Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Off hand] Electrowing Dagger (h) VS Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages

I have seen many people who have the legendary and have the no'kaled (h) of main hand. But instead of using the Tisiosh, they use the Dagger Electrowing (h) in his offhand and do not understand why. the legend has better stats not?. Someone could explain why?. (Combat)

The only reason they wouldn't be using the legendary is if they don't have it. Either that or they're stupid.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    The only reason they wouldn't be using the legendary is if they don't have it. Either that or they're stupid.
    QFT .

Unless they've changed something drastically since I hung up my wow coat until mists come out, Heroic No'kaled MH and Tisiosh > Legendaries for single target fights for combat.

Legendaries only surpass no'kaled on fights where you're cleaving quite a bit.

Must have gotten tired of re-enchanting Tiriosh with Pyrium Weapon Chain after raid every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Must have gotten tired of re-enchanting Tiriosh with Pyrium Weapon Chain after raid every week.
    Basically this probably. If you have legendaries but you've already cleared all content might as well just use Axe+Electrowing instead of renchanting your Tiriosh with weapon chain if you pvp.

Now if they haven't cleared content and are doing that then.. fuck, another example of an idiot rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxis86 View Post
    QFT .

Unless they've changed something drastically since I hung up my wow coat until mists come out, Heroic No'kaled MH and Tisiosh > Legendaries for single target fights for combat.

What? Shadowcraft puts the legendaries about 2k dps above H No'kaled on single target fights.

Edit: Just checked Shadowcraft, and in BiS gear the legendaries are 2.4k dps above H No'kaled on a single target fight. Cleaving fights they wouldn't even compare.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-03-21 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riojano0 View Post
    I have seen many people who have the legendary and have the no'kaled (h) of main hand. But instead of using the Tisiosh, they use the Dagger Electrowing (h) in his offhand and do not understand why. the legend has better stats not?. Someone could explain why?. (Combat)
    Seeing as my p2 offhand actually shows as superior to 410 electrowing (granted its by a very small amount and I could see 410 electrowing being better with certain gear sets), I find it extremely hard to believe the legendary could ever be worse than the 410 electrowing.

Whoa whoa whoa, what theory is there behind H No'kaled being better than legendaries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, what theory is there behind H No'kaled being better than legendaries?
    Indeed someone do the math here, Like the static agility and the proc should destroy No'kaled by far in terms of actually single target mainly the agility part

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Indeed someone do the math here, Like the static agility and the proc should destroy No'kaled by far in terms of actually single target mainly the agility part
    Not to mention how long the proc likes to sit at around 600+ agility for Combat.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    my H No'kaled procs doing only about 370k dmg if fight is about 4 minutes (ultraxion, unsleeping, etc.)...In my opinion, legendaries must be better, I will see next week.

Envy - Drak'Thul EU
    Last edited by mmoc169174e9dd; 2012-03-22 at 07:24 PM.

Please note that while a heroic Nokey really DOES do awesome damage, there's simply no way that fury of the destroyer does not absolutely obliterate it single target. Please remember that fury gives you whole extra adren rushes and killing sprees, something nokey's flame burst can't compare to. Shadowcraft takes this into account, and clearly shows dominance on the legendaries.

The weapon chain theory is the only one I could get behind. I'm just going to run weapon chain except on madness until we kill madness, and then I'll just weapon chain it forever.

Yeah, the proc is where the legendaries really shine, easily best rogue weapons out there bar none. Though the weapon chain theory makes sense.

Agreed, but even then it would be misguided. Weapon chain is at most around 300 dps lost. Legendaries with weapon chain on Tiriosh should still blow up H. Nokey + H Electrowing with double landslide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Shadowcraft takes this into account, and clearly shows dominance on the legendaries.
    No it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t108630-shadowcraft_rogue_spreadsheet_4_0_a/p38/#post2116039
    I can't speak for every depeloper but, as far as I'm concerned, I don't think I'll be pushing new code into the engine untill the next xpack drops. Aldriana showed some interest in working on the legendary proc and I had some bash at it, but the complexities involved abound; this, coupled with raid proggression going faster than legendary acquisition for many of my peers, made me lost interest in it.

But I do agree that legendaries are better than No'Kaled.

Interesting, given that Shadowcraft definitely claims a large increase that is four outside of what you would get for 416 weapons with a five way stat split. The stacking buff is nice, but I doubt it would be thousands of dps as assumed.

Regardless, the previous comparison (403 Nokey being better than 406 daggers) didn't have a fight-changing proc to consider.

Shadowcraft models the daggers' proc as a stacking agi buff that never goes away. In my gear one point of agility is worth about 5 dps, and the buff probably averages around 35-45 stacks on shadowcraft. 17 x 40 x 5 = 3400 dps, so yeah.

That means that Shadowcraft isn't properly valuing sub mastery, for instance. Hrm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxis86 View Post
    QFT .

I am more than happy to be corrected, but I find this difficult to believe.

The legendary stacks agility up to 850, and the proc reduces the cd of KS and AR by a minute, and you get extra stats. That is surely better than extra IP procs from Nokaled and the magic damage. Surely?

Again, please correct me if I am wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    I am more than happy to be corrected, but I find this difficult to believe.

The legendary stacks agility up to 850, and the proc reduces the cd of KS and AR by a minute, and you get extra stats. That is surely better than extra IP procs from Nokaled and the magic damage. Surely?

Again, please correct me if I am wrong...
    Think it like this:

Does more IP procs and weapon proc overweight stacking agility buff,more mastery procs,450 points of stats,and atleast 1 per fight free KS and AR?

You dont need to be mathmagician.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles
    Thread: F**k y*u blizzard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Flavor of the month spec swappers have turned out to be worse on average than players that specialize in one spec.