Edit: 29/03/12 update; this original post is NOT going to be maintained moving forward. There is a collected Shaman changes sticky post here that will be updated with everything on an ongoing basis; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1098979. Discussion can continue here, or in a new thread if this one dies down at some point, but be sure to check the megapost for up-to-date change information.
To ease discussion, here's a breakdown of what we've located so far in the beta database, relevant to Shaman, that's new and interesting. We're channeling discussion to one thread, with everything new in the OP, so that the discussion can remain fairly central and with as much information as we can get.
Bear in mind this is still beta and a lot of these numbers are simply unfinished or not yet implemented. In discussion, please focus on more general issues than scaling based off these numbers. Elemental Blast, for instance, probably doesn't really do zero damage, or they wouldn't have listed it as having damage. They just haven't added the damage numbers yet.
Entries in blue are additions or changes, entries in dim strikeout are the parts that were changed, included for reference
Tier 6 Talents
- Unleashed Fury - Your elemental weapon imbues are empowered, granting additional effects when triggered with Unleash Weapon:
- Flametongue Weapon - Increases the enemy target's damage taken from your Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst abilities by 25% for 10 sec.
- Windfury Weapon - For 8 sec, your melee auto-attacks can trigger Static Shock.
- Earthliving Weapon - When you use Unleash Elements on an ally, you are also healed for double the amount of healing done.
- Frostbrand Weapon - You leech heat from the enemy target, gaining 50% movement speed for 4 sec.
- Rockbiter Weapon - You take 40% reduced damage from the enemy target for 5 sec.
- Primal Elementalist - Your Earth and Fire Elemental Totems draw forth powerful primal elementals directly from the elemental planes. These servitors are 50% more powerful than regular elementals, act as pets directly under your control, and gain additional abilities.
- Primal Fire Elemental
- Fire Blast - Instant - 6 sec cooldown - Inflicts Fire damage to an enemy.
- Fire Nova - 2 sec cast - 10 sec cooldown - Inflicts Fire damage to nearby enemies.
- Immolate - 2 sec cast - 10 sec cooldown - Burns an enemy, then inflicts additional Fire damage every 3 sec. for 21 sec.
- Empower - Instant (Channeled) - 10 sec cooldown - Empowers the elemental's creator with fiery energy, increasing all damage dealt by 5% while the channel continues.
- Primal Earth Elemental
- Angered Earth - Instant 5 sec cooldown - Taunts and causes additional high threat to all enemies within 15 yards.
- Pulverize - Instant - 40 sec cooldown - Smashes an enemy with a rocky fist, dealing 150% of the damage of a normal attack, and stunning the target for 4 sec.
- Harden Skin - Instant - 60 sec cooldown - The caster's skin hardens into pure granite, reducing all damage taken by 40% for 10 sec.
- Reinforce - Instant (Channeled) - 10 sec cooldown - Surrounds the elemental's creator with an earthen shield, reducing all damage taken by 20% while the channel continues.
- Elemental Blast - 2 sec cast - 12 sec cooldown - Harness and direct the raw power of the elements towards an enemy target, dealing 0 Elemental damage and increasing the caster's Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery by 5% for 8 sec.
This has apparently replaced Fortifying Waters.
- Conductivity - When you cast Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, Healing Surge, or Lightning Bolt on a target located within your Healing Rain, allies standing within the Healing Rain share healing equal to 20% of the initial damage or healing done.
Changes to Existing Talents
Some talents appear to be missing; I can't bring them up searching the DB. This could mean they've been replaced by something new, or they could be renamed. I'm not going into that until we find out which.
- Astral Shift - Instant - 2 min cooldown - Seek haven by shifting partially into the elemental planes, reducing damage taken by 50% 40% but also all damage and healing done for 6 sec.
- Earthgrab Totem - Instant - 30 sec cooldown - Summons an Earthgrab Totem with 100 health at the feet of the caster for 45 20 sec. The totem pulses every 2 5 sec, causing roots to ensnare the legs of all enemies within 8 10 yards for 5 sec, preventing movement. Enemies that have already been rooted once by the totem will instead have their movement speed reduced by 50%. Replaces Earthbind Totem.
- Call of the Elements - Instant - 5 8 min cooldown - When activated, immediately finishes the cooldown on all totems with a base cooldown shorter than 5 minutes.
- Capacitor Totem. Instant - 45 sec cooldown - Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that gathers electrical energy from the surrounding air and then explodes after 5 sec to stun all enemies within 8 yards for 5 sec.
These are the new and changed glyphs. There's also a bunch of existing glyphs that weren't changed that I didn't bother including. Many Primes, which were static boosts, were deliberately changed to be Majors and to be tradeoffs, as Majors should be.
- Glyph of Capacitor Totem. Reduces the charging time of your Capacitor Totem by (2000/-1000) sec.
- Glyph of Chaining. Doubles the jump distance of your Chain Heal spell, but reduces its healing done by 15%.
- Glyph of Earth Shield. Your Earth Shield charges are no longer depleted when taking damage, but Earth Shield's duration is reduced to 45 sec.
- Glyph of Feral Spirit. Increases the healing done by your Feral Spirits' Spirit Hunt by 40%.
- Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem. Reduces the cooldown and duration of your Fire Elemental Totem by 40%.
- Glyph of Flame Shock. Increases the duration of your Flame Shock by 25%, but reduces the initial damage dealt by 25%.
- Glyph of Ghost Wolf. While in Ghost Wolf form, you are less hindered by effects that would reduce movement speed.
- Glyph of Healing Stream Totem. When your Healing Stream Totem heals an ally, it also reduces their Fire, Frost, and Nature damage taken by 10% for 6 sec.
- Glyph of Lava Burst. Your Lava Burst spell will always be a critical strike regardless of the presence of Flame Shock on the target, but it deals 5% less damage.
- Glyph of Lava Lash. Your Lava Lash ability no longer spreads Flame Shock to nearby targets.
- Glyph of Purge. Your Purge dispels 1 additional Magic effect.
- Glyph of Riptide. Your Riptide no longer has a cooldown, but also no longer instantly heals the targeted ally.
- Glyph of Spiritwalker's Grace. Increases the duration of your Spiritwalker's Grace by 5 sec.
- Glyph of Telluric Currents. Reduces the damage dealt by your Lightning Bolt spell by 30%, but causes it to restore mana equal to 50% of damage dealt.
- Glyph of Totemic Vigor. Increases the health of your totems by 10% of your maximum health.
- Glyph of Unleashed Lightning. Your Lightning Bolt takes 5% longer to cast, but may be cast while moving.
- Glyph of Water Shield. Increases the passive mana generation of your Water Shield by 10%, but Water Shield no longer activates when you receive damage.
- Glyph of Wind Shear. Increases the school lockout duration of Wind Shear by 1 sec, but also increases the cooldown by 3 sec.
- Glyph of Healing Storm. Each application of Maelstrom Weapon also increases your healing done by 20%.
- Glyph of Totemic Encirclement. When you cast a totem spell, you also place unempowered totems for any elements that are not currently active. These totems have 5 health and produce no other effects.
Changes to Abilities
- Healing Stream Totem - 30 sec cooldown - Summons a Healing Stream Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 1 min 15 sec that heals the most injured party or raid member within 40 yards for ((0+($SP*0.3124)*1)) every 2 sec
- Earthbind Totem - Instant - 15 30 sec cooldown - Summons an Earthbind Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 45 20 sec that slows the movement speed of enemies within 10 yards.
- Elemental Focus - When you land a non-periodic critical strike with a Fire, Frost, or Nature damage spell, you enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next 2 damage or healing spells by 25%, increases spell damage done by 10%, and increases single-target healing done by 50%.
- Shamanism - Increases the damage of Lightning Bolt by 50% and Chain Lightning by 70%, and reduces the casting time of both spells by 0.5 sec.
- Lava Surge - Your Flame Shock periodic damage ticks have a chance to reset the cooldown of your Lava Burst spell and cause your next Lava Burst spell to be instant.
- Dual Wield - You may equip one-handed weapons in your off-hand, and you have a chance to parry incoming frontal melee attacks. and increases your chance to hit with melee attacks by 6%
- Mental Quickness - Your spell power is now equal to 55% of your attack power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of spell power. Your instant beneficial, damaging, and totem spells cost 75% less mana. Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to immediately restore 5% of your mana.
- Searing Flames - Your Searing Totem and Fire Elemental's attacks set their targets aflame, dealing 0 Fire damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. Your Lava Lash ability will consume your Searing Flames, dealing 20% increased damage for each application on the target.
- Spirit Walk - Instant - 2 min cooldown - Can be cast in Ghost Wolf - Removes all movement impairing effects and increases your movement speed by 60% for 15 sec.
- Feral Spirit is now a guardian, not a pet.
- Purification - Increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 25%, and the healing done by your Water totems by an additional 50%. In addition, heals you cast increase allies' maximum health by 10% of the amount healed, up to a maximum of 10% of their health.
Okay, I think that's everything.
All this info is being added to the main official Beta changes thread located Here
as well for future reference, but we wanted a centralized discussion thread, since you folks already had 4 separate threads going by the time I got this written up.