump or a redesign on SA completely.

Hrm, it would seem we still get fiend at 42 in the current build, and Mindbender returns twice the mana of fiend. Many other classes have talents that replace baseline skills, so my money is on Mindbender doing the same.
    Last edited by kombucha; 2012-04-25 at 05:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Hrm, it would seem we still get fiend at 42 in the current build, and Mindbender returns twice the mana of fiend. Many other classes have talents that replace baseline skills, so my money is on Mindbender doing the same.
    Mindbender: Grants an improved version of Shadow Fiend that deals 100% more damage and generates twice as much mana.

Currently this is what the tooltip for Mindbender says in game.

VT ticks for less than SW:P now and the self-heal is pathetic, at about 903~ at an average iLvl of 392. The new glyphs are also implemented, and Glyph of Mindflay is awfully situational, requiring a -complete- cast of Mindflay before it triggers.
    Last edited by glutSolidSphere; 2012-04-25 at 05:46 AM.

so far this is a pretty sorry state of affairs...

Mindbender (Which is probably going to be a high level replacement for Shadow Fiend... for whatever reason....)

VT nerfed and self healing nerfed.... great

Glyphs that allow us to cast healing spells in Shadow Form.... kind of dumb and ruins the whole point of being a shadow priest

no shadowy apparition change (And let's face it, this spell was bad since it was nerfed in Pre-Cata)

Void Shift now a baseline spell... great I guess

Spectral Guise gets no change except that now it's a talent... awesome...

Is it just me or do the developers seem really lazy?

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 05:48 AM ----------

It's starting to look more and more like they should just put in "Passive Bonuses" for choosing a certain spec.

AKA, some baseline spells become enhanced.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glutSolidSphere View Post
    Mindbender: Grants an improved version of Shadow Fiend that deals 100% more damage and generates twice as much mana.

Currently this is what the tooltip for Mindbender says in game.

VT ticks for less than SW:P now and the self-heal is pathetic, at about 903~ at an average iLvl of 392. The new glyphs are also implemented, and Glyph of Mindflay is awfully situational, requiring a -complete- cast of Mindflay before it triggers.

Does it share a cooldown with Shadowfiend?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Does it share a cooldown with Shadowfiend?
    It just replaces Shadowfiend with Mindbender. The graphic is pretty amusing though, as it uses the model of those mind control octopi encountered in The Throne of the Tides lol.

Still on a whopping four minute cooldown though.... nice that we got buffs to the spells we've been using for 7 years now... I guess

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    VT nerf is too much, it was doing a bit too much damage yes, but are you trying to remove it from the rotation? A nerf this size may well do that, you realize. Here is the thing, if you intend for us to use VT on a single target, you intend for VT to have a higher DPET relative to our other spells, if it has a lower DPET - we don't cast it. As soon as the DPET for VT is above our other spells, dot cleaving is instantly better than not dot cleaving - so nerfing VT changes nothing - either you limit it to a single target (in which case I probably quit the game, because that's retarded) or you remove it entirely from our dps priorities. There is no middle ground where in you can nerf it enough for us to use it on one target but not 2+

Conclusion: You need to continue to balance around dot classes dot cleaving, you can't just nerf dots into oblivion to make raid design easier. Sorry.

Mass Dispel change is good, Void Shift change is good.

Our Shadowy Apparitions are still useless, and since you have designed our Mastery and Shadow Orbs around them - they are also useless by association. Make mastery affect all our shadow damage, I know its boring but it makes your job a lot easier and it reduces the risk we face that if Apparitions don't work on some fight that our entire class suddenly doesn't work.

Make Shadow Orbs affect Mind Blast again, I know it's not something new - but this mechanic worked well until now. Shadowy Empowerment didn't work, but that's gone now, MB scaling off Orbs was a good mechanic: Keep it.

With the 50% nerf to VT, are you going to double the amount of healing we get from each tick? It was weak on Beta (which is why you made a glyph to increase it by 66%), now with a bigger damage nerf than the glyph improves - the effective health is only going to be weaker than it was originally before you tried to fix it with the glyph (just buff the SP scaling on VT back up imo, solves three problems at once).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

If I'm not mistaken, this is the biggest list of changes Priests have had in beta.

I can understand SA not being touched yet since they seem dead set on having apparitions, and tweaking ability mechanics (pathing and all that jazz) is a lot harder to fix than simply tuning numbers and proc chances. We've had so many complaints about SA that it would be really shocking for that spell to remain untouched and reach live like that.

Now to happier thoughts!

Spectral Guise: Called it! I was right before in saying that it fits our survivability tier more than being our lvl 87 ability. Now, it just needs to be fine tuned to be competitive with DP and AB.

Void Shift: Every priest healer on beta basically deemed this as a must-have talent, so it's not surprising becoming our new baseline spell.

Chakra: Chastise: I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, and how could you not! Smite has a chance to reset it's cooldown and more importantly, reduces mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire? Doesn't that make Holy Atonement a little too efficient? And I'm sad that it gives Holy Atonement another edge over Disc Atonement when it was originally a Disc talent.

Twist of Faith: Makes it attractive for AoE healing in my mind. Hit just one person (like the tank) with PoH and the rest of the group gets healed for more as well.

Divine Insight: This one I'm torn about.
    Disc-wise, I thought the goal was to turn PW:S into an emergency heal? Unless PW:S suddenly becomes more efficient (which I highly doubt), we'd be ignoring DI procs. Plus, FDCL also procs off Spirit Shell which seems a little wierd.

Holy-wise, cool idea. I don't think it will be 'exactly' like chain-heal. Chain heal instantly travels between bounces, making the whole thing instantaneous. What I'm guessing this does for PoM, is it basically automatically triggers PoM as if you were hit. The difference with chain heal is it still has to travel between people. Hoping that someone can confirm this for us.

Finally, the return of BT and the reworked Penance glyph <3 Disc.
    Last edited by Prod; 2012-04-25 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    With the T14 2er bonus ( 10% crit for Mf ) it´s getting even mor unlikely that anyone will EVER cast SA the way it is now it realy is about time to fix the whole orb situation ...

PS: with the T14 set bonus + the mostly likley higher amounts of crit we will have ( due to mastery sucking thx to SA ) Mindbender could be even better than AA or PI ...
    Last edited by mmocb27299119c; 2012-04-25 at 06:30 AM.

From Darkness Comes Light still doesn't proc from SW: P (tooltip says so).
    Shadowy Apparitions are still slow as fuck but i think they do a little bit more damage.

Mindbender

Dark Binding
    Last edited by Theed; 2012-04-25 at 12:13 PM.
    <inactive>

Here's a pic I took of Mindbender. As stated before, it replaces Shadow Fiend and deals 100% more damage. It basically soloed the mob in a few seconds. I didn't get to put my spells on my bars yet.

Aaaaand some one beat me to it. : /

Blizz: "Hey, I know, lets nerf Shadow a bit more and not change anything that needs change"
    Seriously, they're taking the piss.

T14 Setbonuses: Do we really need an alteration of bleeding T9? I mean come on. They can't even take the time to design a setbonus anymore, they have to take it from T9 and change it a bit. It's becoming worse and worse. While I like the fact that we should be able to use more fiends I'm losing any faith I had in the devs. After 4 years of playing my Spriest by heart there is a very big chance I'm going to stable him and jump on my lock.
    Last edited by Karei; 2012-04-25 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I've only done Jade Temple twice on my Priest in the Beta. Both times I was there as Holy, because as other posters have said, Disc feels so stripped down that I honestly don't know what to do with it.

Holy is strong. I think the biggest issue in Jade Temple is the ridiculous amount of AOE damage. I was fairly stable mana-wise until the fights themselves. Depending on how stupid my party members were, I generally hovered around between 20% and 50% mana for the encounters. For instance, Wise Mari nearly OOM'd me the first time I did her because my party members were standing in the bad water. The second time I did the dungeon, she was fine - even easy - because they didn't take avoidable damage.

At the end of the day, Holy seems to have way more tools to use than Disc does, and that really upsets me.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Great bunch of changes.

- Love the improved chastise. Love it Love it Love it!
    - Totally waited for the nerfaclysm of the T90 tier talents; now the next step of the cycle of making the a set of new Holy Novas can commence.
    - Mindbender seems incredibly mandatory for all manastarved healers. I guess it's good to have the choice of more mana, but I fear it won't be a choice.
    - New set bonuses are boring. The flash heal manacost reduction is even devious - we won't afford to use that spell anyway.
    - Speaking of spell costs, I'm happy to see that Mass Dispel no longer cost half a manabar to cast.
    - Did Serendipity just go back to Holy only?
    - Buff of Spirit Shells seems pretty good! May be worth casting that spell now.
    - Rapture is back... at the cost of half of the meditation buff. Not a good tradeoff.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]