Page 2 of 218 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Oh huh. Now that you mention it, the talents don't say anything about removing the cd. So I guess we DON'T have perma ele pets then, just a stronger cd. Unless "pets under your control" implies that we can have them out all the time?

Now I really AM annoyed that we have to talent to get proper control of them. They should still give us a pet bar with passive, offensive, defensive selections even if we can't use any of their abilities and they just autocast like normal.
    Oh man, I just noticed that too! Does that mean that the elementals still only last a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Oh huh. Now that you mention it, the talents don't say anything about removing the cd. So I guess we DON'T have perma ele pets then, just a stronger cd. Unless "pets under your control" implies that we can have them out all the time?

Now I really AM annoyed that we have to talent to get proper control of them. They should still give us a pet bar with passive, offensive, defensive selections even if we can't use any of their abilities and they just autocast like normal.
    Uh yeah... people will be more up in arms if it's that way, saying things like, "So I have to take a talent to make my elemental not derp!?" I can see it now...

I think someone else mentioned it already, but I'd like to see both FE and EE as pets, even without the talent, just they have a limited duration (like Druid trees) -- and the talent simply makes it a permanent pet. I don't think it'll be that way, though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Elemental Blast we just need more data on, really. We don't know the damage from it or if it's AoE. The self-buff is nice, since it will likely pick the highest of your stats to boost. And it has a 66% uptime, used on CD.
    Tooltip says it has 40 yd range. I know i'ts early beta but I have strong feeling it'll stay as a single nuke/buff spell.

Quote Originally Posted by xor View Post
    Really interested in testing out the riptide glyph while raiding/dungeoning.
    Imagine it in 25m with t12 2pc resto bonus

15+ Year Old Account
    Totems need more health. Even with that glyph.

And if you can't have totems with a decent amount of health, then there needs to be a consequence for destroying them.

~You use a totem, which has a cooldown of, lets say, 45 seconds.
    ~It is on the battlefield for 1-2 seconds and is immediately destroyed.
    ~That is the same as any other caster channeling a very short cooldown (45 seconds in this scenario) and being interrupted in 1-2 seconds.
    ~Now the Shaman has/had no use of that cooldown.

Give Shamans cooldowns through totems, yet have the cooldowns countered by a simple tab target/manual click on the screen...I don't get it.

cant wait to see the theory crafting on riptide glyph

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post

And if you can't have totems with a decent amount of health, then there needs to be a consequence for destroying them.
    That's what the Totemic Restoration talent is kinda for. Although, people are also arguing a lot of these "fixes" shouldn't be through talents, and should just outright be fixed in the inherent design.
    Last edited by tusker; 2012-03-22 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just added some spec ability changes I picked out, there's more than just the Searing Flames change in that build.

[*]Elemental Focus - When you land a non-periodic critical strike with a Fire, Frost, or Nature damage spell, you enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next 2 damage or healing spells by 25%, increases spell damage done by 10%, and increases single-target healing done by 50%.
    This. This is good. Crit might actually be [more] worthwhile!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post

~You use a totem, which has a cooldown of, lets say, 45 seconds.
    ~It is on the battlefield for 1-2 seconds and is immediately destroyed.
    ~That is the same as any other caster channeling a very short cooldown (45 seconds in this scenario) and being interrupted in 1-2 seconds.
    ~Now the Shaman has/had no use of that cooldown.

Give Shamans cooldowns through totems, yet have the cooldowns countered by a simple tab target/manual click on the screen...I don't get it.
    Totems do have some advantages over "normal" buffs though, they're indispellable and you can just drop it out of los of your opponents. If your opponent actually takes the time to destroy your totems, it acts as a pseudo spell to increase the gap or to buy some time to cast a heal or two.

Elemental Focus - When you land a non-periodic critical strike with a Fire, Frost, or Nature damage spell, you enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next 2 damage or healing spells by 25%, increases spell damage done by 10%, and increases single-target healing done by 50%.

Shamanism - Increases the damage of Lightning Bolt by 50% and Chain Lightning by 70%, and reduces the casting time of both spells by 0.5 sec.
    I really like the change to elemental focus, allows us to throw some nice heals while questing as well as better off-heals if needed. The shamanism change confuses me slightly. 70% increase to CL dmg?!?! No more benefit for LvB though...are they going to reduce its base cast time to 1.5 seconds or leave it at 2? Not to mention the huge hit it's going to take in dmg. Very interesting though.

There are a lot of datamining changes we're finding. Bear with us until Endus can finish updating. There's apparently a lot of changes that aren't just glyphs n' such.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I really like the change to elemental focus, allows us to throw some nice heals while questing as well as better off-heals if needed. The shamanism change confuses me slightly. 70% increase to CL dmg?!?! No more benefit for LvB though...are they going to reduce its base cast time to 1.5 seconds or leave it at 2? Not to mention the huge hit it's going to take in dmg. Very interesting though.
    Well there really wasn't a need to have it on Shamanism (or the cast time reduction) anymore because it's Elemental specific. They can just tune the spell directly now without affecting other specs.

10+ Year Old Account

Angry Coding issue with CH my butt...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Glyph of Chaining [NYI]
    Doubles the jump distance of your Chain Heal spell, but reduces its healing done by 15%.

I know there's a bunch of threads floating around with new glyphs, but I wanted to talk about this one in particular. ALL of Cata (and I guess Wrath, but not so much) we begged and begged for them to extend the jump range of Chain Heal to 20+ yards, to make it actually viable for spread out fights (i.e. Ragnaros 2.0) and we kept either hearing nothing back or the same excuse: the game coding cannot handle more then the 12.5y jump.

So, apparently it can! With this glyph it will now jump 25 yards. Why now, what changed to make this possible? Why couldn't they do this a year ago? Do you think they altered code somehow for MoP that allowed this sort of thing?

I'm grateful this glyph is coming (though beta is beta, so lets hope it stays), but I'm still quite bitter it never came with Cata.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/51505-lava-burst

Looks to be 1.5 sec cast. It even says 1.5 sec on the official talent calc on the MoP site.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Glyph of Chaining [NYI]
    Doubles the jump distance of your Chain Heal spell, but reduces its healing done by 15%.

I know there's a bunch of threads floating around with new glyphs, but I wanted to talk about this one in particular. ALL of Cata (and I guess Wrath, but not so much) we begged and begged for them to extend the jump range of Chain Heal to 20+ yards, to make it actually viable for spread out fights (i.e. Ragnaros 2.0) and we kept either hearing nothing back or the same excuse: the game coding cannot handle more then the 12.5y jump.

So, apparently it can! With this glyph it will now jump 25 yards. Why now, what changed to make this possible? Why couldn't they do this a year ago? Do you think they altered code somehow for MoP that allowed this sort of thing?

I'm grateful this glyph is coming (though beta is beta, so lets hope it stays), but I'm still quite bitter it never came with Cata.
    I'm wondering if it'll be worth it. True, shamans were gimped a bit on spread out fights by having CH be almost useless, but except for a few exceptions, I don't know of any current game situations which contain 1) lots of raid damage and thus lots of raid healing, and 2) for the raid to still be spread out. I'd say p1 Ragnaros on a trap explosion is one, but that's about it. Of course, this opens up the designers to have the freedom to design such content, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Well there really wasn't a need to have it on Shamanism (or the cast time reduction) anymore because it's Elemental specific. They can just tune the spell directly now without affecting other specs.
    Good call, I forgot about that ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. It took me a couple hours, but I've gone through everything in the spellbook and talent list. I can't find Fortifying Waters anywhere in the DB, which MAY mean it's gone, but it may also be renamed and/or reworked. So no promises in that regard.

Anything I didn't list I think is pretty much unchanged. If I missed anything, point it out. There may be additional new stuff, but the only way to pick it out would be to scroll through every single spell in the database and ask "is that thing new and does it look shaman-y and is it not something a mob uses?" And I ain't doing that. I'll wait for beta access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. It took me a couple hours, but I've gone through everything in the spellbook and talent list. I can't find Fortifying Waters anywhere in the DB, which MAY mean it's gone, but it may also be renamed and/or reworked. So no promises in that regard.

Anything I didn't list I think is pretty much unchanged. If I missed anything, point it out. There may be additional new stuff, but the only way to pick it out would be to scroll through every single spell in the database and ask "is that thing new and does it look shaman-y and is it not something a mob uses?" And I ain't doing that. I'll wait for beta access.
    Thanks in advanced for your efforts.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

wtb a shaman mop stream

Druids got astral form instead of shaman. Its official I'm upset.
    Hi Sephurik

Healing Stream Totem - 30 sec cooldown - Summons a Healing Stream Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 1 min 15 sec that heals the most injured party or raid member within 40 yards for ((0+($SP*0.3124)*1)) every 2 sec.
    NOOOO!! They've murdered my precious HST T.T