10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    I tested Lava Surge on almost 1000 FS ticks and it is still 20%.
    That's pretty good though right? Atleast once every 5 ticks? And with glyph that makes FLS 30 sec, that means about 2 procs during it's duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    That's pretty good though right? Atleast once every 5 ticks? And with glyph that makes FLS 30 sec, that means about 2 procs during it's duration.
    He was just pointing out that it's exactly the same as it is now. Just phrased differently in the tooltip.

Yep, I was under the impression that it was more than 20% (same value as live) but that is not the case, I guess the impression came from the instant LvB which allows you to never lose a proc.

Deleted
    Yep, I was under the impression that it was more than 20% (same value as live) but that is not the case, I guess the impression came from the instant LvB which allows you to never lose a proc.
    Indeed, if its the same proc chance then its an overall buff because you wont ever lose a proc (if your reactions are quick enough).

good to know that LvS is still 20%, though i had the mindset of it becoming 25% in MoP. SO WE THROW MORE BURNINGG BALLLS!!!

I am really excited about Stormlash Totem. Raid-wide cooldown only shamans can provide? Yes please. Although I know I am really going to hate putting it down and losing a global cooldown during burst phase.

Do other classes also get these types of raid dps cooldowns?
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Well... Warriors get War Banner. It provides 20% additional Crit Damage (skull banner, I think?), so that's pretty cool.

I'm not sure if anyone else got 'cool raid cooldowns', though.

Yep, Skull banner ! 20% crit damage for 10 sec 3min cd.

Yep, Skull banner ! 20% crit damage for 10 sec 3min cd.
    Elemental Shaman + Ascendance are going to *love* that cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    I am really excited about Stormlash Totem. Raid-wide cooldown only shamans can provide? Yes please. Although I know I am really going to hate putting it down and losing a global cooldown during burst phase.

Do other classes also get these types of raid dps cooldowns?
    Skull banner for warrior. Just that for now.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Well i for one am thrilled about Stormlash and Skull Banner. Not because its unique buffs.

But because its realy short duration cooldowns that benefit a small niche so to speak.

Stormlash is gonna benefit massively from haste(And our Mastery ), Skull Banner is gonna benefit massively from Crit.
    I wonder if they are going to go further with more of these short duration raid cooldowns. I like it.

Edit: To clarify, i like them particularly because they require a little bit extra coordination in order to realy get the benefit from them.
    They are both realy short duration so if you time other ability wrong its can potentially be a massive dps loss. Or gain

Tides, if you notice (when you test Stormlash Totem)... the totem does the damage. That means Enh Mastery doesn't take it into account.

Unless you're talking about Mastery buffing your spells, thus making the totem's damage higher?

Also, I'm really thinking a lot of raids will be dropping Stormlash Totem either with Heroism/Bloodlust, or in times of needed burst.
    I'm guessing the former, for more chances to proc the damage.

Its probably been discussed before but anyways...
    I love it that resto shaman PvE is getting buffed by allot
    Now say your a resto shaman in 4.2 Firelands on 10m raiding guild, you got no AoE heal except for healing stream totem for people who are spread out. You just had to choose to be a tank healer or to respec to DPS. On beta we can choose 2 major glyphs to make us viable spread AoE healers, glyph of riptide which makes us similar to resto druid spamming rejuv, glyph of chaining(increases the range that chain heal jumps by 50% and reduces the heal by 15%) and on top of that chain heal doesn't consume the riptide HoT as far as I heard. + Green buff on a CD love it <3
    4.3 is very good for shamans cuz people stack up and allot of time the boss takes more damage so we can get mana back by TC faster. But lets be honest, most of those boss mechanics suck like baws. Personally I like it when people are all spread out doing different things so that the boss is killed rather then staying at one place dpsing a training dummy(ultraxion)
    Forgot one thing, seems like we are gonna keep TC via a glyph, so it seems that we will be benefiting more when we have more intellect then other classes which will make us pretty powerful later on in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Tides, if you notice (when you test Stormlash Totem)... the totem does the damage. That means Enh Mastery doesn't take it into account.
    I dint notice that.. You just brought my mood from like a full 10 to a 1.. Damn what a buzzkill

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    I dint notice that.. You just brought my mood from like a full 10 to a 1.. Damn what a buzzkill
    On the flip side, it also means the entire thing will count towards YOUR DPS total, since it's your totem doing the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    On the flip side, it also means the entire thing will count towards YOUR DPS total, since it's your totem doing the damage.
    Yeah well. I dont realy care about the inflated numbers as much as i care about realy bringing something good to the raid

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Yeah well. I dont realy care about the inflated numbers as much as i care about realy bringing something good to the raid
    In this case, I'll have to apologize in advance but...

"Why not both?"

... which is actually what you get. Win-Win.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    In this case, I'll have to apologize in advance but...

"Why not both?"

... which is actually what you get. Win-Win.
    inflated numbers are dangerous, because then who is to say, we wont be balanced around those numbers and be underperforming in anything smaller than raid, due to less people proccing it?
    unique buff is dangerous, because when it is too strong, it gets nerfed, even something as "weak" comparatively as DI got nerfed.

all I see from this ability are problems, problems and problems, just like the banner warriors have or even symbiosis.

Tis a good point Sarevokcz. The Stormlash totem is going to be ALOT stronger in 25mans and that could have a negative impact on the class balance.

The balance between 10 and 25 on that matter can be achieved by slightly increasing the required dps in 25 to offset the benefit of having more people (so more proc).
    I don't see Blizz balancing shamans and warriors around their unique raid dps cd, after all Mage are in very strong place right now (4.3) and yet they bring bloodlust. I hope they expand this idea to every class in one way or an other (dps, utility or healing) because it really encourages teamplay !