Nerfed but still something

Glyph of Shadow Walk
    No idea what to think on this until theres more info on the ability itself

Glyph of Sinister Strike
    A fix to energy capping?

Glyph of Smoke Bomb
    Odd addition

Glyph of Vendetta

I may have missed some feel free to add in anything you find.
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-03-22 at 04:44 AM.

About killing spree, I think they said that while it is active, if you press the killing spree hotkey again you will jump to a new targer(currently its random).
    So If you want to relocate after a killing spree right away (after target swaps) then you may want the glyph

Glyph of Tricks of the Trade
    Nerfed so that there is no bonus damage whatsoever rather than just a 5% reduction.

Deleted
    Wow. I know that everything is subject to chance at this stage of the development, but those glyph changes are really the most disappointing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    Wow. I know that everything is subject to chance at this stage of the development, but those glyph changes are really the most disappointing.
    Indeed. But let's wait for the cool stuff ones.

It seems ALL major glyphs are going to have a drawback on them for all classes. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    thats kinda lame....
    Other classes get glyphs of ghost form and pillar of fkin flame and thunder coming down every time they crit ...
    What we get? screwd as always (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I weep for you glyph of feint.

i knew they will be nerfing rogues after everyone is QQ'ing about how OP rogues are now that we got our legendarys we will not be topping the meters in mop i kinda get the feeling it was a goodbye gift before mop ^^

The only good glyphs are:
    Sinister Strike-it's ok, energy capping? No more!
    Debilitation(not 100% sure)- No longer need crippling?
    Smoke Bomb(I love PvP and I will love this glyph)-Too good to be true?

Glyphs maybe useful:
    Feint-it's ok,
    Killing Spree-it should work the same without the glyph but not bad,
    Expose Armor-not sure, but 3x Exposed Weakness sounds awesome,

Bad:
    Blade Flurry-why combats should care about poisons?(ok it's DPS, but hey! It isn't something big)
    Recuperate-only 0.5%? I'm sure there will be more useful glyphs for subtlety rogues,
    Trick of the Trade-why it isn't increasing damage? It's stupid...

Not sure:
    Vendetta-30% for 20 sec or 25% for 30 sec? I think I won't get this glyph because I like big bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Bad:
    Blade Flurry-why combats should care about poisons?(ok it's DPS, but hey! It isn't something big)
    Non-Lethal Poisons, so no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i knew they will be nerfing rogues after everyone is QQ'ing about how OP rogues are now that we got our legendarys we will not be topping the meters in mop i kinda get the feeling it was a goodbye gift before mop ^^
    You are correct.

I predict we will be in a very bad place the entire first tier of the expansion, as we always are. Whether a lot re-roll to monks like most rogue's did in wrath to DKs I'll have to see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    You are correct.

I predict we will be in a very bad place the entire first tier of the expansion, as we always are. Whether a lot re-roll to monks like most rogue's did in wrath to DKs I'll have to see.
    yeah this is nothing new. new expac, rogues suck ass, rogues reroll something else. rogues get buffed. blah blah blah. i quit the game cuz im tired of it.

Compared to the new glyphs for the other classes, ours seem very bland and unexciting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Compared to the new glyphs for the other classes, ours seem very bland and unexciting.
    and this is suprising? seriously after wrath and cataclysm i expected to see rogues get the short end of the stick (again) with new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    thats kinda lame....
    Other classes get glyphs of ghost form and pillar of fkin flame and thunder coming down every time they crit ...
    What we get? screwd as always (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    I don't see any of the new 'vanity' glyphs for rogues at all. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to rogue vanity yet.

I too weep for glyph of feint and glyph of tricks. I see zero reason to glyph new tricks ever ever.

Good
    Glyph of Expose Armor - Obvious if your raid comp needs you to sunder.
    Glyph of Debilitation - Mmmmyesss. Unfortunately it's on a finisher, so to get a slow up right away... I'd probably stick with crippling or deadly brew.
    Glyph of Smoke Bomb - I can't believe they nerfed smoke bomb's duration and now added in a glyph that extends it again.
    Glyph of Shadow Walk - If you ever played a rogue in BC, this is the equivalent of popping perception + prevanishing to get off a sap on the enemy rogue/druid. Delicious. OF COURSE OUR MAIN TARGET FOR THIS WILL ALSO HAVE SHADOW WALK + GLYPH SO LOL. Should also help countering hunters, especially with their new glyphed camo.

Okay
    Glyph of Feint - Meh.
    Glyph of Killing Spree
    Glyph of Recuperate - Talent turned into glyph
    Glyph of Sinister Strike - bad to okay, depending on your energy regen. With current regen, it would let you not energy cap, but if our regen is less, more costly SS means slower bandit's guile, and slower combo points. In order to make full use of this glyph you'd have to be energy capping every GCD.
    Glyph of Vendetta - Overall a damage boost, but there's already few boss encounters where you get to attack one target for 30s.

Useless
    Glyph of Blade Flurry - What's even the point of this? The only possible use I could see is maybe hitting bladeflurry on to make sure you get crippling poison on a target. Or for triggering paralytic in pvp, but why would you even be combat?
    Glyph of Tricks of the Trade - Why. Just why.

Deleted
    it's not really surprising. rogues never get big changes. rogue is a very well designed and well balanced class. however im very happy about "glyphe of sinister strike" and "glyphe of vendetta" (more "burst" and less required time on the boss).

i also dont think that rogues will be weak in MoP. blizzard really adressed the big problems with rogues class design and other classes new talents also are not as overwhelming as some may think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I normally don't let these things get to me, but I have to say that I'm sincerely disappointed for once.

Well hey as long as they don't change the way Rogues play and simply add all the fixes they promised us I will be very pleased. But it would have been nice to get some vanity glyph that makes us weapons ooze with poison or something that makes our stabs have a bigger bloody effect or something like that. Happy with the new Sinister Strike glyph at least.

With that said, Glyph of Crittermorph and the glyph that makes Warrior shouts fear nearby critters is pure genius.

First, we aren't quite sure what is going on with glyphs. I think we are going back to major and minor.

Second, as regards your summary:

-Blade Flurry may actually become 15% baseline. Please note the very strange difference here- poisons don't apply to the second target (unless now they do), so glyph of blade flurry actually affects your single target utility. In any event, I'm sure Blizzard will give us the blade flurry that they think is correct- I don't see any other class having this particular niche, and only ONE of our specs, so as long as two static targets makes rogues shine on meters, I don't really care what level of energy nerf we get to go along with that particular phase of play.

Debilitation will be a physical effect, which is nice, but with such a short duration and tied to a certain move... if someone is waddling away from you, and KS is off CD and you have 2 CPs, pressing evis probably won't make you super thrilled about your decision to forgo either crippling or wound + vile brew. Still, it will make crippling less mandatory, especially if someone else brings snares.

I can't view recup glyph. Can you re-copy here as text? Sorry.

Feint going back to costing energy, I also saw that coming. The removal of the cooldown turns it into a different kind of choice- one where you have to lose damage in all specs (not just combat). Given the amazing other talent, and the ability to keep it up essentially full time, this is predictable. Still, 20 energy for 7 seconds of half aoe and 30 percent less ALL damage (feint talented and glyphed) is certainly pretty nice, and you won't miss that energy for the big blasts

Killing Spree- we have no idea what this ability even DOES really. I'm pretty sure it's NYI, and as written it makes no sense. Does it change your target each time? Does the port still free you of controls? I have no idea. In any event, the CURRENT killing spree is just fine, except for the issue this glyph fixes. It doesn't bother me with it being a glyph, but it seems hard to fit in if we have only three majors, and everything here is a major.

Shadow Walk is like the ability from Star Wars: TOR. You turn it on when in stealth, and your effective stealth level increases for a few seconds- similar to (but less powerful than) the old prevanish back when vanish added +stealth. Anyway, while active, this will also add +detect, which makes this pretty mandatory in pvp that can involve other rogues.

I can't read sinister strike, smoke bomb, or vendetta- firewallled, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I can't view recup glyph. Can you re-copy here as text? Sorry.
    I can't read sinister strike, smoke bomb, or vendetta- firewallled, sorry.
    Glyph of Recuperate - Increases the healing of your Recuperate ability by an additional 0.5% of your maximum health.
    Glyph of Sinister Strike - Your Sinister Strike deals 25% more damage and costs 25% more Energy.
    Glyph of Smoke Bomb - Increases the duration of your Smoke Bomb by 2 sec.
    Glyph of Vendetta - Reduces the damage bonus of your Vendetta ability by 5% but increases its duration by 10 sec.
    Glyph of Tricks of the Trade - Your Tricks of the Trade ability no longer costs Energy, but also no longer increases the damage dealt by the target.